Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

View Poll Results: Who Murdered Malcolm X?

Voters
    77. You may not vote on this poll
    • Members Of The Nation Of Islam? (NOI)

20 25.97%
    • Members of the federal bureau of investigation? (fbi)

14 18.18%
    • Members Of The central intellegence agency? (cia)

22 28.57%
    • Members Of The New York police department (nypd)

7 9.09%
    • None Of The Above?

4 5.19%
    • All Of The Above?

35 45.45%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
      Tehuti-4 is offline Atef Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/1
      Given: 0/0

Who killed Brother Malcolm?? FBI? CIA? NOI?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Present your information/theories here:
      The most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.

NeterHeru is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Blessings of Peace and Serenity,

TEHUTI-4: Technically i'm not sure if we'll ever have a definitive answer to this question, but I believe it was a conjoined operation with the FBI and CIA. I agree with Farrakhan when he said that he helped to create the atmosphere, which was getting worse, within the NOI that ultimately led up to brother Malcolm's demise. Other than that I don't believe the NOI had anything to do with that. The only proof I can offer, for my theory, is that the brothers caught who actually murdered brother Malcolm admitted to working for intelligence agencies. I believe one admitted to working for the FBI, while the other was a local pd intelligence agent, working with the CIA....
      I am a black police officer.

Militantgsg is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

I believe that the NOI, FBI, CIA, and the NYPD all played a part in Malcolm's assassination. Each knew the assassination was going to happen.

Thumbs Up/Down

Interesting article.

Post to spark more discussion. I don't necessarily agree nor can I confirm everything in this article but it does make some solid points.

http://www.mobilization2-21.com/malcolms.htm

EVEN THOUGH MINISTER FARRAKHAN REPEATEDLY DENIES TAKING PART IN MALCOLM'S MURDER HE CONSISTENTLY FEEDS THE CURIOSITY OF THOSE WHO BELIEVE HIM GUILTY WITH STATEMENTS [LIKE: "YOUR TRAITOR OR OURS"] AND DEEDS [THE NATION SUPPORTED THE CONVICTED ASSASSINS DURING THEIR INCARCERATION AND BETTY SHABAZZ PUBLICLY SAID THAT THEY WERE TREATED LIKE HEROS]. MOST RECENTLY (2/98), FARRAKHAN APPOINTED ONE OF THE MEN CONVICTED OF MALCOLM'S MURDER TO HEAD THE MOSQUE NO. 7 THAT MALCOLM ONCE RAN. BE THIS ARROGANCE, NAIVETY, OR INSENSITIVITY, IT DOESN'T MATTER. IT SHOWS INCREDIBLY POOR JUDGEMENT FOR ANYONE WHO CLAIMS HE IS TRYING TO UNIFY BLACK PEOPLE BECAUSE IT EXPLOSIVELY NOURISHES DIVISION BETWEEN TWO IMPORTANT GROUPS OF AFRICANS WORLDWIDE. THIS WAS VERY EVIDENT AT THE SEVENTH PAN-AFRICAN CONGRESS IN UGANDA (APRIL 1994)WHERE BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO LOVED MALCOLM BLOCKED FARRAKHAN'S BID TO RECEIVE HEAD OF STATE STATUS. AND EVEN THOUGH THE MINISTER HAD A VERY SUCCESSFUL MILLION MAN MARCH, BLACK PEOPLE ARE STILL AWAITING A FULL AIRING OF THE FACTS AROUND THE CASE FROM MINISTER FARRAKHAN. IN THIS ARTICLE MR. SHAVERS OUTLINES WHY WE MUST CONTINUE TO PUSH FOR THE TRUTH.

The Murder of Malcolm X is Not Resolved

By John Shavers (February 21, 1995)

Qubilah Shabazz has been accused of plotting to kill Minister Louis Farrakhan, reportedly using a person with a very dubious background (a white man in the federal witness protection program). There are strong reasons for us to question what really happened, recently and thirty years ago. Today’s players remain the same: Malcolm X and his family, the Nation of Islam and the US Government. This recent plot to kill Farrakhan smells suspiciously like entrapment using a trusted close associate of an important black person to bring that person down. This plot story also serves to set up disinformation among the American people. If any moves against Minister Farrakhan are planned [by the same forces of evil that set-up Malcolm’s murder thirty years ago] it will be easy to convince the cattle-like American mentality that someone from Malcolm’s camp is responsible.

