Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

She's a H.A.M.!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      This female is a H.ot A.ssed Mess!!

I wonder what this here 'Ultimate Makeover' gon' be like. I wonder if Tina Knowles has an A&R deal with Jay-Z? If ny1 ever needed her, this one does.

Unfortunately, we can't afford to turn our attention away from the entertainment industry b/c of its use as a tool against us, however we can direct our enrgy towards disrupting the $$ that flows from this garbage.

This crap is "mental drugs" and one way that we can affect it is to seriously go after the advertisers who promote their products on urban radio and these video shows.

Urban radio DJs must be called to account. Nobody is entitled to a 'living' in such a way that it harms the mental health of our people.

Uhm, I would suggest that this is a "mental health" issue, and framed properly could be a potent rhteorical retort against this crap.

RIGHT NOW, ALL BETS ARE OFF, NOBODY GETS A FREE PASS. EITHER YOU ARE FOR HEALTHY, HEALING/HEALED AFRICAN LIFE OR YOU ARE NOT. YOU CANNOT SERVER TWO MASTERS, FOR YOU WILL HATE ONE AND LOVE THE OTHER.

This is a consumer issue, and C. Delores Tucker -may she rest in peace, was on point about this issue. Perhaps we should study her philosophy and methodology of responding to the entertainment-cloaked 'mentacide' of our people and youth.
      Counter-measure: the range and frequencies for short-wave radio have been expanded, which means that un-licensed radio spectrum is available for grass-roots radio. Somma' us who participate on these boards know conscious rap and music inside/out. Why not start a radio station that plays and "breaks-down" these artists' philosophies and music and at the SAME TIME promote African businesses in your communities.

With the internet technologies that are free and available, the shows can be streamed over the net, and podcasted for download to MP3 players.

Our methods and outreach must adapt with our audience. If music is a viable platform to draw the ear of our audience, then we must embrace it.

A hot technique that could be used is to do a "mash-up" of songs- merging lyrics from one song or songs with the beat of other songs. Mixers have been doing this for ever. If its the beat that "gets 'em" -and with Africans, it usually is, then give it to 'em.

in this war for "hearts and minds" we have to use every tool available to fight the good fight.

Coordinating this effort in the 27 cities that Africans in America have a large presence could make this an effective tool.
      "Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED"

Wamukota X is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

It appears that Ice Cube's words may be prophetic,

Pretty soon Hip-Hop won't be so nice
      No Ice Cube just Vanilla Ice
      You'll sit and scream and cuss
      But there's no one to blame but us

Thank you Jay-Z and others for weakening and diluting another art form created by Blacks.

BICRE is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

All people classified as 'white' by the White Supremacists are Racist suspects.

Some 'white' people have no intention to be Racist but have been conditioned to support White Supremacy from childhood with or without their parents permission.

BLACK UNITY WEEK 2006

All 'white' females support, promote, sustain, protect, enforce and enjoy the benefits of White Supremacy.

http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/london-uk/

BICRE

British Independent Commission for Racial Equality

Thumbs Up/Down

Black Unity Week 2006

It is possible that some White Supremacist business men from the UK went to see some White Supremacist businessmen, who are in control of the Black music market, in that region to request some propaganda assistance.

If this deal is a result of such a plan it is good news as they will be unwittingly adding fuel to the fire that is about to consume Racism in Britain.
      BICRE

Jamie is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

What's up wit dat?

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
      What's up wit dat?
      What's up wid what?
      BICRE

Dino is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

this is why i dont even listen to rap anymore..

godisblack3 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

I Still Want To Hear What She Has To Say...i Ain't Gonna Immediately Tear Her Down Just Because She's White.the Beastie Boys Will Always Get My Respect In Hiphop, Because They Are True To The Art,not To Mention They're Straight Musicians, & They've Been Out Since '85.if She's Wack & Blows Up Anyway{since Wack Is The Fresh Of Today & Rawskills Is Now Considered Wack}then I'll Be Pissed Off.until Then, I'm Open To Listening To This Lil White Chick.

John P. is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

let's be real...

she can be nice as hell...can you actually listen to a white girl spit to in you radio and blast that...naw...she might have skills but what's she's gonna to say that's gone have you like you can relate to her...she a white girl in the U.K......1...COME ON
      I'm like Martin Luther king, people listen to me alot/
      it's non-violent non-violent, till i'm hit wita rock/
      then it's coretta fuck this, gone hand me my glock/ -50cent

Gotta dope dealers bop, wita righteous state of mind/
      Guess i'm half of my pops, enlighten by the qu'ran/- ME

Nefertiti is offline TOO BLACK TOO STRONG!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 5/0

Arrow

This is BULLSHIT!! corny bullshit JAY-Z and the corny ass white girl i aint giving her no benefit of the doubt

Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0

Arrow

Greetings John P., RBG, Shwanfury2003, bigdaddiej, Ifasehun, GODFATHA, Wamukota X, BICRE, Jamie and Dino!

I appreciate everyone taking the time to join in the discussion and sharing your comments.

The only thing this chile have going for herself is the fact that she is white and will continue to get a break even in rap. As the saying goes, she white, she right.

This chile so called talent is only about someone showing her which door to knock on where the negroes behind the door won't remember their days on the plantation.

As many really talented sisters and brothers who are still trying to get a break to be noticed or heard in the rap game, Jay-Z goes and find miss hefanella and everyone talking bout she have talent.

Before he got to her talent, why he not taking notice of the real sisters out there who might have someting to say to benefit the masses of us as a people.

In my opinion Jay-Z full of bull as usual. He need to act like he have the talent for common sense, and show that he has some sense.

Stay Blessed Everyone!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.

If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!

Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

Working together, the ants ate the elephant.

Hue-Man is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

"Remember when rock and roll was black?". Pretty soon wer'e gonna be asking that same question about hip hop. These sellouts in hip hop have no sense of anything. Nobody could relate to a cracka who lived in a trailor park, raped his mom, and killed his wife in front of his daughter on every album, but that didnt stop him from selling millions of copys, because these sellouts in hip hop were ready to welcome him with open arms faster than they would have their own brotha. The same thing in this case. It seems as if their always looking for something new, even if they cant relate to the subject matter, and you know how it is with hip hop, or should I say rap music, something new becomes something old quick, but stays the same for a while because of unoriginality. That means haveing white rappers on your label is going to become somewhat of a trend, a trend thats gonna stay the same probably for years to come until rap is entirely tooken over by yt.

cephalocide is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

I don't think of her as a culture bandit. Her music style is considered "grime", which isn't purely black. Grime is aggressive electronic dance music with incoherant and distorted vocals, it barely has any hip-hop and rap elements.

Why people call her a rapper is beyond me, all she does is mumble and shout.

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Talking question people

jahness and rebel afrika whatever happened to bro imortal tech,is he still around
      ,i havent heard from him.i can picture imortal tech slapping the shit outtta jay z
      lol.

sotito! sododo! soora masika!
      " perform truth,perform righteousness,perform kindness and avoid cruelty!"

Nipa nye abe dua na ne ho ahyia ne ho. Or, Se mmerenkensono si ne ti ase a, na ewo dea asase reka kyere no. Also, Nnua nyinaa bewu agya abe.

Dino is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

personally, white = corny, automatically to me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information