Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Sister Erykah Badu Speaks at the MMM rally

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      http://www.blackforesttheater.com/millions.html

Check it out, everyone, and let me know what your thoughts are about what she spoke on.

Peace and much Love.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

BlackIsPower is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

to me her words were the only highlights of the whole MMM and I could hear the crowd yelling for her to sing while she was speaking and she kept saying "i'm not gone sing, ya'll heard me sing many times and i'm not here for that" I was like say that! and she ended up singing anyway her speech was on point aside from a few things i disagreed with, the overall message was hitting though
      Word is bond,bond is life i give my life before my word shall fail /a soldiers oath/freedom or death/I won't stop if I fail,If I fail I get back up can't be soft /gotta be tough/failure is NOT a option/Real recognize Real/let's get it poppin /with mathematics you can solve any problem /that's how we make it to the Top from the Bottom -Dead Prez

Kentake is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb

Hotep fam!,
      Well...i listened to some of it....not all....and i noticed that Sistah Badu near the end was talkin bout we all got to love one another, and made reference to the hip-hop generation as a great example for all blk ppl, seeing that they are united across racial lines, she said dat chinese, latino, black and white ppl are 2gether and we should learn somethin wit dat reality.she also said dat many blk folk talk about Hurricane Katrina etc. being a punishment to Amerikkka then asked why is it affecting mostly blk ppl? she seemed to be concentrating her energy on interracial love, unity and togetherness, basically integration w/ other races, regardless....so that is her stand as she said in her own words...to spread the love. she even said that we are the reparations, and that we should not ask for reparations because it would take another 400 yrs. for us to get it!! i have always loved the sistah deeply but.....i do not see her point, she did not say anything substantial, culturally relevant or exclusive about Afree-kan-liberation and the responsibility of all Afree-kans globally! she seemed to be un-informed about the need for a pro-active plan to help to alleviate us from our pitiful global Afree-kan situation and near-demise!! i am surprised to hear her talk openly of "free love across racial lines" without speaking any truth about the need for Afree-kans to mobilize ourselves against the s...stem of global white supremacy and world domination!! ....it sounds to me like...she is a big promoter of "TURN THE OTHER CHEEK....LET US FORGET ABOUT ALL THIS "EXCLUSIVE" AFREE-KAN EMPOWERMENT STUFF AND LET US BE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY! REGARDLESS OF OUR RACE & PRESENT CONDITION AS AFREE-KANS!...."

I did not listen to all of it but most...and that is def. where she was heading to....seems like every 1 is on the same ol same ol tip!! DON'T ROCK DA BOAT CAUSE YOU MIGHT END UP DROWNING IN THE PROCESS!....JUST LET BYGONES BE BYGONES!....LET US ALL LOVE ONE ANOTHER....THE PAST IS IN THE PAST!...LET US ALL BE FRIENDS....LOVE YOUR OPPRESSOR AND RAPIST!! PLEASE DO NOT MAKE MORE TROUBLE FOR US CAUSE WE ARE TOO WEAK AND SORRY TO DEAL WITH THE TRUTH!....REALLY THE SISTAH WAS SAYIN IN SO MUCH WORDS DAT WE SHOULD LOVE ALL PPL WHOEVER THEY ARE AND BASICALLY PUT THE REST BEHIND US!....which seems to me to be the mentality of the masses!!...mostly those in the Diaspora who have become spokespersons for the community!!

Well if it is all about free love and let us put the past behind us, then i guess we should just prepare ourselves to be target practice and accept whatever terrorizing acts of annihilation that any 1 decides to lease out on us right?? WE ARE JUST TOO WEAK AND SORRY A.. TO COME 2GETHER AND ORGANIZE OUR-SELVES TOWARDS BUILDING FOR AFREE-KAN EMPOWERMENT THAT WILL LEAD TO OUR COLLECTIVE LIBERATION FROM MENTAL, SPIRITUAL AND ECONOMIC+ CHATTEL SLAVERY!! WE ARE JUST STRAIGHT UP SCARED OF THE UNKNOWN!! .....CAUSE IF U ARE REALLY READY TO DEFEND UR NATION U GOTTA BE PREPARED FOR WHAT EVER!! WE ARE NOT READY!!....THAT IS THE STRAIGHT UP HARD TO SWALLOW TRUTH!!

