Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

SonOfIsis is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0

Books concerning Ancient Egypt?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Can someone here please point me out to any really good books dealing with Egypt with in its African context? More or less a book that evaluates the evidence of an African origin for Egypt in a scholarly fashion. I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanx in advance.

I'd also love to know about any books dealing with Black psychology..

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by sonofisis View Post
      Can someone here please point me out to any really good books dealing with Egypt with in its African context? More or less a book that evaluates the evidence of an African origin for Egypt in a scholarly fashion. I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanx in advance.

I'd also love to know about any books dealing with Black psychology..
      Everybody has their "favorites" and I'm sure any (if many) suggestions will overlap. My PERSONAL favorites are:

1. "Ancient Egypt: The Light of the World" by Gerald Massey - A MASSIVE, 2 Volume body of work...and to be honest I haven't read "ALL" of it...just "MOST" of it. If I was challenged to a debate on anything and everything that has to do with ancient Egypt (and Africa) and I could only utilize one book...this would be my choice. To me, there is NO better (scholastic) work on the topic of ancient Egypt than Massey's. People may disagree with me on this...but this is just my opinion.

2. "Sex and Race (Volume 1)" by J.A. Rogers - Not as massive a work as Massey's, but HIGHLY scholastic...and J.A. Rogers has a way of "getting to the point" of what he is trying to say, better than many of today's contemporary scholars.

3. "Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization" by Anthony T. Browder - This is what I would call a "beginners" book (it even has pictures and all) on Egypt, but the BEST of it's kind. The simple yet highly scholastic quality of this book SOMETIMES makes it a "potent weapon" in your arsenal.

All of these books connect Egypt to Africa very thoroughly. There are also various lectures available on video from various experts on Egypt that should be studied. I don't believe in hording information, so there it is. You have my BEST recommendations.

Tehuti-4 is offline Atef Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/1

The Peopling of Ancient Egypt & the Deciphering of the Meroitic Script:
      By: Cheikh Anta Diop

METU NETER VOl. 1

By SUS Ra Un Nefer Amen

Black Spark, White Fire: Did African Explorers Civilize Ancient Europe?
      by Richard Poe
      The most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.

SonOfIsis is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tehuti-4 View Post
      The Peopling of Ancient Egypt & the Deciphering of the Meroitic Script:
      By: Cheikh Anta Diop

METU NETER VOl. 1

By SUS Ra Un Nefer Amen

Black Spark, White Fire: Did African Explorers Civilize Ancient Europe?
      by Richard Poe

^Thanx, you actually just convinced me to order the book "The Peopling of Ancient Egypt & the Deciphering of the Meroitic Script" from Diop and his research at the symposium. I was already thinking about buying it after I ran across it the other day, and coincidentily it's the first book you recommended. I just read the reviews on the other books too, and Richard Poe seems to have a lot of noise with that book, that's going in my wishlist too.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelAfrika View Post
      Everybody has their "favorites" and I'm sure any (if many) suggestions will overlap. My PERSONAL favorites are:

1. "Ancient Egypt: The Light of the World" by Gerald Massey - A MASSIVE, 2 Volume body of work...and to be honest I haven't read "ALL" of it...just "MOST" of it. If I was challenged to a debate on anything and everything that has to do with ancient Egypt (and Africa) and I could only utilize one book...this would be my choice. To me, there is NO better (scholastic) work on the topic of ancient Egypt than Massey's. People may disagree with me on this...but this is just my opinion.

2. "Sex and Race (Volume 1)" by J.A. Rogers - Not as massive a work as Massey's, but HIGHLY scholastic...and J.A. Rogers has a way of "getting to the point" of what he is trying to say, better than many of today's contemporary scholars.

3. "Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization" by Anthony T. Browder - This is what I would call a "beginners" book (it even has pictures and all) on Egypt, but the BEST of it's kind. The simple yet highly scholastic quality of this book SOMETIMES makes it a "potent weapon" in your arsenal.

All of these books connect Egypt to Africa very thoroughly. There are also various lectures available on video from various experts on Egypt that should be studied. I don't believe in hording information, so there it is. You have my BEST recommendations.
      Haha, you should be a salesmen, you totally sold me on the Massey book. I'm on some what of a book/shopping spree right now so I appreciate this all and most likely I'm going to purchase, or at least check out (from a library) all of these books. "Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization" sounds like a really good place for me to begin also (even though I'm pretty familiar with Egypt as it is), I need to refresh on a lot of Egyptian concepts. Thanx to both of you, appreciate it.

Tehuti-4 is offline Atef Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/1

Quote Originally Posted by sonofisis View Post
      ^Thanx, you actually just convinced me to order the book "The Peopling of Ancient Egypt & the Deciphering of the Meroitic Script" from Diop and his research at the symposium. I was already thinking about buying it after I ran across it the other day, and coincidentily it's the first book you recommended. I just read the reviews on the other books too, and Richard Poe seems to have a lot of noise with that book, that's going in my wishlist too.

Haha, you should be a salesmen, you totally sold me on the Massey book. I'm on some what of a book/shopping spree right now so I appreciate this all and most likely I'm going to purchase, or at least check out (from a library) all of these books. "Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization" sounds like a really good place for me to begin also (even though I'm pretty familiar with Egypt as it is), I need to refresh on a lot of Egyptian concepts. Thanx to both of you, appreciate it.
      No doubt Atef. After reading these you'll be packed & fully loaded for whatever.

Stay up!!
      The most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.

Thread Information