Thread: Grillz

Draptomania is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Grillz

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I RARELY listen to the radio...one day I was in my car and I switched CD's and before I put the other one in, I heard this song....I sat and listed in awe...this is a damned shame...

They standin outside of 'Derrty Grillz', in a line about 20 deep, and a lil dude jumps out the door(with a superman outfit on) flashing the gold in his little mouth before his mama takes him off.....
      Just look at the first line of lyrics in this song!!! Watch the video if you can.....

Rob a jewelry store and tell em make me a grill
      uh, uh
      Had a whole top diamonds and da bottom rows gold
      Yo we bout to start an epedimic wit dis one
      Ya'll know what dis is so so def
      [Nelly]
      Got 30 down at da bottom, 30 mo at da top
      All invisible set, In little ice cube blocks
      If i could call it a drink, Call it a smile on da rocks
      If i could call out a price, Lets say i call out alot
      I got like platinum and white gold's, Traditional gold's
      Im changin grillz errday, Like gin change clothes
      I might be grilled out nicely (Oh)
      In my white Tee (Oh)
      Or a south beach (Oh)
      In my wife beat (Oh)
      vive usteded, You can tell when they cut it
      You see my grand mama hate it
      But my lil' mama love it
      Cuz when I
      Open up ya mouth ya grill gleamin
      Eyes stay lo from da chiefin
      I got a grill i call penny candy
      You know what dat mean
      It look like now or later, gum drops, jeally beans
      I wouldnt leave it fo nutin, Only a crazy man would
      So if ya catch me in ya city, Some where out in ya hood
      Just say.....
      [Chorus]
      Smile fo me daddy
      (What you lookin at)
      Let me see ya grill
      (Let me see my what)
      Ya, ya grill ya, ya, ya grill
      (Rob da jewelry store and tell em make me a grill)
      Smile fo me daddy
      (What you lookin at)
      I want to see your grill
      (You wanna see my what)
      (Had a whole top diamonds and da bottom rows gold)
      [Paul Wall]
      What it do baby
      Its da ice man paul wall
      I got my mouth lookin somethin like a disco ball
      I got da diamonds and da ice all hand set
      I might cause a cold front if i take a deep breath
      My teeth gleaming like im chewin on aluminum foil
      Smilein showin off my diamonds sippin on some potin ore
      I put my money where my mouth is and bought a grill
      20 carrots 30 stacks better know im so fo reel
      My motivation is from 30 pointers V VS to frontin my mouth
      P sippin similize obsessed
      I got da wrist wear and neck wear dats captivatin
      But its what smiles dat got these arms lookin spectatin
      My mouth piece simply ertified a total package
      Open up my mouth and you see mo carrots than a salad
      My teeth are mind blowin givin everybody chillz
      Call me George foreman cuz im sellin everybody grillz
      [Gipp-Ali]
      Gipp got dem yellows, got dem purples, got dem reds
      Lights gon head and make you woozie in ya head
      You can catch me in my 2 short drop
      Mob got colors like a fruit loop box
      Dis what it do when da lou
      Ice grill country grammer
      Where da hustle's move bricks
      and da gangsta's bang hamma's
      Where i got em you can spot them
      On da top in da bottom
      Gotta bill in my mouth like im Hillery rottom
      I ain't dissin no body but lets bring it to da lite
      Yeah was da first wit my mouth bright white
      Yeah ho came focus out they eyesight blurry
      Tippin on some fo's you can see my mouth gurry
      I got fo different sets its a fabolous thang
      1 white, 1 yellow, like fabolous chain
      and da otha set is same got my name in da mold
      Had a whole top diamonds and da bottom rows gold
      [Girl]
      Boy how you get grill that way and
      How much did you pay
      Every time i see you
      Tha first thing im gon say is.....
      [Chorus]
      Smile fo me daddy
      (What you lookin at)
      Let me see ya grill
      (Let me see my what)
      (Rob da jewelry store and tell em make me a grill)
      Smile fo me daddy
      (What you lookin at)
      I want to see your grill
      (You wanna see my what)
      (Had a whole top diamonds and da bottom rows gold)
      ~Insert profound statement here~

RASNUBIAN is offline grounded in truth i stand

Thumbs Up/Down

Hip Hop Makes Me Sick Period.....im Through Wit It! If It Aint Rbg Or Some Type Of Conciousness To It Im Done Wit It.
      "AS YOU FREE YOUR MIND FROM THE BEAST...DONT FORGET TO FREE YOUR BODY".............NUDITY IS NATURAL.

Queen_T is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

This retard music is setting us back so far it ain't even funny (Some don't agree), The women in the video standin' around wit they tits' out while that moron raps about expensive teeth.

We've got the key to unlock our mental shackles but we refuse to use it.

