Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 4/0
      Given: 0/0

RBG Street Scholars Think Tank-A Cyber College of Revolutionary Hip-Hop Knowledge

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Hotep Family:
      I am a physician and educator that for the past two years has been blessed with the opportunity to work for 12 to 15 hours a day designing and developing a Radio and TV-driven African Centered Cultural Development and Leadership Digital College-in the image and interest of Afri-Essence.
      Below is an Intro to the Sch---Please give me some feedback-and how to I get this thang off the ground?

RBG Street Scholars Think Tank
      (aka the Red, Black and Green School)

IMPORTANT NOTE: IN OUR SCHOOL PROPER ALL PHOTOS, ICONS, CLIPART, AND UNDERLINED WRITINGS ARE HOT-LINKED TO THE LEARNING OBJECTS AND STUDY RESOURCES THAT ARE THE SEQUENCED AND CONCENTRICLY INTEGRATED CONTENT OF SCHOOL’S CORE CURRICULUM

[CENTER]RBG Street Scholars Think is Comprised of Four Levels of
      Concentricly Integrated Learning Objects (from G.E.D. to Ph.D.):[/
      CENTER]
      Level I:Video Clips, Message Music, Mini-Lectures,Commentaries and Photo-Stories,
      Level II:
      adds PowerPoint-Driven Multi-media Shows,
      Level III: adds Word Photo-Essays and Web Link Outs and
      Level IV: adds Scholarly Excel Charts, Tables & Graphs and PDF Documents

We offer RBG Street Scholars Think Tank in the spirit of Sankofa—a word from the Akan language of Ghana which means” We must go back and reclaim our past so we can move forward; so we can understand why and how we came to be who we are today.

PREFACE-RETURNING TO THE SOURCE:

IN CLASSICAL AFRIKAN (KEMETIC) PHIOLOSOPHY THE HUMAN BEING AND HUMAN REALITY WERE GOVERNED BY THE BASIC DIVINE LAW OF “TO BE A SPIRIT”. THE MORAL MANDATE OF AFRIKAN HUMANITY WAS “TO BECOME AND IN BECOMING”---THE PERSUIT OF SUCH DIVINE LAW AND MORAL MANDATE WAS REFLECTIVE OF ONES PERSUIT OF GODLINESS. EDUCATION WAS KEY TO THIS PROCESS-TO BECOME AND IN BECOMING A MORE PERFECT BEING. FOR OUR AFRIKAN ANCESTORS EDUCATION AND SCHOOLING WAS ULTIMATELY ABOUT A PERSON BEING TRANSFORMED FROM A LESSER MATERIAL BEING TO A GREATER SPIRITUAL BEING. DR. E. CURTIS ALEXANDER DEFINES AFRICAN CENTERED EDUCATION AS SYSTEM OF SEQUENTIALLY PLANNED EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES PROVIDED FOR AFRICAN HERITAGE CHILDREN, YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS TO DEVELOP THE NECESSARY AND REQUIRED SKILLS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GLOBAL MARKETPLACE WITH SPECIFIC INTEREST ON THE UPLIFTMENT AND EMPOWERMENT OF THEIR AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITIES AND THE TOTAL DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH OF THE AFRICAN CONTINENT. THUS, RBG STREET SCHOLARS THINK TANK IS ABOUT USING HISTORY AND THE MEDIUM OF AFRICENTRIC CULTURE TO FACILITATE A FORWARD-LOOKING AND FUTURISTIC EDUCATION PEOPLES DEVELOPMENT

REAL EDUCATION=TRAINING AND SKILLS + KNOWLEDGE OF SELF

THE EDUCATION OF ANY PEOPLE SHOULD BEGIN WITH THE PEOPLE THEMSELVES.... THE CHIEF DIFFICULTY WITH THE EDUCATION OF THE NEGRO IS THAT IT HAS BEEN LARGELY IMITATION RESULTING IN THE ENSLAVEMENT OF HIS MIND.
      -- DR. CARTER G. WOODSON, "THE MIS-EDUCATION OF THE NEGRO, (1933)

FROM OPPRESSION TO LIBERATION THROUGH RELVENT EDUCATION:
      “RBG STREET SCHOLARS STYLE”

