• Keeps it stupid.

29 33.72%
    Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Boondocks

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      again ignorance..."its a cartoon/he has nigga said on it too much/he is speaking from the gutters"

How would u have him reach ppl? from a soapbox on a mountain? You say the it doesnt speak of people or situations that do not exist yet you say those are not how they are?

Then you say I am hot headed and closed minded? How am I closed minded for beliving their is more than one way to deliver a message to those who need to hear it? And how am I hot headed for defending that postion?

You show arrogance and ignorance in your words and speak from a position of fear and insults "Don't get your panties...."....clearly you cannot back your position unless you are arrogant, insulting and ignorant. no better than a nigga....as the boondock'd version of MLK said last nite: "Niggas love to talk but never explain and niggas love to complain".

There is verbally and written emphasis but generally WRITING IN CAPS and "!" is a way of yelling by writing.

There is no lesson I can learn from you since you take the cowards way out and use cowards means to explain yourself and you are so closed minded you missed every message those episodes you speak down of had and you speak of it being a cartoon. Why is it such a big deal that its a cartoon? Adults dont stop watching cartoons just b/c they reach a certain age. Age means nothing in the grand scheme of things age doesnt deliver wisdom only experience of differences deliver wisdom.

but enough of you. you r lost and as i said when a revolution does come it will not be led by elders. it will be led by those pupils of all different elders and all different media. Your fear talk "do you truly think the white man would let something subliminal sneak by him" so to speak gives the white man credit. Thus making you a pawn of his white evil like a slave.

As for the person who said time to watch tv. speak what u kno and u do not know me or anyone else who watches this show and enjoys knowing it delivers a message. you can make busy yourself for 24 hours a day but not being active physically does not mean the mind is at rest. Even when you sleep(i assume you dont since you gotta be busy right?) your mind is working on the astral plane or depending on the person any of the planes of existence.

(not directed at xbox person unless it fits)
      But I cannot not fault some of you for your ignorance. Seems like you are not from this generation and regard the means of delivery as foolish. also it seems some of you are stuck in your ways due to ignorance and act from the perspective of fear. even jaded beyond belief.

and that is fine. None of you who are against this show and its message speak for the masses who watch it and for the entire race. The old methods have been proven ineffective as a 1st means of attack on ignorance but it seems they r a great means of defense against change. truly counterproductive.

that is sad.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto
      mlk episode was on point...u cannot hate on that
      Of course they can and they r.

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

Ok Ok Ok I will watch this show just for YOU! You want me to TIVO it for you?

Thumbs Up/Down

dont waste your time G.O.D....

Like I said...when liberation comes from a cartoon or TV show, you know a people have truly reached the depths of desperation and their spirituality has failed them...I can only attribute this to the lack of leadership, guidance and vision among Afrikan people in amerikkka. this is what happens to our youth when we offer "torch lights for amerikkka". they become disenchanted with reality and follow whoever uses the word "whitey" or wears "locks" or wears the liberation colors and believe they are somehow "down for the cause". even if this is reality, why do i have to see it in person & on t.v.? WHY? because Aaron is gettin paid off our misery and you dont run t.v. shows off of Afrikan consciousness...Just ask Avery Brooks..a.k.a. Hawk. But hey somebody was gonna exploit the people so why not me right???

I dont seperate the true young warriors who dont excuse ignorance as a vehicle of their joy and entertainment. young warriors who are not afraid to follow old ideas or impliment new one's. However, it is funny how everyone defends a position they support...even its its a poor position. Cognative Dissonance is a disease just like ignorance.

the funny thing is...even Aaron probably feels he's a honey mustard nigga!!

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

Well put. You dont see Jews teaching their youth with cartoons about Kikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefentse_Bandele
      Like I said...when liberation comes from a cartoon or TV show, you know a people have truly reached the depths of desperation and their spirituality has failed them...I can only attribute this to the lack of leadership, guidance and vision among Afrikan people in amerikkka.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Thumbs up throw ur television away!!

throw ur television away in the garbage,it blocks our inner visions besides,it is no good for the spirit,it numbs us all

ps i dont have tv,and dont intend to

sotito! sododo! soora masika!
      " perform truth,perform righteousness,perform kindness and avoid cruelty!"

Nipa nye abe dua na ne ho ahyia ne ho. Or, Se mmerenkensono si ne ti ase a, na ewo dea asase reka kyere no. Also, Nnua nyinaa bewu agya abe.

