Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
      neno is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      The Limits of Control. No plot, little dialogue, No acting and an all around incredibly dull movie. A 'Must See' for boring movie lovers.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Maafa21
      I just got this from a elder Sistah. This is a documentary about population control / genocide of blacks by using planned parenthood / abortions. According to the documentary abortions were/are overwhelmingly pushed towards blacks to control population. A very interesting documentary and something worth adding to anybody's library conscious movies.

"To uplift the Black woman is to uplift the world"- Akil

"A revolutionary woman can't have no reactionary man. If he's not about liberation, if he's not about struggle, if he ain't about building a strong Black family, if he ain't about building a strong Black nation, then he ain't about nothing." - Assata Shakur

manifestdestiny is offline Administrator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0
      Given: 2/0

I recently watched

Director: Pascal Plisson
      Year: 2005 Minutes: 94
      Language: Maa with English subtitles
      Genre: Epic Drama

Faced with a drought that endangers the continuity of their people, Masai elders are convinced that they have been cursed by the Red God -- the God of Vengeance. Following the death of the war chief, a group of adolescents must now cross over to adulthood, forced to quickly form a new generation of inexperienced but brave warriors. The young men must bring back the mane of a legendary lion, which appears at every critical period of Masai history to appease the wrath of the Red God and bring back the rains. The survival of their culture depends on this quest.
      "A story of initiation, friendship, teamwork and sacrifice set on the vast ochre savannah of Kenya, Masai: The Rain Warriors builds slowly to a powerful and touching finale." -Lisa Nesselson, Variety

"With a documentary-like authenticity and major movie production values, this gorgeous drama takes us deep into the life of the Masai in East Africa. The story may be fiction, but the actors and the culture are completely real.” -Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall

Black7Sun is offline Militia

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 6/0
      Given: 3/0

Quote Originally Posted by TureBandele View Post
      Too many of y'all be watching these white faggot movies no wonder theres so few revolutionary soldiers because this where folks mind is at.

Dont be putting revoultionary tags on this garbage so you can sit there with popcorn wastin away lookin at shit !

I see your point but you have to use certain things up to certain point or they will use you.When your searching for the truth you accept certain limitations like when I was younger revoultionary and did'nt know my doctrine or philsophy you go for half truths and semi truths.When I was young I could watch 5 channels on t.v and there was only the radio or c.d player or p.c for entertainment.But when I got in my teens there was the internet to where I could watch what I want when I wanna watch it even now when I download stuff after how many terabytes I'm so happy because I remember when had to watch it or leave it.I used to watch frasier,friends,charmed, etc all that trashbag t.v but I doubt I would've watched them if I had on demand,streaming t.v,internet downloads etc.Once you know better you have to do better and this generation has to know that.Generations before us could'nt board a plane or boat,own guns,read books,go to certain places etc. we on the other hand can go everywhere do anything and get anything and when we want but we do nothing.If in 1804 them hatians had what we have now there would be a kemet now in the caribbean at that same level.We're pampered we've never seen our daddy's whipped to death for talking back to massa or our mamma being raped by 6 crackers in the next rooom while the whole family listen not one person moving inch.She comes out bloody clothes in shreds tears in her eyes her body shaking like rattle cum in her face,hair,legs cum everywhere.Thats not one story thats lives and what generations had go through they had it hard the only thing hard about us today is our heads.
      And with all that said here's more!!!

(I finally got to see this joint a couple of days ago after people kept telling for years to check it out)

WAR JOINTS

SPY JOINTS

SCI-FI & HORROR JOINTS

OLD-SCHOOL JOINTS

Elisa Keisha is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I see your point but you have to use certain things up to certain point or they will use you.When your searching for the truth you accept certain limitations like when I was younger revoultionary and did'nt know my doctrine or philsophy you go for half truths and semi truths.When I was young I could watch 5 channels on t.v and there was only the radio or c.d player or p.c for entertainment.But when I got in my teens there was the internet to where I could watch what I want when I wanna watch it even now when I download stuff after how many terabytes I'm so happy because I remember when had to watch it or leave it.I used to watch frasier,friends,charmed, etc all that trashbag t.v but I doubt I would've watched them if I had on demand,streaming t.v,internet downloads etc.Once you know better you have to do better and this generation has to know that.Generations before us could'nt board a plane or boat,own guns,read books,go to certain places etc. we on the other hand can go everywhere do anything and get anything and when we want but we do nothing.If in 1804 them hatians had what we have now there would be a kemet now in the caribbean at that same level.We're pampered we've never seen our daddy's whipped to death for talking back to massa or our mamma being raped by 6 crackers in the next rooom while the whole family listen not one person moving inch.She comes out bloody clothes in shreds tears in her eyes her body shaking like rattle cum in her face,hair,legs cum everywhere.Thats not one story thats lives and what generations had go through they had it hard the only thing hard about us today is our heads.

See, i absolutely 100% agree with you on this one. and each point you just made there.

