29 33.72%
    Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boondocks

Sha Mecca is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      the only complaint I really hear from people is the excessive use of the word Nigga...which doesn't bother me at all because I use that word. It's whatever. My only gripe is that they use the same voice for riley and huey. Regina King should have only did Riley's voice.

Nsalu Vita::Remedy For War
      Feb 8, 1959 - Jan 14, 2001

XXPANTHAXX is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 29/0
      Given: 142/1

Thumbs down

As Baba Kwame Ture has stated and I agree " Television is the enemy, many of us sleep with the enemy in our bedroom, in our kitchen, in our living rooms and want to take the enemy with us every where we go" -Kwame Ture

I totally agree with this statement, the technology is used to re-enforce white supremacy, so what if there is a "token program" or two on tell-lie-vision we are at war for our very survival as a People, yet some of us want to print, pass out and endorse the enemys propaganda in the name of entertainment, although I must admit I havent seen this "program" and have no desire to do so, for the enemy in the form of tell-lie-vision is rarely used in my home.

ps The Revolution Wont Be Televised -Gil Scott-Heron
      Nov 2, 2015 "Assata Shakur Liberation Day" marks 36 yrs of freedom for our Comrade Assata Shakur, Our Warrior was liberated from a NJ prison by Comrades In The Black Liberation Army click here to read more or here www.assatashakur.com

Thumbs Up/Down

*throws tv from window*

Thumbs Up/Down

ok, u have never seen the show but b/c it came from tv its white lies being spread?

so when cspan shows "The State of the black family" or cbs shows a dick gregory special those are spreading white lies?

you've fallen into the falsehood that the haters of this show are spreading.

but u have never seen the show but its spreading white lies according to you...

just wow to that belief.

XXPANTHAXX is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 29/0
      Given: 142/1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MyndRevolverBaron
      ok, u have never seen the show but b/c it came from tv its white lies being spread?

so when cspan shows "The State of the black family" or cbs shows a dick gregory special those are spreading white lies?

you've fallen into the falsehood that the haters of this show are spreading.

but u have never seen the show but its spreading white lies according to you...

just wow to that belief.
      Tokenism doesnt erase the retardation tell-lie-vision "programming" instills in our People!
      Nov 2, 2015 "Assata Shakur Liberation Day" marks 36 yrs of freedom for our Comrade Assata Shakur, Our Warrior was liberated from a NJ prison by Comrades In The Black Liberation Army click here to read more or here www.assatashakur.com

Thumbs Up/Down

food 4 thought young lion...

degrade children and elders?

do u see how children and elders r degrading themselves nowadays?

how would u prefer the message of change needed to be shown?

a few marches that people will either ignore or forget?

a few books that only a few ppl read?

the fact that you call the man a sellout for going at the evils of this race "the n!ggas" while trying to fire up the beauty of this race, the black people, is just sad....

you r far too militant and missing the view from out the box. conventional mass propaganda messages no longer work with the youth unless its a rap song.

this episode was genius, Dr. King would be offended and he is right this race is plagued by ignorant "n!ggas" and the marketing of blackness to sell and to show fake racial sensitivity is out of hand.

Did u miss the sean hanity character?

u do kno there r n!ggas like uncle ruckus right?

u do kno there r youth who act just like riley right?

instead of embracing the message folks like would rather play the games that have further destroyed this race.

one of my former professors was with malcolm x right b4 he died and this man is a self made millionaire, he doesnt even watch tv but i put him on to the boondocks and he called me after last nite's episode speechless. Because it was so on point. If you can't see the people this show mocked in this episode then you are truly blind.
      First and foremost young Afrikan, learn to respect your elders opinion when addressin' them! Too militant? In the year 2006 with events happening to Afrikan people around the world, leaving ourselves in dire straights, state police officers in this city murdering Afrikan men at wholesale? And you say i'm too militant? Aaron is a sellout! Just because you like this coon show don't use other real life scenarios to justify it. This aint the hood brutha, this is T.V. and Aaron dont run the network so he gotta please the sponsor's...NOT YOU!! And the sponsor's don't put out information to assist Afrikan people in liberation. Yes I see children and elders degrading themselves nowadays, but like I said, this is a cartoon. We need to (as Baba Abiodun of the Last Poets said) stop dwelling in the gutters and piss filled hallways of our lives! If Aaron was as conscoius and creative as you "try" to make him out to be, why then is the response so overwhelming from other Afrikans on this board? If Aaron cant get his point across as he did in the paper articles which were genuis at best, then he needs to find anutha way to assist the efforts of his people. This show is a flat out disgrace!! No matter how you or that "professor" see's it young lion!