EDUCATORS AND CIVIC LEADERS OF THE 21ST CENTURY WHO WANT TO HISTORO-CULTURALLY, SOCIO-POLITICALLY AND PSYCHO-EDUCATIONALLY ENGAGE AND EXCHANGE WITH YOUNG PEOPLE SHOULD SEE “HIP HOP/RAP CULTURE” AS A FRUITFUL AVENUE TO ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS. ALTHOUGH THE HIP HOP/RAP SUB-CULTURE IS WIDE SPREAD, PARTICULARLY IN RELATION TO URBAN BLACK AND BROWN YOUTH, SUCH A ROAD IS WEIGHTED DOWN WITH LANDMINES; GIVEN THE CONTROVERSIAL LYRICS OF SO CALLED GANGSTA RAP, THAT TEND TO SENSATIONALIZE VIOLENCE, CRIME AND SEX AND RAP MUSIC VIDEOS THAT DEPICT WOMEN AS SEX TOYS. NEVERTHELESS, AS AN EDUCATOR INTENT ON THIS PATH, THE CHALLENGE HAS BEEN BFOR ME TO FORMULATE TEACHING/LEARNING STRATEGIES THAT USE HIP HOP/RAP TO FOSTER YOUNG BROTHERS AND SISTERS INTEREST IN AND ENGAGEMENT WITH COMPUTER LITERACY AND PROFICENCY, BASIC EDUCATION SKILLS AND AN INTEGRATED UNDERSTANDING OF ISSUES THAT IMPACT THEM AS INDIVIDUALS, MEMBERS OF AFRIKAN AMERICAN FAMILIES AND THE BLACK COMMUNITY AT LARGE.

THIS NEW USE OF HIP HOP/RAP TO FACILITATE SERIOUS STUDY IS A SHARP DEPARTURE FROM THE TRADITIONAL EUROCENTRIC APPROACHES TO “EDUCATING” STUDENTS OF COLOR.

THUS,WE MUST FOREWARN THE PERSPECTIVE STUDENT; “THIS SCHOOL DOES NOT SERVE TO JUSTIFY THE STATUS QUO AND / OR MAINTAIN SOCIAL CONTROL. RATHER, BY DEMONSTRATING THAT ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE FOR AFRIKAN PEOPLE STRAPPED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF SELF, BASED ON THE WIDE STRIDES ALREADY TAKEN BY OUR ANCESTRAL AND ELDER SCHOLASTIC GIANTS, IT IS AN INSTRUMENT FOR LIBERATING SOCIAL CHANGE AND ‘NEW’ AFRIKAN CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT,”(“FUNCTIONAL MELANINIZATION”). BY SERIOUSLY STUDYING OUT OF THESE CLASSROOMS THE RESULT WILL BE NOTHING SHORT OF AFRIKAN SELF AND COLLECTIVE RESCUE, RESTORATION AND TRANSFORMATION. YOUR MIND (BRAIN CIRCUITRY /INTERCONNECTEDNESS) WILL RADICALLY CHANGE THE VERY MECHANISM OF HOW IT WORKS.