Remember, the power structure must be worried that Farrakhan might be successful with his plan to march one million black men to Washington later this year. I was in New York last year when 35,000 people packed into the Javits Convention Center. I was also there when 12,000 black men waited in eight-degree cold weather on a line three blocks long to hear the minister speak. Both these events were successful without the assistence of one drop of major media advertising. These situations were duplicated all over the country. Therefore, the forces of evil have good reason to be concerned. This man, like Malcolm X many years ago, has the potential to unify black people. However, Farrakhan’s most significant weakness is the perception, held by most people who know the whole story, that he had a part in Malcolm’s demise.

Those of us who are familiar with the raw facts will never be satisfied with the lack of justice that has been served regarding the murders of our leaders during the sixties: Martin Luther King, Fred Hampton, Medgar Evers and even the Kennedys. In some cases we just plain don't buy the story we were sold (JFK, RFK and King). Medgar Evers' killer only recently met justice after 30+ years. Black Panthers Fred Hampton and Mark Clark were intentionally killed by the police. But what about Malcolm X? Didn't three men serve time? Only one man was actually caught at the crime scene.

Let's cut to the simple facts:

There were five killers at the Audobon Ballroom on February 21, 1965

Only three men were tried and convicted

One of the men convicted was at home unable to walk on 2-21-65

Two of the men convicted were well known to Malcolm's people as potential enemies. If they had come to the Audobon that day they would have been refused entry or at least carefully watched. None of Malcolm's people including Reuben Francis the NYC Police undercover agent , saw Butler or Johnson on 2-21-65

Talmadge Hayer, the confessed killer who was caught at the scene, said at the trial that the other two, Butler and Johnson, were innocent. However, the most startling fact is that in late 1974, he gave the real names of his accomplices and no effort was made to apprehend them.

We know Hayer joined the conspiracy to murder Malcolm because he thought he was taking part in the silencing of a liar who spoke ill of his beloved leader, Elijah Muhammad. When he later learned Malcolm was in fact telling the truth, he came clean and told all he knew (See the affidavit from Hayer below). But no one in law enforcement listened. No one in the House Assassinations Committee put Malcolm on their list of murders to investigate. Why? Somebody doesn't want this touched.

We know that the government, at a minimum, inspired the murder. The FBI did everything possible to encourage hatred of Malcolm by members of the Nation of Islam (NOI). We know that many still prominent members of the NOI, especially the Honorable Louis Farrakhan, are also deeply responsible for fanning the flames against Malcolm among the loyal followers of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad. Clearly the assassination team consisted of NOI members responding to the climate their leadership created if, in fact, that leadership did not order Malcolm's murder. I believe those who may have encouraged the murder, owe Malcolm's family and African people all over the world a very sincere apology and complete disclosure of everything they know about the case. Of course, anyone directly involved in ordering the killing or pulling the triggers should be brought to justice and punished. Unfortunately, while I have the greatest regard for what Minister Farrakhan is doing today, I could never join him simply because his hands are not clean. His October 1964 article in Muhammad Speaks was a clear message to NOI members that Malcolm should be silenced. Still, he refuses to admit his error and stop, in essence, blaming Malcolm for causing his own death. If you analyze what Minister Farrakhan says, Malcolm, by taking a stand against his leader, sealed his own fate.

We also know that the NOI supported the families of those convicted for the murder during the early years of their incarceration. According to a public statement by Malcolm’s widow, folks in the NOI were openly boastful about the murder. "It was a badge of honor," Sister Betty Shabazz says. This allegation is supported by the attitude displayed in Louis Farrakhan’s public assertion "... was he [Malcolm] your traitor or ours? ..." The statement went on to suggest that the NOI had the right to deal with Malcolm as they saw fit and no outsider has any business making any judgments in the matter. I disagree. The family of Malcolm X disagrees. Millions of Malcolm’s followers worldwide disagree. And if Minister Farrakhan ever expects to take a position in the leadership of all African people worldwide, this very deep wound cannot be ignored.

Who actually ordered the hit? Who paid for it? I don't know. Based on his testimony, even assassin Talmadge Hayer doesn't know. But those of you who watched Mission Impossible will remember that no one in the "I-M Force" ever actually pulled the trigger. But their targets ended up just as dead at the hands of their own people. I believe that this is what happened to Malcolm. Even if someone in the NOI leadership sponsored the assassination, the US government either had agents in the NOI headquarters and/or on the assassination team. The timeliness of the killing was too convenient.