Are they "TOO MILITANT" also?
      I wonder if Mama Assata is considered "Too Militant?"

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

I dont understand the hatred of this show. base angry replies with no backing up why....
      That's funny because I understand exactly why people love the show. Go figure. And "my" responce was not out of "anger." If I was angry, I would be like "f*** everybody who says they like this show"...THAT would be anger coming from me...but I don't feel that way. If you like the show, you like it. You are entitled to your opinion. But I am DEFINITELY emphasizing the fact that I dislike the show.

y does it suck?
      I find the show aesthetically unappealing.

This show F******* sucks! is all you could say?
      No. That's all I choose to say.

Thumbs Up/Down

xxPanthaxx so then this forum is pointless no?

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Kefentse_Bandele
      First and foremost young Afrikan, learn to respect your elders opinion when addressin' them! Too militant? In the year 2006 with events happening to Afrikan people around the world, leaving ourselves in dire straights, state police officers in this city murdering Afrikan men at wholesale? And you say i'm too militant? Aaron is a sellout! Just because you like this coon show don't use other real life scenarios to justify it. This aint the hood brutha, this is T.V. and Aaron dont run the network so he gotta please the sponsor's...NOT YOU!! And the sponsor's don't put out information to assist Afrikan people in liberation. Yes I see children and elders degrading themselves nowadays, but like I said, this is a cartoon. We need to (as Baba Abiodun of the Last Poets said) stop dwelling in the gutters and piss filled hallways of our lives! If Aaron was as conscoius and creative as you "try" to make him out to be, why then is the response so overwhelming from other Afrikans on this board? If Aaron cant get his point across as he did in the paper articles which were genuis at best, then he needs to find anutha way to assist the efforts of his people. This show is a flat out disgrace!! No matter how you or that "professor" see's it young lion!

Are they "TOO MILITANT" also?
      I wonder if Mama Assata is considered "Too Militant?"

1st, dont speak down to me due to my age. Age is not code for wise. Do not dare put "!" in speaking to me to force me respect an incorrect opinion. I do not respect the opinion of fools who need to make their point by raising their voice in order to be heard, that is something my professor(on that do not speak from ignorance and put his title in quotes b/c you disagree. only fools attempt to show up someone they do not know even if the person is mentioned) taught in our class that is something I learned from speaking to brother henrik-clark, and that is something I learned from other elders, do not perceive your age as an advantage nor your "!" something to cause me to value your never seen the show opinion of ignorance either.

2nd, you speak from an ignorant point of view. You HAVE NEVER seen this show yet you attack it because other's do. What opinion in that should be respected? Because its a "cartoon"? How can you deadpan the media used in which a positive message to those who need to hear it b/c of how its presented. This isnt yugio or looney toons or anything of that nature. But for someone who has never seen this show or seemingly watched this show you lack the capacity to even question it.

You also said this ain't the hood. Well who do you think the show is targeting? Surely not you but those who attack as the ignorant masses on this show attack. This is the internet but this show speaks about how folks in the hood, some at least attack. I come from that environment. South Jamaica Queens to be exact so do not speak about the "hood" since you seem ignorant to its highs and lows and so you are clearly unprepared to deliver the message of how to spread freedom/the movement/ the revolution to it.

Aaron McGruder has gotten this show from a strip to a show and increased his audience, while making an enemy of those of you who would attack him b/c he uses the world "nigga" when the word is used far too often in thre streets by people of all ages and if you don't believe me go to colfax street in queens village and see what I mean, walk down jamaica avenue or flatbush. The people OUT THERE are the people McGruder is targeting. Not you so called elders who can not seemingly flesh out your arguments except to you cliched statements and quotes and speaking from a position of fear of the white enemy so much so you attack a black brother who is trying to free the people his way in a way HIS GENERATION will understand.

The secret is out about the ills of the black race in america, thats y it has been exploited by the real enemy the white forces to hold this race down. They enemy expects the message to be delivered by spoken word by print media by marches thats y it is so difficult to get papers to do any such thing. As the Nation of Islam how hard whenever the want to put an a million something march it is to get those papers. The enemy has dumbed down television and doesnt expect anything meaningful to come of it so he has turned a blind eye to it. And are those in our community who are living wrong doing? WATCHING TELEVISION. so in the midst of their watching mayhaps they will see/hear the message. Its subliminal altho last nites episode was quite in your face. But for some of you, you speak out of fear of some great secret being let out. You speak from the perspective of the past and while the past is amazing there is a quote that goes "Those who do not study the past are doomed to repeat it" For all your quotes and speaking of elders do you truly think those elders would ever reject knowledge simply because of the form it is conveyed? Because of who it is targeted to? By who it is delivered from?