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

SANKOFA Asociación Cultural
      www.myspace.com/sankofacultura
      http://sankofacultura.blogspot.com

Thumbs Up/Down

^ And with that being said, here's more!!!

(first of all, how in the world did I forget this; I saw it a few weeks ago, this joint is off the hook, the new MATRIX)

(a serious look at the music-business from an early '80s White prospective)

(astutely showing how all the stupid-ass gaming-playing in relationships can end up being about b***s***)

SCI-FI & HORROR JOINTS

manifestdestiny is offline Administrator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Given: 2/0

What makes a movie revolutionary is what its story inspires in you. I remember watching Spike Lee's X and being inspired to learn, to come from nothing and become something like Malcolm. However, the fact that these headliners are whats preoccupying our peoples attention is our fault. The role of a Djeli is to teach, he/she teaches with song, with prose, and poetry. There's simply, not enough of these stories being told and depicted on film. It's kinda hard to be inspired by movies where you know the brother gets killed and the movement stalled. So, just relying on historical remakes and documentaries are not enough. Hell, lets do a cinematic dramatization of Assata's escape from Amerikkka (I vote Erykah Baddu to play her lol).

Vic da god is offline Warrior

Jamaica to Queens Village to BK, New York
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by manifestdestiny View Post
      I recently watched

Faced with a drought that endangers the continuity of their people, Masai elders are convinced that they have been cursed by the Red God -- the God of Vengeance. Following the death of the war chief, a group of adolescents must now cross over to adulthood, forced to quickly form a new generation of inexperienced but brave warriors. The young men must bring back the mane of a legendary lion, which appears at every critical period of Masai history to appease the wrath of the Red God and bring back the rains. The survival of their culture depends on this quest.
      "A story of initiation, friendship, teamwork and sacrifice set on the vast ochre savannah of Kenya, Masai: The Rain Warriors builds slowly to a powerful and touching finale." -Lisa Nesselson, Variety

"With a documentary-like authenticity and major movie production values, this gorgeous drama takes us deep into the life of the Masai in East Africa. The story may be fiction, but the actors and the culture are completely real.” -Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall

I need to buy this one!!! Ppreciate it!!

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nfant_De_Mileu View Post
      Maafa21
      I just got this from a elder Sistah. This is a documentary about population control / genocide of blacks by using planned parenthood / abortions. According to the documentary abortions were/are overwhelmingly pushed towards blacks to control population. A very interesting documentary and something worth adding to anybody's library conscious movies.

Maafa21 is a great WELL Done Documentary. I only saw 1/2 and need to watch the rest, but its a Must see.

Vic da god is offline Warrior

Jamaica to Queens Village to BK, New York
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Nfant_De_Mileu View Post
      American Violet - A single African-American mother struggles to clear her name after being wrongly accused and arrested for dealing drugs in an impoverished town in Texas.

When the hell was I gonna find out about this without Assata Forums????!!! JEEZ GOtta buy this asap!!

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by manifestdestiny View Post
      I recently watched

I cant even find a DECENT TRAILER for this movie. Shame on us !!!!

Thumbs Up/Down

I just gotta, I JUST GOTTA, add this joint to the list too (put it in the "Sci-Fi/Horror" category).

I just watched it last night and, again, early this morning. It lives up to all the hype. Not by the horror standpoint (even though they did a pretty-good job by that aspect as well... plus it has a touch of comedy too) but, in my opinion, how deep this movie is on so many levels. I'm tellin' you, the depth of the underlining story and the subliminal in the dialogue, storyline and some of the visuals is off the f***in' chart!!!

Watch it with your third-eye wide open.

Thumbs Up/Down

I just remembered another great movie I saw long ago that was really deep...

if you watch it or have seen it you'll know where I'm coming from. Then view this in conjunction with episode series like "PROGRAMMED TO KILL" and ask yourself how much does this apply to what is going on today.

Thumbs Up/Down

^ Is that what you use... damn.

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh yeah, another great movie (put this in the "horror/sci-fi" section). I've been hearing about this movie for years and I finally got to see it month ago and it damn-sure lives up to all the hype.

Besides being shocking haunting, this film is deep on so many levels.

Thumbs Up/Down

XXPANTHAXX, I just discovered that my first post in this thread, which use to be #60, that has remain posted for years since 11-15-2009 is now gone with a message in place saying, "This message has been deleted by XXPANTHAXX". Can you tell me why that is?

PTB
      PTB is offline Moderator

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/1
      Given: 9/0

Not a lot Blacks involved, but "The Skulls I, II, and III" were decenct. They're about the influence and power of Yale's "Skull & Bones" fraternity.
      I know no national boundary where the Negro is concerned. The whole world is my province until Africa is free.

Our success educationally, industrially and politically is based upon the protection of a nation founded by ourselves. And the nation can be nowhere else but in Africa.

We were the first Fascists, when we had 100,000 disciplined men, and were training children, Mussolini was still an unknown. Mussolini copied our Fascism.

Marcus Garvey

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information