Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
      godisblack3 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Daisho
      Rakim Hands down,

If you check Ra's technique even on a literary level his approach to writing is vastly superior in its internal composition. People say Rakim doesn't "teach" or "drop knowledge" obviously they haven't listened to follow the leader and every album since. Ra delivers without preaching or contradiction...He is who he claims to be.
      EXACTLY, Daisho,EXACTLY.

Ra also carries himself like a mans man and people can relate to it...someone said white people can relate to him more...Meanwhile they're still tryin' to decipher Lyrics of Fury...go figure.
      WHITE PEOPLE CAN RELATE TO HIM MORE? WHO THE HELL even fixed their mouth to say THAT BULLSHIT?

It's comedy that they'd have college classes on someone like 2pac but not Ra...Ra has a style likened to Miles Davis or John Coltrane with Some Monk and Mingus in his think tank.
      Indeed, God....Rakim is effortlessly JAZZY.Listening to him flow is no different than listening to a Jazz record.

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

Anyone that chooses Kool G. Rap as best of anything except the category of "best wife beater" is tripping. I have said it before and I will say it again, you have to be able to TALK to be considered a good MC. Only Sermon gets away with a lisp...only Sermon.

Lastly, KRS1 would CRUSH Rakim in a battle. It would be messy, but I have NO doubts how it would turn out. Other people that should never EVER challenge KRS1 to a battle:

T.I., MC Lyte, Scarface, Jay-Z, Nas, Ice Cube, Fat Joe, Large Professor, Q-Tip, Beanie Segel, B.I.G.'s Ghost, Common, Andre 3000, Big L's Ghost, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J..and all them other cats. (by all i mean every single person that raps on Earth)

In short, KRS1 is the G.O.A.T. contradictions aside. (Like wearing gold and diamonds and saying you're a proud black person isnt the biggest contradiction of them all?)

* walks off feeling really smug lol *
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thumbs Up/Down

Ifasehun.........

Quote Originally Posted by IfasehunReincarnated
      Anyone that chooses Kool G. Rap as best of anything except the category of "best wife beater" is tripping. I have said it before and I will say it again, you have to be able to TALK to be considered a good MC. Only Sermon gets away with a lisp...only Sermon.
      KOOL G RAP's lisp originated with HIM in 1986 with It's a DEMO, & he will ANNIHILATE E-DOUBLE{who came out in 1987} in a battle,& E KNOWS this.& U & anybody sayyin that G-RAP ISN'T one of the G.O.A.T.s need ta leave the crack alone. Only thing that turns me off with Kool G. over the years is talkin all that gangsta hoopla...I overstand his trying ta keep up with the times, however he has faaar too much skills to stress that side of the rap market.What's so ironic is he has never received his deserved recognition in the game FINANCIALLY,because he will BUST ANY & EVERYBODY's SHIT in gangsta rappin.ANY & EVERYBODY.& DAMN near everybody MINUS the gangsta shit.If anything, as raw as the Kool Genius is as an emcee,I don't see him LOSING to ANYBODY.He'll catch a draw with certain heads,leaving the battle scarred maybe,but he ain't being thrust into OBLIVION,as he would do mostly every other emcee out there.

Lastly, KRS1 would CRUSH Rakim in a battle. It would be messy, but I have NO doubts how it would turn out. Other people that should never EVER challenge KRS1 to a battle:

T.I., MC Lyte, Scarface, Jay-Z, Nas, Ice Cube, Fat Joe, Large Professor, Q-Tip, Beanie Segel, B.I.G.'s Ghost, Common, Andre 3000, Big L's Ghost, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J..and all them other cats. (by all i mean every single person that raps on Earth)
      I wouldn't say CRUSH,kid.I see those 2 being a draw, because I can't see either one of them LOSING.When U LOSE a battle it's because U GOT ROASTED.& ain't NOBODY ROASTIN THOSE 2.As for your list of names, only one I see surviving battling KRS ONE is BIG DADDY KANE & MAYBE L.L.

Marley MARL made an interesting comment on the JUICE CREW vs. BDP era....he said KRS pulled a real slick move by attacking the Juice Crew's WEAKEST LINKS- Roxanne Shante & M.C. Shan.WHY didn't he come after KANE or KOOL G.RAP on the South Bronx & Bridge is OVER 12"s? HUNH?
      Meditate on THAT, bruh!

