Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Universal Zulu Nation Calls Emergency Meeting to Recapture Hip-Hop

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Universal Zulu Nation Calls Emergency Meeting to Recapture Hip-Hop
      By Chris Richburg
      Date: 2/17/2006 3:40 pm

The Supreme World Council of the Universal Zulu Nation will hold an emergency meeting Feb. 22 to address what the group feels is an imbalance of Hip-Hop played on radio and TV stations.

Expected to appear at the meeting to support the Universal Zulu Nation and founder Afrika Bambataa include Hip-Hop activists Kevin Powell, Davey D, Rosa Clemente and April Silver; rapper KRS-One; the Temple of Hip-Hop, educator and filmmaker Martha Diaz; Public Enemy frontman Chuck D; photographer Ernie Paniccioli; Rock Steady Crew member Crazy Legs.

According to representatives for the Universal Zulu Nation, Bambaataa hopes steps will be taken to bring consciousness back to Hip-Hop.

"We are not saying to stop playing what you are playing on the air or showing on the TV, but to have balance and play it all, old-school to new-school to be true school," representatives for Bambaataa said in a statement.

The group hopes a plan of action will be devised to curtail "death and destruction playing on radio and TV music video shows."

The coalition of artists and activists hope to stop being scared to expose "record labels, radio stations, TV Hip-Hop shows or whatever shows that show us in a BS vision of just being pimps, playas, gangsters and hoes, straight up niggers, wiggers or any other derogatory words that they use and we use to call ourselves."

The emergency meeting starts at 6 p.m. at the National Black Theater, 125th Street and Fifth Ave. in New York City.

The Universal Zulu Nation was formed in the 1970's by Africa Bambaataa.

From allhiphop.com.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Kentake is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Talking

Hotep family!,
      I AM TRULY OVERJOYED TO READ THIS!! ....i have been waiting for somethang of this nature 2 take place in the global Afreekan community. ALL PRAISES 2 OLODUMARE!!! i haven't been in2 hip-hop since the days of SALT N PEPA, BIG DADDY KANE, KRS-1, PUBLIC ENEMY, HEAVY D, BLACK SHEEP and TLC....gawd! those were THE GOOD OL' DAYS!! 1ST THANG for them 2 do is kidnap 50CENT and deport him somewhere in rural Afreeka 4 him 2 be SEVERELY re-schooled under the leadership of an honoured, respected and morally disciplined Afreekan elder (this action may save Afreekan lives...FOR REAL). next is Beyonce ....she need 2 take off those shiny doorags she using as her "wardrobe" and get a sistah some new clothes and a complete make-over ...i'm serious!!....LOL!!!!-wish i could be there!!....if you are attending send my love, respect and adoration!!

SANKOFA!,
      Sistah Kentake.
      Asase Ye Duru=Mama Earth has weight!!

"SISTARS!, Black people will NEVER BE FREE unless Black Womb-men
      participate in EVERY ASPECT of our struggle, on EVERY LEVEL of our struggle."

Honourable OhemaaAssata Shakur

''Black Womb-man and Child....for you i have sooooo much love!!"
      Sizzla Kalonji

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Kentake
      Hotep family!,
      I AM TRULY OVERJOYED TO READ THIS!! ....i have been waiting for somethang of this nature 2 take place in the global Afreekan community. ALL PRAISES 2 OLODUMARE!!! i haven't been in2 hip-hop since the days of SALT N PEPA, BIG DADDY KANE, KRS-1, PUBLIC ENEMY, HEAVY D, BLACK SHEEP and TLC....gawd! those were THE GOOD OL' DAYS!! 1ST THANG for them 2 do is kidnap 50CENT and deport him somewhere in rural Afreeka 4 him 2 be SEVERELY re-schooled under the leadership of an honoured, respected and morally disciplined Afreekan elder (this action may save Afreekan lives...FOR REAL). next is Beyonce ....she need 2 take off those shiny doorags she using as her "wardrobe" and get a sistah some new clothes and a complete make-over ...i'm serious!!....LOL!!!!-wish i could be there!!....if you are attending send my love, respect and adoration!!

SANKOFA!,
      Sistah Kentake.
      Sista' Keep on being a Soul-Journer for TRUTH!!
      "Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED"

GoodRain is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

The Hip Hop Has Been Gone From Rap Music

The majority of popular Hip Hop music as been changed to gangster rap and hip hop culture has been changed to gangster hip hop culture.
      The term gangster rap was created by Dr. Dre. Every since the debut of his former group NWA gangster rap in some shape or form has been on the rise. They all use the stoagies in the mouth for the pictures and flyers representing Scarface. They all use the gangster movie samples in their music.
      Some of them have the music videos showing exchanging of cash from hand to hand which sublimanly promote drug selling.
      Gone are the likes of "Rappers Delight", Kool Moe Dee, and Melle Mel.

But today they might blend the old school rap with the gangster part. Thats like blending lies and truth. Its no good and is used fool you or pull the wool over your eyes.

If old school hip hop is going to blend with something it needs to be concious lyrics.

Thread Information