The revolution will not come from TV but the seed of the tree can be laid in TV or in music since the seed from the books has not spread far enough and the seed of the words has not been heard far enough. The seeds must be spread somehow and for this generation it is through visual media and audio media. Even in clothing to some extent.

As for the person who said the look of the show wasnt interesting. Thats sad. Perhaps you'd prefer squiggly lines? Its anime not amerikkkan but asian and if you read the word of the kushites it is derived from a style they developed and spread to asia when their was a black ruler of that land.

And "This show f******* sucks" is kind of pointless since you have nothing to back it up with but a low capacity to explain.

This is why the race has lost itself the biggest enemy of this race is being ignored but spoken of heavily but the enemy we should most be worried about is within our own race. Malcolm was killed because he was turned on by blacks who feared his message, MLK was killed b/c blacks and whites feared his message, many a black leader has been killed b/c another black or blacks feared the message and chose to side with the real enemy knowingly or unknowingly to silence a voice b/c of the manner in which that voice delivered the message.

The biggest threat to this race is this race itself. And that is so sad to realize.

My elders are not your elders and I am glad for that since it seems they taught you incorrectly or failed to keep your attention so you decided to take what you could from their lessons and erase the rest of the lesson.
      My elders taught me not to back down from anyone so "!" all you want or shake your fist at the screen or write me back attempting to speak down to me or continue from an ignorant point of view on this show. Its your loss but when the revolution does come you will be left out because you won't know its coming b/c some part of the call was televised and you will be too out of the loop b/c you chose to stay in this angry militant mindset.

As for the last statement is Assata too militant. No but in reading from things about her and from her and briefly hearing from a letter she wrote my professor that he read in class. She would not approve from blind ignorant rejection of something b/c of how it is delivered or the method it is shown.

Perhaps some of you need to speak to your elders again and perhaps take a tour of the hood on a daily basis maybe then you'll see the truth needs to be delivered and the method of its delivery is unimportant.

Thumbs Up/Down

yall just dont listen...

Quote Originally Posted by AfroNinpo
      You're saying that Amerikkkan inner cities aren't filled with real life versions of Grandad and Riley???? Com'on...don't play yourself!
      i never said it didnt depict reality. i question whos reality it depicts and i question your definiton of reality. Just because something exist does not mean thats the way it is or how its supposed to be. Aaron shows no remedies to the ills that affect Afrikan people. Instead he chooses to dwell as i said earlier, in the gutters and pissed filled halways of ourlives. If the boondocks represents whats real...then i live in a fantasy world! And i live in the jeffries projects of Detroit. If that aint hood..then there is no hood!!

Uhuru!

Thumbs Up/Down

still aint listenin'

1st, dont speak down to me due to my age. Age is not code for wise. Do not dare put "!" in speaking to me to force me respect an incorrect opinion. I do not respect the opinion of fools who need to make their point by raising their voice in order to be heard, that is something my professor(on that do not speak from ignorance and put his title in quotes b/c you disagree. only fools attempt to show up someone they do not know even if the person is mentioned) taught in our class that is something I learned from speaking to brother henrik-clark, and that is something I learned from other elders, do not perceive your age as an advantage nor your "!" something to cause me to value your never seen the show opinion of ignorance either.

2nd, you speak from an ignorant point of view. You HAVE NEVER seen this show yet you attack it because other's do. What opinion in that should be respected? Because its a "cartoon"? How can you deadpan the media used in which a positive message to those who need to hear it b/c of how its presented. This isnt yugio or looney toons or anything of that nature. But for someone who has never seen this show or seemingly watched this show you lack the capacity to even question it.

You also said this ain't the hood. Well who do you think the show is targeting? Surely not you but those who attack as the ignorant masses on this show attack. This is the internet but this show speaks about how folks in the hood, some at least attack. I come from that environment. South Jamaica Queens to be exact so do not speak about the "hood" since you seem ignorant to its highs and lows and so you are clearly unprepared to deliver the message of how to spread freedom/the movement/ the revolution to it.

Aaron McGruder has gotten this show from a strip to a show and increased his audience, while making an enemy of those of you who would attack him b/c he uses the world "nigga" when the word is used far too often in thre streets by people of all ages and if you don't believe me go to colfax street in queens village and see what I mean, walk down jamaica avenue or flatbush. The people OUT THERE are the people McGruder is targeting. Not you so called elders who can not seemingly flesh out your arguments except to you cliched statements and quotes and speaking from a position of fear of the white enemy so much so you attack a black brother who is trying to free the people his way in a way HIS GENERATION will understand.