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

As a documentary and TV show producer, I kinda see things differently. The problem is, we have all given up on TV as a medium for the dissimination of messages, and for good reason. That doesn't make everything on TV a lie or evil. I decided to get in to my chosen field because of the power of the media. Our children listen to the TV more than they do their own parents. So what does all this mean when referencing The Boondocks? True, our youth are probably staying up to watch this show, and probably are not getting the intended messages from the show. That is because McGruder did not intend for this to be a children's show (the reason for the big Mature Audiences logo before the show), just as the comic strip was not intended for children to understand. The show has its high points and definately has it's low points...but don't condemn the show because of its few flaws. The biggest problem may be that he is not reaching the audience he intended to reach. Something else you might not have thought about...just as we are reading and discussing this show, there are many other people discussing this show, and it's themes and it's portrayals, etc. It's making us talk about these issues, versus just acknowledging them and saying, "Well, we've got to do something about this!" Already, the next logical question has appeared through this forum..."What are the solutions that he presents?" In short...NONE! Then that's where we come in. What are the solutions for the probems exemplified through this cartoon?

Two more quick questions:

How can any of you who have NOT seen this show pass an honest judgement? This is an open forum, but don't just repeat majority opinion because everyone else is doing i! (That's that republican ish!)

And just for clarification, what about this show makes McGruder a sell-out?
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

TheQuietBrotha is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

people @ this board hate anything

thats not saying 'afrika this" and "kill whitey" and "afrika that"............for all those that feel aaron mcgruder's show and strip "the boondocks" is nothing but a coon show........................my suggestion is hang out with the black masses for a while. thats right. ride the bus/subway train with the common black man/woman. walk around the places where blacks are known to shop at (ex. south st in Phila., 125th St/Fordham rd/downtown bklyn NYC, dudley square in Boston). Heck, even hang out in front of your average high school with a large black student population. I know it might be hard for you guys and girls to take your heads out of the africa books (as well as some of your behinds for that matter.................), but cmon................you can do it. Interact with the people your supposed to be leading to liberation...................cuz with teh responses ive seen on this board about this cartoon................most of yall dont seem to have any bloody idea of what goes on with black people outside of teh attacks from white folks...........yall portray yourselves as know it alls when it comes to black folks yet yall get bent out of shape when someone speaks on or shows stuff about the black community that everyone else in the community knows. Even your most self hating, disconnected uncle tom seems to have a better idea of what goes on with black people than a lot of yall here at this board.............aaron mcgruder isnt the black Bill O'Reilly yall........but enuff talk....................get out and INTERACT! Interact and socialize with teh said people yall love and advocate for so much...............it really isnt that hard...................

P.S with respect to liberation and solutions................... consider this quote

"it aint wise to chastise and preach
      just open the eyes of each.........."

Ice Cube in 1990

Thumbs Up/Down

The grandfather going out with a hoe is going to lead the black man into revolution, right? This cartoon is going to raise consciousness?This is what you suggest. Now talk to the black masses which you told me to hang out with(who i am) and ask them about boondocks. DO they find it funny or informative and thought provoking?How many wanted to be activists because of it or join the movement? Yea, my thoughts exactly.

Put this cartoon at 8 o clock, give it a damn movie, huge promotion and it still wont cause no increase in consciousness or black activism. IE, its not revolutionary.
      "I come with my heart bearing truth, and there are no lies in it..."

Thumbs Up/Down

here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietBrotha
      thats not saying 'afrika this" and "kill whitey" and "afrika that"............for all those that feel aaron mcgruder's show and strip "the boondocks" is nothing but a coon show........................my suggestion is hang out with the black masses for a while. thats right. ride the bus/subway train with the common black man/woman. walk around the places where blacks are known to shop at (ex. south st in Phila., 125th St/Fordham rd/downtown bklyn NYC, dudley square in Boston). Heck, even hang out in front of your average high school with a large black student population. I know it might be hard for you guys and girls to take your heads out of the africa books (as well as some of your behinds for that matter.................), but cmon................you can do it. Interact with the people your supposed to be leading to liberation...................cuz with teh responses ive seen on this board about this cartoon................most of yall dont seem to have any bloody idea of what goes on with black people outside of teh attacks from white folksconsider this quote
      "it aint wise to chastise and preach
      just open the eyes of each.........."Ice Cube in 1990