Thumbs Up/Down

i thought the video was silli but it's betta to rap about a Grill than killin folks...... i would rather hear my lil boy rap about the clothing and mouth grill he got than what gang he from and who somebody done killed.....so wen u think about it it's not that bad!
      Miss Malika
      Young_African_Queen

John P. is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

i didn't think too much of the song...actually can't lie i listen to it...had a nice beat to it that kept me trapped...this is the least our worries you know...1...
      I'm like Martin Luther king, people listen to me alot/
      it's non-violent non-violent, till i'm hit wita rock/
      then it's coretta fuck this, gone hand me my glock/ -50cent

Gotta dope dealers bop, wita righteous state of mind/
      Guess i'm half of my pops, enlighten by the qu'ran/- ME

Kimani is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Young_African_Queen
      i thought the video was silli but it's betta to rap about a Grill than killin folks...... i would rather hear my lil boy rap about the clothing and mouth grill he got than what gang he from and who somebody done killed.....so wen u think about it it's not that bad!
      Quote Originally Posted by John P.
      i didn't think too much of the song...actually can't lie i listen to it...had a nice beat to it that kept me trapped...this is the least our worries you know...1...
      i was thinking that grillz would not be that bad in a different cultural context; Afrikans are flashy folk; decorating ourselves in various ways appears to be deeply embedded in our cultural genes; but the context is not different, and reality is what reality is; we know that Afrikans are dying daily, have died by the millions over the diamonds and gold that "grillz" celebrates; its a big deal because its more than about just one song; its related to a general theme in hip hop and it also serves to uplift fools like Nelly and Paul Wall; Nelly is most likely the biggest fool in Hip Hop today, he appears to lack any moral/ethical foundation and will do anything for money; there is a degree of arrogance in Nelly's music that is quite apparent; he basically says, "I can get you to do anything I want"; "Watch me make a song about grillz, and watch how the children, adults buy grillz and my album"; "I have power, what yall gon do about it? hahahahaha"; Paul Wall, on the other hand, is white and a fool; its not useful to draw a distinction here between violent rap and materialistic rap; they are no doubt related; look at the first line of the lyric if there is any question about this; Hip Hop is in a very sorry state; and quite dangerous; our children should not be subjected to any of this madness; and we need to get a real serious smear campaign going against these lunatic rappers.
      "The problem with modern conceptualizations is it leaves no room for other sources of knowledge...The Kemetic concept approaches the process of knowing from a more 'common sense' approach. Ultimately knowing is the result of a divine, universal, and intergenerational conversation among God the creator, the cosmos, nature and the creatures of the earth, especially human beings...the process of human creativity is an imitation or rather repitition of divine creativity."--Jacob Carruthers

RASNUBIAN is offline grounded in truth i stand

Thumbs Up/Down

Hold Up, Wait A Minute!!!

this is the least our worries you know...1...
      THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AND THE MINDSTATE OF OUR YOUTH THROUGH THIS MEDIUM IS ONE OF OUR BIGGIEST WORRIES....WHATS ON YOUR MIND BROTHA?......IF ITS THIS B/S THEN I SEE WHY YOU SAID ITS THE LEAST OF OUR WORRIES....YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE!
      "AS YOU FREE YOUR MIND FROM THE BEAST...DONT FORGET TO FREE YOUR BODY".............NUDITY IS NATURAL.

Neophyte is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by kimani
      Nelly is most likely the biggest fool in Hip Hop today, he appears to lack any moral/ethical foundation and will do anything for money; there is a degree of arrogance in Nelly's music that is quite apparent; he basically says, "I can get you to do anything I want"; "Watch me make a song about grillz, and watch how the children, adults buy grillz and my album"; "I have power, what yall gon do about it? hahahahaha";.
      Finally somebody says it like it is. Amen to that. It was refreshing to hear someone speak about this from the real. It is true, not only does Nelly do this but other so called "hip-hop" artist. Hip hop is not what it use to be, it is a dying out like prehistoric dinosaurs. You do have some distant cousins of it though, but they are rare and not easily seen. You have to know where and how to look. But back to this power kimani speaks of, these "artist" are our only out for themselves they will say and do anything for $$$$. Nelly and others clearly understand the powerful influence that they posses over young children, but instead of uplifting them and giving them songs of hope and wisdom they choose to fill the speaker waves with utter nonsense and ignorant ramblings. None of these "artist" really care about our community, Mr. Charlie is calling and they are running. Show me a "artist" who stays true to himself and I will apologize for what I am about to say. Most "artist", or entertainers are flat out Uncle Toms, the worst part about it is that they mask themselves with stories on how hard they had it in the"hood". Then "we" the consumer, eat up like they are real or something. If we really take a closer look we will see that as soon as that "artist" got that first check, what did he or she do with it, nine times out of ten they got the hell up out of the "hood". Not even looking back. Ask them with that platinum selling album, you had to get some substantial amount of money, who did you help back in your neighborhood? Where do you live now? The "hood" you glamorize so often ain't good enough to lay your head down? And most "artist will feed you some bull, about safety, but in their songs the hood is their home, how could you fear your home? It's all a pile of bull shit. They rap about things that go on sure, but they are not experiencing it first hand anymore and neither are they helping fix it. If anything they are helping the destruction of our communities. If at anytime you find yourself with the ability to be able to speak to the masses you must take and seize that opportunity to spread social, and educational conscious. NOT BULL-SHIT
      God Is Love

