Forgot your password?

nattyreb is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0
      Given: 0/0

French Police Violence Against Sis. Eunice Barber

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      i searched for this but couldn't find it, hope it's not a repost. i want to find an English version of the petition, the Facebook site says one is coming soon. Something else i read while researching seems to indicate that she was (or is?) locked up, but this only mentions a fine, so any help w/info would be appreciated so we can support! Asante sana!
      -----------------------

The African French star athlete Sister Eunice BARBER was unjustly fined 5000 € (about $6,300) by a French court Tuesday Dec 2 for allegedly rebelling against the police in March 2006. Actually, she was assaulted, insulted and beaten by the police officers as proven by witnesses and video records of the incident. But her lawsuit against them was simply ignored and turned down. Now the unfair court arbitrarily declared her guilty on the charge of so-called "outrage, rebellion and refusal to obey".

Sister Eunice BARBER is Former long jump and heptathlon world champion.

Her Friends and Supporters have launched a petition online to support her and together with her, they have started an Advocacy Group to Fight Police Violence in France. Please, check the attached translation in colonial English. And go to the petition link (site in colonial French) to sign and send a message of support to our Sister while viewing the video footage on the police assault on her.

Petition link:

http://www.mesopinions.com/Contre-le...f49e39a9a.html

Website Eunice Barber Advocacy Group against Police Violence
      http://www.collectif-barber.com

Facebook Link with more information in colonial english:
      http://www.facebook.com/topic.Php?ui...520&topic=6530

Official site of Sister Eunice BARBER:
      http://www.barber-eunice.com

(i just realized i probably should've posted this under "posts to be translated", sorry!)
      "We must continue to move forward and do everything we can to outlaw legal lynching in America. We must continue to stand together in unity and to demand a moratorium on all executions. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. We will prevail. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight." -- Excerpts of Last Words of Bro. Shaka Sankofa, an innocent man executed by the state of Texas, 6/22/00. www.myspace.com/nattyreb7

Sourakhata is offline Proud Son of West Afrika

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

I'll handle the translation Queen. And will post the other articles here & elsewhere to support Eunice.
      She has not been locked up, she has 5 months prison suspended sentence i think, plus the fine she has to pay to the pigs.

The Sistren now knows what it truly means to be Afrikan in France whether you are a famous individual or a simple 'citizen', you are still a black man/woman to them. She used to be very naïve regarding how this country has given her asylum & french nationality, every now and then on TV she used to praise how Frankreich is an exceptional & exemplary country, the land of human rights etc. Though I can't blame the Queen for that, she should have known that they were only interested by her ability as an athlete for her to bring medals and make France shine.
      I'd like to know where are all the condescending journalists, the TV networks, the government officials, the sponsors, where is Nike who constantly promotes tolerance & anti-racism marketing to sell us sneakers & sh!t?
      Where are the patronizing celebrities who hero-worshipped her when on the tracks she used to brilliantly win medals after medals, where are they now?
      None of them has supported her, none of them has taken a stance & speak up for her, they've all gone... Criticizing & denouncing the holice over here does not help for one's career. I guess it wouldn't be the same if it was a white sportswoman, matter of fact this could not have happened to an european one on first place.

Police brutality has skyrocked since Sarkkkozy became 'Ministre de l'Intérieur', he has been the never seen before & the strongest advocate of reinforcing the gestapolice to fight criminality (young afrikan & arabs of course), that's partly how he scared people to get elected as prez. You already know how politicians do, scare tactics and divide & conquer.

I can attest, I've myself went to court for the 1st time in my life just last year & has been charged & condemned exactly for the same reasons as the sistren "outrages, rebelion et violence a un agent depositaire de l'ordre public"
      (outrage, rebellion, refusal to obey and violence to a law enforcement agent) and had to pay a fine too cause I supposedly injured one of them. I'm not proud of it at all but i've whooped the pig's !ss after he slapped me in the face.
      More & more people are being victim of those racist & ignorant pigs. Now french people are getting worried & angry about it cause it's spreading to them also. As far as they weren't concerned by it, it was only us that were targeted they didn't care at all, now their children & themselves are experiencing the backlash, being assaulted, beaten, humiliated, then stripped from the money you're having hard times earning, they're having a real taste of what is a Police State and it's just a beginning.

I've looked for the vid but i did not find it. Where did you see it sis Nattyreb?
      The facebook link does not work or maybe a facebook account is required to get access to it?
      I only hope that she will resume her career & show to those crakkkaz they did not break her spirit.

PS: Ooh I almost forgot : Fuck the Holice whether French or Amerikkkan & everybody who are down with them!!!