To understand the situation you need to know why Malcolm was killed. Of course the power structure feared Malcolm's fiery condemnations of their responsibility for our misery. But even more so, they feared that Malcolm would unify African people. Not just here but worldwide. Had Malcolm lived, he would have done what no African has done before or since: formed true and solid working links among Africans here and on the continent. He was also moving closer to King. There is nothing more problematic for an exploiter than to have someone pull the wool off him while he is in the midst of committing his crime. Malcolm was about to embarrass the US government, badly. His would have been a blow that would have had major negative implications for the cold war efforts of America. As you know, he had traveled all over Africa and met every key leader including Nasser of Egypt, Nkrumah in Ghana, Sekou Toure in Guinea, Nyerere in Tanzania, Obote in Uganda, Kenyatta in Kenya, Aziekwe in Nigeria. Men who were leading newly independent countries. Malcolm had garnered their support for a UN resolution that would condemn the US and South Africa for HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS. They could no more let that go through than allowing the Russians to simply be awarded title to the hearts and minds of these countries.

Had Malcolm lived, even another two months, the whole game would have changed, markedly and permanently. That's why he was killed. And don't forget, a few days after Malcolm was killed, the CIA had Malcolm's Tanzanian comrade in the effort to cement support for the UN resolution killed while in Burundi, East Africa. He was shot down in the streets by assassins. This was no coincidence. He was killed by the same power structure that murdered Lumumba and burdened the world with Mobutu in Zaire, the same people who destabilized Nkrumah in Ghana, the same folks who brought you death squads all over Central and South America. The same folks.

But they don't have to get away with it. Keep this one alive. Talk about it. Write letters to Congress. Write the NOI and Minister Farrakhan. Ask him to open all the NOI files on the murder.

Further reading: "Conspiracies: The Plot to Kill Malcolm X," by Zak Kondo (probably the most complete book on the subject); "The Judas Factor," by Karl Evanzz; "The Assassination on Malcolm X," by Peter Goldman (includes the affidavits written by Talmadge Hayer with the names of his accomplices); Muhammad Speaks, December 1964 article by Louis Farrakhan; Emerge Magazine, March 1992 cover story on the Nation of Islam.
      Talmadge Hayer's affidavit Read his actual words on how they plotted and carried out the assassination.

Also see: "Malcolm X: the Real Story," produced by CBS News. Tony Brown's Journal, a four-part series of Malcolm X including an interview with Talmadge Hayer discussing his part in the murder and the roles of others.
      The most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.

DJ RBG is offline S1W-Insurgent

Thumbs Up/Down

Angry

From the same site:

Affidavits Sworn by Talmage Hayer (a.k.a. Thomas Hagen) Concerning His Role in the Assassination of Malcolm X

These two affidavits were excerpted from "Malcolm X, the Assassination" by Michael Friedly. There is no evidence that the authorities ever followed up on the information presented by the only known participant (Hayer was the only assassin caught at the scene) in the murder of Malcolm X.

Author's [Michael Friedly] Note:

The following affidavit was filed by Talmadge Hayer in November, 1977. He signed the original, handwritten document with the name Thomas Hagan, which was considered to be his official name in the New York State Correctional system. The document appears here exactly as written, with all spelling and grammatical errors intact.

State of New York

County of Ulster

1, Thomas Hagan, being duly sworn, dispose and says:

1) I am one of the persons indicted for the murder of Malcolm X at the Audubon Ballroom, N. York. N.Y. Feb. 21 1965.

2) That I have been sentenced to life in prison for my part in the crime.

3) That I am now incarcerated at Eastern Correctional Facility.

4) That I am writing this affidavit in the hope that it will clear my co defendants of the charges against them in this case. My co defendants are Thomas 15X Johnson and Norman 3X Butler.

That sometime in 1964 Malcolm X was said to have gone against the Leader of the Nation of Islam, the Hon. Elijah Muhammad.

By the following year Malcolm X was declared a hypocrite by the Nation of Islam.

That in the summer of 1965 1 was contacted by a Brother named Lee and another Bro. named Ben.

These brothers asked me what I thought about the situation with Mal. X? I said I thought it was very bad for anyone to go against the teachings of the Hon. Elijah, then known as the Last Messenger of God. I was told that Muslims should more or less be willing to fight against hypocrites and I agreed w/ that. There was no money payed to me for my part in this. I thought I was fighting for truth & right. There was a few meetings held concerning this. Sometimes these were held in a car driving around. Bro. Lee, Bro. Ben, a Brother named Willie X, the other Brother's name was Willbour or a name like it. From these meetings it was decided that that the only place that Mal X. was sure to be was the Audubon Ballroom on Feb. 21, 1965. Therefore the plan was to kill this person there. On Feb. 21st 1965 we met at Bens house Sunday morning. On Feb. 20th 1965 we had gone to the Ballroom to check it out.

