Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0

2pac could have been a Revolutionary Leader?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I was watching Tupac Resurrection and one part he was talking about the period in time when he nearly started an uprising with THUG LIFE as it's ground bases.

He had a group of people who were overlooked and pushed to the side by every one due to the fact that they have nothing a resorted to violence as a way of life.

They understood his words and felt like "hell yea I can relate to what he is talking about; SO they jumped behind him and was ready to march behind him and do whatever he asked to empower them. He was even one of the first people to get L.A. to bring a hault to some of their fighting.

But as most great revolutionaries he was murdered before it could see the light of day and his message was sabotaged and he was pitted against another black man who had the "hood" behind him.

The point I'm trying to make is that he reached out to the people who needed some one to reach out to them. He pointed out the flaws of the nation and was understood. Maybe he was to young but Fred Hampton was only 21 one when he started; me myself I am 23. He all so said he wasn't ready for that type of power he wasn't ready to be a leader on that scale because he had a larger back from folks that where in jail and where being released. He had a place to speak from and a listening audience of millions alas silenced to soon
      but he left behind many albums and him saying this

"I may not change the world but I will spark the mind that does."
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

On his first album Tupac Amaru Shakur was revolutionary minded. Uhuru!

Thumbs Up/Down

Tupac was a born leader. He didn't have the right people around him to keep him on the right track though. He was a VERY intelligent brotha with a revolutionary mind. He lost focus somewhere along the line.
      We are not citizens of amerikkka. We are victims of amerikkka.

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Tupac was nothing more than a damn rapper! He wasnt revolutionary, he even called himself a thug. Let Tupac and Biggie go. They are not the new Malcolm and Martin as Puffy and Russel Simmons and the white media wanna portray theym to be. If we searchin for a revolutionary hero there are plenty to choose from without "creating" a label for a person who dont deserve it. How many revolutionaries went to jail for sodomy of a African woman? How many revolutionaries wanted to, as Pac put it "you claim to be a playa but i fucked yo wife"? That sounds very uplifting to me.

For every so-called conscious Tupac song there are at least 5 nigga/blackface songs. the only thing revolutionary about Tupac was that he is the seed of Baba Mutulu Shakur and Mama Afeni.....

BOTTOM LINE!!

let the emotional standpoint go and try to compare this guy to some REAL revolutionaries!!

Uhuru

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I said he had potential but the cat went in the direction most of our people go into when money and fam clouds what go they could have done. If you had you words being play for millions to hear your message maybe heard but yet at the sametime it can be distorted by those who don't understand. Much like the message Kanye West made about Bush true as it was people said he should have kept his mouth shut and they pointed out his "other songs" not the songs about blood diamonds and living to the best of your ability and one day Touching the Sky.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by JABOOM
      I said he had potential but the cat went in the direction most of our people go into when money and fam clouds what go they could have done. If you had you words being play for millions to hear your message maybe heard but yet at the sametime it can be distorted by those who don't understand. Much like the message Kanye West made about Bush true as it was people said he should have kept his mouth shut and they pointed out his "other songs" not the songs about blood diamonds and living to the best of your ability and one day Touching the Sky.
      That's the point I was trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefentse_Bandele
      ...How many revolutionaries went to jail for sodomy of a African woman?...
      None. But plenty went to jail for crimes they didn't commit. Tupac didn't rape NOBODY!!!
      We are not citizens of amerikkka. We are victims of amerikkka.

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down

Yes...2PAC could have become a Revolutionary. As already pointed out by JABOOM and Revolutionary Student...in every "Detroit Red" lies the potential for a "Malcolm X."

Heru Djet is offline Mpinduzi

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Kefentse_Bandele
      Tupac was nothing more than a damn rapper! He wasnt revolutionary, he even called himself a thug. Let Tupac and Biggie go. They are not the new Malcolm and Martin as Puffy and Russel Simmons and the white media wanna portray theym to be. If we searchin for a revolutionary hero there are plenty to choose from without "creating" a label for a person who dont deserve it. How many revolutionaries went to jail for sodomy of a African woman? How many revolutionaries wanted to, as Pac put it "you claim to be a playa but i fucked yo wife"? That sounds very uplifting to me.

