Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Chamillionaire Says No To The 'N' Word

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=7007

Grammy Award Winning Rapper Chamillionaire Profanity Free; Ditches 'N' Word On New LP
      By Danielle Harling and Dove
      Date: 4/27/2007 6:15 pm

With the debate over the use of language in Hip-Hop gaining momentum by the day, few rappers have spoken on the issue until now.

Houston rapper Chamillionaire has garnered much success with No. 1 hits like "Ridin" and has risen to prominence on the Houston mixtape circuit, but what most people may not know is that Chamillionaire rarely sacrifices lyrical content for profanities.

“On my new album I don’t say the word n***a, I don’t curse nowhere on my whole album,” Chamillionaire told AllHipHop.com. “People are not even gonna know it. I guarantee if I don’t go out and say it in the media they’re not even gonna realize that. People go back and listen to all of my old mixtapes and don’t even realize that I wasn’t even doing all that type of stuff. I was saying n***a, but I wasn’t saying the 'f' word or [the] 'b' word. I was never saying those types of things...I hear that so much and it restricts your creativity and how far it can go.”

Chamillionaire, who was recently certified by the RIAA as the first multi-platinum Mastertone artist in history, is the son of a Muslim father and Christian mother.

The Grammy Award winning rapper, born Hakeem Seriki has sold millions of records.

He said that Hip-Hop is the art form that seems to be targeted the most when it comes to language, but other mediums will still promote the use of profanities.

Chamillionaire also said that the recent criticism and finger pointing at Hip-Hop was only creating a bigger generational gap.

"People going to get rap CDs and rolling them over with steamrollers, what is that doing? That aint doing nothing but creating rebellion and people need to realize that," Chamillionaire explained.

Chamillionaire recently released the single "I'm Not A Criminal" featuring Kelis and a remix to the song featuring Snoop Dogg and Busta Rhymes.

The singles are the first releases from Chamillionaire's upcoming album titled Ultimate Victory.

“I don’t get caught up in the actual ‘This word is bad’ because with everything you take away there’s gonna be something there to replace it,” Chamillionaire told AllHipHop.com. "Everybody needs to focus their direction on these younger kids that are looking at them. If we help raise them right this is gonna be the new generation and this new generation is gonna be more like me maybe and just don’t curse or brag about being a gangster."

Ultimate Victory is slated to hit stores this summer.

The album features appearances by Snoop Dogg, Pimp C, Slick Rick, Lil' Wayne, Busta Rhymes, Devin The Dude and others.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by Raha View Post
      http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=7007

Grammy Award Winning Rapper Chamillionaire Profanity Free; Ditches 'N' Word On New LP
      By Danielle Harling and Dove
      Date: 4/27/2007 6:15 pm

With the debate over the use of language in Hip-Hop gaining momentum by the day, few rappers have spoken on the issue until now.

Houston rapper Chamillionaire has garnered much success with No. 1 hits like "Ridin" and has risen to prominence on the Houston mixtape circuit, but what most people may not know is that Chamillionaire rarely sacrifices lyrical content for profanities.

“On my new album I don’t say the word n***a, I don’t curse nowhere on my whole album,” Chamillionaire told AllHipHop.com. “People are not even gonna know it. I guarantee if I don’t go out and say it in the media they’re not even gonna realize that. People go back and listen to all of my old mixtapes and don’t even realize that I wasn’t even doing all that type of stuff. I was saying n***a, but I wasn’t saying the 'f' word or [the] 'b' word. I was never saying those types of things...I hear that so much and it restricts your creativity and how far it can go.”

Chamillionaire, who was recently certified by the RIAA as the first multi-platinum Mastertone artist in history, is the son of a Muslim father and Christian mother.

The Grammy Award winning rapper, born Hakeem Seriki has sold millions of records.

He said that Hip-Hop is the art form that seems to be targeted the most when it comes to language, but other mediums will still promote the use of profanities.

Chamillionaire also said that the recent criticism and finger pointing at Hip-Hop was only creating a bigger generational gap.

"People going to get rap CDs and rolling them over with steamrollers, what is that doing? That aint doing nothing but creating rebellion and people need to realize that," Chamillionaire explained.

Chamillionaire recently released the single "I'm Not A Criminal" featuring Kelis and a remix to the song featuring Snoop Dogg and Busta Rhymes.

The singles are the first releases from Chamillionaire's upcoming album titled Ultimate Victory.

“I don’t get caught up in the actual ‘This word is bad’ because with everything you take away there’s gonna be something there to replace it,” Chamillionaire told AllHipHop.com. "Everybody needs to focus their direction on these younger kids that are looking at them. If we help raise them right this is gonna be the new generation and this new generation is gonna be more like me maybe and just don’t curse or brag about being a gangster."

Ultimate Victory is slated to hit stores this summer.

