Forgot your password?

Nesayem is offline Afrika Is In You

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Kanye West Outraged

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Kanye West Sends Out Grammy Warning

SANTA MONICA, California — So what if the Grammy nominations haven't been announced? Kanye West is enraged anyway.

On Monday, when West performed a special high school concert the rapper spouted to MTV News backstage about predictions he'd heard that his Late Registration LP would be a likely contender for Album of the Year — but wouldn't win because of West's tendency to run his mouth (particularly his comment that "George Bush doesn't care about black people").

"If I don't win Album of the Year, I'm gonna really have a problem with that," said West. "I can never talk myself out of [winning], you know why? Because I put in the work. I don't care if I jumped up and down right now on the couch like Tom Cruise. I don't care what I do, I don't care how much I stunt — you can never take away from the amount of work I put into it. So I don't wanna hear all of that politically correct stuff. You put the camera in front of me, I'm gonna tell you like this. I worked hard to get here. I put my love, I put my heart, I put my money [into Late Registration]. I'm $600,000 in the hole right now on that album and you tell me about being politically incorrect?

"People love these songs," he continued. "You talk to somebody whose grandmother just died and listens to 'Roses,' and you tell me about being politically incorrect. I'm talking about history. I never got five mics [top rating] in The Source, I never got five stars from Vibe. They said it's not a classic. So 'Jesus Walks' is not a classic? 'Roses' is not a classic? 'Gold Digger' wasn't song of the year? 'Oh, but Kanye, you can't say that.' Why? Who are you? I don't know you."

West mocked artists who "love everybody except themselves," calling it "cliché media training." He also made it clear he's not planning to shut up anytime soon.

"I said I was the face of the Grammys last year. I'm 10 times that [this year]," West said. "Get your cameras ready. Two things: Do not let me get up on that stage and do not let me get up on that stage. Either way, we going crazy!"

The Grammy nominees will be announced on Thursday, and the ceremony is scheduled for February 8 in Los Angeles.

Last fall, West attacked the American Music Awards backstage at the event after losing Best New Artist to Gretchen Wilson. That tantrum made West a focus at the Grammys in February, where he was the leading nominee (with 10) and won three awards, including Best Rap Album for The College Dropout and Best Rap Song for "Jesus Walks" (see "Kanye Steals The Show, But Ray Dominates Grammy Winners' Circle"). In Sunday's Los Angeles Times, critic Robert Hilburn wrote that the Recording Academy, which organizes the Grammys and is considered by some to be late in recognizing new artists, could reclaim credibility this year by giving West the Album of the Year. There was no mention of West's rants.

Also on Monday, West revealed the next single from Late Registration will be "Touch the Sky," which in some ways is a response to his critics.

" 'Touch the Sky' is what my life is about, it's what this year's been about," he said. "To anyone that feels like something is so far away, [the song is] just the concept of actually being able to leap above the environment that you're in. All the naysayers and the haters and people say, 'You'll never make it that far, you'll never make it out of this town, we'll call you,' and all those things, and finally you get the opportunity to touch the sky. That's what this year's about, so no matter what they give to me or try to take from me, there's nothing you can take from me. We've already touched the sky.

"With or without any accolades, whatever it is, the fact that people listen to this music and it's connected with people, the fact that you see fans crying in the audience — you can't tell me anything after that because there's so many places and establishments where people are out of touch," he continued. "When someone hears your song and cries, then you're in touch and that's what matters. At that point, you feel like you've touched the sky."

Check out "All Eyes On: Kanye West," only on Overdrive.

— Corey Moss

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Kanye is STILL trippin' off of the Grammy's, eh?

WHY?
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Khadijah is offline Afrikan Queen

Thumbs Up/Down

Let it go Kanye

He lost it out because of Bush bashing!

Who needs Grammy's anyway?

Jaha is offline Empress

Thumbs Up/Down

Musical Spin on It

"We prefer Self-Government...with danger--- to servitude in tranquility.
      -Kwame Nkrumah

LIFE is for the LIVING.

-EOTO (Each One Teach One)

Queen_T is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Will our "enterainers" get out of the yt man's azz, They're laughing at the way
      he's cryin' like a baby for not gettin' their acceptance. I remember when in hip-hop you got love from the streets you did'nt need no award, We still want they love\accolades no matter what,My how little progress we've made.

Kanye should already know how yt Amerikkka feels about him, Is he that delusional???

SheRose is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Dag, if he's so good, why's he so concerned about receiving something from the White Man? It should be enough if his own people accepts him don't you think?

Catcha lata! (((putting on a KRS-ONE cd)))

Sherose

freepoet is offline Freedom Fighter

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Cool ego ajustment bigtime

like Dave Chapelle said''Im gonna miss him''Kanye ''knows'' what time it is but he has an EGO problem.second im sure he made his money back in ''aces''.I think what hes sayin is ,befor the ''Remark''he was a ''shoe in ''for the Grammy.he said what he felt.But to ''threathen ''to go ''off...mmm thas ''takey''that will isolate him from people''all people''Im in the Sreen Actors guild,and ''Hollywood''dont want you there anyway.So he know that the Music industry is the most treterous of all the Arts.Ita all about ''Payola'' claer channel controls whats played and when$$$$.He shoul keep his head up.an keepsteppin makin good records!or else the people that come to see him will be cryin llike ''nate dog''when he enters a room...OHH NOOO.

khaladeen1 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

" You See"

They got us so dam side tracked in this country" Kanye shouldn't be disturbed by what happened if it is a result of speaking the truth on his records-
      The day I determine how nigga I'm going to be because of the wyt man will be the day, that I tie the nuse around my own neck!!!!!!

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Did this brother just say "...how nigga I'm going to be..."? That's deep!

khaladeen...get at me about what that meant, my brotha! (PM or public...doesn't matter) Peace!
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

freepoet is offline Freedom Fighter

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Wink Kanye Big ego small thoughts

When I was asked to find someone to shop demos for a Rap group in Prison,their Lawyer referred me to a Brother in NYC. When I spoke to him,I asked his bio,credentials, etc.We didn't have 250K that he was asking to do promo and advertising etc.So basically he didn't comment on the groups music which was straight up ''FIYA'' I made a remark ''Well if it was Kanya West's music and not even half a sgood you'd take it cause he's got the bread.And the Brother left me know that he'd managed Kanye back in the Day..Then of course the converstion shifted, I said...so what's his Problem?And It's hearsay but,The deal is That he had to borrow money had to practically sleep on the street, and the Sacrifice all in all,that kinda damaged him.Now he's Ego Personified.Like Most Celebrity's,there ''Ham's'' when The camera is Rolling..that free Publicity and Keeping a ''Buzz'' for their name is all that matter's .It's the nature of The beast.I said he's no different than anyone else, if you want something bad enough you have to earn it.Dont hate the Playa Hate the Game!

Thread Information