For every so-called conscious Tupac song there are at least 5 nigga/blackface songs. the only thing revolutionary about Tupac was that he is the seed of Baba Mutulu Shakur and Mama Afeni.....

BOTTOM LINE!!

let the emotional standpoint go and try to compare this guy to some REAL revolutionaries!!

Uhuru
      I agree with much of this.

While we run around here trying to blackwash and redeem these self-proclaimed "thugs" there are living Revolutionaries/Institution Builders whose work needs our support.

SN
      "A shield is not made on the battlefield"
      -Afrikan proverb

Black Survival Network http://www.blacksurvivalnetwork.blogspot.com/
      Click here to join our mailing list

The Afrikan Warrior Tradition
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AfricanWarriorTradition/
      Click here to join our mailing list

Thumbs Up/Down

Could he have been, sure. As could any one of the 37 or so millions of Afrikans in America.
      "If somebody told me I only had an hour to live, I'd spend it choking a white man. I'd do it nice and slow." - Miles Davis

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Arrow nah dont think tupac is martyr

immortal tech and dead prez, and killah priest make revolutionary music,more so,imortal techinique than any other rappers for sure
      his musil is very cutting edge.i beleive

sotito! sododo! soora masika!
      " perform truth,perform righteousness,perform kindness and avoid cruelty!"

Nipa nye abe dua na ne ho ahyia ne ho. Or, Se mmerenkensono si ne ti ase a, na ewo dea asase reka kyere no. Also, Nnua nyinaa bewu agya abe.

Isis is offline Mental~Marinade

5 miles past the on-ramp of destitution... on the Cul de Sac of Revolution
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JABOOM
      I agree, any Blackman has the potential to be a Revolutionary, especially if he's on the receiving end of every "ism" imaginable; which unfortunately is inarguable
      Last edited by Isis; 08-29-2006 at 12:28 AM.
      Peace:

As the Afrikan mind is under , we must understand: the to our collective success lies in unity. We will never achieve this without , nor with our minds on

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

The big point is that if we work to get an up and coming artist to think before the rap maybe they could live up to their potential. Because many artist start out wanting to say something then their record label and people around them brainwash them into thinking that they can't sell records being a voice of intelligence but they have to become a product of foolishness.

SistaJankins is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

I see what you see JABOOM. I have often said that and it would have been VERY interesting to see that man evolve I think he could have accomplished a lot. It was almost as if he was on the "cusp" of his revolutionary birth but it ended abruptly.

You also have to remember where he came from.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

"I may not change the world but I will spark the mind that does.";;2pac

I remember MLK'Jr saying something close to that years earlier during his i have a dream speach.

Opening some ones mind to a thought is just as revolutionary and speaking during a march on Washington.

Teaching some one something new effects them for the rest of their life I've learned things that I will take with me forever but it won't die with me.

I'm going to pass it on to my children and they will pass it on to their's.

Nia Maishani is offline 1 in a Billion Twin-Soul

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm just not sure how the question of this thread moves us ahead toward Pan-Afrikanism. In the spirit of Sankofa, how about asking how we might support aspiring leaders, or help the youth to realize their full potential, rather than sit around asking the past tense "what if?" questions.

If we want to support rap artists who have the ear of the young generation, and who are truly forward thinking, with non-conflicting messages, who don't compromise on integrity, and whose lifestyles match their rhymes, let's promote the work of truly revolutionary, pro-black artists like:

Paris
      Dead Prez
      Daara J
      Maj Toure
      Dalek

and others who promote Pan-Afrikanism and stop-the-violence.
      Resident
      Blackalicious
      Guedebuster

Nia Maishani
      SmJ

"Walk like you're chosen." ~Grand Verbalizer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information