The album features appearances by Snoop Dogg, Pimp C, Slick Rick, Lil' Wayne, Busta Rhymes, Devin The Dude and others.
      I like what the brother is trying to do but if he still is just taking about spending money on needless things and not pushing forward progressive thinking he's basically doing the same thing any other artist is doing by just perpetuating the idea that if you get any form of income in your life you just give it right back to the system and not to the people that needed the most.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down

I've got a new profound respect for Chamillionaire!

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

Paul mooney would be proud.

Thumbs Up/Down

This post made me wanna go get his CD... until I got to this part

Snoop "The Coon" Dogg, Pimp C, Lil' Wayne? Putting these guys on your album kinda negates everything he said about word usage.
      We are not citizens of amerikkka. We are victims of amerikkka.

BlackQueen is offline Pan-Afrikan Nationalist

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Having those "artists" mean that they'll use the N word,even if Chamillionaire doesn't allow it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Student View Post
      This post made me wanna go get his CD... until I got to this part

Snoop "The Coon" Dogg, Pimp C, Lil' Wayne? Putting these guys on your album kinda negates everything he said about word usage.
      All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishment of an African Empireso strong and powerful, as to compel the respect of mankind, but we in our life-time can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility within another generation.-Marcus Garvey

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I would think he could tell them not to say that on any track he does yet most calbo. records are do seperately. and "Artists" such as those don't want to be censcored from being just plan "coonish" as the normally are.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I am not going to make any JUDGEMENTS on the album before I hear it.

That's ridiculous.

P.E.A.C.E.

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

josteele is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Baby steps...

I for one am not against the usage of 'The N WORD' but I do commend this young rapper for trying to make a statment, even if it may cost him in record sales, the attempt says alot.

I read a few of the replies to this bold attempt to alter some of the said wrongs in society and it makes me wonder: why arent we able to get along? (sarcasm!).

How do you say 'Hater' in Swahili?

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

No ones hating on Chammilionaire. People are just tired of the same old nigga this nigga that when PopRappers make their music thats all.

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. View Post
      No ones hating on Chammilionaire. People are just tired of the same old nigga this nigga that when PopRappers make their music thats all.
      as opposed to "conscious" rappers using it, right?

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I glad he is taking it out of his rhymes hopefully more artist then people will follow because it's a bit stupid that our people are calling each other something that was meant to degrade us.
      Only time will tell what will happen from this ol' boi taking a stand.

BlackQueen is offline Pan-Afrikan Nationalist

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

The difference between conscious rappers and materialistic rappers is that the conscious ones know about the struggle,while the other ones only know about money & degrading women.
      Quote Originally Posted by Raha View Post
      as opposed to "conscious" rappers using it, right?
      All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishment of an African Empireso strong and powerful, as to compel the respect of mankind, but we in our life-time can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility within another generation.-Marcus Garvey

josteele is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

I got an IDEA!...

We should Copyright the word 'Nigga' so that we could make money off of the devils and 'unconscious brothas' that use it. We all 'know' that sticks and stones can break our bones but words can ruin the way we Decide raise our children.
      If only we could STOP THE WHOLE WORLD FROM SAYING NIGGA we would be a much better people. Our problem isnt our total, complete, lack of understanding of what it is to be Living (as opposed to alive), our problem is quite clear...Its the english language. Dont we see we would've never been enslaved if we woulda never let them call us that dreadful name that needs to be done away with. It is a curse word with magical powers. Everyone knows if you call someone by that name they will mysteriously start to believe they are less than a person, gorilla-like in fact.
      As a matter of fact to add to my first idea I propose that we also start calling white people and other races who secretly Let our people kill ourselves 'Nigga' also. Look at it like this there are already white, hispanic, middle eastern, and asian people who in small groups already refer to themselves, friends, and family with that repugnant word. Were halfway there, all we need to do is to get them all to refer to themselves as nigga and they too we fall under the same spell as we have.

Whadaya Say? Anybody Down?

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by josteele View Post
      We should Copyright the word 'Nigga' so that we could make money off of the devils and 'unconscious brothas' that use it. We all 'know' that sticks and stones can break our bones but words can ruin the way we Decide raise our children.
      If only we could STOP THE WHOLE WORLD FROM SAYING NIGGA we would be a much better people. Our problem isnt our total, complete, lack of understanding of what it is to be Living (as opposed to alive), our problem is quite clear...Its the english language. Dont we see we would've never been enslaved if we woulda never let them call us that dreadful name that needs to be done away with. It is a curse word with magical powers. Everyone knows if you call someone by that name they will mysteriously start to believe they are less than a person, gorilla-like in fact.
      As a matter of fact to add to my first idea I propose that we also start calling white people and other races who secretly Let our people kill ourselves 'Nigga' also. Look at it like this there are already white, hispanic, middle eastern, and asian people who in small groups already refer to themselves, friends, and family with that repugnant word. Were halfway there, all we need to do is to get them all to refer to themselves as nigga and they too we fall under the same spell as we have.

Whadaya Say? Anybody Down?
      You speak in a way that leads off with f***** up points...and then any identifiable "good points" that you are making are lost by the time you are finished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information