Job Listing 08-02
Operations and Finance Director
The Operations and Finance Director oversees the operation of all facilities
owned and operated by The Arts Partnership, primarily the Chapman Cultural
Center. This position also oversees all financial operations of The Arts
Partnership, including budget development and monitoring for all
organizational areas. This position is a senior level staff position that
works with the President and other staff leaders to achieve the success of
organizational goals of The Arts Partnership. This position is a full time,
exempt position and reports to the President and Chief Operating Officer.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
· Oversee overall operation of the Chapman Cultural Center facility
· Prepare, implement and monitor the annual facilities budget for The
· Oversee implementation of Chapman Center facility policies
· Communicate effectively with resident agencies regarding facility
policies and operational issues
· Negotiate and monitor all contracts related to facility operations
· Plan, direct, and manage these outsourced areas of operations:
Janitorial, Maintenance, Security, and Information Technology
· Direct the work of the following positions: Operations Manager,
Theatre Manager (future), Technical Director
· Working with the President, manage the operating budget for The Arts
Partnership, including annual budget development, approval, implementation,
· Responsible for overseeing Financial Edge software design and
· Direct the work of the Financial Manager
* Bachelors degree, preferably in Arts Administration or related field and
3-5 years non-profit experience in an arts-related field (or comparable
equivalent of education and experience). Experience in facilities management
and/or finances in for-profit field also welcomed.
* Knowledge of facility management and operations; three or more years of
experience in facilities management preferred
* Excellent communication skills including written, oral, and technology
* Ability to work in a team setting.
* Ability to work with a variety of non-profit agency leaders and volunteers
to achieve optimal facility operations.
* Very strong organizational skills combined with the ability to multi-task.
* Proven ability to develop and manage budgets and financial management
* Ability to motivate and supervise staff and volunteers.
* Knowledgeable in information technologies as it relates to facilities
management overall operations.
Salary: competitive and commensurate with experience
Health and retirement benefits, and a beautiful new working environment!
Please submit cover letter, resumé and at least three references by January
25, 2008, to
H. Perry Mixter
President and Chief Operating Officer
The Arts Partnership of Greater Spartanburg
200 East St. John Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306
Or by email to