Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0
      Given: 0/0

Thumbs down Shamed by Flava Flav?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      In the November issue of XXL Eminem told us that the arrival of X-Clan caused tension and confusion among his friends, who were conveniently both black and white and supposedly getting along fabulously everday of the week. He seems to suggest that such groups threatened to destroy Hip-Hop, much like anyone that were to suggest today any topic that was entirely about Black Pride.

At the same time our beloved trickster Flava Flav seems to be head over heels for a tall, foul mouthed, aging, self centered, drunkard named Bridgette Nelson, whose major call to fame is not her small resume of movies, but her string of marriages to Hollywood actors.

Now we expect Eminem to do his thing. But what we know is that he could have easily named Public Enemy in his list of rap styles that threatened his takeover of black music. But for whatever reason he didnt. Perhaps because we LOVE public enemy. Everybody, even the black people that aint conscious love Public Enemy.

But then Flava Flav does this "thing". This awful (?) thing. And as the cliche goes, "he had the nerve to choose the ugliest one he could find".

Does anyone feel he has tarnished or destroyed the legacy of Public Enemy or suggested that "even the most militant people come around eventually". will his antics set our young people back?

it seems more and more we see our soldiers falling out and giving in.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

Thumbs up Mista Chuck

No it doesnt tarnish the image of Public Enemy. Hit the site up and read what he had to say about it. UHURU!

http://www.publicenemy.com/index.php?page=page3

Thumbs Up/Down

Yeah..I read it. I wasn't inspired or impressed. (1) Chuck D barely made any sense at all. (2) He seems to be suggesting that a long time ago he learned when dealing with Professor Griff that he had to be in total control of the group and the message, which to me says that this was all about Chuck D and not Public Enemy all these years, which is really disappointing. I for one love Griff and always stood by all his comments, and the tone and intent in which he said them. As as a loyal fan of Public Enemy I never needed Chuck to protect me from Griff. (3) He seems to sherk the responsibility of finally admitting that instead of getting members that shared his thought patterns, he simply used cats that were never conscious enough to know that dating Bridigette Neilson just couldnt fly. Pawning off the responsibility of checking Flav for his actions to Black Women, when he is the one that has been the brother's friend for the last twenty years is lame. Using the "he is a grown ass man, what can i tell him?" excuse is ridiculous! He comes close, but never quite says two important things: He spent so much time educating us, he never educated Flav and lastly he never apologizes for giving us the impression that Public Enemy was one collective single black nationalist voice, but instead was one man controlling a group, which was sooner or later going to splitter and give rise to black men that fall in love with swedish women that smack them on television and are already engaged to marry other men. (?)

when i posed my question i was disappointed with Flav. now after reading the article you directed me to, I am FURIOUS with Chuck D. (by the way, who is he to say that Flav is obsessed with material gain, when HE is the only member that seems to be a millionaire?)

Chuck D maybe the real crackhead in the bunch by the look of things.

Jacuma is offline Forward To PanAfricanism

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 15/1
      Given: 15/0

Thumbs up

Chuck D hands down was and is the pillar of PE his role hasn’t diminished one bit, it isn’t no secret that Chuck D was a activist long before there was a Public Enemy and his activism continues up to this very moment, what Chuck D in my opinion was saying is that Flava Flav is a grown man who makes his own decisions. Its no secret that Flavor Flav made some bad decisions in our eyes but please don’t let any of that diminish the work they have done and continue to do, I personally dig the group including Flav and I have the utmost respect for Chuck D..
      Thirty eight years ago on 12/04/2009 the united snakes murdered Fred Hampton & Mark Clark, this date also marks the 6 year anniversary of the launching of this site in solidarity of these martyrs.

Thumbs Up/Down

if Flava Flav continues to be a part of Public Enemy I have no choice but to consider P.E. to a farce. we can have pity on Flava for having faults. we cant excuse activists that tell us to get organized and avoid the pitfalls of society. or for continuing to keep weak links in the forefront of the group.

"he grown, he can do what he wants" is the kinda of excuse I expect from Bobby Brown's apologists and somebody kicking off a set an the Kings of Comedy show, not Chuck D. we are our brother's keeper. if we cant be that, or they dont want us to be that, we cant allow them to water down or contradict the message. thousands of people are sitting somewhere saying "p.e. aint about sh*t. look, chuck making excuses for flava. i do that same stuff. but i bet he try to preach at me."

that chuck article is wack. and for the record - Griff was ALWAYS my favorite P.E. member. even when all he was doing was leading drills. lol (but yall go rewind the tape and listen to "we are real african people" cause Griff dropped it.)

