• Keeps it stupid.

29 33.72%
    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boondocks

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      people ya'll r looking at this show from the viewers mindset.

The show is very subliminal.

if a child looks at it and thinks its ok to date a hooker than the child is stupid and that is a fault of faulty parenting.

someone broke it down clearly the show represents the black evolution through out the years.

old school

new school

and

socially aware

it pokes fun at all and anything that blacks do.

like the r.kelly episode. huey delivered a stern statement what did the people do? they ignored him and started dancing again.

in the beginning of that episode the protesters were cornell west, dick gregory and i didnt catch the last and the opponents were the evils of the race: a loud ignorant black woman who was fat eating fried chicken, a black man looking a fool who gets run over by said loud black woman and a mass of ignorant fools following.

in episode one huey was in the window doing a malcolm x pose with the gun.

in the same episode uncle ruckus sang his song which was funny but also warned us as a race don't trust blacks who choose to smile in ya face just to get ahead cuz they dont know struggle.

yes uncle ruckus is a sellout but their r blacks like him(clarence thomas, jesse lee patterson, larry elder etc)

in the episode with with the catching the real x-box killer the 2 white boys represent the us government now. the absence of evidence doesnt mean the evidence is absent. remmy said that very statement.

they took a break from catch the real killer to go rob an arab workplace to kill an arab, they even convinced a officer there was a gun where there was none. the only voice of reason were the black kids.

sound familiar?

in the most recent episode, it showed how blacks try to get over the silly ones and they fail to succeed. b/c in their bravado they mess up somewhere.

the santa episode was about sticking to your guns so much u convince others to follow u even if u stand alone b/c someone will follow u if u have convictions.

instead of looking at this show at face value look deeper. the secret in the black community is out and has been exploited by yt's daily, hourly.

the light is harsh but it needed for us to see.

there is a message behind every episode behind the comedy and over the top characters there is a message we must heed. but first we must be open minded enough to look for it. if u came in watching this as just a cartoon u will never see it.

this show represents the backpacker generation, real, gully, innovative and take no prisoners.

hate the show if u must but please dont attack it like it doesnt have a message. because clearly it does.

godisblack3 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Thank U, Myndrevolver; I Am Sooo Glad U Posted That.....everybody Who Is Not Feeling This Cartoon Needs To Absorb What U Just Dropped. Meditate People....think Outside The Box....step Outside Of The Microcosm Into The Depths Of The Macrocosm.

Thumbs Up/Down

You may you think you are thinking outside the box, but just finding yourself in a larger one.

This show does not represent the quality and genius of the BoonDocks comic strip. As i said earlier it is to me a new path with old characters. The comicstrip suceeded without using the words niggas and bitches and that's my main complaint.

This show should be called Coondocks.
      "I come with my heart bearing truth, and there are no lies in it..."

Thumbs Up/Down

Well for one the newspaper strips wouldnt allow the n-word to be put into print.
      the newspapers dropped boondocks several times b/c of his take no prisoners style.

the show is how the boondocks would have been if he was allowed to write it fully.

mr. mcgruder has said that himself.

plus adultswim lets creators go crazy b/c they truthfully dont care.

if u wanna call something coonish call the strip coonish b/c he had to cut back his style so it could be printed so he bowed to the yt man which honestly is bs. he got his product out there now he got this show.

it frustrates me that ppl r so against the show b/c of the n-word when the n-word is used alot in the inner city and by white kids who want to act black.

he is being very real in that. the characters that used the n-word on the show r characters u'd find in the world in the hood today in the schools etc.

thats the same argument folks r using that he shouldnt share the dirty laundry of the race when the laundry has been out for a long time.

this race has become far too secretive of open secrets yet for to open with bs no one cares about. we can find the spot to get a hook up from a pro-black brother or sister but when it comes to the evils of the race keep it in house b/c we dont want the world to know what they already know?

makes zero sense.

theres even a website of ppl who r against the boondocks and that is simply pathetic.

just b/c its in animated form doesnt mean it is anyless important and it has any less of a message.

so yes the show is outside the box just as showtime's sleeper cell was outside the box if something challenges the morals/views of people for good or bad it is outside the box.

not everything needs to be kept in a neat little system or blatantly in your face to be effective. sometimes a simple delivery is more complex than the most complex delivery.

the saying goes if u wanna hide something from black folks put in a book but i feel if u wanna blind some black folks put it in front of their faces since they wont be looking beyond what they see.

godisblack3 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by MyndRevolverBaron
      Well for one the newspaper strips wouldnt allow the n-word to be put into print.
      the newspapers dropped boondocks several times b/c of his take no prisoners style.

the show is how the boondocks would have been if he was allowed to write it fully.

mr. mcgruder has said that himself.

plus adultswim lets creators go crazy b/c they truthfully dont care.

if u wanna call something coonish call the strip coonish b/c he had to cut back his style so it could be printed so he bowed to the yt man which honestly is bs. he got his product out there now he got this show.