WITH STRICK ATTENTION TO DEVELOPING OUR STUDENT’S BASIC EDUCATION SKILLS IN THE CONTEXT OF THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE, SUITABLE FOR ONE TO CONFIDENTLY SIT FOR HIGH STAKE EXAMS, WE SIMUTANEOUSLY ADVANCE THE PSYCHO-EMOTIONAL HEALING AND SPIRITUAL UPLIFTMENT OF OUR PEOPLE BY PROVIDING KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM AND OVERSTANDING OF THE HISTORO-CULTURAL, SOCIO-POLITICAL AND PSYCHO-EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES OF AFRICANS IN AMERICA IN AWAY THAT RADICALLY REAPPRAISES EDUCATION FROM THE PAINED AND ANGRY PERSPECTIVE OF THE OPPRESSED BLACK COMMUNITY.
      WITH THE PRESENT DAY HIGH RATES OF BLACK ON BLACK HOMICIDE, SUICIDE, AND IMPRISONMENT AND A RISE IN SINGLE-PARENT HOMES, RAMPANT POLICE BRUTALITY, UNPRECEDENTED UNEMPLOYMENT, AND BLACKS USE OF POPULAR (ENEMY) CULTURE (THROUGH MUSIC, VIDEO GAMES AND POPULAR MOVIES) TO CELEBRATE "ANTI-INTELLECTUALISM, IGNORANCE, IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD, DRUNKENNESS, DOPE DEALING, WEED SMOKING, COCAINE, X-PILLS, LOOSE SEXUAL BEHAVIOR AND CRIMINAL LIFESTYLES/THUGGISM"; WE HAVE CHOSE TO DESIGN A CURRICULUM THAT, RATHER THAN GETTING CAUGHT UP IN THE ENTERTAINMENT / BLACKPLOTATION ASPECTS OF HIP HOP/RAP, WILL USE HIP HOP/RAP WITHIN A HISTORO-CULTURAL, SOCIO-POLITICAL AND PSYCHO-EDUCATIONAL FRAMEWORK TO ADDRESS THESE VARIOUS DEATH WALKS FORTHRIGHTLY. OUR NEW METHODOLOGICAL STYLE IS INTENDED TO GET OUR YOUNG PEOPLE TO BEGIN TO THINK CRITICALLY ABOUT THEMSELVES, THEIR WORLD AND THEIR ROLE AS PEOPLE OF AFRIKAN DESCENT.
      THE WORK IS A COMPREHENSIVE (BUT ONLY A CORE FRAMEWORK) SURVEY OF SUBJECTS AND TOPICS THAT HAVE CONFRONTED AFRIKANS IN AMERICA THROUGHOUT OUR 246 YEARS OF CHATTEL SLAVERY, 100 YEARS OF APARTHIED AND ONLY “ONE GENERATION OF FREEDOM” HERE IN AMERICA. I LIKE TO DESCRIBE THE SCHOOL AS A “CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP TRAINING COMMUNIVERSITY”. FROM OUR RESEARCH, WE HAVE DETERMINED THAT THE IDEA OF SANKOFA, WHICH MEANS "WE MUST GO BACK AND RECLAIM OUR PAST SO WE CAN MOVE FORWARD; SO WE UNDERSTAND WHY AND HOW WE CAME TO BE WHO WE ARE TODAY", REALLY ENCOMPASSES THE WHOLE AFRIKAN-CENTERED IDEAL. NONETHELESS, AS THIS IS A WORK IN EVOLUTION AND ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, WE HAVE CHOSEN TO FOCUS OUR TEACHING/LEARNING JOURNEY MOST DIRECTLY ON THE PAST 45 YEARS OF OUR STRUGGLE FOR HUMAN AND CIVIL RIGHTS—THE THEME “THE MORE THE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THINGS STAY THE SAME, WE NEED A REVOLUTION, THE SYSTEM AIN’T GONA CHANGE UNLESS WE MAKE IT CHANGE”. THE CONTENT AND CHARACTER OF THE CURRICULUM IS AFRIKAN-CENTERED AND THE GOAL IS ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE IN PERSUIT OF BLACK POWER. WE TEASE OUT THE SOCIAL, POLITICAL, ECONOMIC AND MORAL IMPARATIVES OF BLACK POWER IN THE 21ST CENTURY BY ZOOMING IN ON TWO POVITAL QUESTIONS THROUGHOUT OUR COURSE OF STUDY “WHAT IS BLACK OPPRESSION IN AMERICA AND WHAT IS LIBERATION? ”

BLACK OPPRESSION: BORN IN THE U.S.A.

