Write down your answers first!!!!!!
1. Who was the first act signed to Motown Records?
a. The Contours
b. The Supremes
c. The Matadors
d. The Temptations
2. Which are the 5 original temptations?
a. David, Paul, Eddie, Melvin and Otis
b. Paul, David, Eddie, Melvin and Al
c. Al, Paul, Eddie, Melvin, Otis
3. What does "Anikulapo" mean in Fela Kuti's name?
4. Who wrote the soundtrack for "Sparkle" and "Claudine"?
a. James Brown
b. Smokey Robinson
c. Curtis Mayfield
d. Willie Hutchinson
5. In the song "Self-Destruction", what mc started the song, and what group finished it?
a.Rakim & X-Clan
b.Heavy D & Stetsasonic
c. KRS1 & Public Enemy
6. What is the name of South Africa's national anthem?
a. Mayibuye Africa!
b. Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrica!
c. Nguzu Saba Africa
7. Which guitarist was a member of the Isley Brothers?
b. Bo Diddley
c. Jimi Hendrix
8. What Jazz artist is an Orisha?
a. John Coltrane
b. Max Roach
c. Theolonius Monk
9. Who's the first major Black artist to own their own publishing rights?
a. Sam Cook
b. Otis Redding
c. Scott Joplin
10. Who started the New Afrikan Panthers?
a. Chuck D
b. Stick.man of Dead Prez
c. Tupac Shakur
Oh yeah... the answers are in the next thread!!!