it frustrates me that ppl r so against the show b/c of the n-word when the n-word is used alot in the inner city and by white kids who want to act black.

he is being very real in that. the characters that used the n-word on the show r characters u'd find in the world in the hood today in the schools etc.

thats the same argument folks r using that he shouldnt share the dirty laundry of the race when the laundry has been out for a long time.

this race has become far too secretive of open secrets yet for to open with bs no one cares about. we can find the spot to get a hook up from a pro-black brother or sister but when it comes to the evils of the race keep it in house b/c we dont want the world to know what they already know?

makes zero sense.

theres even a website of ppl who r against the boondocks and that is simply pathetic.

just b/c its in animated form doesnt mean it is anyless important and it has any less of a message.

so yes the show is outside the box just as showtime's sleeper cell was outside the box if something challenges the morals/views of people for good or bad it is outside the box.

not everything needs to be kept in a neat little system or blatantly in your face to be effective. sometimes a simple delivery is more complex than the most complex delivery.

the saying goes if u wanna hide something from black folks put in a book but i feel if u wanna blind some black folks put it in front of their faces since they wont be looking beyond what they see.
      Thank u, again, MyndRevolver.....We think so much alike we must be Mentally TWINS,LOL...Guerilla Black , U need to ME-DI-TATE on what MyndRevolution is dropping,or are u too NAIVE to have an OPEN MIND?

Thumbs Up/Down

Brother don't call me naive because I can't support the use of the word Nigga. We as Afrikans must be careful of what we support and promote. You say the show is very subliminal but the messages you listed were not subliminal at all. You all want to say it's true to life this and true to life that, that's why they use nigga, kids use it. I don't use it! Wasn't used in my house and alot of my friends houses, especially around their elders. So don't give me that. We as afrikans must always respect the legacy of our elders and buy refering to ourselves as niggas is not the way.

Words, actions, morals,etc are learned through observation and hearing, especially repetition. How do you think you learn songs to a cd? Through repetition. We must be careful of what we allow on the airwaves and other sources of media, just because we think the show has a good message.

Let me break this to you. You are suping this show up. Seriously. Minus, the niggas and bitches its a good show. Not revolutionary, not gully, not groundbreaking, not eye opening. It's a good show. You are suping this show up either because of the brand Boondocks, or its black cast.

Who cares what mcgruder says, he can be lying his ass off. Mad rappers claim to freestyle whole albums you believe them? Mad rappers said they were former big drug dealers or gang bangers you believe them? Can't believe everything out someone's mouth about their lives or product. They are trying to avoid scutiny.
      "I come with my heart bearing truth, and there are no lies in it..."

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Guerilla Black
      Brother don't call me naive because I can't support the use of the word Nigga. We as Afrikans must be careful of what we support and promote. You say the show is very subliminal but the messages you listed were not subliminal at all. You all want to say it's true to life this and true to life that, that's why they use nigga, kids use it. I don't use it! Wasn't used in my house and alot of my friends houses, especially around their elders. So don't give me that. We as afrikans must always respect the legacy of our elders and buy refering to ourselves as niggas is not the way.

Words, actions, morals,etc are learned through observation and hearing, especially repetition. How do you think you learn songs to a cd? Through repetition. We must be careful of what we allow on the airwaves and other sources of media, just because we think the show has a good message.

Let me break this to you. You are suping this show up. Seriously. Minus, the niggas and bitches its a good show. Not revolutionary, not gully, not groundbreaking, not eye opening. It's a good show. You are suping this show up either because of the brand Boondocks, or its black cast.

Who cares what mcgruder says, he can be lying his ass off. Mad rappers claim to freestyle whole albums you believe them? Mad rappers said they were former big drug dealers or gang bangers you believe them? Can't believe everything out someone's mouth about their lives or product. They are trying to avoid scutiny.
      seems like u just want to hate this show purely b/c of how it presents how people actually act and speak.

your family and everyone elses family is different just b/c the n-word wasnt used in your family doesnt mean it wasnt used for anyone else. it was never used in my home. i first heard it used in college since i wasnt a big fan of rap i must have missed it there but in college it was usually cats saying "my n-word". i dont use the word but i know ppl who do and use it often. daily. hourly...etc.

those r the people mr. mcgruder is reaching for. those r the people who dig the boondocks. your dislike of it b/c the strip was different has been explained and u still refuse to believe what the creator of the strip/show says.

i'm a lover of the cosby show to this day it will go down as the best show on tv along with a different world but times have changed and a different medium is needed to reach people. rap/movies have poisoned the mind of the youth so much so that only that same poison in the form of a shot with a dilluted form will reach them. its like a flu shot.

it would be nice that the n-word wasnt used but it is.

its like baggy pants started in jail so now when inmates get out they wear baggy pants and ppl emulate.

its the culture.

can it be changed? yes eventually but 1st we must reach those minds that can change.