Daisho is offline The Ghost Swordsman

B.K.N.Y. The Far East: Onyx Buddha Has Risen
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

LOL wowzers...KRS ONE bullied one rapper from Queens named Shan and he's the "greatest" o.k., slowly walk away from the Ms. Melody Burgers and Harmony Fries...and have some D-nice with your Just-Ice Shake and stop feelin' like a Mad Lion...lol.

KRS is Nice Dudes stage show is perhaps the dopest in hip hop he's a phenom! without a doubt but lyrics...c'mon song for song PUT IT ON THE LINE...everyone that says KRS is the so called greatest (why doesn't anyother genre have this issue) again needs to evaluate pen to paper listen and observe.

If anyone has a memory or grew up when Mr. Magics rap attack came on WBLS might recall a show when a certain JUICE CREW ALL-STAR named Big Daddy Kane called KRS out and the battle never happened...not sayin' dude was shook...I guess just not listening to ohhh the entire NYC or Tri-state area that night awaiting his response.

granted both suffered from some-timey production in recent years but these cats stand strong...

and oh lets give justice where due to other unsung influences for m.c.'s...

M.C.'s like Slick Rick, Kool Keith, Kane (like RA, one of the most prolific ghost writers), G Rap, Melle Mel, EPMD who is extremely underrated...

RA's material ages very well, same can be said KRS's material...but Ra's got that fine wine pedigree while KRS has that Flash you back to Youth and coming into your own quality. I'd never dis either.

Infact these are 2 m.c.'s that haven't battled so who can call it...do you go with RA's depth and scenery or do you go with KRS's Boom Bap rawness...the end result can depend on the quality of listener or the make up of a crowd.

Are we implying that kings and queens in Afrika didn't wear gold????
      In The Midst Of The Secret Wars...Deliberate, Strategize, Execute, Finalize, Clean Up What You`ve Carved Away, Reexamine The Conclusion & The Motivation, Master It, Record The Lessons & Move On!-Daisho*

John P. is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Nas is the greatest...period...line for line song for song....and no one has ever made a battle song as great and creative as ETHER...Nas too humble but he know he'll smash them old heads...after hearing KRS-1 go after Nelly in a song, i knew he aint have it in em. The messed up part about the Nelly thing is Nelly responded to the old head and Krs-1 got humbled and said he respect him...so Hell no to Krs-1... AND Ra, Ra came with bangers....BUT THESE OLD CATS COULDN'T EVOLVE WITH THE GAME,THEY STILL CAN'T EVOLVE THEIR BARS. THEIR PATTERNS PREHISTORIC,ONLY OLD I SEEN DO IT (EVOLVE WITH TIME) WAS MAN JAZ-O, DAYUM JAZ-O CAN OUT DO THEM CATS IN MY OPINION...JAZ-O WILL MURDER THEM CATS IN AH BATTLE..

Daisho is offline The Ghost Swordsman

B.K.N.Y. The Far East: Onyx Buddha Has Risen
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

oh Nas a.k.a. dr. Lazy albums...
      3 legit classic albums tops

Yes, he is one of the greatest Yes he can roast many an m.c.

You know why that is...

because he patterned himself after the oldheads ie., Rakim, G Rap and Kane.

besides we're getting off the top and title of the thread don't you think?

stick with the issue..and we'll get to Dr. Lazyalbums at a later date.

next you'll be opening the doors up to all the Tupac worshippers who think he's the greatest...lol.
      In The Midst Of The Secret Wars...Deliberate, Strategize, Execute, Finalize, Clean Up What You`ve Carved Away, Reexamine The Conclusion & The Motivation, Master It, Record The Lessons & Move On!-Daisho*

Thumbs Up/Down

i'm counting 5 albums on that Nas classic's response...Illatic,it was written,Nastradamus,lost tapes,-n-Stillmatic

but you right back to topic....

Thumbs Up/Down

u want the truth?

Kris is great dont get me wrong...BUT..he cant eff with The God!

