Forgot your password?

Pragmatic is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 31/0
      Given: 12/0

Icon Offtheair The MLK that's never quoted

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlvEiBRgp2M&feature=related"]YouTube - The MLK that's never quoted[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5f0JxwR-0k&feature=related"]YouTube - 1 European Distortion of African History[/ame]

Peace be upon you

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0

I was wondering where this video was.

THANKS FOR POSTING............pass it along.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Bump...

Peace be upon you

Roarin1 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Given: 1/0

Excellent video PRAGMATIC!

I took the liberty to post in other places.....for the benefit of those who would otherwise never believe that MLK (also) stood for the Greatness of Black Strength thru knowledge and truth!

For the benefit of those 'syrup-ie' negroes who can yet allow themselves to be influenced by and still garner their 'knowledge' from a twisted euro-system.

It's a shame that so many of these 'affected,' still have such influence (even from some strategic appointments,) over Our People.

Namaste!

Roarin..
      No Nation is any Greater than it's Leaders

“Africa must build relationships with the rest of the world independently. It should never receive friends or foes from Europe and America"....President Robert Mugabe

DarkManJah is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 4/0
      Given: 2/0

What Tha Hell!

i never would have belived it! i swear i have read so many of King's speeches and writings, searching for something like this, but couldn't find it. One scholar whose name escapes me, but who i trusted, implied that King never spoke about black self-love, only loving white folks. Yea, i know, don't put too much trust in someone else's research; do your own... This had to be from the period not long before his assasination, right?
      i freed 100's of slaves; i would've freed 100s more had they known they were slaves . -- Harriet Tubman

manifestdestiny is offline Administrator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

Hmmm, (2nd video) he pointed to the slave trade as the provocateur of white racism. I disagree, racism is rooted in an over-stationed self importance fashioned by an immature mind. As is referred to by one of their philosophers when he explain that the depth of perception is limited to the view of the mind's eye. In short, every man feels like he can whoop anyone until he encounter's someone that changes his perspective. Racism is rooted in the response to this revelation, rather it is affirming or denying. This is what drove Caucasian's to alter history and eventually imperialism. However, what's funny is the explorers accounts of their interactions with the Afrikan's. What's up with white denial's? It must be a gene trait.

MShakur is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

AWWW MAN...PRAGMATIC YOU KNOW I HAD TO WEIGH IN ON THIS...DOC WAS A DIFFERENT MAN BY 1968 ...THEY DIDNT KILL HIM FOR DREAMING
      IN FACT...WAS HE FOR REPARATIONS? HMMMM...LETS SEE IN THIS RARE FOOTAGE DOC CAME WITH THE KNOWLEDGE...PUT EM ON BLAST. WHEN HE WAS KILLED, HE WAS COMING FOR A MARCH ON POVERTY AND THIS TIME HE WASNT LEAVING EMPTY HANDED...GET EM DOC...THEY DONT KNOW THIS DR. KING

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by MShakur View Post
      AWWW MAN...PRAGMATIC YOU KNOW I HAD TO WEIGH IN ON THIS...DOC WAS A DIFFERENT MAN BY 1968 ...THEY DIDNT KILL HIM FOR DREAMING
      IN FACT...WAS HE FOR REPARATIONS? HMMMM...LETS SEE IN THIS RARE FOOTAGE DOC CAME WITH THE KNOWLEDGE...PUT EM ON BLAST. WHEN HE WAS KILLED, HE WAS COMING FOR A MARCH ON POVERTY AND THIS TIME HE WASNT LEAVING EMPTY HANDED...GET EM DOC...THEY DONT KNOW THIS DR. KING

&ampnbsp
      &ampnbsp

What? ... Brotha, thank you for the add.

Peace be upon you

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by MShakur View Post

I'm going to play this for my class tomorrow since we will be on the subject of King.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

DarkManJah is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 4/0

Brother Jalil, with your class (your profile says u r a librarian and youth counselor, rite?), do you plan to recast King as a liberator or a liberatory thinker, with the help of the videos? Just wondering...

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

If i may suggest something, Jalili: From my own studies, towards the end of his life, King began to "grow politically", which is captured in the above videos (i read a few things about his, let's say, transformation into a more militant thinker, if you will, but NEVER saw any of the footage before, whixch is more provocative than words on paper). Perhaps you can emphasize to your students that is ALLRIGHT to change ones perspective as they come into contact with information previously unknown to them; that the world will not come crashing down on their heads for walking to a drumbeat different than what they've become accustomed to. i've met Afrikan students who were terrified to embrace any idea that would alienate them from their classmates, man. By articulating the above suggestion, you create an environment in which they won;t feel stressed or uncomfortable about interacting with information and insight that sheds a DEEPER light into the thinking and INTELLECTUAL GROWTH of a great Afrikan figure like King. In other words, you can give them permission to ALSO grow intellectually/politically...

Just some friendly advice from one decolonizer to another, bruh.

Jahi

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

If i may suggest something, Jalili: From my own studies, towards the end of his life, King began to "grow politically", which is captured in the above videos (i read a few things about his, let's say, transformation into a more militant thinker, if you will, but NEVER saw any of the footage before, whixch is more provocative than words on paper). Perhaps you can emphasize to your students that is ALLRIGHT to change ones perspective as they come into contact with information previously unknown to them; that the world will not come crashing down on their heads for walking to a drumbeat different than what they've become accustomed to. i've met Afrikan students who were terrified to embrace any idea that would alienate them from their classmates, man. By articulating the above suggestion, you create an environment in which they won;t feel stressed or uncomfortable about interacting with information and insight that sheds a DEEPER light into the thinking and INTELLECTUAL GROWTH of a great Afrikan figure like King. In other words, you can give them permission to ALSO grow intellectually/politically...

Just some friendly advice from one decolonizer to another, bruh.

Jahi
      i freed 100's of slaves; i would've freed 100s more had they known they were slaves . -- Harriet Tubman

Thread Information