CURRENTLY, SOME 70 PERCENT OF THE 2 MILLION PEOPLE IN U.S. JAILS, PRISONS AND DETENTION CENTERS ARE PEOPLE OF COLOR; APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN. WITH THE HIGHEST INCARCERATION RATE IN THE INDUSTRIALIZED WORLD, THE UNITED STATES IS ONE OF THE FEW DEVELOPED COUNTRIES WITH CAPITAL PUNISHMENT AND ONE OF A FEW DEMOCRATIC NATIONS (UP UNTIL THIS YEAR, 2005) TO EXECUTE MINORS. 5.1 MILLION PEOPLE ARE UNDER CORRECTIONAL CONTROL IN THE U.S. WE ARE OFFERING THIS SCHOOL TO OUR PEOPLE IN THE INTEREST OF HABILITATION. THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM FOR OUR HIP-HOP / RAP GENERATION THAT CONTAINS KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM AND OVERSTANDING THEY CAN RESPECTFULLY CALL REAL EDUCATION FOR THE BLACK MAN/WOMAN IN THE HELLS OF 21ST CENTURY AMERICA.THIS IS TO SAY, THE SCHOOL HAS BEEN DESIGNED SO AS TO ENABLE US TO CREATE JOBS FOR OURSELVES BASED ON THE PROBLEMS AND ISSUES PLAGUING OUR FAMILIES AND COMMUNITIES. STUDIES ARE DISTRIBUTED BETWEEN TWO DISTANT BUT INTERCONNECTED PHASES. IN PHASE THE LEARNER WILL ENGAGE THE CORE CURRICULUM— SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THESE FOUNDATIONAL STUDIES IS A PRE-REQUSITE FOR ENTERY INTO PHASE II STUDIES. IN PHASE THE SCHOOL BECOMES A COMPANION TO ALL BLACK, BROWN AND RED YOUTH/YOUNG ADULT THAT THINK THEY MAY WANTS TO BECOME A COMPUTER SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/ PROGRAMMER, WEB MASTER, ALCOHOL AND DRUG COUNSELOR, BIOMEDICAL SCIENTIST/ RESEARCHER, SCHOOL TEACHER, MEDICAL DOCTOR OR PARAPROFESSIONAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDER. WHETHER ENROLLED IN RBG STREET SCHOLARS THINK PROPER (A STREET SCHOLAR IN RESIDENCE) OR ATTENDING ANOTHER HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE, RBG WILL BE YOU ACADEMIC SUPPORT SYSTEM. RBG STREET SCHOLARS THINK TANK TAKES PRIDE IN BLURRING THE LINE BETWEEN URBAN YOUTH IN THE COMMUNITY AND THOSE IN TRADITIONAL COLLEGES. WE TAKE PRIDE IN EDUCATING STUDENTS FROM DIVERSE BACKGROUNDS AND THUS, A MAJOR THURST OF THE SCHOOL IS TO MAKE NULL AND VOID THE REPRESSIVE TRICKNOLOGY OF THE “THUGGISM-DOPE GAME-PROBATION-PAROLE-PRISON WAREHOUSING-SLAVERY BACK IN EFFCT COG”.

NOTHING IN LIFE IS TRULY OBJECTIVE, SO DON’T GET THAT EUROCENTRIC SCIENTIFIC METHOD, B.S., TWISTED. TO A VERY LEARGE DEGREE THIS SCHOOL IS ABOUT MY JOURNEY; AND MY IS THE JOURNEY OF THE OPPRESSED, TAUGHT WITH STRICK ATTENTION TO SCHOLARSHIP AND THOROUGHNESS, RBG STREET SCHOLAR STYLE.

THIS STORY, THIS CREATION, THIS SCHOOL IS ABOUT MY STRUGGLE AND THE PEOPLE WHO INSPIRE ME. IT REFLECTS WHO I AM AND HOW I LIVE AND HAVE LIVED. A GHETTO BORN AND BREAD, DRUG INFESTED AND VIOLENCE INFECTED NEWARK, NEW JERSEY NIGGA (NOT NIGGER / NEVER IGNORANT GETTING GOALS ACCOMPLISHED) THAT HAS ABSORBED THE LESSONS OF OUR ELDERS AND ANCESTORS AND THUS, RECONCILE MY GIFTS WITH THE MOST HIGH TO CULIMINATE IN THIS EDUCATIONAL OUTLINE. BUT, NO MAN IS AN ISLAND, GIL SCOTT HERON SAY “ANI’T NO SUCH THING AS SUPERMAN.THEY SAY BLACK PEOPLE CAN’T UNITE AND I SAY THEY’RE A LIE. THAT IS WHY RBG’S MARCHING ORDER AND GUIDING PRINCIPLE IS “ONE PEOPLE, ONE LUV, ONE STRUGGLE, ONE DESTINY AND ALL IN THE SAME GAME”.

