mochalox is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Lightbulb Attend Obama's Presidential Inauguration

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Witness To Change

Join the Road Trip to Barack Obama's Inauguration

If elected, Barack Obama's Inauguration as the 44th President of the United States of America will take place in Washington D.C. on January 20, 2009. We have begun to organize a nationwide effort to show support for Change in our country, the United States of America.

We hope to have over 200,000 supporters descend upon Washington D.C. to witness one of the most historical events in the history of our nation, the Inauguration of Barack Obama as President of our United States of America.

Rates:
      Atlanta $22

Chicago $24

Detroit $18

Houston $42

Miami $38

New York $14

Philadelphia $10

St. Louis $37

taken from: Obama Inauguration 2009 - Home

Free Assata Family,
      There will be several groups like this going to D.C., I just posted this one to get the ball rolling. Let's start planning now!!!!
      -m.

Sourakhata is offline Proud Son of West Afrika

Thumbs Up/Down

Do you really think Obama will bring change in a culture of almost 400 years of racism in their United Snakkkes of America?

And no matter what game they play
      We got something they could never take away
      And it's the fire (fire), it's the fire (fire)
      That's burning down everything
      Feel that fire (fire), the fire (fire)
      No water could put out this fire (fire)

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I always say it doesnt matter who the puppet...

We all know the presidents aint pulling their OWN strings!
      Check out RebelJewel.com for unique handmade accessories
      Follow me on TWITTER and I will follow you back
      Like the FACEBOOK PAGE
      REGISTER NOW Using discount code REBELFOR2010 for a further 10% discount
      Shipping to Europe and the U.S...
      A Gentleman Will Not Insult Me, And No Man Not A Gentleman Can Insult Me

To Make A Contented Slave, It Is Necessary To Make A Thoughtless One

If There Is No Struggle, There Is No Progress

Im The Truth is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 10/1
      Given: 7/0

[ame="http://www.RBGTube.com/play.php?vid=798"]Obama Victory Speech Change Has Come To America Politics RBG Tube | PanAfrican.TV v2.0 - Free Revolutionary Audio Video Speech Library of Leaders, Activist, and Educators@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.RBGTube.com/uploads/oSuZSovGE1eBli2o1Sz2.flv@@AMEPARAM@@oSuZSovGE1eBli 2o1Sz2[/ame]

The Other First Black President
      [ame="http://www.rbgtube.com/play.php?vid=225"]Ghanaian Liberation Movement pt 1 Africa RBG Tube | PanAfrican.TV v2.0 - Free Revolutionary Audio Video Speech Library of Leaders, Activist, and Educators@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.RBGTube.com/uploads/mU1mfSikKUhycvZxaaBX.flv@@AMEPARAM@@mU1mfSikKUhycv ZxaaBX[/ame]

RBG Tube | PanAfrican.TV v2.0 - Free Revolutionary Audio Video Speech Library of Leaders, Activist, and Educators
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Here's my opinion on the election of Obama...

I HAVE NO EXPECTATIONS EITHER WAY!!! I don't expect him to create change for us. I don't expect him to ignore us. I will just watch and see what happens. If he does end up doing some great things for our people, I will celebrate. If he continues along the path of the last 43 crakkkas in that office, I will let me dismay be known. But I do not have any expectations. I think those of us who acknowledge our hatred for this country and its institutions expect him to be a common tom puppet, more destructive than helpful. Those of us who believe Obama is sincere in his intentions to help turn this shithole of a country around expect him to do a lot more than he has the power to. Either way, we are leading ourselves down a path heading for certain disappointment.

If I am to celebrate anything at all involving this election, I celebrate the image of all those crakkkas bowing down to an Afrikan family. I also celebrate the look in Michelle's eyes when she look at her man as if to say, "I'm proud of you and I will support you with all of my might!"

My advice... continue to prepare. Whether it is the failure of the government or the anger of the crakkka, we WILL be on the defensive for years to come. Keep in mind, the average crakkka doesn't know you're not an Obama supporter, so be ready to defend yourself when attacked both verbally and physically.

PEACE!
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

ScorpioSoul is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Obama

I totally agree with AfroNinpo. If we sittin around waitin on him to all of a sudden change the country and make these crakas stop slavin us or make the pigs stop beatin us, then we are foolin ourselves. They didn't make him God, he's just a president of one of the biggest companies in history. We live in capitalism and that will always be the first priority of the company, money. The only kind of changes that he will make, if any, will be financial, I say accept that and consider it the first stage of the revolution. Its gonna take time but we should celebrate a Black Man, whether we agree with him or even like him, they said one drop makes you black and he's family.

I wish with all my heart that he would get up there on Jan 20 and say "Assata, you got no more worries, you're free" or "Mumia, Sundiata, Mutulu, MOVE, Herman and all ya'll, go home" but in real life, if he did these things, would we then protect him? Hell nah, them "dufflebag boys" are worst capitalists than the CEO's; that's what we do, whatever we touch, we do it best. If we put the real revolutionaries on the streets, the dope boys gotta change up a little and they would kill Obama, Assata, and Mumia faster than the government. Obama said that its up to all of us, not just him and I agree. We gotta start bein real men and real women. We gotta sacrifice and get off the internet and get out there on the block and start talkin to these youngins. It ain't gone be pretty and we might hafta beat somebody's children down, but we gotta regain our pride. Everybody ain't gone change into the "revolutionaries" that some of us are, but if we can just get them to buy one less pair of Jordans and start saving and planning ways to get out the game, that will help. If we can get them to stop gettin so emotional and killin each other for steppin on shoes and for another brotha's clothes and instead train each other and the youth to defend their homes and each other, we would be better off. Nah, I don't expect for Obama to change the world or this country or my city or my block but I hope that his election will inspire somebody enough to know that this is our muthafukin country too, and right now we can reclaim our glory, but it ain't gone be easy.
      "how long shall they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look"? - Bob Marley

Sistahs_Keeper is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Sourakhata View Post
      Do you really think Obama will bring change in a culture of almost 400 years of racism in their United Snakkkes of America?

I'll volunteer my HELL NO to that. Same $h!t, just a different toilet to push it through.
      "Some of the laws of revolution are so simple they seem impossible. People think that in order for something to work, it has to be complicated, but a lot of times the opposite is true. We usually reach success by putting the simple truths that we know into practice." -Assata Shakur

Thread Information