One Sunday morning we, the above named, got in this Bro. Wilbour's car and drove to N.Y.C. We parked the car a few blocks away and two at a time drifted into the Ballroom early. Me and Bro. Lee took sets down front in the first row.

Bro. Willie and Ben sat right behind us, and Bro. Willbour took a set far in the back. It was his to throw the fire bomb & pretend that someone was picking his pocket. I used a 45 weapon. Bro. Lee had a lugar and Willie X had the shot gun. The plan was that when the shooting started people would be running all over the place & with this we could get out of the Ballroom.

So when the shotgun went off Bro. Lee & me fired our guns at Mal X. & ran for the door. I was shot in the right leg but was able to keep moving on just one leg. I was able to get down stairs by sliding down railing to the floor. I was captured right outside Ballroom by a police officer.

This affidavit is factural to the best of my knowledge. Thomas 15 Johnson and Norman 3X Butler had no thing to do with this crime whatsoever.

Thomas Hagan

Sworn to before me

this 30th day of November, 1977

William M. Kunstier

Author's Note:

This second affidavit was filed in February 1978 and goes into more detail than the original affidavit. Again, all spelling and grammatical errors have been retained. The full names and addresses of Hayer's accomplices, however, have been deleted.

State of New York

County of Ulster

1, Thomas Hagan, being duly sworn, disposes and says:

That this affidavit is an addition to my first affidavit. And that the statements made herein are more in detail and hopefully will clear up any doubt as to what took place in the killing of Malcolm X and the innocents of Norman Butler and Thomas Johnson.

It was some time in the summer of 1964 that I was approached concerning the killing of Malcolm X. The time must of been a month or so before the Hon. Elijah Muhammad spoke in New York City in 1964.

I was walking in down town Paterson when two brothers, both Muslims, was driving by in their car. I knew these men well. They asked me to get in the car. They wanted to talk to me. Both of these men knew that I had a great love, respect and admiration for the Hon. Elijah Muhammad.

They started talking about what was going on with Malcolm X and how this man was defaming the Hon. Elijah Muhammad. This was the feelings of most men in the N.O.I. at that time. . . .

I know that it was Ben who spoke to Leon first and then they spoke to me. I learned from them that word was out that Malcolm X should be killed. I can't say for I don't know who passed that word on. But I thought that Ben knew.

We soon got together with two more men. Both lived in Newark, N.J. Ones name was William X. . . . I never knew his last name.

The other man was a Bro. named Wilbur or Kinly. I don't know his full name. But we used his car on Feb. 21, 1965.

We met a few times to discuss how to carry out this killing. Some times we talked while driving around. Or at Bens or Lees house. Some times we drove around for hours.

We tryed to get as must information on the movements of Mal. X as we could.

We, the people above stated, drove out to Mal X. house one night to see what security was there. We found it heavyly guarded. We soon decided that the only place that Mal X would be was at the Ball Room where he was making speaches to the people there. In fact we attened one of these meetings to see what security was there. We learned that no one was searching at the door for weapons. This was in the winter of 1964-65.

We talked about this on the way back to Jersey. We drove back in Ben's car. We knew that the only place that Mal X was sure to be was at that Ball Room. And we decided that with a crowd there we had a good chance of getting in there and out after the move was made, the shoting that is.

We decided to visit the Ball Room the night before the killing to set this up. It was a dance that night and we came there like everyone alse, got a ticket went in and looked the place over. This was Feb. 20, 1965.

This night we used Bens car and on the way home we discussed what everyone thought. Everyone agreed that we would do this the next day Feb. 21, 1965. The next morning we would meet at Leons house and Bens to go over our plane. We decided after looking at the place that we would get there early. Drift in and take sets. Leon and me up front and left side facing stage. Ben and William right behind us. I had the 45 auto. Leon the Luger. William had the shotgun. Wilbur or Kinly had the set in the back of the place. His job was to accuse someone of picking his pocket and throw the smoke bom. This was timed to happen when Mal X started to greet the people. Almost at the same time William would fire the shotgun and Leon and I would fire our guns at Mal X. and run for the door.