ONE PEOPLE, ONE LUV, ONE STRUGGLE, ONE DESTINY AND ALL IN THE SAME GAME

I BELIEVE THAT THE FIRST THING WE MUST DO TO BECOME A UNIFIED COLLECTIVE IS SEE OURSELVES AS SUCH. A PICTURE IS WORTH MORE THAT A THOUSAND WORDS AND THE REVOLUTION IS IN THE MUSIC. THIS IS WHY OUR SCHOOL IS DRIVEN BY RBG STREET SCHOLARS RADIO AND TV. THUS, MY CHALLENGE AND HUMBLE APPEAL TO ALL TRUE HIP-HOP HEADZ, SCHOLARS, EDUCATORS, ENTERTAINERS, ACTIVIST ETC. DEPICTED IN THIS WORK IS AS FOLLOWS “THIS IS A UNIVERSITY/ AFRIKAN INTELLIGENCE AGENCY IN EVOLUTION, THE INFORMATION YOU PHOTO BRINGS WHEN ONE CLICKS ON YOU IS NOT WRITTEN IN STONE AND THEREFORE I WELCOME YOU CONTRIBUTION (WORDS AND DEEDS) FOR INTEGRATION INTO THE CURRICULUM—THIS IS OUR SCHOOL IN THE MAKING---THE PANTHERS USE TO SAY “YOU’RE EITHER PART OF THE SOLUTION OR THE PROBLEM.”

TOWARD A "NEW AFRIKAN" WORLD UNION

FINNALY, PLEASE LET US BE CLEAR, THE MAIN GOAL OF THIS SCHOOL IS NOT MASTERY OVER OPPRESSION. SUCH A GOAL, EVEN IF ACCOMPLISHED TO ITS FULLEST EXTENT, WOULD ONLY LAND AFRIKAN PEOPLE IN A VACUUM. RATHER, THE PREEMINENT GOAL OF THE RBG STREET SCHOLARS THINK TANK’S CORE CURRICULUM IS SELF-MASTERY BY WAY OF AFRIKAN-CENTERED CULTURAL TRANSFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSE OF SECURING BLACK POWER. NONETHELESS, THIS GOAL MANDATES THE ACTIVE NEUTRALIZATION OF ALL OPPRESSIVE YOKES WITHIN AND WITHOUT THE AFRIKAN SELF AND COLLECTIVE. GIVEN THAT WE ALL ARE DECENDENTS OF A PEOPLE THAT WERE TAKEN THROUGH THE EUROPEAN’S “EVIL GENIUS” THREE STEP PROCESS OF DERACINATION, I.E. DEAFRIKANIZATION, DEHUMANIZATION AND INFERIORTIZATION, THE INDIVIDUAL SEARCH FOR SECURITY UNDER OUR PRESENT CONDITION AND THE QUEST FOR PERSONAL HARMONY AND PRIVATE SUCCESS AT THE COST OF BETRAYING OUR COLLECTIVE ASPIRATIONS FOR SELF-DETERMINATION REQUIRES LITTLE COURAGE, VISION OR RISK. SUCH EFFORTS ACCEPT THE SOCIAL ORDER (DISORDER) AS IMMUTABLE. BUT, IN ORDER FOR AFRIKAN PEOPLE TO BE ABLE TO DEFEND, DEFINE AND DEVELOP IN OUR OWN IMAGE AND INTEREST; A NEW COURAGE, NEW VISION, NEW CONSCIOUSNESS, COMMITMENT AND CONDUCT IS REQUIRED. THE DEHUMANIZING ENEMY WITHOUT MUST BE NEUTRALIZED—AT LEAST PSYCHO-CULTURALLY AND SOCIO-MATERIALLY—JUST AS THE ENEMY WITHIN MUST BE EJECTED. NEITHER CAN OCCUR WITHOUT SERIOUS STUDY AND WORK THROUGH OUR OWN AFRIKAN EYES AND ORGANIZED TECHNOLOGICALLY SOPHISTICATED INDEPENDENT INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT. BOTH ENTAIL RISKING A SOCIAL, POLITICAL, ECONOMIC, EDUCATIONAL AND SPIRITUAL CRISIS; AND EVEN PHYSICAL DEATH. FOR THEM AND ONLY THEN CAN A “NEW” AFRIKAN WORLD UNION BE ESTABLISHED.

IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME HOLLA--IT HAS OUT GROWN ME--500 PHOTO ESSAYS, 500 VIDEOS, 2000 MUSIC/SPOKEN WORD/MINI-LECTURES, 250 POWERPOINT-DRIVEN MULTI-MEDIA SHOWS AND MORE--OVER 100 ORIGINAL PRODUCTS THE CAN EDUCATE AND EMPLOY OUR PEEPS

Respectfully, Marc Imhotep Cray, M.D.

josteele is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Is this an Idea or is this real. Ive never heard of anything like this and Ive been trying to find black folks that want to help black folks for a long time. could you give more info on when, where, how?