SANKOFA!,
      Sistah Kentake.
      Asase Ye Duru=Mama Earth has weight!!

"SISTARS!, Black people will NEVER BE FREE unless Black Womb-men
      participate in EVERY ASPECT of our struggle, on EVERY LEVEL of our struggle."

Honourable OhemaaAssata Shakur

''Black Womb-man and Child....for you i have sooooo much love!!"
      Sizzla Kalonji

Shombay is offline Black Power!!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

It's Over For Eryka

Black Love, Black People

I'm definetly rolling with Kentake on this one. If anyone of you agreed with anything Badu said you are definetly out of your Afrikan Mind. She was totally in "can you spare" "can I borrow" "can I have" intergration "buck dancin" mode. When she first came out she used to sing as if she was influenced by the "Lessons" (Supreme Wisdom), which is right and exact. Then she spoke on how she was striving to follow ancient African traditions, which is right and exact. Now she comes to the MMM talking this intergration anti-African Liberation talk. This just proves that we can never count on these so called conscious artist to be on point, especially since they are engulfed in that white supremist homosexual entertainment industry. We can barely count on our so called leaders to stay Black, so what should we expect from today's entertainers.
      Thats why Dead Prez says it's bigger than Hip Hop. They arent musicians doing revolutionary music. They're revolutionaries doing music. And thats the way it has to be
      I'll never support Badu again. I'd rather buy one of these ignorant artists' music who doesn't know any better than this woman who previously spoke like she was awake then turn around and talk this sell-out talk

Kentake is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Shombay
      Black Love, Black People

I'm definetly rolling with Kentake on this one. If anyone of you agreed with anything Badu said you are definetly out of your Afrikan Mind. She was totally in "can you spare" "can I borrow" "can I have" intergration "buck dancin" mode. When she first came out she used to sing as if she was influenced by the "Lessons" (Supreme Wisdom), which is right and exact. Then she spoke on how she was striving to follow ancient African traditions, which is right and exact. Now she comes to the MMM talking this intergration anti-African Liberation talk. This just proves that we can never count on these so called conscious artist to be on point, especially since they are engulfed in that white supremist homosexual entertainment industry. We can barely count on our so called leaders to stay Black, so what should we expect from today's entertainers.
      Thats why Dead Prez says it's bigger than Hip Hop. They arent musicians doing revolutionary music. They're revolutionaries doing music. And thats the way it has to be
      I'll never support Badu again. I'd rather buy one of these ignorant artists' music who doesn't know any better than this woman who previously spoke like she was awake then turn around and talk this sell-out talk

Hotep fam!,
      I have been convinced now dat many of these so-called "conscious" artists are just goin w/ da flow and true dat dey are bein controlled by the Caucasian dominated music industry as u so rightly said, bro.Shombay!, then they have been basically "tongue tied" and "whipped into submission" to NOT speak out against the TRUE ISSUES that affect the global Afree-kan world. I wish that they would just stay in the recording studio and leave the discussion of our liberation to those who know and understand our predicament....the thang i don't get is that why? do these conscious artists spit so much talk about revolution/re-connection 2 Afree-ka etc. and have no plan or method of action to back it up??? is it just another way to sell a product to the masses?