there is a message in each and every episode of the boondocks. u dont see it thats cool u wont allow yourself to see for whatever reason.

but there r ppl my age n younger who do(I'm 24 btw) who were raised in this money,cash,hoes world...who caught on to boondocks b.c of the strip and who love the show b/c it is uncensored and real to our situation.

while its remarkable that no one around u uses the word around me they use it plenty n that is what they r catching on to with the show. and it makes them think.

i dont care how people r freed mentally and educated as long as they r.

this show is another means of reaching ppl rather than talking down to the ppl or trying to show them up mr.mcgruder is speaking to them as people and showing them the foolishness of their ways.

i respect that.

and as for the rappers lying. yes they do lie thats y its called corporate rap.

mr. mcgruder has no reason to lie black ppl already hate him cuz they feel he is airing the laundry and b/c he is selling out the race.

it would be a lie if he made the show like the cosby show with pc scripts and all sorts of warm happy feelings and i love u's all over the place.

he isnt.

Thumbs Up/Down

also how much scrutiny is he avoiding by telling the truth n putting out the product how he wanted?

Thumbs Up/Down

i saw sundays episode last nite on adultswim.com. it was mr mcgruder calling EVERYONE out. if anyone hates this show after sunday's broadcast you have hate in your blood for no good reason. this was the deepest episode ever.
      also boondocks has a movie coming out too.

ITS THE BEST SHOW OUT.

Thumbs Up/Down

Short and to the point...

Aaron is a sell-out and his show is a fukkin coon show!!
      If i have to degrade Afrikan children and elders to get my point across, then shoot me in the head immediatley!!

Uhuru!!

Thumbs Up/Down

degrade children and elders?

do u see how children and elders r degrading themselves nowadays?

how would u prefer the message of change needed to be shown?

a few marches that people will either ignore or forget?

a few books that only a few ppl read?

the fact that you call the man a sellout for going at the evils of this race "the n!ggas" while trying to fire up the beauty of this race, the black people, is just sad....

you r far too militant and missing the view from out the box. conventional mass propaganda messages no longer work with the youth unless its a rap song.

this episode was genius, Dr. King would be offended and he is right this race is plagued by ignorant "n!ggas" and the marketing of blackness to sell and to show fake racial sensitivity is out of hand.

Did u miss the sean hanity character?

u do kno there r n!ggas like uncle ruckus right?

u do kno there r youth who act just like riley right?

instead of embracing the message folks like would rather play the games that have further destroyed this race.

one of my former professors was with malcolm x right b4 he died and this man is a self made millionaire, he doesnt even watch tv but i put him on to the boondocks and he called me after last nite's episode speechless. Because it was so on point. If you can't see the people this show mocked in this episode then you are truly blind.

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

The Boondocks f****** sucks.

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Maaaaaaaaaaaan Listen! I don't care what any of you say...the most recent episode of the Boondocks was a beautiful thing! I don't understand how any of you militant, revolutionary, freedom loving, BET hating, brothers and sisters in here can hate AT LEAST this last episode. I just don't get it. If you have not seen this episode (The MLK Episode) Please...at least check it out. If you have problems with the word nigga, with the disrespect of elders, or whatever your gripe is, please put that aside long enough to watch just that episode.

I'm getting the feeling that those of you who hate this show just aren't willing to get past the fact that he uses the word nigga in plain dialogue in this show. And TELL me you haven't seen little Rileys in every major city! As far as disrespecting elders, don't get mad at Aaron, just try to understand what he's doing. The show is not a watered down version of the comic strip. The show is the way the strip should have been. For fans of the strip, realize that every episode was not political...some were just simple comedy (Name one of Ceasar's political yo momma jokes!). He has comedic episodes with a social undertone, as well as episodes such as the MLK episode which was put right out in front of you. Simply put...GENIUS!
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Kefentse_Bandele
      Aaron is a sell-out and his show is a fukkin coon show!!
      If i have to degrade Afrikan children and elders to get my point across, then shoot me in the head immediatley!!

Uhuru!!
      You're saying that Amerikkkan inner cities aren't filled with real life versions of Grandad and Riley???? Com'on...don't play yourself!
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

Thumbs Up/Down

I dont understand the hatred of this show. base angry replies with no backing up why....

This show F******* sucks! is all you could say?

y does it suck?

does it offend you that just b/c its animated it actually represents how folks in the inner cities act.

B/c he brought MLK back?

B/c of the word Nigga?

Seems like those who hate the show and claim its counter revolutionary dont really know how to lead a revolution in this day and age.

The old school way of teaching doesnt work. You require a new way to get the message out.

but enough I've defended this show and will continue to do so.

The light is harsh but its needed to see the truth.

but sadly some r too blind to see that.

Some feel this show is a problem. MLK, Garvey,Shakur,Dubois etc were all considered Problems so if being a problem gets the message through then I have no problem with it pissing off a few too stuck in their ways people.

Once again, best show on tv.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information