Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

View Poll Results: Can a woman liberate the enslaved mind of a man?

Voters
    22. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes

13 59.09%
    • No

4 18.18%
    • Maybe

3 13.64%
    • Don't Know

2 9.09%
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      BlackQueen is offline Pan-Afrikan Nationalist

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Can a Woman teach a enslaved man to be a warrior?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I was reading Asafo:A Warrior's Guide to Manhood by Mwalimu Baruti,and it made me wonder if an Afrikan woman can liberate a enslaved man to be a powerful warrior. Is it possible that patience and strong Black love can liberate our men from the invisible mental and physical chains of slavery?
      All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishment of an African Empire—so strong and powerful, as to compel the respect of mankind, but we in our life-time can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility within another generation.-Marcus Garvey

Elisa Keisha is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

In my opinion, anybody, with the right tools and the good intentions and liberate a enslaved mind. If love is involved its even better, cause unconditional love and patience will be needed in the process.

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

SANKOFA Asociación Cultural
      www.myspace.com/sankofacultura
      http://sankofacultura.blogspot.com

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by BlackQueen View Post
      I was reading Asafo:A Warrior's Guide to Manhood by Mwalimu Baruti,and it made me wonder if an Afrikan woman can liberate a enslaved man to be a powerful warrior. Is it possible that patience and strong Black love can liberate our men from the invisible mental and physical chains of slavery?
      Good question. Lemme ask Assata Shakur and I'll get back to you with an answer at a later date.

Sourakhata is offline Proud Son of West Afrika

Thumbs Up/Down

Indeed it's a good question! I think it's possible and as stated above by sis' Elisa as far as strong love, patience & selflessness are involved any brainwashed mind can be woken up whether man or woman, cause truth is irresistible! But it depends also on the person's willingness to be taught...
      To my opinion that's why the ideologies we defend have been targeted so ruthlessly for so long by the crakkkaz cause they know the power of truth, they know it can set free!!

And no matter what game they play
      We got something they could never take away
      And it's the fire (fire), it's the fire (fire)
      That's burning down everything
      Feel that fire (fire), the fire (fire)
      No water could put out this fire (fire)

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Mama Assata said a woman cant have no reactionary man... and she's not wrong. however, that would be a different question. We, women and men, but let me say specially men, tend sometimes to feel power in teaching our partners and turning them from *put despective adjetive here* to queens and kings. But that should never be our cause.
      There's nothing better for a woman or man than a partner who is more or less on the same road, same level of "consciousness", so each one teach one proportionetely. But, thats not always the case, and if you find love in a Brother or Sister that is more brainwashed than you (lets not put on the "holier than thou" mask), or if its only your friend or neighbour or cousin, you can always help them see some things, meet some books, check some facts and show them with your example (which should always be your first tool and its the one that works better with any kind of people!)

Plus, there's something special when this transformation occurs inside a love relationship. In these days we often dismiss our partners quickly because they are economically poor or make the wrong choices. Maybe he drinks too much, gets into fights, cant find a good job, hang around... The real cause of many of those behaviours has root in a history and context he might ignore, and if he is blessed by a conscious partner that chooses to stay by his side, she can make him understand not by fussing but by enlightening him with information and the right example.

But for some reason, and from what i have seen and experienced, it seems like this is easier if the "conscious" partner is the man. maybe because of the leading roles established...
      what do yall think?

Anyways, talking about roles, i think we have to be carefull on what kind of roles we want to have in a relationship, you dont want to be the teacher and "mightier" forever, and you dont want to end up screaming "i showed you all you know, without me bahblahblah" kind of crap. So balance is always the key.

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I agree,sista. We must never put on that "holier than thou" mask. We may have more knowledge than some,but it doesn't mean that we should look down our noses on those who have been brainwashed just because we have liberated ourselves and realized the truth.
      Quote Originally Posted by Elisa Keisha View Post
      Mama Assata said a woman cant have no reactionary man... and she's not wrong. however, that would be a different question. We, women and men, but let me say specially men, tend sometimes to feel power in teaching our partners and turning them from *put despective adjetive here* to queens and kings. But that should never be our cause.
      There's nothing better for a woman or man than a partner who is more or less on the same road, same level of "consciousness", so each one teach one proportionetely. But, thats not always the case, and if you find love in a Brother or Sister that is more brainwashed than you (lets not put on the "holier than thou" mask), or if its only your friend or neighbour or cousin, you can always help them see some things, meet some books, check some facts and show them with your example (which should always be your first tool and its the one that works better with any kind of people!)

Plus, there's something special when this transformation occurs inside a love relationship. In these days we often dismiss our partners quickly because they are economically poor or make the wrong choices. Maybe he drinks too much, gets into fights, cant find a good job, hang around... The real cause of many of those behaviours has root in a history and context he might ignore, and if he is blessed by a conscious partner that chooses to stay by his side, she can make him understand not by fussing but by enlightening him with information and the right example.

But for some reason, and from what i have seen and experienced, it seems like this is easier if the "conscious" partner is the man. maybe because of the leading roles established...
      what do yall think?