On Feb. 21, 1965, we drove to N.Y.C. in Wilbur or Kinly's car, a blue Cat., about 1962 or so. We parked a few blacks from the Ball Room on a street heading for George Was. bridge. We figure that with all the people there we could make it out in the crowd.

As for the weapons I got them from a man who had them for sale I bought them from him. This person had nothing to do with the crime. I made the smoke bom that was used. 1, Thomas Hagan have written this affidavit in the hope that the information wold exonerate Thomas Johnson and Norman Butler of the crime that they did not commit. This affidavit is factual to the best of my knowledge. And I am willing to state what took place in the matter before any court of law.

Thomas Hagan

Sworn to before me Witnessed by

this 25th day of February, 1978 Nurriden Faiz
      " Fried, Baked, Grilled, Boiled Or Smoked, The Only Good Pig, Is A Dead Pig...Fuck The Holice!!!"

Insatiable is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

ZinURu is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

"The Judas Factor" by Karl Evanzz

Investigative journalist Karl Evanzz, provides the first in-depth analysis of the role the Intelligence Community played (through its counter-intelligence arm CO-INTEL-PRO) in instigating the death of Malcolm X. Based on fifteen years of research, hundreds of interviews, the examination of 300,000 pages of declassified FBI and CIA documents, The Judas Factor, uncovers evidence of a conspiracy to silence Malcolm X and the entire black nationalist movement.

Louis E. Lomax, an African-American journalist, who practically solved the riddle of the assassination, twenty five years ago, believed that Malcolm X was betrayed by a former friend [John Ali] who reportedly had ties to the intelligence community. In 1968, Lomax called the suspect "Judas." This, then, is the story of "THE JUDAS FACTOR, The PLot to Kill Malcolm X" by Karl Evanzz.

[1928]

Marcus Garvey began circulating a "Petition" that accused the United States and the nations of Europe of violating the Human Rights of Black Americans and other African peoples. Each regional leader of the UNIA was charged with getting signatures supporting Garvey's Petition, which he planned to submit to the League of Nations. In detroit, responsibility for getting signatures fell upon Earl Little, president of a Detroit-area branch of the UNIA

[1931]

[September 17] Marcus Garvey set sail for London to formally file his Petition with the League of Nations.

[1953]

[Mid-January] Hoover received word from the FBI's field office in Chicago that Malcolm X, was responsible for the rapid growth of the NOI. Something had to be done to stop him, Chicago suggested.

[1954]

[June 8th] New Temples continued to sprout wherever Malcolm traveled by mid-1954. The FBI placed him on its "COMSAB" and "DETCOM" list. "COMSAB" for "Communist Sabotage," was a list of every American considered a treat to national security in the event of a war. "DETCOM" for "Detention of Communists," a list of every American whose arrest was to be given high priority in the event of a war or national emergency.

Although the FBI had installed microphones in most of the Messenger's older Temples, the NOI was growing too fast for its surveillance methods to keep up, so the FBI decided it was time to develop a high-level informant within the NOI. It wanted someone who was close to the Messenger. The FBI wanted someone to be its "Judas Factor."

[1958]

John Ali replaced, Ernest T. 2X McGhee, as National Secretary of the NOI in Chicago Headquarters in 1958. At the Chicago headquarters, next in power to Messenger Muhammad was John Ali, the national secretary of the NOI, and Supreme Captain of the FOI Raymond Sharrieff. John Ali, had been secretary of Temple Seven and gone to Chicago on Malcolm's recommendation. Overseeing all the financial interest of the NOI, with a staff of accountants, bookkeepers, assistants, secretaries, typist, and clerks, he received and disbursed all the moneys that came into Chicago from NOI businesses and investments as well as dues, fees, and donations from the membership in all Temples. He ran the NOI bank. Official NOI letters and communications between Chicago and other Temples went through Ali's office. John Ali was in a highly sensitive and influential position.

Some followers of the Messenger believed that policies, Ali, had enacted since moving to Chicago to assume responsibilities as chief financial officer, were damaging the NOI. The whole nature of the NOI changed since 1958, when Ali replaced, Ernest T. 2X McGhee, as National Secretary. Ali's financial directives were destroying the NOI. Ali's handling of the NOI's purse strings led to his dismissal from the position in 1970, to be reinstated two years

[1960]

In a National Security Council meeting following the revocation of the Detwiler contract, Eisenhower concluded Lumumba could not be trusted and, American control of the Congo Central Bank could evaporate as the Detwiler contract, and it would be in America's best interest to remove Lumumba from power, "we will have to do whatever is necessary to get rid of him," so an assassination plot against Lumumba was authorized.