The secret is out about the ills of the black race in america, thats y it has been exploited by the real enemy the white forces to hold this race down. They enemy expects the message to be delivered by spoken word by print media by marches thats y it is so difficult to get papers to do any such thing. As the Nation of Islam how hard whenever the want to put an a million something march it is to get those papers. The enemy has dumbed down television and doesnt expect anything meaningful to come of it so he has turned a blind eye to it. And are those in our community who are living wrong doing? WATCHING TELEVISION. so in the midst of their watching mayhaps they will see/hear the message. Its subliminal altho last nites episode was quite in your face. But for some of you, you speak out of fear of some great secret being let out. You speak from the perspective of the past and while the past is amazing there is a quote that goes "Those who do not study the past are doomed to repeat it" For all your quotes and speaking of elders do you truly think those elders would ever reject knowledge simply because of the form it is conveyed? Because of who it is targeted to? By who it is delivered from?

The revolution will not come from TV but the seed of the tree can be laid in TV or in music since the seed from the books has not spread far enough and the seed of the words has not been heard far enough. The seeds must be spread somehow and for this generation it is through visual media and audio media. Even in clothing to some extent.

As for the person who said the look of the show wasnt interesting. Thats sad. Perhaps you'd prefer squiggly lines? Its anime not amerikkkan but asian and if you read the word of the kushites it is derived from a style they developed and spread to asia when their was a black ruler of that land.

And "This show f******* sucks" is kind of pointless since you have nothing to back it up with but a low capacity to explain.

This is why the race has lost itself the biggest enemy of this race is being ignored but spoken of heavily but the enemy we should most be worried about is within our own race. Malcolm was killed because he was turned on by blacks who feared his message, MLK was killed b/c blacks and whites feared his message, many a black leader has been killed b/c another black or blacks feared the message and chose to side with the real enemy knowingly or unknowingly to silence a voice b/c of the manner in which that voice delivered the message.

The biggest threat to this race is this race itself. And that is so sad to realize.

My elders are not your elders and I am glad for that since it seems they taught you incorrectly or failed to keep your attention so you decided to take what you could from their lessons and erase the rest of the lesson.
      My elders taught me not to back down from anyone so "!" all you want or shake your fist at the screen or write me back attempting to speak down to me or continue from an ignorant point of view on this show. Its your loss but when the revolution does come you will be left out because you won't know its coming b/c some part of the call was televised and you will be too out of the loop b/c you chose to stay in this angry militant mindset.

As for the last statement is Assata too militant. No but in reading from things about her and from her and briefly hearing from a letter she wrote my professor that he read in class. She would not approve from blind ignorant rejection of something b/c of how it is delivered or the method it is shown.

Perhaps some of you need to speak to your elders again and perhaps take a tour of the hood on a daily basis maybe then you'll see the truth needs to be delivered and the method of its delivery is unimportant.
      Because you are younger than my youngest sibling plus you hot headed and closed minded...this is the last reply i got for this...As i told Afro...Aaron has no remedies or solutions for the ills in our communities, yet he chooses to dwell in the gutters and pissed filled hallways of Black life. He is different from the average nigga rapper who say's.."this is all i know". furthermore(!), u made an assumption that i have never watched this coon show. neither did u ask have i seen it. i have struggled through 31/2 silly ass episodes of this childs show and have not witnessed 1 act skit of consciousness. it is a buffoons paradise at best. how many times you negroes think you gonna slip somethin subliminal through the vehicles of the enemy? that is the most assinine excuse we continue to support. Liberation and the recieving of information aint gonna come from the cartoon network!! lol and furthermore..the Boondocks aint got nuthin to do with Kush so dont even make that narrow minded attempt. This is a cartton meant for people to laugh at..not to liberate or open minds...because if it has...it has miserably failed....

P.s if you think my exclamation point is..as you say hollering..lol
      then you take it as you see fit, but dont get your lil panties in a buch over what i type, its just my opinion!!!!!
      young lion

you know some people thought Amos & Andy were crucial also...hmmmm

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

I have never seen this show.................If you all have time to watch tv then you are not for the cause of Afrikans.

Thumbs Up/Down

man u too much...

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
      I have never seen this show.................If you all have time to watch tv then you are not for the cause of Afrikans.
      lol why is that?

Palmetto is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

mlk episode was on point...u cannot hate on that

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

I just can't watch tv. I only use my tv for one thing...........Thats to play music on my Xbox 360.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information