Forgot your password?

Majadi is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0

Dr. Chancellor Williams

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Dr. Chancellor Williams in my opinion is one of the most prolific and brilliant writers I have had the oppurtunity to read from. It is my sincere heartfelt belief that this man should be deified, unfortunately I did not have the ability to meet him. As my fortune would have it he made transition, the same year my daughter was born. He ironically lived in a Washington, DC nursing home the last few years of his life, I moved to DC months after my Daughter's birth! A friend of mine gave me a cassette tape of Dr. Williams giving a rare lecture, which I still have, of course I have no means of listening to it! I have pretty much worn the darn thing out! He was brilliant, absolute genius, yet his intellect was so common sensical it blows my little brown head up. I have my Holy Council of Afrikan Warrior/Genius, Dr. John Henrik Clark, Queen Mother Moore, Dr. Charsee McIntyre and Dr. Chancellor Williams! These are a few of that council, Dr. Williams' book I read at 19 or 20 years of age. Had I known then what I do now I would have travelled to D.C. to sit at his feet and learn, just listen and learn. Our elders are so crucial, yet we ignore them, I don't know why Dr. Williams was in the home, but this is a shame.

We also ignore the actual plan that Dr. Williams has in the back of The Destruction of Black Civilization! I have asked why no one has put this plan into play! My mother would say to that question, "Well, fool when are you going to do it?" I have decided to read the plan again and get some brave souls to read it as well and begin to initiate, even at failure I would have done more than what has been done!

At any rate now that I have ranted and poured my little black heart out, here is in a few words is the mind of Dr. Chancellor Williams.

Dr. Chancellor James Williams-By Runoko Rashidi

(1898-1992)

Of the recent towering figures in the struggle to completely eradicate the pervasive racial myths clinging to the origins of Nile Valley Civilization, few scholars have had the impact of Dr. Chancellor James Williams (1898-1992). Chancellor Williams, the youngest of five children, was born in Bennetsville, South Carolina December 22, 1898. His father had been a slave; his mother a cook, nurse, and evangelist. A stirring writer, Chancellor Williams achieved wide acclaim as the author of the 1971 publication, The Destruction of Black Civilization--Great Issues of a Race from 4500 B.C. to 2000 A.D.
      Totally uncompromising, highly controversial, broadly sweeping in its range and immensely powerful in its scope, there have been few books published during the past half-century focusing on the African presence in antiquity that have so profoundly affected the consciousness of African people in search of their historical identity. Dr. John Henrik Clarke, now an ancestor and a contemporary of Dr. Williams and one of our most outstanding scholars, described The Destruction of Black Civilization as "a foundation and new approach to the history of our race." In The Destruction of Black Civilization Chancellor Williams successfully "shifted the main focus from the history of Arabs and Europeans in Africa to the Africans themselves--a history of the Blacks that is a history of Blacks."
      The career of Chancellor Williams was spacious and varied; university professor, novelist, and author-historian. He was the father of fourteen children. Blind and in poor health, the last years of Dr. Williams' life were spent in a nursing home in Washington, D.C. His contributions to the reconstruction of African civilization, however, stand as monuments and beacons reflecting the past, present and future of African people.

"Africans and persons of African descent must assume the primary responsibility and leadership in historical research....if we are to continue to leave practically all important historical research and writing concerning the black race to the white man, then we must be prepared to accept, uncomplainingly, the white man's point of view."
      --Chancellor Williams

BlackQueen is offline Pan-Afrikan Nationalist

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I have both of his books,The Destruction of Black Civilization and The Rebirth of African Civilization. His books told the truth that our people need to know about our illustrious and immortal history. These books are in my favorite book list,along with Blueprint for Black Power and Afrikan-Centered Consciousness Versus The New World Order: Garveyism in the Age of Globalism by Amos N.Wilson.
      Quote Originally Posted by Majadi View Post
      Dr. Chancellor Williams in my opinion is one of the most prolific and brilliant writers I have had the oppurtunity to read from. It is my sincere heartfelt belief that this man should be deified, unfortunately I did not have the ability to meet him. As my fortune would have it he made transition, the same year my daughter was born. He ironically lived in a Washington, DC nursing home the last few years of his life, I moved to DC months after my Daughter's birth! A friend of mine gave me a cassette tape of Dr. Williams giving a rare lecture, which I still have, of course I have no means of listening to it! I have pretty much worn the darn thing out! He was brilliant, absolute genius, yet his intellect was so common sensical it blows my little brown head up. I have my Holy Council of Afrikan Warrior/Genius, Dr. John Henrik Clark, Queen Mother Moore, Dr. Charsee McIntyre and Dr. Chancellor Williams! These are a few of that council, Dr. Williams' book I read at 19 or 20 years of age. Had I known then what I do now I would have travelled to D.C. to sit at his feet and learn, just listen and learn. Our elders are so crucial, yet we ignore them, I don't know why Dr. Williams was in the home, but this is a shame.

We also ignore the actual plan that Dr. Williams has in the back of The Destruction of Black Civilization! I have asked why no one has put this plan into play! My mother would say to that question, "Well, fool when are you going to do it?" I have decided to read the plan again and get some brave souls to read it as well and begin to initiate, even at failure I would have done more than what has been done!

At any rate now that I have ranted and poured my little black heart out, here is in a few words is the mind of Dr. Chancellor Williams.

Dr. Chancellor James Williams-By Runoko Rashidi

(1898-1992)

Of the recent towering figures in the struggle to completely eradicate the pervasive racial myths clinging to the origins of Nile Valley Civilization, few scholars have had the impact of Dr. Chancellor James Williams (1898-1992). Chancellor Williams, the youngest of five children, was born in Bennetsville, South Carolina December 22, 1898. His father had been a slave; his mother a cook, nurse, and evangelist. A stirring writer, Chancellor Williams achieved wide acclaim as the author of the 1971 publication, The Destruction of Black Civilization--Great Issues of a Race from 4500 B.C. to 2000 A.D.
      Totally uncompromising, highly controversial, broadly sweeping in its range and immensely powerful in its scope, there have been few books published during the past half-century focusing on the African presence in antiquity that have so profoundly affected the consciousness of African people in search of their historical identity. Dr. John Henrik Clarke, now an ancestor and a contemporary of Dr. Williams and one of our most outstanding scholars, described The Destruction of Black Civilization as "a foundation and new approach to the history of our race." In The Destruction of Black Civilization Chancellor Williams successfully "shifted the main focus from the history of Arabs and Europeans in Africa to the Africans themselves--a history of the Blacks that is a history of Blacks."
      The career of Chancellor Williams was spacious and varied; university professor, novelist, and author-historian. He was the father of fourteen children. Blind and in poor health, the last years of Dr. Williams' life were spent in a nursing home in Washington, D.C. His contributions to the reconstruction of African civilization, however, stand as monuments and beacons reflecting the past, present and future of African people.

"Africans and persons of African descent must assume the primary responsibility and leadership in historical research....if we are to continue to leave practically all important historical research and writing concerning the black race to the white man, then we must be prepared to accept, uncomplainingly, the white man's point of view."
      --Chancellor Williams
      All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishment of an African Empire—so strong and powerful, as to compel the respect of mankind, but we in our life-time can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility within another generation.-Marcus Garvey

Thread Information