Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

The Notorious B.I.G. and Bob Marley Team for Legendary Single

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Daily Hip-Hop News:
      The Notorious B.I.G. and Bob Marley Team for Legendary Single
      Friday - September 30, 2005
      by Rashaun Hall

The Notorious B.I.G. and reggae icon, Bob Marley are revived for a posthumous duet called, "Hold Ya Hand."

The single [listen: real | windows ], produced by Clinton Sparks, is the fist to be released from the forthcoming The Notorious B.I.G. Duets: The Final Chapter. The duet inspired Sparks, who said he was looking for a standout concept for this important Biggie album.
      advertisement

"It was an honor to work on Biggie's last and final album," Sparks, a well-known mixtape DJ, told SOHH.com. "Given that the album is a duets album, I tried to come up with a concept that would stick out on this album for whatever song that I got placed. Concepts are what make great producers. I decided to pair up all the vocals that were given to me with icons or legends in the music biz that had already passed on as well.

"What better artist to do a collabo with than Bob Marley," added Sparks. "His music will always be timeless. I have bunch of other records in the can with Biggie and other artists who have passed on, and there is still time to make the album so I'm submitting them now."

"Hold Ya Hand" includes a sample of Marley's "Johnny Was" on the hook with classic verses from B.I.G. While the album is still in production as host of contributors have been making the rounds on the rumor mill, no other information has been released.

Notorious B.I.G. Duets: The Final Chapter is due in stores Nov. 29 via Bad Boy Records.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Nesayem is offline Afrika Is In You

Thumbs Up/Down

I dont like it, maybe I'm just overly sensitive about Bob's memory. It's a nice beat and a good sample but the lyrics are not in good taste. In life I couldnt imagine him (Bob Marley) singing along with lyrics like, "I'm a piece of s*&t and it aint hard to F*in' tell". There is a lot of cursing in this song , so please make sure you arent lisening to it at work or school.lol.

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Nesayem
      I dont like it, maybe I'm just overly sensitive about Bob's memory. It's a nice beat and a good sample but the lyrics are not in good taste. In life I couldnt imagine him (Bob Marley) singing along with lyrics like, "I'm a piece of s*&t and it aint hard to F*in' tell". There is a lot of cursing in this song , so please make sure you arent lisening to it at work or school.lol.
      Greetings, Sister Nesayem!

I agree with your sentiments. On the negative side, kids are going to hear this song with all of its curse words (which gives bad energy). On the plus side, they'll start wondering who Bob Marley is (if they don't already know), which will lead them into his music and the messages that come with the music.

Collaborations can have good, bad, or both effects depending on the artists involved.

Thanks for your input, Sister.

and :cheers:
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Thread Information