[July] Malcolm telephoned Messenger Muhammad to advise him that he wanted to invite Lumumba to a special gathering of African, Arab, and Asian leaders. The Messenger approved.

After receiving a teletype about Malcolm's conversation with Elijah regarding Lumumba's visit, FBI director Hoover, had forwarded a summarized copy of the "telephone transcript" to the State Department and the CIA.

CIA's surveillance of the NOI lay dormant until it was notified by the FBI that Malcolm was making contacts with Castro's and Lumumba's representatives in N.Y.

[September 21] The FBI visited Malcolm at the Harlem Temple to discuss what he and Castro talked about, but as usual, they learned nothing.

A CIA agent noted, while no action was necessary as a consequence of Malcolm's meeting with Castro, "it is felt the above information indicating a direct connection between the NOI and Castro is of particular interest."

[1963]

The national secretary, John Ali, was attending the rally that day, and he reported back to Chicago immediately. Three days later on December 4th, Malcolm was suspended by Mr. Muhammad for ninety days.

[1964]

[March 20 1964] William C. Sullivan, who was in charge of the high-level FBI informant, received a memo from the Settle field office, advising him that the following passage appeared in Lomax's book:

"...the finances and other administrative chores of the movement are carried out in Chicago...This decision by Muhammad was made possible because John X [Ali], a former FBI agent and perhaps the best administrative mind in the movement, was shifted from New York to Chicago."

In a second memo to Sullivan, a FBI official wrote:

It is felt that the Seattle Office should be advised concerning the true status of [John X Ali] Simmons and his alleged connection with the bureau...contact Lomax to advise him concerning the inaccurate statement contained in this book regarding Simmons..."

The memo wanted Lomax apprized of Ali's "true status" with the FBI, clearly conveying that there was indeed a relationship. The Memo didn't refer to the allegation as a lie or fabrication, or any other word indicating that it was totally untrue. The memo only stated that the allegation that he was a FBI agent was "inaccurate" or "incorrect," suggesting, that it was at least partially accurate or partially correct. Was the writer trying to suggest that Ali's status with the FBI was that of an informant instead of a full-fledged agent?

[March 24] A memo from Hoover to the New York and Settle FBI field offices is instructive on this issue:

New York should contact Lomax (unless files of that office indicate such contact should not be made) for the purpose of pointing out to him that the statement contained in his book is inaccurate.

According to Louis E. Lomax, his sources told him that Ali worked for the FBI before joining the NOI. Lomax shared a close friendship with the publisher of the "New Crusader," Balm Leavell, one of the first individuals to discover that, high-level officials, in the NOI were FBI agents or informants.

Leavell called Muhammad at his residence in Phoenix and advised him that he had information from reliable sources that at least five ministers or assistant ministers were "working for the government" and "plotting to get" him.

Dorothy Leavell his widow, suggests that the source of his information came directly from Jimmy Hoffa or someone working for him. "Balm and Hoffa were very close friends," she noted. Hoffa had numerous sources in the FBI, who were also on, the Mafia's payroll, who might have tipped him off as a favor to Leavell, who was under constant FBI harassment for publishing a column written by The Honorable Elijah Muhammad.

Lomax thought nothing of the allegations about, Ali's, FBI background since it really wasn't that unusual. A number of policemen had infiltrated the NOI, only to reveal their roles, following their conversion. In that context, Ali's past seemed of little moment.

The existence of an informant at Ali's level would explain how the FBI obtained a list giving the location of every NOI Temple in the country, including the names of every official at each Temple. The list, came from the Philadelphia Temple, of which Ali was a member at the time.

[May] Benjamin X Thomas, a lower-level official in the Newark Temple, a secretary or assistant secretary, began recruiting others into a plot to assassinate Malcolm. The first recruit into the cabal was Leon X Davis. They formed the core of the group into which they recruited Talmadge Hayer. Sometime later, Hayer, Thomas and Davis got together with William X, and Wilbur Kinley. The five continued to meet and discuss, throughout the summer and fall of 1964.

[July 2] FBI headquarters sent a memo to field offices in New York, Omaha, Philadelphia, and Chicago advising them that the Philadelphia office was requested to determine whether, John Ali, had left Philadelphia and arrived in Chicago. John Ali arrived in Chicago, where Malcolm was scheduled to appear on "Hotline," a Chicago radio program hosted by Wesley South, on station WVON, on July 2nd.