Uhuru

Thumbs Up/Down

Common* walks off feeling really smug lol *
      Common smashed Kris bruh..I got da mixtape-yall can get it off of ARES or LIMEWIRE...lol

Thumbs Up/Down

Whoever heard Class of '87 on TONY TOUCH's album, KNOWs that KRS's verse was KORNY AS HELL in comparison to KANE & KOOL G's!!!They let off the UZIs while KRS ONE licked off the 22,LOOOL!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by John P.
      Nas is the greatest...period...line for line song for song....and no one has ever made a battle song as great and creative as ETHER...Nas too humble but he know he'll smash them old heads...after hearing KRS-1 go after Nelly in a song, i knew he aint have it in em. The messed up part about the Nelly thing is Nelly responded to the old head and Krs-1 got humbled and said he respect him...so Hell no to Krs-1... AND Ra, Ra came with bangers....BUT THESE OLD CATS COULDN'T EVOLVE WITH THE GAME,THEY STILL CAN'T EVOLVE THEIR BARS. THEIR PATTERNS PREHISTORIC,ONLY OLD I SEEN DO IT (EVOLVE WITH TIME) WAS MAN JAZ-O, DAYUM JAZ-O CAN OUT DO THEM CATS IN MY OPINION...JAZ-O WILL MURDER THEM CATS IN AH BATTLE..
      dont ever mention Nas when we are discussing grown men. Nas couldn't stand a one minute battle w/ Kane, Rakim or KRS. he is one of nicest rappers of his "time" but not the genre. in fact, and listen carefully, a often clowned rapper named Biz Markie could if he applied himself beat Nas. (yall better go back to "You Caught the Vapors" and check this man's skills)

Thumbs Up/Down

If Common wrecked KRS in a battle is because he didnt know the tape was on record. lol Common is a good battler but he isnt ready for KRS. Again I state KRS can destroy any MC on any day over wax, in live show, in the barbershop or on the corner. He can rap to gangstas, preachers, intellectuals, women, children, men, pacifists and hustlas. And I have to say for nearly 5 years he loudly proclaimed "I invented every single rap style currently being used." and not a single rapper, not a ONE, including Rakim, stepped up and said "thats a lie" lol He said it in every article, every show etc.

sidebar: can negroes please stop acting like Yo MTV Raps was the first rap tv show. Rap City w/ the Mayor had that on lock for OVER 4 years. (all this talk of old school got me wanting to say that lol)

Thumbs Up/Down

now we can go pull lyrics up and compare it's nothing...i know who would...win haha

Thumbs Up/Down

sidebar: can negroes please stop acting like Yo MTV Raps was the first rap tv show. Rap City w/ the Mayor had that on lock for OVER 4 years. (all this talk of old school got me wanting to say that lol)
      the first ever video show displaying the TRUE HIPHOP videos is VIDEO MUSIC BOX on Channel 31 {channel 25 NOW}in NYC, ever since 1984,produced by Ralph McDaniels.

Thumbs Up/Down

Annihilation!!!

If Common wrecked KRS in a battle is because he didnt know the tape was on record. lol Common is a good battler but he isnt ready for KRS. Again I state KRS can destroy any MC on any day over wax, in live show, in the barbershop or on the corner. He can rap to gangstas, preachers, intellectuals, women, children, men, pacifists and hustlas. And I have to say for nearly 5 years he loudly proclaimed "I invented every single rap style currently being used." and not a single rapper, not a ONE, including Rakim, stepped up and said "thats a lie" lol He said it in every article, every show etc.
      Oh they were at a radio station bruh so they knew it was live as well as taped and Common

even had to bail Kris out a few times.

Nas would absolutley destroy Big Daddy Kane...Then and now! Kane was 1 and done. Every

album after Long Live was whack as I dont know what and i bought them so I

should know..lol. NOONE i repeat NOONE wants to battle Nas after Ether and

his version of The Bridge is over" reckin his own fellow QB homies. Big Daddy

Kane got too damn sexy as his career lengthened. Now if they battled

2DAY..Nas would eat Kris alive and spit him out then maybe give Kris a line to

help him in the battle. KRS1 had a show here in detroit this past summer

with X-Clan Dj Quick MC Lyte Whodini...(i believe that was all) and Kris

freestyle skills have diminished dramatically. Nas is the best lyricist in the

game today in my opinion and I say that without thought. Nope not even

Talib or Common can touch Nas! Wait...maybe Stic Man from Dead Prez ..but

thats it! But we gotta give the God from the QB SOME credit now...the kid is

nice and anyone who appreciates lyrics can F*ck with Nas...

Jerejef Ndugu!!...And even before that here in the D we had black owned and operated shows called Contempo, The Scene and The New Dance Show.
      The last 2 being owned by this brutha named R.J. Watkins. MTV wasnt even tryin to see no shines when hip-hop had its genesis. Hell they didnt even wana put MJ on there did we think they were gonna have Melle Mel on there???..lolololol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information