Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

godisblack3 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Is Vinyl becoming OBSOLETE?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      With technology advancing at a very rapid pace in today's society,they are trying to now replace the FOUNDATION of HIPHOP,i.e.the DEE JAY with an artificial version by ELIMINATING VINYL {RECORDS},& TOTALLY replacing them with CDs! Don't get me wrong, Compact Discs are great- sharp quality sound & all that, HOWEVER,a DJ CANNOT TRUTHFULLY DO his/her CUTTIN, SCRATCHIN, TRANSFORMIN,BLENDS,etc.WITHOUT THAT WAX{which just happens to be BLACK! } Somebody BLACK NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO ACTUALLY MAKE VINYL before the ESSENCE of a HIPHOP DJ becomes OBSOLETE.BLACKNESS is being conspired against TO NO END! Who's feeling me on this?

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by godisblack3
      With technology advancing at a very rapid pace in today's society,they are trying to now replace the FOUNDATION of HIPHOP,i.e.the DEE JAY with an artificial version by ELIMINATING VINYL {RECORDS},& TOTALLY replacing them with CDs! Don't get me wrong, Compact Discs are great- sharp quality sound & all that, HOWEVER,a DJ CANNOT TRUTHFULLY DO his/her CUTTIN, SCRATCHIN, TRANSFORMIN,BLENDS,etc.WITHOUT THAT WAX{which just happens to be BLACK! } Somebody BLACK NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO ACTUALLY MAKE VINYL before the ESSENCE of a HIPHOP DJ becomes OBSOLETE.BLACKNESS is being conspired against TO NO END! Who's feeling me on this?
      I feel you. Technology, as great as it is, does have it's downsides because it never stands still. People are ALWAYS thinking of ways to IMPROVE everything. Some things don't need improvement. What a lot of people don't see is that just because something is technologically advanced (like vinyl records) doesn't mean the old method has to be abolished or obsolete. Vintage is good too.
      We are not citizens of amerikkka. We are victims of amerikkka.

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Most DJs today (if not all DJs) STILL use vinyl to create their music. Vinyl is still just as viable today as it was yesteryear.

P.E.A.C.E.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Mosiah is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

i think its changed definitely ya know! In the states I dont think you can gwan and buy a new release on vinyl at a regular store, its like mom&pop or used store ya know. Outside of the states, it never change, i think people spin vinyl just as much as cd

godisblack3 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

My man who's been djin since the 70's said that it's these crackkka's masterplan to phase out vinyl so that it'll be easier for young white kids to learn how to D.J.! LOOOL! He may be on to something, because they ain't create cuttin, scratchin, mixin, blendin, OR transformin.....ALL those are BLACK creations.That PUSH button shit{CD TURNTABLISM}, however, is right up their alley.....simple, & CORNY,LOOOL!

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

My man who's been djin since the 70's said that it's these crackkka's masterplan to phase out vinyl so that it'll be easier for young white kids to learn how to D.J.! LOOOL! He may be on to something, because they ain't create cuttin, scratchin, mixin, blendin, OR transformin.....ALL those are BLACK creations.That PUSH button shit{CD TURNTABLISM}, however, is right up their alley.....simple, & CORNY,LOOOL!
      Lol, that's a bit far-fetched, don't you think?

You can't get that classic sound with a cd that you get with a vinyl record. I can't think of one hardcore DJ who doesn't use turntables and vinyl.

I know that when I begin to DJ, I'm not going to use a cd to spin my records...it just won't cut it (plus it looks awkward).

P.E.A.C.E.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Thread Information