[1965]

[January 12] Several high-ranking officials from the Chicago headquarters of the NOI, including Elijah Muhammad Jr., John Ali, and Raymond Sharrieff, addressed a meeting of FOI at the Audubon Ballroom, where Malcolm frequently held his own meetings.

Elijah Muhammad Jr., did not mince his words as he addressed over five hundred top NOI security officers from around the nation, "cut the n!&&#^'s tongue out and put it in an envelope and send it to me, and I'll stamp it approved and give it to the Messenger."

[1965]

[January 24] Jack Anderson, nationally syndicated columnist, broadcasting on WINS radio, revealed why the CIA was interested in Malcolm and the and Intelligence Community might have been motivated to see him dead before the end of February. Anderson stated:

Malcolm has been secretly contacting African governments to strengthen ties between African and American Negroes. He is expected to be a star attraction at the coming Afro-Asian conference in Algiers where he will join in propaganda attacks on his own country for its racial discrimination.

Anderson revealed a secret Malcolm hadn't shared with anyone. Two weeks before Anderson's broadcast, Malcolm accepted an invitation from Ben Bella to attend the conference.

[January 25] Malcolm told two of his closest aides that he was going to Los Angeles in a few days to check on the welfare of Rosary and Williams, the two Secretaries on whose behalf Attorney Gladys Root had filed paternity suits.

[January 28] At two o'clock, Hakim Jamal, Malcolm's cousin and close friend, and Edward Bradley arrived at the L.A. Airport to wait for Malcolm. While waiting they spotted a well dressed black man, sitting in the lounge, whom Jamal thought looked familiar, but he couldn't quite place the face. Suddenly, Jamal realized he did know the man, it was John Ali, national secretary of the NOI, the Messenger's top aide.

John Ali's appearance at the terminal was ominous, since only seven people, Betty, two aides, Bradley, Jamal and the two secretaries, were supposed to know he was coming.

How, John Ali, found out was anyone's guess. Since FBI agents, in response to a June 24th recommendation from Hoover, were monitoring Malcolm's telephone calls, it is reasonable to suspect they might have notified him, or he found out from the FBI's high-level informant, who infiltrated Muhammad's inner circle, assuming they were not one and the same.

[February 19] According to Hayer, John Ali arrived in New York City and checked into the Americana Hotel.

[February 20] John Ali was seen in the evening, in the Americana hotel's restaurant with a young black man named Talmadge Hayer, a believer from the Paterson, New Jersey Temple, who had been recruited as an assassin in May, 1964.

[February 20] Hayer later went to the Audubon with, four co-conspirators to rehearse the assassination of Malcolm, and spent several hours simulating an event scheduled for the next afternoon.

[February 21] Malcolm, or somebody speaking in his name, had directed that nobody be search coming into the meeting. Malcolm had begun worrying that, talk of death and the martial aura of policemen and armed guards and body-searches were, frightening people away from his meetings. But the result was to lay him wide open to men who had been hunting him. It was almost, as if, he were delivering himself to his assassins.

[March] The "New York Times", under the headline "World Court Opens Africa Case Monday," it reported in part:

The International Court of Justice will open oral proceedings Monday in a case linking the segregation struggle of the American Negro and the fate of 430,000 African Bantus and bushmen....

This hearing was exactly the thing the Johnson administration and the Intelligence Community was determined to prevent. Had Malcolm lived until March 12th, the story would have made front-page headlines instead of a small story buried inside the newspaper, and the embarrassment to America would have created a scandal instead of a historical footnote.

Malcolm's presence at the World Court hearings on a petition he had helped to reshape might have led to the United States and South Africa being placed on equal footing.

[March] This seems to have been the Intelligence Community's MOTIVATION in seeking his silence.
      Last edited by ZinURu; 02-21-2005 at 11:47 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Damn, Alex Hailey.

Quote Originally Posted by Insatiable

Thanks for that link Insatiable. Good information there and up-to-date as well.

Runawayslave is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

I used to think it was CIA. But I've since changed my mind. Yes, they definitely had tabs on Brotha Malcolm, but he was murdered on USA soil. And no man had more juice on this soil than J. Edgar Hoover....So I blieve the FBI had a bigger part in this than we thought of at first.

No scientific proof. Just a hunch
      Use tru lite 2 c rite thru
      all the things them devils do

Thumbs Up/Down

peace.

part of the answer:

COINTELPRO.

