Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Baba Ahmed is offline Honorable Ancestor

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0
      Given: 0/0

Exclamation CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS - Whacha think?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Baba note: the following prefaced the article on Civilizations that follows it. I rec'd via email. It brought to my mind the disconnectedness among our people. And more and more individuals/groups are clamoring to be THE leader, the epitome of all our needs, etc. Meanwhile folk like me are howling in the forests that we must become a "monolithic" folk and that the basis is BLACK. The greetings listed appear to be transliterated Medu netcher. I'm not sure. Fortunately, there're English renderings also.

Another illustrated fact is that European scholars/think tankers b 24/7/366 researching, studying, discussing, organizing, planning and acting to maintain their hegemony. Don't get lost in Huntington's analytical techniques; he's bound to present his views this way. It doesn't appear to be aimed at everyday folk. Primarily, the academia and high level power brokers seem to be the audiences.
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________
      Amn Ra Htp, "Gods Peace,"Tahagasay Hadus Amnd! - "Happy New Year!" Ankh, Wdja, Seneb, - "I wish you life, Strength, and Health"

This Essay, African civilization is not much or part of the new world order equation, but is marginalized and all but written off "possibly African civilization," it calls to mind the call from Dr. Thophile Obenga's challenge to diligently develop the Pan African Renaissance.

"A people losing sight of their origins are dead, a people deaf to purposes are lost. Under fertile rain, in scorching sunshine there is no difference: their bodies are mere corpses, awaiting final burial,"-
      Ayi Kwei Armah --Two Thousand Seasons

A major problem that African people in America are besieged by. Dr. Hilliard described this problem as a cultural surrender. Dr. Hilliard wrote that, "If there is a major illness among Afrikan and Afrikan-American people it is that
      we unceasingly honor and utilize our culture less. All great nations and people do the opposite. Many Black people will still keep walking around with their eyes wide shut. There's absolutely no way to save people from the things
      in their eyes. They must gather the courage to do it for themselves."

http://www.coloradocollege.edu/dept/...ntington1.html Huntington: The Clash of Civilizations?

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Clash of Civilations is very lengthy. It as Chancellor Williams wrote is perfect example that the European reveals more sometimes by what is omitted, in this instance, about Afrikans.

Thanks.... Baba Ahmed
      Free Dome Zone

http://www.oneblackearth.com
      http://oneblackearth.tripod.com
      ==========================

PayPal ready.

Learn06 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

re

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Ahmed
      Baba note: the following prefaced the article on Civilizations that follows it. I rec'd via email. It brought to my mind the disconnectedness among our people. And more and more individuals/groups are clamoring to be THE leader, the epitome of all our needs, etc. Meanwhile folk like me are howling in the forests that we must become a "monolithic" folk and that the basis is BLACK. The greetings listed appear to be transliterated Medu netcher. I'm not sure. Fortunately, there're English renderings also.

Another illustrated fact is that European scholars/think tankers b 24/7/366 researching, studying, discussing, organizing, planning and acting to maintain their hegemony. Don't get lost in Huntington's analytical techniques; he's bound to present his views this way. It doesn't appear to be aimed at everyday folk. Primarily, the academia and high level power brokers seem to be the audiences.
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________
      Amn Ra Htp, "Gods Peace,"Tahagasay Hadus Amnd! - "Happy New Year!" Ankh, Wdja, Seneb, - "I wish you life, Strength, and Health"

This Essay, African civilization is not much or part of the new world order equation, but is marginalized and all but written off "possibly African civilization," it calls to mind the call from Dr. Thophile Obenga's challenge to diligently develop the Pan African Renaissance.

"A people losing sight of their origins are dead, a people deaf to purposes are lost. Under fertile rain, in scorching sunshine there is no difference: their bodies are mere corpses, awaiting final burial,"-
      Ayi Kwei Armah --Two Thousand Seasons

A major problem that African people in America are besieged by. Dr. Hilliard described this problem as a cultural surrender. Dr. Hilliard wrote that, "If there is a major illness among Afrikan and Afrikan-American people it is that
      we unceasingly honor and utilize our culture less. All great nations and people do the opposite. Many Black people will still keep walking around with their eyes wide shut. There's absolutely no way to save people from the things
      in their eyes. They must gather the courage to do it for themselves."

http://www.coloradocollege.edu/dept/...ntington1.html Huntington: The Clash of Civilizations?

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Clash of Civilations is very lengthy. It as Chancellor Williams wrote is perfect example that the European reveals more sometimes by what is omitted, in this instance, about Afrikans.

Thanks.... Baba Ahmed
      I'll go to the link and explore it when I have more leisure time. Also for African Americans my age, mid twenties, it's about getting an education and 'finding yourself' in school (part of why I have the username Learn) and also loosening the immediate family ties and explooring life outside of school, becomming a real person, not so dependant on others, part of why I am part of this website community.

Learn06

Baba Ahmed is offline Honorable Ancestor

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

Quote Originally Posted by Learn06
      I'll go to the link and explore it when I have more leisure time. Also for African Americans my age, mid twenties, it's about getting an education and 'finding yourself' in school (part of why I have the username Learn) and also loosening the immediate family ties and explooring life outside of school, becomming a real person, not so dependant on others, part of why I am part of this website community.

Learn06
      Alaafia Learn06 (06=graduating year?)

May I suggest that your "loosening the immediate family ties..." be done with an aim to keep the loosen ties tighter than possible. A basis of specific and general power is family based!

I see no problem being dependent on "others." Who are the "others"... that's the problem. Can u picture a cadre of partnas rumbling til their last gasp of air, b n independent?

Remember "I am because We are..."

The ruins of a nation begins in the homes of the people
      Free Dome Zone

http://www.oneblackearth.com
      http://oneblackearth.tripod.com
      ==========================

PayPal ready.

Thread Information