Thread: Breath of Life!

nattyreb is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0
      Given: 0/0

Breath of Life!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Kalamu and Mtume ya Salaam's rich and lush site bringing a serious conversation about some serious Black music to the internet. The jukebox is very nice blackground music, as well.

http://www.kalamu.com/bol/
      "We must continue to move forward and do everything we can to outlaw legal lynching in America. We must continue to stand together in unity and to demand a moratorium on all executions. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. We will prevail. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight." -- Excerpts of Last Words of Bro. Shaka Sankofa, an innocent man executed by the state of Texas, 6/22/00. www.myspace.com/nattyreb7

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by nattyreb
      Kalamu and Mtume ya Salaam's rich and lush site bringing a serious conversation about some serious Black music to the internet. The jukebox is very nice blackground music, as well.

http://www.kalamu.com/bol/
      Yeah, I've been checking out this site for a minute. It's an excellent music site. I especially love it how it the music changes often, and one can go check out the archives to see past discussions about the music that was featured on the site.

I remember seeing a thread like this before in this forum, but I can't find it, so I'm going to leave this open.

P.E.A.C.E.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

nattyreb is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

Asante sana for your response! i'm so glad somebody here is "feeling" me on this, the discussions are such an important piece to the site. in fact, i'ma tune in now while i'm typing.

Forward ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Raha
      Yeah, I've been checking out this site for a minute. It's an excellent music site. I especially love it how it the music changes often, and one can go check out the archives to see past discussions about the music that was featured on the site.

I remember seeing a thread like this before in this forum, but I can't find it, so I'm going to leave this open.

P.E.A.C.E.
      "We must continue to move forward and do everything we can to outlaw legal lynching in America. We must continue to stand together in unity and to demand a moratorium on all executions. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. We will prevail. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight." -- Excerpts of Last Words of Bro. Shaka Sankofa, an innocent man executed by the state of Texas, 6/22/00. www.myspace.com/nattyreb7

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

Peace NattyReb.

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
      Peace NattyReb.
      Is that all you have to say in this thread, GF? It's good to give peace to Sister nattyreb, but you failed to comment on the site (the content, the look, etc. etc.).

I think that it would be better in the future for you to actually have more substance with your responses. Thanks.

Asante sana for your response! i'm so glad somebody here is "feeling" me on this, the discussions are such an important piece to the site. in fact, i'ma tune in now while i'm typing.

Forward ever!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Raha

P.E.A.C.E.
      I agree, Sister. The discussions are an integral part of the music that is displayed. I appreciate greatly how they break down the impact the music has had, the breakdown of the making of the music, and just the overall DEPTH to everything on the site.

I appreciate it even more, seeing how Brother Kalamu kept the site going (as well as his e-drum mailing list) in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Much respect to him.

P.E.A.C.E.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Thread Information