A Good book to read: THE JUDAS FACTOR, The PLot to Kill Malcolm X
      by Karl Evanzz

peace.

Narmer the 7th Sun
      "I consider myself neither legally nor morally bound to obey the laws made by a body in which I have no representation." -H.Rap Brown-

NarMer the 7th SuN

Runawayslave is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Yes, great book. Read it a few years ago and it has never been disproven
      Use tru lite 2 c rite thru
      all the things them devils do

ZinURu is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

An Excerpt from the book THE JUDAS FACTOR, The PLot to Kill Malcolm X, by Karl Evanzz, is posted above.

Muzzamil_Diallo is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

I think the rabbit hole gets a lil deeper. With out Malcolm the cards are played both ways. First off Malcolm almost single handedly built the NOI (not to take anything from the rest of the young brothers that were out there in the bell of the beast workin), but Malcolm was put into a position of eing the dark skinned negro in the willie lynch theory. let me explain what i mean by this. There were ministers within the Nation that would run back to Elijah Muhammed like lil sambos and to make a long story short fronted Malcolm as a threat simply because he was more educated than E.M. that deff aint a secrete/ i mean he had job offers at Harvard and other schools like that and had never steped foot onto any college campus except to debate. basically if I became a member of the Nation of Islam and Malcolm was the reason I joined let alone the struggles that we faced and still face, If he decided to leave because of internal problems in the organization and what was being practiced was not real Islam, come on i would leave right along with him. so thas what I think was Elijah Muhammed's biggest fear, all his members leaving and going with Malcolm. So with out Malcolm there is no NOI. As for those Fascist P.I.G.S ( police, IMF, government, and scientist), we all know their story, they feared Malcolm not only as a man but as a Black man who had discovered real Islam and a man who had a voice that the people in the community wanted to hear. They know that African colonized people and Islam creates the kind of resistance that they recieved at the beginning of the slave trade and when the slaves reached this hell we call the Americas. A band was put on Muslim slaves once those demon planters find out that we knew what freedom was and we wasnt finta let some strange looking people inslave us. note that over 85 % of the slaves that were brought over were Muslim as documented in Allen Austins African Slaves in Antebellum America. In this book Austin provided splid evidence of this with letters written to one another by Muslim slaves in the Arabic language explaining and talking about planned revolts. there are photos of these Africans as well as photos of their letters in the book. Austin's research was sparked by Malcolm when Malcolm made a statement in one of his speeches about our anscetors being Muslim, so Austin came up with over 800 pages of documents. back to the topic so it is clear to see that the government did not want Black people to get in touch with our pass so to speak, so they had to assasinate him, they bein J Edgar Hoover, CIA and the rest of those PIGS. Black people were kept from making that connection with our Elders or Ancestors. black muslims outside of the NOI ment resistance to the white power structure just as it did when that bann was put on our ancestors. not to knock any other religeon i do recognize Nat Turner lol, but that was the reality of the situation. which brings up another important issue: What needs to be done inorder to get every community in the inner-city to focus on the same goal? and not have every body with different objectives and aims it dichotimises the people. Thas just my opinion bout tha whole situation. In the words of Fred Hampton " You can kill a revolutionary, but you can't kill a revolution", turn ya tv's off and get in the streets comrades its goin down ya dig. this Muzzamil aka Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin signin off Salaam Alaikum.

BlkSpartacus is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

The truth is if you cross or branch of from any organization and decide to do your own thing whether its a street organization,political or religious best believe theirs going to be repercussions. Repercussions can be a simple thing like slander or something major like death. R.I.P to Dr Khalid MUhammad but when he left the N.O.I someone wanted him dead.
      "You think if there really is a God, he would agree with the man that shot Joanne Chesimard(F*** Naw) You listen what I learn to tell, I got a prophecy them crackers that framed Herman Bell gonna burn in Hell.". Saigon

Baba Ahmed is offline Honorable Ancestor

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

Muzzamil Diallo - u need to check yourself. Your reasoning is flawed in the extreme. This thread's topic is about who really murdered Malcolm. It may have been more aptly titled who all had a hand in it. One brutha 'fess to his part and implicated others.

Ina sense its a moot question; simply because so many different alphabet reps are implicated, inside and outside of the then NOI.

Why do u sign off Muzzamil aka Jamil 'Abdullah al Amin????
      Free Dome Zone

http://www.oneblackearth.com
      http://oneblackearth.tripod.com
      ==========================

PayPal ready.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information