Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I agree with SunShip, Flava Flav is not the first brother in entertainment who is a sell out, look at Russel Simmons, Ice Tea, Dr.Dre. There are many sell outs these days. I wanna know why, is it a beauty thing a feeling of having a trophy wife, like look I got me a blond with blue eyes. Do you guys feel that everyone who goes on to the other side and date another race are they against the movement. Again look at Jamie Foxx

Jacuma is offline Forward To PanAfricanism

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 15/1
      Given: 15/0

Lightbulb

I was lucky enough to be with Professor Griff this past weekend where he hosted "Has Public Enemy Lost Its Flavor" http://www.assatashakur.org/forums/u...ead.php?t=4286
      hopefully once he joins us he can add to this discussion, I won't paraphrase his comments.. but for those in Atlanta Professor Griff hosts a monthly Underground Lecture Series here in Atlanta for more info click here:http://www.assatashakur.org/forums/u...ead.php?t=4610
      Thirty eight years ago on 12/04/2009 the united snakes murdered Fred Hampton & Mark Clark, this date also marks the 6 year anniversary of the launching of this site in solidarity of these martyrs.

Baba Ahmed is offline Honorable Ancestor

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

40 acres and a mule, I'm responding but I despise b n called "one of you guys;" back in the day it wouldn't be no big thing; but today its been neutered and is applied to both males and females: unisex'd. Be conscious of eu-rope-an led moves to blur differences btween genders. HisStorically, they've always been confused 'bout this. Did u know there're unisex toilets now? Oh yeah, I've seen them traveling through the South Eastern states.

Now I respectfully caution bruthas to be more critical and to not lump all betrayers together. Flava Flav needs his ass kicked. Plain and simple. He's a done deal like an over fried piece of fattening foul tasting pork. Period. I mean among us we can always keep private and social acts in conext of historical/politico/economic backdrop in understanding that we all are infected with this sick society's culture and thoughts. TV is no longer local, when pump'd as national now it includes int'l and outer space. I did not see the dude show himself lower than a shuffling stepin fetchit, whose social conditions were very different than today's. And b/c other entertainers have commited like or worse political crimes against their people is no reason to excuse Flava Flav. Let his hand get what its calling for... and b done with it. And lets give thanks for bruthas and sistas who step forth to speak out in stop'n continuing assaults on particularly the Afrikan man today. Its increasing in variety and intensity. The Eu-rope-an/American society is not just pushing back the clock, I remind us again that we are in a Post-Post Reconstruction time.

So on one hand I could care less about F.F., for the war is becoming more open and widely spread. Look at the professional sports scene; entertainment scene; political scene; the downward steady drop'n of economic scenario; unions as if non-existent with some leaders join'n NAFTA and other World Bank inspired moves crushing int'l borders and laws: we of course are receiving the brunt of the fallout. I don't even watch TV, but am aware of its mind control, its forming of mass public opinions etc while its political steering committees guide their ways.

I giv thanks that there're folk taking care of the Flava Flav's but wonder why no one that I've heard of aren't dealing with dudes like Bernie Mac, who's face I've heard is consistently paraded on TV talk shows.

I don't have the time; to close tho, lets not get overly philosophical and abstract when dealing with problems like the continuing attacks to remove us off this planet. What used to be called The Negro Problem still lives. Its us, no matter to the europeans and their clones which name we or they choose.
      __________________________________________________ __________________

Jacuma - greetings of power, prosperity and peaceful settings - I caught only the last few minutes of RFG the other day.

Keep work'n bruhMan... keep on keep'n on....
      Free Dome Zone

http://www.oneblackearth.com
      http://oneblackearth.tripod.com
      ==========================

PayPal ready.

Little95 is offline Kwabena "KuMaa" Okofo

Thumbs Up/Down

Flava should get his ass WHOOPED with a night stick, by the entire S1W squad!!! Sale-OUT ASS NEGROE!!!!! THESE "ENTERTAINERS" man DAMN they FUCK SHIT UP FO THE REST OF US, W/ THEY YT ASPIRATIONS!!!
      "If anybody can't live under AFRIKAN POWER show 'em where tha airport is, tha shipyard is or where the graveyard is" <> Dr. J. H. Clarke (Christopher Columbus Grand Theft Genocide)
      NO SALE/CELL/SELL-OUT

nattyreb is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by 40 Acres and a Mule
      I agree with SunShip, Flava Flav is not the first brother in entertainment who is a sell out, look at Russel Simmons, Ice Tea, Dr.Dre. There are many sell outs these days. I wanna know why, is it a beauty thing a feeling of having a trophy wife, like look I got me a blond with blue eyes. Do you guys feel that everyone who goes on to the other side and date another race are they against the movement. Again look at Jamie Foxx
      Let's not get too-simplistic in our view of what Flava-Flav/P.E. represents to our liberation struggle. i can remember when P.E. first came out, we had no real musical inroads to the average young bro./sis. Our music was either from the 70's, reggae or live performances, something very abstract too those we hoped most to attract to our programs. P.E. gave us some "back," we had something everybody we were tryna to reach could not only relate to, but were bumpin on their *own* systems! It was a greatly empowering time for the movement in general cuz here was a group on the radio talking bout being "supporters of Chesimard," talking bout Fear of a Black Planet, providing the perfect backdrop to any program (or household!) cuz we could do P.E. (political education) 24/7 just by putting the speakers in the window and blasting some P.E. (Public Enemy). Then came the lockdown on conscious, pro-Black music over the open airwaves. They shut it down, shut it, shut it down.

That's what's the difference, and that's why there is so much passion expressed against Flava-Flav's antics vs. those you mentioned in your post. Hope that provides some clarity?

Baba Ahmed is offline Honorable Ancestor

Thumbs Up/Down

Thank you nattyreb for keeping clear a political/historical context...

@ Forty Acres and a Mule, your question:

"...Do you guys feel that everyone who goes on to the other side and date another race are they against the movement. Again look at Jamie Foxx"

What's your answer? And do me a personal favor, try using the term sistas and bruthas, not "guys." Too loose; its one of those neuter unisex words today.

Thank u
      Free Dome Zone

http://www.oneblackearth.com
      http://oneblackearth.tripod.com
      ==========================

PayPal ready.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information