Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

A Few Thoughts on Polygamy (and Polygyny and Polyandry)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xd0IsGpK3M]YouTube - Does Your Man Want 8 Wives? (Part One)[/ame]

I think he was pretty on point.

What are your thoughts?

Discuss.

P.E.A.C.E.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Thumbs Up/Down

i'd say he is right on point.

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

The Best point he made was MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

On point.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

Thumbs Up/Down

I "4th" the brother being on point...fo' real.
      "......there can be no Revolution without Revelation..."--KRS One

BlackIsPower is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I believe that along with minding one's own business and staying out of others relationships,also comes those who invite other folk into their relationships to begin with .Fact of the matter is that no one would have anything to say about what you doing IF they don't know what you doing in the first place. Other than that ,brotha was sayin some interesting things.
      Word is bond,bond is life i give my life before my word shall fail /a soldiers oath/freedom or death/I won't stop if I fail,If I fail I get back up can't be soft /gotta be tough/failure is NOT a option/Real recognize Real/let's get it poppin /with mathematics you can solve any problem /that's how we make it to the Top from the Bottom -Dead Prez

manifestdestiny is offline Administrator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Given: 2/0

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM83Qd_iyVM&list=QL&feature=BF[/nomedia]

Interesting enough, this brother has hundreds of children, including a 3 month old. That's powerful, imagine the impact social-politically. No wonder this country outlaws it. wow...the late Elder Akuku had more than a xtra clip, that brother had a 100 round drum lol. That's a blessing to have that many children.

yah'nineh is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

greetings,

Wow, for me personally I loved how he highlighted on HONESTY and TRUTH, because if you gonna say you love someone, those two things have to major in the relationship. I only have respect for a man who has more than one woman if he goes about polyndry the right way, which is being honest about the purpose and treating his women right. And I also know that it can work 'coz my grandfather had two wives as well, and his children grew up exactly the way this man describes his childhood, there was no separation 'coz they were all in one household...I just think a man would have to be mature enough to understand and to be able to handle such responsibility and right now VERY few men actually can.

Very powerful and well explained, lotta folks have f*kcd up the concept so far, which has lead a lot of us women to mistrust men and to think such relationships would never work.

Peace be upon you

edwins is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by yah'nineh View Post
      greetings,

Wow, for me personally I loved how he highlighted on HONESTY and TRUTH, because if you gonna say you love someone, those two things have to major in the relationship. I only have respect for a man who has more than one woman if he goes about polyndry the right way, which is being honest about the purpose and treating his women right. And I also know that it can work 'coz my grandfather had two wives as well, and his children grew up exactly the way this man describes his childhood, there was no separation 'coz they were all in one household...I just think a man would have to be mature enough to understand and to be able to handle such responsibility and right now VERY few men actually can.

Very powerful and well explained, lotta folks have f*kcd up the concept so far, which has lead a lot of us women to mistrust men and to think such relationships would never work.

Peace be upon you
      greetings-

brova said a lot. big ups for this post. i'm feeling yah'nineh... i agree with so many of your thoughts and feelings.

at various times in my life i have been guilty of multiple relationships- only once was i honest about it. in my late 20's i figured out how important it was to be honest with the people i care about. forget sex for a moment. the joy i experienced from looking a woman in her eyes and telling her the truth and 'feeling' her response to that truth was overwhelming. i will never forget the feeling of complete and total satisfaction from meeting a womans' mind, body and spirit. it was then that i began to appreciate a woman for her 'being'. not the shallow, superficial nonsense that we so often base our relationships on... then there was her easy and relaxed 'acceptance' of me and my truth at that time and place in her life- bringing joy and smiles and laughter... no secrets... nothing to 'figure out'. it was her response that taught me 'who she is' and the space she occupies... her 'importance' to my development as a man... this came about as a result of my being honest- emotionally vulnerable... that's some scary shit...

peace be upon you

Thread Information