And no matter what game they play
      We got something they could never take away
      And it's the fire (fire), it's the fire (fire)
      That's burning down everything
      Feel that fire (fire), the fire (fire)
      No water could put out this fire (fire)

nattyreb is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

Right on, strong Bro., like Mr. Paul Mooney, said, must have been time for her to have a "n****r wake up call." The last paragraph indicates that most share your feeling on that, as well. It's unfortunate that it ever has to happen to anyone, but now her case will help to call international attention to what Sarkozy is trying to keep swept under the rug.

The original posting was recently put out on another site, so i hadn't seen the video or other info myself, in fact, now i'm even wondering if it's new info. i'm enclosing the text that's on the Facebook page and i googled up the video link (pasting it in below, as well). The video is ATROCIOUS, i counted up to 8 cops on that Sista at ONCE. Also note the comments below the video, one says something like it wouldn't happen to a female in America (ha!) and another seems to indicate some bruised feelings on her choice to run for France at all.

i'm really sorry to read you had to put up with that mess yourself, it's sickening, yes it will be interesting to follow what happens now that the white youth are being attacked! Asante sana for all you do, Bro., your skills and talents are greatly appreciated (as are Sis. Elisa's!).

Now that i'm reading the Facebook entry more thoroughly, i'm wondering if that might be the petition?

VIDEO: Dailymotion - l'arrestation d'Eunice Barber 28 mars 2006, a video from airmediatic. police, eunice, barber, athlete

On Wednesday November 26th, two months of imprisonment were handed down by the prosecutor of Bobigny (Seine-Saint-Denis) against Eunice Barber, the world long jump and heptathlon champion , prosecuted for "refusal to submitt to the forces in order" during an interpellation in March 2006 in Saint-Denis. (cf video of the group page).

Eunice was victim of a particularly tough arrest by the police near the Stade de France on March 18th, 2006.

Brutalized by the police, Eunice defended herself as best as she could, facing 6 police men and women in helmets and boots. This armed force of police dragged her by the hair, and forced to stay on the ground while they kept their feet on her back and arms while dragging her to the police station, where she stayed 48 hours in police custody.

Eunice Barber who had seized the IGS (Police Internal Affairs), did not see her complaint for aggravated assault taken into account(...) Her complaint has been ignored.

Eunice and only Eunice is facing charges, as the police, following her charges against them, fired back with charges against the world champion for viloence against the forces of the law as well as bringing danger to the lives of…???

She was accused of brutalising the agents, as she bit two of them, and in particular she was accused of trying to escape while an agent was half way in her car an dshe SUPPOSEDLY would have dragged the officer for several meters.

There are videos that were taken at the scene by observers as well as the video in the parking lot where this all happened so no lies can be hidden…showing that Eunice has only told the truth, the police on the other hand have lied yet only Eunice is facing charges!

. We have formed this group to protest against police brutatlity, to fully support Eunice Barber in her quest to reclaim the dignity she deserves, and in particular because the law is made to be followed and was made to protect us by those who are intended to represent the law. The police.

. Because our police need to find their due respect and because for each injustice they commit, our peace and feeling of safety seems to drift further away.

. We are French citizens, we live in France, our police are intended to be everyone’s police, to protect us all…yet the clichées we see here are an insult to our citizenship as well as our republic.

. We refuse to accept any form of violence commited against our citizens, no matter their origin, their ‘shade’ or color, or their postal address.

. We demand that our highest ministers of justice AND SECURITY unite to discuss and review this matter so that our representatives can find the needed path to find the respect and cooperation that are essential for a population to live in harmony with it’s representatives of the law. We no longer want to be stigmatized by the forces of the law of our country because of our color, ethnic origin, or the neighborhood we live in. We no longer want an accusation to run rampid because an athlete is black and thus in the mind’s of our representatives of our laws this makes her violent?!

. Above all we find it unnecessary to mention the origins of a FRENCH plaintiff when mediatising such an affair.

If you have been a victim or witness of police brutality, no matter your origin or social status, you feel that Eunice’s story hits home, Eunice who is accused of being “one of those athletes who thinks her status makes her untouchable” and thus wont pay for her errors when in fact on the contrary she is speaking out for all of the errors comitted before her story, then come and join this group. Tell your story and leave your opinion. When we have the necessary number of signatures and witnesses we will bring this document to our elected officials.
      "We must continue to move forward and do everything we can to outlaw legal lynching in America. We must continue to stand together in unity and to demand a moratorium on all executions. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. We will prevail. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight." -- Excerpts of Last Words of Bro. Shaka Sankofa, an innocent man executed by the state of Texas, 6/22/00. www.myspace.com/nattyreb7

Thread Information