Anyways, talking about roles, i think we have to be carefull on what kind of roles we want to have in a relationship, you dont want to be the teacher and "mightier" forever, and you dont want to end up screaming "i showed you all you know, without me bahblahblah" kind of crap. So balance is always the key.
      All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishment of an African Empire—so strong and powerful, as to compel the respect of mankind, but we in our life-time can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility within another generation.-Marcus Garvey

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I agree,sista. We must never put on that "holier than thou" mask. We may have more knowledge than some,but it doesn't mean that we should look down our noses on those who have been brainwashed just because we have liberated ourselves and realized the truth.
      yeah, not only because its wrong and its not reality, but its also contraproductive, its the worst thing you can do to make a intelligent person listen to you.

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

Im The Truth is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 10/1
      Given: 7/0

Lightbulb

I think what Baruti is saying is that men are best fit to deal with men issues. He makes this point in many of his books. And I'm glad about it cuz somebody has to write for men and against the effeminization of men. Traditionally there was always a man around who was trained and an Elder in manhood or Asafoship (yes, that’s a new word). Of course this is slowly and VERY unfortunately fading away in ameriKKKa. Prison and marriage rates prove this. So with this being the case in today’s times in ameriKKKa (and wherever else) there has to be some females have to attempt to carry the torch out of sheer necessity. But of course this doesn't negate the fact men are best fit to deal with men issues.

As far as liberate our men or people from the invisible mental and physical chains of slavery, I’d question this has anything to do with manhood. Neither men nor women have a stronghold liberating minds. Liberating minds has to do with education and action, no more no less.
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

MsLioness is offline Administrator

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

I don't believe isolated patience and "strong Black love" can do anything at all.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

That's a very cold thing for you to say. Our men need us,as much as we need them.So,you really believe that love and patience can help our men free themselves? Then what will it take?!
      Quote Originally Posted by MsLioness View Post
      I don't believe isolated patience and "strong Black love" can do anything at all.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

But men should know that they are not alone in self-liberation,brother. A sista can do much for a brother,if she has as much strength in herself,then she can be strong for him. Self-liberation is not easy, it's a long difficult journey to freedom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Im The Truth View Post
      I think what Baruti is saying is that men are best fit to deal with men issues. He makes this point in many of his books. And I'm glad about it cuz somebody has to write for men and against the effeminization of men. Traditionally there was always a man around who was trained and an Elder in manhood or Asafoship (yes, that’s a new word). Of course this is slowly and VERY unfortunately fading away in ameriKKKa. Prison and marriage rates prove this. So with this being the case in today’s times in ameriKKKa (and wherever else) there has to be some females have to attempt to carry the torch out of sheer necessity. But of course this doesn't negate the fact men are best fit to deal with men issues.

As far as liberate our men or people from the invisible mental and physical chains of slavery, I’d question this has anything to do with manhood. Neither men nor women have a stronghold liberating minds. Liberating minds has to do with education and action, no more no less.

Im The Truth is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 10/1
      Given: 7/0

I always ask myself why aren't these types of threads questioning ever reversed? For example why not, can a man teach a enslaved woman to be a warrior? Or how about can a woman teach a enslaved woman to be a warrior? Or how about can a man teach a enslaved man to be a warrior? Why is it always can a woman [fill in the blank with a challenge] a man? As if there are some kind of hinted limitation in women. I'm incline to believe some of us allow the absurdities of sexism to shape our questions (and answers).
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Well, i think the question was formulated this way because it was asked by a learning Sister, that may want to turn some man into a Warrior now or in the future (I dont know) But i think we have already reformulated it with our responses, to include all kinds of situations.

Sister BlackQueen, i think what MsLioness means is that its very hard to teach anybody to be a warrior in a isolated atmosphere. The best way is looking at the bigger picture. One person alone (doesnt matter if its man or woman), only by talking to somebody can do little, you need organization. A person must get soaked up into a movement and learn from diverse people to change and become a true Warrior. Her King or his Queen can always be the one who introduces her/him into knowledge, his/her backbone to make the change and the only one by his/her side at all times in the process. But we may need a wider atmosphere.

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

so you're saying that a woman's duty is not teaching a man about self-liberation? Then what is her duty for liberation?!
      Quote Originally Posted by Im The Truth View Post
      I always ask myself why aren't these types of threads questioning ever reversed? For example why not, can a man teach a enslaved woman to be a warrior? Or how about can a woman teach a enslaved woman to be a warrior? Or how about can a man teach a enslaved man to be a warrior? Why is it always can a woman [fill in the blank with a challenge] a man? As if there are some kind of hinted limitation in women. I'm incline to believe some of us allow the absurdities of sexism to shape our questions (and answers).

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

If we are to liberate our people,it begins with the man. We cannot fight this war alone,regardless of atmosphere. One person can do more than no one at all.
      Quote Originally Posted by Elisa Keisha View Post
      Well, i think the question was formulated this way because it was asked by a learning Sister, that may want to turn some man into a Warrior now or in the future (I dont know) But i think we have already reformulated it with our responses, to include all kinds of situations.

Sister BlackQueen, i think what MsLioness means is that its very hard to teach anybody to be a warrior in a isolated atmosphere. The best way is looking at the bigger picture. One person alone (doesnt matter if its man or woman), only by talking to somebody can do little, you need organization. A person must get soaked up into a movement and learn from diverse people to change and become a true Warrior. Her King or his Queen can always be the one who introduces her/him into knowledge, his/her backbone to make the change and the only one by his/her side at all times in the process. But we may need a wider atmosphere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information