Forgot your password?

Thread: G-Unit Crips

Nesayem is offline Afrika Is In You

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

G-Unit Crips

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Nesa Notes: See how all that Get Rich or Die Tryin' Propaganda played out! 50cent could care less about the loss of this young persons life. I'm sure he will try to make money off of it by adding a clip about it in his next film.

TULSA, Okla. A 16-year-old Tulsan appears to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Police say Johnny Young Junior was killed when someone fired into a crowd early Saturday that reportedly included rival gang members.

Young -- a student at the Tulsa High School for Science and Technology who played on the football team -- wasn't a gang member and was struck in the head by a bullet.

Detectives arrested two other teens early yesterday and they were booked into the Tulsa Jail. An 18-year-old is being sought as a person of interest in the case.

Witnesses have said the suspects are members of or had ties to the Hoover Crips gang and were shooting at a crowd that included members of the G-Unit and Neighborhood Crips gangs.

Officers found the 16-year-olds at their homes and took them in for questioning before arresting them.

Young's funeral is scheduled for 11 A-M today at the First Baptist Church North Tulsa.

John P. is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

naw these children are stupid...at 16-18 you have a mind of your own and understand the effects of your actions. i think if 50 never made music these kids would still be fuck ups and that's real. i can't blame that man or anyother person who talks about violence when it comes to situation like this, i will just say it's messed up that they chose to take a persons life. we can't shift the responsibilty off the people involved and throw it on the artist but that's just how i feel....1.
      I'm like Martin Luther king, people listen to me alot/
      it's non-violent non-violent, till i'm hit wita rock/
      then it's coretta fuck this, gone hand me my glock/ -50cent

Gotta dope dealers bop, wita righteous state of mind/
      Guess i'm half of my pops, enlighten by the qu'ran/- ME

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I agree with you partially, John. But I do believe that it is also the fault of those who promote this lifestyle. Our young soldiers look up to these musicians to tell them what's current and what's new...or how should they live. And when the musicians show through their music that being 'gangsta' is the thing to do...what do you think they are going to do? Yeah, we have minds of our own, but when those of us who are easily influenced are influenced punks like 50 and Jeezy, what do you expect? So, yeah they should SHARE the blame.
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

General is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

50 or 2 quarters is a tool, Most of these Negro's are stupid. Grown folks that go to places where this filthy stupid, childish music is played are Negro's. Sometimes U have Conscious folks participating in these little so called parties with this stupid music. Some Negro's even have the nerve to have some damn "Nubian Line Dancing". This is in a UNIA Newspaper. I get tired of Need to Grows putting on Afrikan Clothes and cover their unconscious behavior with Negro things like G-Unit Music. Well, personally I get a laugh now out of insane movies like State Property. We have to partially stay connected to know what these folks are thinking about. I want to first engage some of these folks and teach them how to really bang, when they should bang and who to bang on!

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

what kind of parent allows their children to keep G-Unit music in the house, on the computer etc?? 99% of all "rap" music is for adults. I dont even let my son listened to edited music. and these children copying behind a "man" (Spider-Loc) who doesnt even have a record yet, and calling themselves "GUnit Crips" thats lunacy.

I hope people finally admit - Rap Music is having a negative impact on our children...and it doesnt have to.

I feel like I have to protect my son against Rap AND Hip-Hop. EPMD told us ten years ago, "rap is outta control". (and no, i wouldnt let my son listen to EPMD either lol)
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Kimani is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

this is sad story, i been around cats who used this gangsta rap music to "charge" themselves up to go out and commit crimes, and as justification/reinforcement for their actions (selling drugs, random violence, etc); ive never tried to get them to stop listening to it but i have tried to get them to focus in on what these people are saying, to understand why they listen to it, to not try to emulate these nuts, and to use the anger as "positive" energy; i've never liked g-unit, in fact, utterly and completely dislike pity-cent but i will confess i do listen to some gangsta rappers; its one of those contradictions that i have not overcome yet; it has served for me as a way to release some pent up anger without snapping the eff off, too much; growing up around these bruhs i also see them as very misguided, it there nothing to be said for their drive, for some of their abilities to overcome their circumstances and create something?; they are ignorant, no doubt; i place some of the blame on their ignorance on us though; who is educating these folks? when have they been exposed to alternative ideas? they are ill, thats not to say much though, since most of our people are as well.
      "The problem with modern conceptualizations is it leaves no room for other sources of knowledge...The Kemetic concept approaches the process of knowing from a more 'common sense' approach. Ultimately knowing is the result of a divine, universal, and intergenerational conversation among God the creator, the cosmos, nature and the creatures of the earth, especially human beings...the process of human creativity is an imitation or rather repitition of divine creativity."--Jacob Carruthers

Queen_T is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Rap music is destroying us, I hate to say it like that but it's real.

General is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

I don't listen to no Gangsta rap. Actually, If we didn't laugh, we'd go crazy with the stupidity. The music even rubs off on Poets. Sometimes the Poets interact with Rappers so now U have rappers i.e. Thugs calling themselves Poets. They usually spend an inordinate amount of time on non-develpmental activities. They usually can be seen walking around town because somehow they believe they are chasing their dreams and that their art is what they are supposed to do. I know one who graduated college that has one child and lives with his mother. Well not a totally big problem, at least he graduated, but he depends on this as if this is the last thing on the planet.

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

Thats why you have artists such as Gravediggaz, Sunz of Man, Dead Prez, Chuck D, KRS 1, and Gza in the HipHop Kulture. The PopRap influence is loud and obnoxious so stay away from that PopRap stuff. Pick up the new Public Enemy album that should change your mind about HipHop.

Cuts4Luck is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

John u right

We can't blame music, movies and video games for our societies problems. Maybe if we took our kids fishing, to the park and museum and did other thing that allow us to chop game with them, maybe, just maybe we wouldn't have such ignorant offsping. We have to have constructive conversation about music, movies and video games with our children. Not just buy it for them just to keep them occupied for a few hours. Kids are an investment and you only get out what u put in.

jamal-s is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by Cuts4Luck View Post
      We can't blame music, movies and video games for our societies problems. Maybe if we took our kids fishing, to the park and museum and did other thing that allow us to chop game with them, maybe, just maybe we wouldn't have such ignorant offsping. We have to have constructive conversation about music, movies and video games with our children. Not just buy it for them just to keep them occupied for a few hours. Kids are an investment and you only get out what u put in.
      I agree with that. But I would also say that rap can be blamed, or has an influence at the least. Take Screw music for example (which usually stays underground for the most part). It got started with people drinkin "purple stuff/drank/barr/codiene" and the music copies the effects that it has on you when you high off the drank. It started with people in the community already using it, then after the music spread "drank" became more popular and its use was maintained. The same thing goes for the Hyphy movement and extacy, and for the trends that are set in popular rap in general. (Although a lot of Screw artists get "deep" or concious to a degree in thier music.) The mindsets in the music were already in the community prior to the music, but the music also plays a role in maintaining those mindsets.
      So if I should ever fall and get caught in a hustle
      Let em know that I died while I fought in a struggle
      From the hoodrats to rich kids lost in a bubble
      Spray paint it on the streets and in the subway tunnels
      Write it down and remember, that we never gave in
      The Mind of a Child is where the Revolution Begins
      So if the solution has never been to look in yourself,
      How is it that you expect to find it anywhere else?

- Immortal Technique

BLACK MINDS DEVELOPMENT (BMD)

Thread Information