Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

50 Cent: I'll Quit if Outsold by West

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/...ap4010792.html

Associated Press
      Associated Press 08.11.07, 3:00 PM ET

NEW YORK - 50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.

"Let's raise the stakes," the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out anymore solo albums."

An e-mail sent to West's publicist wasn't immediately returned Friday.

50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson, has been publicly disparaging of West before. In 2005, he suggested the 29-year-old rapper's popularity was only possible because of 50's own success.

But they recently collaborated in the studio. Their work, though, isn't scheduled to appear on either new album.

50 Cent's last full-length solo album, "The Massacre," was the best-selling disc of 2005 and sold more than 1.14 million copies in its first week of release. The same year, West's "Late Registration" opened by selling more than 860,000 copies in its first week.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Moorish Rebel is offline Nkrumah-Tureist

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

If that's the case, then I'll buy Kanye West album on the first day it drop.
      Forward to ONE Unified Liberated Africa

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish Rebel View Post
      If that's the case, then I'll buy Kanye West album on the first day it drop.
      LOL!!! As soon as I heard this, I pre-ordered mine.

Fenix is offline aFROdemic

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Someone told me 50 Cent extended it to the first 2 weeks. But then I heard that Kanye West's drop date was pushed up because Def Jam doesn't want to risk his career. I wish they'd have more faith in the real fans out there to support Kanye. It would have been interesting to see what 50 Cent said if Kanye West had outsold him.
      "Oh Africa! When shall be the term of thy long degradation? Behold here, even now, I pledge thee, O my Mother, that I shall devote my years to thee, shall work for thy redemption, shall love thee and be proud of thee and glory in thy power now lying dormant and shall strive to bring it to the light. Take my youth, my labors, my love, my all and do thou when I shall have died for thee, take me to thy bosom, an untamed, untamable African." -Hubert Harrison

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
      Someone told me 50 Cent extended it to the first 2 weeks. But then I heard that Kanye West's drop date was pushed up because Def Jam doesn't want to risk his career. I wish they'd have more faith in the real fans out there to support Kanye. It would have been interesting to see what 50 Cent said if Kanye West had outsold him.
      Ol Sambo shows his true colors........I guess the news got to him that Kanye had some new fans all of a sudden when he made his comment about how He was going to quit if out sold. Then everybody jumped behind Kanye so the punk..........PUNKED OUT well I'll still get Kanye's cd in hopes that maybe just MAYBE 50 cent will quit any way
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

He's not going to quit doing music; he just said that he would quit doing solo albums.

He was REAL pissed when his single with Robin Thicke (along with the video) leaked out onto the 'net a few days ago. He ripped a 70-inch plasma t.v. off the wall, and then proceeded to throw his cell phone out of the window. Lol

From a contractual standpoint, he only has one more album left with Interscope (not counting the greatest hits album), so the thing with Kanye is more of a publicity stunt than anything to boost record sales.

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Thumbs Up/Down

Who cares about that faggot ass government agent 50. Not that I'm a Kanye fan, but if I had a choice between the two, then 50 can go take a jump in the Atlantic as far as I'm concerned.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Raha View Post
      http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/...ap4010792.html

Associated Press
      Associated Press 08.11.07, 3:00 PM ET

NEW YORK - 50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.

"Let's raise the stakes," the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out anymore solo albums."

An e-mail sent to West's publicist wasn't immediately returned Friday.

50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson, has been publicly disparaging of West before. In 2005, he suggested the 29-year-old rapper's popularity was only possible because of 50's own success.

But they recently collaborated in the studio. Their work, though, isn't scheduled to appear on either new album.

50 Cent's last full-length solo album, "The Massacre," was the best-selling disc of 2005 and sold more than 1.14 million copies in its first week of release. The same year, West's "Late Registration" opened by selling more than 860,000 copies in its first week.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed
      Honestly who gives a fukk? I wish ALL these blackface rappers would retire or even DIE for that matter!

Uhuru Sasa

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

Fifty Cent knows that his lame album will get bootlegged so why is he trying to force people to buy his lame azz album?

Im The Truth is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 7/0

I'd wish they both stop!

"well i'd do anything for a blonde dyke
      and she'll do anything for the limelight
      and we'll do anything when the time's right
      ugh, baby you're makin' it (harder, better, faster, stronger)"

- Stronger, Kanye West ("hit" new single)
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Warrior Princess is offline Administrator

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 15/0
      Given: 1/0

Thumbs down Slick plot 4 publicity

Hopefully none of us are so blind that we cannot see that it is, FOR BOTH OF THEM, just a tactic to sell through fake controversy.Nonsensical (that word doesn't sound so out of place in this topic) drama like this somehow makes ppl listen more, spend more and get hoodwinked more. It's understandable that such advertisement would be so effective on the pre-teeny bopper 106 & Park audience and the likes but for grown a$$ men and women to be moved by the hype is just ri-darn-diculous.

(P.S. But if it will really mean 50's monkey behind will go sit down somewhere, tell Kanye I'm good for at least 10 of his borderline wack az HELL lyric laced nice beats.)
      "The greatest mistake of the movement has been to organize a sleeping people around specific goals. You have to wake the people up first, then youíll get action." Brother Malcolm

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Princess View Post
      Hopefully none of us are so blind that we cannot see that it is, FOR BOTH OF THEM, just a tactic to sell through fake controversy.Nonsensical (that word doesn't sound so out of place in this topic) drama like this somehow makes ppl listen more, spend more and get hoodwinked more. It's understandable that such advertisement would be so effective on the pre-teeny bopper 106 & Park audience and the likes but for grown a$$ men and women to be moved by the hype is just ri-darn-diculous.

(P.S. But if it will really mean 50's monkey behind will go sit down somewhere, tell Kanye I'm good for at least 10 of his borderline wack az HELL lyric laced nice beats.)
      Of course it was a marketing ploy; 50 even said it himself. I just posted the article to see what others thought about it.

P.E.A.C.E.

AfroCuban is offline Be-Headed

Thumbs Up/Down

Just speaking truth

Hotep

Now don't think that because i am an elder that i forgot about music, trust me i am not a hater, i love most of the music i hear and to tell you the truth concious music like that from Arrested development, and Goody Mob, back then is not all that i listen to.
      Tupac was/is my favorite because he was merely telling it like he and his cadre see it..However, this fool Kanye gets on my nerves, he acts like a little*&^%% like he is all that and a scoop of grits...He is an embarrassment because he is older than 50 and his music is in another genre and for this reason he should just keep doing what he does.. making dead presidents@!

I expect 50 to do and say what says in order to sell music because he is also up against a whole lot of hip hop artists that can give him a fit..

Moreover, Youngins today have the words, and we had the music back in the day..Youngsters are smarter than we were, they are smart enuff to do their own thing..(jayZ, diddy, russell et-al) They are runnin thier own music showcases, no more middlemen rippin them off.
      i give them 100% props however, i still hate a whinin baby suckin on a thumb or with a bottle in his mouth cryin all the time! ..

In struggle

Thread Information