Forgot your password?

GoodRain is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0

Rap Artist's and Acting

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Why are there so many rappers in the movies and on sitcomes than r&b artists? Even in the past has there been any R&B artists in the movies or television. Im not complaining. But my reason is that these rappers get hired because they know a big share of the audience will more than likely be kids and hopefully Black kids. They want us to idolize these rappers because most of the women portray to be hoeish or nice and purky. Nice and purky means acting like alot of White girls do with absolutely no soul. Most of the men rap actors are the ones that like those kind of women.
      The spiritual aware rappers I would bet for the most part have had sitcome and movie leading role offers but probably turned them down to avoid a role displaying bad stereotypes or being part of a like kind of movie.
      Lauryn Hill in the movie "Sister Act" is somewhat of an exception I think.

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by GoodRain
      Why are there so many rappers in the movies and on sitcomes than r&b artists? Even in the past has there been any R&B artists in the movies or television. Im not complaining. But my reason is that these rappers get hired because they know a big share of the audience will more than likely be kids and hopefully Black kids. They want us to idolize these rappers because most of the women portray to be hoeish or nice and purky. Nice and purky means acting like alot of White girls do with absolutely no soul. Most of the men rap actors are the ones that like those kind of women.
      The spiritual aware rappers I would bet for the most part have had sitcome and movie leading role offers but probably turned them down to avoid a role displaying bad stereotypes or being part of a like kind of movie.
      Lauryn Hill in the movie "Sister Act" is somewhat of an exception I think.
      So r&b artists are exempt from these so-called "roles"?
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

In a way for the most part it looks like it.

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by GoodRain
      In a way for the most part it looks like it.
      In what way?
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Nappy is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Its Called Rapsploitation....

I recently had a conversation with a very good friend of minem who happens to be a drama major and actress in NYC. She was telling me that the agency she is respresnted by has offered her several jobs that were stereotypical of Afrikan woman! While mentioning the new 50 Cent movie, supposedly losely regarding his life, we noticed that he appears ro be the only mainstream rapper in the movie. I feel that, as mentioned before, most CHILDREN, not black children, but most children idiolize rappers to such an extreme that movies in which they are acting, are rarely flops. If they dont sell many DVDs, they will have done much better at the box office. Children idiolize a likfe they know they may never be able to live and the glamour that SOME rap is adding to violence and "hustling" is only making these artists become larger icons in every commmunity. I think it it our responsibility to discuss what is and what isn't real to children at an early age. You dont wanna ruin special effects in their own genre of movies, but explain to them that these people get paid good money to act like gangters...pull out a "new age" black movie and prove your point!
      From the minds of many, mighty and strong...
      Came vision and decision to fight the wrong.
      And I am here with my weapons, cocked and ready...
      Eyes cold, arms bold. I'm holdin' steady! -Nappy '05

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

So the companies are acting through the rap stars to effect childrens mind and the rappers dont have a problem with it as long as they get paid. Matter of fact thats the rap motto since the beginning of the 90's. Its get the paper no matter what you have to do. If things dont get better there will be a whole new generation of children with the same attitude. If it doesnt effect Black children though the companies will most likely see the plan as more of a failure.

Thread Information