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Yes it's real , I have already completed the school, but as you know to deploy a digital college is not a one man job---we need peer review (us) editing, professional packaging,marketing, sales, distrubution networks etc.---the school has over 100 potential products--- most we want to provide free to enrollees, but ain't nothin free in the land of the massa and home of the slave--I need an audience to do demos so we can get the necessary deployment resources
      I'm a content person not business---that is what we need now business savvey

Thumbs Up/Down

where's the info....?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
      Yes it's real , I have already completed the school, but as you know to deploy a digital college is not a one man job---we need peer review (us) editing, professional packaging,marketing, sales, distrubution networks etc.---the school has over 100 potential products--- most we want to provide free to enrollees, but ain't nothin free in the land of the massa and home of the slave--I need an audience to do demos so we can get the necessary deployment resources
      I'm a content person not business---that is what we need now business savvey

Im not sure if I missed it but wheres the info on the school?

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

the info on the school is in this post, it on my 80 GB external hard drive-

Thumbs Up/Down

does the offer hold anything?

the info on the school is in this post, it on my 80 GB external hard drive-

Many have tried to offer education and in the end you wind up with a waste of time. This type of education seems to be appeals in some aspects but the fact of the matter still stands 'It dont count for nothin'. Is there any connections that may offer job opportunities to those who 'graduate'. If so where are these people who offer the jobs at now, if not why waste time 'educating yourself' in any other manner other than the way many of us (especially on this site) do now, BY OURSELVES.

The Idea seems great and Im with it but I dont want to take my buckets to the desert looking for water, feel me.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

yah i feel u- let's continue to support the enemy intstitution building and revolt from the safty of our pc after we come home from defending, defining and developing in their image and interest--i sure glad marcus didn't think like such

Thumbs Up/Down

not really...

yah i feel u- let's continue to support the enemy intstitution building and revolt from the safty of our pc after we come home from defending, defining and developing in their image and interest--i sure glad marcus didn't think like such

...feelin me is more like understanding why one wont follow that strange white man onto his ship as he promises peace, prosperity, and happiness with nothing to show for it than a few mere trinkets...the rest is on the boat he sez...dont be afraid just come on...

like I said your idea SOUNDS great, but without the ability to build and do things for ourselves WE MIGHT AS WELL GO TO THE WHITE MANS COLLEGE...In the long run with out being able to provide for ourselves it dont matter who we learn from or how we learn. If we cant use the knowledge why even learn it.

Im not lookin for a free ride hear... you asked if anybody could give you some feedback on how to get this thing off the ground...well its like any plane; passengers are gonna wanna know where their going before boarding the plane...

CAN U FEEL ME NOW!!!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

thanks for your feedback--and FYI Afrikan education has never been about a job and individualism--thanks again

Thumbs Up/Down

No problem...

thanks for your feedback--and FYI Afrikan education has never been about a job and individualism--thanks again

FYI...Life is a job...individualism is natural.

But more on your idea...How have you tried to reach folks in the hood? I being one of know you aint bout to walk in there with no flyer talking bout 'young man, read this'...In most neighborhoods those type ideas only remain in one head for a few minuets when you leave your idea leaves with it...You gotta make a person in the hood feel like they got to act now cuz thats all most think about is now...I know for a fact its alot of dudes that want to change they ways but they aint got nothin to turn to and they do what they do partly cuz they enjoy it, but mainly because it pays the bills...If you could come up with a way that some one could benefit from what your offering it may work...what your offering is an education which you and I know is great but see theyve already had this opportunity and know that it was generally leading them nowhere...Im not saying try to teach for free but Im saying make them a part of the organization not only as students but also somehow they should have a way maybe to earn a days worth of pay even...If you could keep a dude off the block for just one day without him wishing he was back there then thats a big accomplishment...Many of these people have talents that never get out cuz they dont play hoop or rap, maybe you could try to utilize some of that inner city talent to promote your program and help it grow...But remember if they see you change your car from a honda to a hummer and they still gotta do what they do you gone start to lose followers...Ive seen it happen more than once.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

i named 4 professions the school preps people for--but again education is skills + knowledge of self. Jobs are incorporated into the school ,i don't have to go to the hood to give out flyers, i live in the hood
      i don't want followers / whoever helps build benifits proportionately---you feedback is good-but a word to the wise--"try to maintain a more humble and less presumptive posture-and people can here you more clearly thanks again for your help

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

Doc this is good for the community if I must say. Uhuru warrior. I will PM you concerning this.

Thread Information