Forgot your password?

Epitome is offline Super Producer

Strong Island, NY by way of North Carolina
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 3/0

Hip Hop Belongs to African People

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      It is my belief that we, those of African ancestry should control our music. In this case hip hop and r&b. I agree that music is a universal language and anybody can have skills. Shit look at Eminem and Remy Shand. But the music and the money should be controlled by US. We need to control our distribution and have our completely independent labels. Imagine a Black Recording label that can rival and outshine the likes of BMG Universal and Sony. THere are more than enough rappers, producers and athletes out in the industry with the means to make this possible. We should put our money together and form a conglomerate if you will. SO we can market the truth and not the stories(the fake ones that glorify Niggativity). marketed correctly our youth would buy these and fill their heads with knowledge and strength. We must take the Black Power approach of being self sufficient with out the help of the caucasion and his money. This will in turn root out the bullshit that they make us create just so we can pay bill and buy all the unneede fancy cars and clothes. We must take back what we created and make it work for us not just a Wu-Tang Clan sized group of emcees and producers but the whole of our people. This is my opinion of how hip hop must come full circle as a mature adult. let me know how you feel about this.

Hotep

GoodRain is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0

I agree whole heartedly. Most of these Hip Hoppers only have intentions of keeping your mind childlike and unmature. They want to just keep you dancing and nodding your head. These kind of songs are glorified. Real music doesnt put you into trances. It leaves you filled and satisfied. All of this music with the fake instrumental put you in trances making the little wisdom that the words have come out one ear and out the other. Either that or the person ends up intaking the rubbish and truth together making it a lie.
      This about the music is generally speaking. I know even the best of Public Enemy albums didnt exactly have all tambourines and pianos either. But nobody is perfect in this day and age and you search for the best and work with what you have.

Kushnology is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Here are some brothers on the other side of the Atlantic in Hip Hop.

www.africanhiphop.com
      "I for one believe that if you give people a thorough understanding of what confronts them and the basic causes that produce it, they'll create their own program, and when the people create a program, you get action."

- Malcolm X

John P. is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

We had black labels but they got muscled-out. it's ah dirty game and the leaders of this music industry making it more and more harder to even start distribution companies. only one to own the music and that's artist refusing to sign to these corporate thugs in ah suit and all go underground making money mostly off concerts while saleing their music online where consumers can download it 24/7. that's the only way i see it happening....1...
      I'm like Martin Luther king, people listen to me alot/
      it's non-violent non-violent, till i'm hit wita rock/
      then it's coretta fuck this, gone hand me my glock/ -50cent

Gotta dope dealers bop, wita righteous state of mind/
      Guess i'm half of my pops, enlighten by the qu'ran/- ME

Thumbs Up/Down

I See That

i feel you but my argument is this...ALL HIP HOP MUSICIANS, CEOS, A&R'S PRODUCERS, ENGINEERS... of African decent need to unite combine funds and create our own music without the nod of approval from the white people who run the big labels. if we stopped do you really think that there are that many slim shady's and alchemist's out there to create the beats and rhymes....my theory is a big fat HELL TO THA NAW!!! but what you said does make alot of sense, hell, that is what's going on RIGHT NOW but we need to pool our money. and shut the outsiders out.

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

I agree that Hip-Hop belongs to African people...to the extent that African people can control the accessibility of Hip-Hop to others.

GoodRain is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Epitome
      i feel you but my argument is this...ALL HIP HOP MUSICIANS, CEOS, A&R'S PRODUCERS, ENGINEERS... of African decent need to unite combine funds and create our own music without the nod of approval from the white people who run the big labels. if we stopped do you really think that there are that many slim shady's and alchemist's out there to create the beats and rhymes....my theory is a big fat HELL TO THA NAW!!! but what you said does make alot of sense, hell, that is what's going on RIGHT NOW but we need to pool our money. and shut the outsiders out.
      I would say if we stopped in time there could be enough Slim Shadeys. With more Latinos and Europeans in the game yep. But what kind of hip hop do you want? Slim Shadey and Snoop or Mos Def and Lauryn Hill?

godisblack3 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

THE GOD RAKIM said it himself on the EMCEE:

As long as THEY{CORPORATE CRACKKKAs} OWN the MASTERS & RUN the INDUSTRY, the music is gonna CONTINUE to sound the way THEY want it to. WE NEED to HAVE FULL OWNERSHIP of OUR MUSIC.{these were not his exact words, nevertheless THIS IS equivalent to the point that RA was making}.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GoodRain
      I would say if we stopped in time there could be enough Slim Shadeys. With more Latinos and Europeans in the game yep. But what kind of hip hop do you want? Slim Shadey and Snoop or Mos Def and Lauryn Hill?

yeah there will always be a few representatives of "blue eyed soul" look at alot of jazz musicians but Kenny G (bad example) cannot even begin to compare to a john coltrane or charlie parker. anyway, to answer your question...L-Boogie and the Mighty Mos Def all day, everyday, and TWICE on sunday!

Thread Information