From SOHH.com:
Thursday - October 20, 2005 by Janeé Bolden
Danger Mouse

The list of accolades continues to grow for Danger Mouse. The creator of The Grey Album wins Waxploitation's Q Award for Producer of the Year.

Danger Mouse shared the award with the Gorillaz for their Demon Days CD, which also won the Best Video award. The producer was unable to be at London's Grosvenor Hotel for the magazine's awards ceremony, but Gorillaz creator Damon Albarn was present to collect the award.

Praise for Danger Mouse has been steadily pouring in since his 2004 breakthrough release of The Grey Album, which inspired over a million illegal downloads as well as legal battles over copyright issues.

Danger Mouse has since been honored as one of GQ Magazine's Men of the Year, named "Eccentric Genius of the Year" by SPIN Magazine, hailed as "The Hottest Hip-Hop Producer in the World" by NME Magazine, honored with Entertainment Weekly's Album of the Year and added to Q Magazine's "Industry's 100 Most Influential People "list.

In addition to producing Demon Days, Danger Mouse recently collaborated with MF Doom for the Danger Doom project. The album, The Mouse and The Mask, is a joint release from Epitaph Records and "Adult Swim," Cartoon Network's popular late-night animation network.

The album features Ghostface Killah, Talib Kweli and Cee-Lo, as well as appearances by characters from "Adult Swim" shows like "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," "Sealab 2021" and "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law." The Mouse and the Mask debutedat No. 2 on BillboardMagazine's Top Independent Albums chart and No. 41 on The Billboard 200.

In a recent interview with Billboard.com, MF Doom said he'd like to collaborate with Danger Mouse and the "Adult Swim" characters again, with the future project including rhymes from the perspective of the cartoons and in their voices, rather than simply creating stories around them.

"I wanted to do that with this album," Doom told Billboard.com. "I started to do some characters after I got the standard songs out of the way, but then [the label] said they needed all the songs in. On the next album, though, I'm doing some characters. I have enough beats from Danger to do half an album already."

Doom's involvement with Cartoon Network will be extended via the show "Perfect Hair Forever," for which he will do some voiceover work. "I play a giraffe [whose] name is Sherman," he says. "He's Sherman from New York."

Doom has also begun work on a new Madvillain album with producer Madlib. Their first effort was 2004's Madvillainy. Meanwhile, Danger Mouse is anticipating the 2006 release of Gnarls Barkley, his debut collaboration with Cee-Lo.

A DangerDoom tour is in talks for next year, with the hope that "Adult Swim" characters from "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" and "Space Ghost" can appear in full costume.