The issue we must decide upon now is whether or not we should take our arstists seriously.....if they are really about anything they would be in favor of mobilization, spiritual/mental concentration and mass organization for the Pan-Afree-kan liberation movement.....if they ain't about that THEY AIN'T ABOUT NOTHIN!! thru my experience i have realized that entertainers are exactly that....entertainers,....they cannot be about liberation if all they're willin to do is sing, chant and dance! after we finish listenin to the cassette or cd we just turn dat s... off and get to the REAL BUSINESS OF REVOLUTION...THERE IS A TIME FOR PLAY AND A TIME FOR ACTION ....IF THEY AIN'T ABOUT ACTION DEN WHAT PART WILL THEY BE ABLE TO PLAY IN OUR COLLECTIVE WORK 2WARDS LIBERATION!?

SANKOFA!,
      Sistah Kentake.
      Last edited by Kentake; 10-21-2005 at 06:54 AM.
      Asase Ye Duru=Mama Earth has weight!!

"SISTARS!, Black people will NEVER BE FREE unless Black Womb-men
      participate in EVERY ASPECT of our struggle, on EVERY LEVEL of our struggle."

Honourable OhemaaAssata Shakur

''Black Womb-man and Child....for you i have sooooo much love!!"
      Sizzla Kalonji

Arbol_Rasta is offline EACH ONE TEACH ONE

Thumbs Up/Down

how can she said?:
      "we all have the same blood".
      "love its real" she said
      but ¿she once live the reality of our people?the best is ERIKA was only singing a litle after what she was representing before.
      for a moment i feel her fuck with my people there....you can see it in the face of everybody there...me, like also warrior KENTAKE think she became in a product of music industry.one more time money have the power.....
      i can not believe what i listen from who i though was a warrior in our side.
      maybe the intention was good but she mind something im not agree

Moorish Rebel is offline Nkrumah-Tureist

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

This is actually a big suprise coming from Erykah considering what she represented in the past. She made some good points but the "We are the world" rhetoric was kind of shocking coming from someone like her. The same sista who hanged with Dead Prez and rep the rbg colors is now talking about "One Love". Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that however, at an event like the Million's More Movement, one would think that her speech would be geared towards specificly for the upliftment and empowerment of Afrikan Peoples. Either way, I'm still a fan of her music and will continue to support her but I just couldn't believe what I was hearing in some of her speech.
      Forward to ONE Unified Liberated Africa

GoodRain is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

She didnt mean it like that. If you have too much hate in your heart you wont be able to think the most clearly.
      Have you read the interviews at the bottom?

DJ RBG is offline S1W-Insurgent

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs down

She was duped..Im co-signing with those who saw her like I did, sold completely the fuck out with that we are world mumble jumble, Erykah is an entertainer not an activist, Erykah should have just sung one or two of her songs and been out...
      " Fried, Baked, Grilled, Boiled Or Smoked, The Only Good Pig, Is A Dead Pig...Fuck The Holice!!!"

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Wow.

I see that most people who have responded in this thread don't particularly care for her comments.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Mekeda7 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 4/0

what's going on with Erykah

Greetings Afrikans
      I saw a taping of E's talk.
      It didn't come over well on me either!
      And I am not surprised.

Most of her talk at MMM
      is vague and indirect until she comes
      with the multiculturalism rhetoric. I wonder
      if she even knew what she was going to say
      before she went up there.... Im with RBG,
      just sing yo thang and keeping it movin'

Peace

Adioukrou Queen Mother, Ivory Coast

Learn Afrikan Languages Online:
      http://www.abibtumikasa.com/Akan_Class_Information.php

To Be An Afrikan Woman is to:
      *Be life Affirming
      *Be in partnership with an Afrikan man
      *Be a political organizer
      *Speak for the Ancestors
      *Be An Advocate for Afrika
      *Exert Influence
      *Be a Healer
      *Function As Part of a Collective
      *Be a Scientist of the Sacred
      *Be Divine

-Marimba Ani

GoodRain is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

People have to realize to bulk of the audience she was talking to and that she probably wants to continue her music career. I dont know what everyone wants her to say. The bulk of the people are not Afrocentric. They are probably democrat though. Im not going to disect her speech but wish everyone would have those thoughts in mind.

Thread Information