Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      GoodRain is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I havent listen to enough of her songs to fully determine that. But by judging from the song in the thread and based on the songs I have heard I would have to say no.

Warrior Princess is offline Administrator

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 15/0
      Given: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by GoodRain
      I havent listen to enough of her songs to fully determine that. But by judging from the song in the thread and based on the songs I have heard I would have to say no.
      True, that's all I have to go by as well. Thanks for your input.
      "The greatest mistake of the movement has been to organize a sleeping people around specific goals. You have to wake the people up first, then youíll get action." Brother Malcolm

Daisho is offline The Ghost Swordsman

B.K.N.Y. The Far East: Onyx Buddha Has Risen
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Princess
      LOL

Now don't get me wrong. When I would buy my Source magazines on the regular, it was during a time when if you saw 5 mics, it almost always truly was synonymous with "A CLASSIC!" Quite frankly, that WAS a minute ago... as a matter of fact, it was during highschool years and maybe a couple after graduation. I am aware of the fact that Mike Jones, Trina and Classidy might have 5 mics in there these days, TOO. At any rate, I was saying this to say that I have not heard anything else from the album, I was wondering if anyone thought that it really was a step up not only for her lyrical delivery but ALSO content. (Again, noone is talking 180 or Lil Kim bein' "born again".)

And back to your response... I hear what you are saying as well. However, you honestly don't think that Lil Kim has enough intelligence/lyrical ability to come up with something truly worth listening to?

A lil' M.C. history on Kimberly Jones:

She openly has admitted in interviews past that she never really wanted to be a "rap star" but her lover at the time (B.I.G.) pushed her in that direction. She grew anxious at having to go into the studio having to do take after take after take in order to get her flow right. She was however happy with the finished lyrics (B.I.G.) happened to pen for her.

After her meal ticket I mean love interest (B.I.G.) got swiss cheesed up she turned to other M.C.'s to "ghost write" her material.

So, is she capable of pulling off intellectual rap material...I doubt it. Would she desire to make meaningful music that may take away from her getting free clothing from donna versace'...seriously doubt she'd take the risk considering financially she ain't in the best shape despite the lypo suction. Even B.I.G.'s mom says Kimberly has always been a leech.

So, it's smart business sense to put together a pre-prison package to attempt to lock down street cred., for your release date. It's strictly Business to quote EPMD.

P.S. the Source you and I knew growing up is nothing but a shell of it's former self. The last nail is just about in the coffin if no one purchases the mag., even still I doubt that it's reputation can be restored. 5 mics ain't what it used to be.
      In The Midst Of The Secret Wars...Deliberate, Strategize, Execute, Finalize, Clean Up What You`ve Carved Away, Reexamine The Conclusion & The Motivation, Master It, Record The Lessons & Move On!-Daisho*

BlackIsPower is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

I hate to say this but when i first heard that song...... i thought it was Lauryn Hill (lol) but then when i found out it was lil kim i was like damn!!!!!! she back I wouldn't say i'ma lil kim fan but i have either owned or heard all her albums and in the past lil kim came hard on the first album, the second one was cool, the third one nice and now this last one she came hard once again as far as her lyrics go she actually spoke some truth as far as snitches and di*k riders go . lil kim is not what i would call a "deep" thinker so her lyrics aren't thought provoking, and prolly never will be as long as she continues to run after white acceptance, as for The Source i love that mag! it's the only one that actually includes all or most aspects of Hip Hop Culture.....but they messed up on giving lil kim 5 mics the album wasn't spectacular
      Word is bond,bond is life i give my life before my word shall fail /a soldiers oath/freedom or death/I won't stop if I fail,If I fail I get back up can't be soft /gotta be tough/failure is NOT a option/Real recognize Real/let's get it poppin /with mathematics you can solve any problem /that's how we make it to the Top from the Bottom -Dead Prez

Shawnfury2003 is offline Soul Rebel

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Being from bed-stuy. I gotta say that there is truth to her rap.she also doesnt seem to be glorifying it, but she sounds like shes putting the facts out there....Although I dont like her b/c she destroys the essence of a black woman...I can relate to the song..
      ...It Ain't A Game, This is Life...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information