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by RASNUBIAN
      THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AND THE MINDSTATE OF OUR YOUTH THROUGH THIS MEDIUM IS ONE OF OUR BIGGIEST WORRIES....WHATS ON YOUR MIND BROTHA?......IF ITS THIS B/S THEN I SEE WHY YOU SAID ITS THE LEAST OF OUR WORRIES....YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE!
      i'm saying we got bigger problems then a song and if you think not you lost. we shouldn't focus on that song because 1.) that's not the worse song in rotation on the radio 2.) we got people killing eachother over others things, and they not GRILLZ 3.) we gotta high school drop out rate that shooting up and they aint leaving for GRILLZ 4.) We got teen pregnancy and abortion hitting the roof ans ceiling and once again i don't think they doing that over a GRILL...GET MY POINT. WORRY BOUT OTHER ISSUES AND THIS WILL DRAIN OUT TRUST...1

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Com'on...think about what you're saying, John.

i'm saying we got bigger problems then a song and if you think not you lost. we shouldn't focus on that song because 1.) that's not the worse song in rotation on the radio
      I agree...but that doesn't mean that it is not detrimental to our cause.

2.) we got people killing eachother over others things, and they not GRILLZ
      You have to realize, the GRILLZ are actually a symbol of MONEY. Money is what many of our people are killing/being killed over.

3.) we gotta high school drop out rate that shooting up and they aint leaving for GRILLZ
      So, how does this song encourage our students to stay in school, or encouraging them do do ANYTHING AT ALL but rob jewelry stores and floss mouth jewelry?

4.) We got teen pregnancy and abortion hitting the roof ans ceiling and once again i don't think they doing that over a GRILL
      Again...is this song the answer? Is it helping or harming our cause?

WORRY BOUT OTHER ISSUES AND THIS WILL DRAIN OUT TRUST...1
      Misplaced priorities...if not the biggest, definately ONE of the biggest problems our people face. This is just a blunt example. We can't let so many things slide anymore brotha. We can't let things like Three Six Mafia on the Oscars slide anymore. We can't rappers like Nelly slide anymore. They must all be held accountable for their deeds.

I have to disagree with you on this one, bruh!
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

Thumbs Up/Down

the song is not helping or harming the cause it's just a song. these people who listen to the song have minds,they can think. who gone "rob jewelry store and say make me ah grill", you know how long that take. haha..this is just a silly song. peopel listen to it cause it's funny nothing they trully take serious. i listen to it because i like it, it's funny to me. this just a silly song and nothig more than that....1

MidWestGirl is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Ok, all of you make some good points,but the main problem I and many other ppl have with hip hop nowadays is the subject matter is too narrow.....Contrary to what most ppl that don't know anything about hip hip think, there has always been a Gangsta/ pimp braggadocio element to the music....That said, the problem now is everybody only wants to say what will sell.. 15/17 years ago there was still something for everybody, now they are just marketing to one demographic for the most part.... If you could not get with N.W.A there was Public Enemy.. If you did not feel Tribe Called Quest there was Digital Underground, back when it was still cool to be underground...lol...The female rappers were trying to uplift women instead of make us look like money hungry "diggers" .....and there was still a difference between sexy and sluty!!!!!! Even the Gangsta rap that was out 15yrs ago had a political force behind it; it wasn't just about calling someone a b!tch for shock value.... When Ice Cube said nigger, he said it with a, "I'm a man, I can say what I want" power, now ppl just say it cause it rhymes with the next word!!!!!! I believe in freedom of speech and expression, but with that, I think something of purpose needs to be said too....I don't mind the "shake yo' ass ho' records", but there needs to be a balance, and we have lost that...Hip Hop has become one demensional in the last ten years, and that is what I think is killing it!!!!!!!!
      Living life to the fullest everyday...

Denise X is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Queen_T
      We've got the key to unlock our mental shackles but we refuse to use it.
      {QUEEN_T}

Right on!!

Music for Black people has been one of OUR biggest strengths; its no wonder why YT is doing everything in its power to annialate REAL Black music that made you feel and think from your soul. If people would listen to a message in a song that made you think about the world around you....there would be no people like BUSH, or YT (period) could not get in the minds of Black people and OUR youth simply because WE are teaching OURselves.

Black music period (r&b/hip-hip/rap/jazz) is exactly were YT wants it; in a disarray full of simple minded, materialistic, superficial, self-(loathing)(absorbing) mess so that later on YT has SOMETHING to blame US for and label US as terrorist. And back WE go to 400 years of oppression cuz WE still haven't learn how to quit making deals with the [devils] and tell them where the fuck to go with their lies and deception .
      "Don't Let The World...Change Your Mind" ~~Maurice White Earth, Wind, and Fire ('Be Ever Wonderful'....'All 'N All ' album)

Thread Information