okay so lets have a show about down low men...tenage homosexuals....muderers, rapist, etc...since that goes on in the hood also why not?
      Yall brothers think because someone opinion differs from yourn' it somehow reflects where they live. If i read 1 more statement as if yall know where others bruthas and sistas live imma just crack. Have you young brothers and sistas ever hear of sumthin called an improvised reality? A reality that is not yours but projected to you as such? What is real or keepin it real? is it bad ass kids? disrespectin elders? callin each other names? focusin in our pains instead of our triumphs? is that keepin it real? because Afrikan people call themselves a slave term for contempt is supposed to be a reality to me? Is this the reality of Assata whos site we post on? i think not! if you like the show then cool, but dont assume shit about me because i think different from you. My father is a revolutionary who shoes i only wish to fill and he loves the boondocks. this doesnt take away from his work for the people. i think aaron is a coon, not those who watch it. but i do feel that you support buffonery as I do when I watch Martin!

p.s. I wonder what Khalid Muhammad thought about Ice Cube and his liberation quotes!! oh yeah...he said ice cube melted on him...
      So in closing, go find a quote from a real revolutionary to make a real point!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by AfroNinpo
      Already, the next logical question has appeared through this forum..."What are the solutions that he presents?" In short...NONE! Then that's where we come in. What are the solutions for the probems exemplified through this cartoon?
      Two more quick questions:

How can any of you who have NOT seen this show pass an honest judgement? This is an open forum, but don't just repeat majority opinion because everyone else is doing i! (That's that republican ish!)
      And just for clarification, what about this show makes McGruder a sell-out?
      #1. You already answered one of your questions. the sell out issue. Aaron aim is to have high ratings.....bottom line. When the ratings drop so will his contract. Aaron isnt trying to free Afrikan people nor enslave them. He is putting on a cartoon/show. His job is to generate money for the cartoon network & himself. NOT FREE U! the direction of the comic strip in the paper was conscious, imformative and humorous. this show is a black south park. John whitherspoon as a voice? and this show is conscious??? mr. bang, bang, bang???

#2. Who has made an opinion and hasnt watched the show? please name them.

#3. What is republicanish? Before John Kennedy mopst of your ancestors were republican. but you probably already know that...

Uhuru

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Okay...I just forced myself to watch this show ONE MORE TIME on the strength that somehow my older brother became a "die hard" supporter of this show. He told me not to judge it until I saw enough episodes. Mind you...I knew about the show BEFORE him...and AS I SPEAK he has no idea that the show originated from a comic strip. Well the verdict is in. The show SUCKS. I DIDN'T LAUGH ONCE. I didn't even "smile" watching it. Yall can take away all my "hood stripes" if you want to...I just don't find the show entertaining.

Rebel Queen is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by rebelAfrika
      Okay...I just forced myself to watch this show ONE MORE TIME on the strength that somehow my older brother became a "die hard" supporter of this show. He told me not to judge it until I saw enough episodes. Mind you...I knew about the show BEFORE him...and AS I SPEAK he has no idea that the show originated from a comic strip. Well the verdict is in. The show SUCKS. I DIDN'T LAUGH ONCE. I didn't even "smile" watching it. Yall can take away all my "hood stripes" if you want to...I just don't find the show entertaining.

agreed......

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

Now stand up! I still will TIVO it and send it to TheQuietBrotha. He seems to like it.

BlackIsPower is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

I'm just wondering how many of you think that real hood people(large black population in a major inner city) watch this show religiously? I'm in the burbs right now and even these folks out this way don't watch the show, hell alot don't even know what i'm talkin bout, so who is this show really reaching? I ask this because people keep sayin that the show has a message but how many people are getting this message is what i want to know

btw I watched the "itis" episode, I thought it had some good points as far as the Soulfood skit, but the cracka using "bitch" like it was going outta style irked me.... i remember a time when they bleeped words like that out (lol) it was almost ignorance is celebrated on the show and i don't find that revolutionary or funny
      Word is bond,bond is life i give my life before my word shall fail /a soldiers oath/freedom or death/I won't stop if I fail,If I fail I get back up can't be soft /gotta be tough/failure is NOT a option/Real recognize Real/let's get it poppin /with mathematics you can solve any problem /that's how we make it to the Top from the Bottom -Dead Prez

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information