Shawna is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Does anyone feel he has tarnished or destroyed the legacy of Public Enemy or suggested that "even the most militant people come around eventually". will his antics set our young people back?
      I never felt Flava Flav was the driving force behind the message of Public Enemy so I don't feel he in any way could ever tarnish their image or message.

Flav was a hype man... nothing more and nothing less.

Thumbs Up/Down

i thought the beautiful about P.E. was that every member was a part of something bigger than the components of a band.

Denise X is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs down Horrible!

I agree with IfasehunReincarnated on this one. FLAV ought to know better than to hook up with something as hideous as the Nelson chic (who I've never heard of in my life).

I read that article by CHUCK D and wasn't impressed; I thought that he would deliver serious knowledge to get help to support 'D' in letting FLAV know that he was making a wrong move, but failed to do so. In my opinion what FLAV is doing on VH1 (which is making a straight up fool of himself), would be a perfect opprotunity for CHUCK D and PE to start getting Black folks to see the route that OUR people are taking for the sake of getting paid. But in stead, CHUCK D punked out and left the blame on FLAV. Sure, he's a grown man, but as someone stated 'WE ARE OUR brothers' keeper'; so while FLAV does 'his thang', CHUCK D could still be an advocate against Blacks doing something so foolish and plain stupid. What a way to take a strong stand and show example to young Black kids $)

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Denise X
      I agree with IfasehunReincarnated on this one. FLAV ought to know better than to hook up with something as hideous as the Nelson chic (who I've never heard of in my life).

I read that article by CHUCK D and wasn't impressed; I thought that he would deliver serious knowledge to get help to support 'D' in letting FLAV know that he was making a wrong move, but failed to do so. In my opinion what FLAV is doing on VH1 (which is making a straight up fool of himself), would be a perfect opprotunity for CHUCK D and PE to start getting Black folks to see the route that OUR people are taking for the sake of getting paid. But in stead, CHUCK D punked out and left the blame on FLAV. Sure, he's a grown man, but as someone stated 'WE ARE OUR brothers' keeper'; so while FLAV does 'his thang', CHUCK D could still be an advocate against Blacks doing something so foolish and plain stupid. What a way to take a strong stand and show example to young Black kids $)
      Yeah PE, and Chuck D have me mad at this shit....Remember when Prof. Griff said that shit about Jews being bloodsuckers of the Black community? Wasn't he silenced? Then either kicked out of, or left the group? Now the bowed down to the dirty Jew over that statement, and condone Flavor Flav kissing and hugging some junky devil who looks like a truck stop whore....Not a good move....

nattyreb is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

Dag, i think we all need to take a breath and re-read what Bro. Chuck wrote! What i got from just re-reading it is that he tried to discuss alla this with Flav when he first excitedly told him about VH-1's project. What is he supposed to do with Flav, a drop squad type move? Where does Flav's responsibility begin and Chuck's end?

What i get from reading Chuck's piece is that it was Flav's public attack on his own family that pushed Chuck to respond to Flav's activity. Flav, a grown-ass man, is supposed to know better than that, right? i don't think being his brotha's keeper has anything to do with it. Why should Chuck or anybody else need to re-teach this fool the ABC's?

Chuck *does* speak to this being foolish and stupid, i wonder if we're even referring to the same piece?

i never, ever thought Flav was giving anybody a black nationalist voice either, i agree with Shawna that Flav was a hype man, no more, no less. Nothing he does (even the VH-1 crap) surprises me. He's always represented the court jester to me.

i have tremendous respect for Brotha Chuck, and even tho i agree the way Griff got kicked to the curb during the ADL attack was/is extremely upsetting, i recognize that these brothas have since made their peace with it between themselves and that Chuck (NOT a millionaire to my knowledge!) and Griff have kept it pumping strong as writers, lecturers, and rebels.

nattyreb is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKPOWERDREAD
      Now the bowed down to the dirty Jew over that statement, and condone Flavor Flav kissing and hugging some junky devil who looks like a truck stop whore....Not a good move....
      Please, Bro., re-read the article! This is completely untrue.

DJ RBG is offline S1W-Insurgent

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs down

Aight aight Ive finally seen that Flavar Flav & his Trailor Trash, I almost threw up, the rest of the group clearly wasnt feeling it at all, they gotta kick Flav to the curb if only to keep that beast off the stage :puke: .. yuck
      " Fried, Baked, Grilled, Boiled Or Smoked, The Only Good Pig, Is A Dead Pig...Fuck The Holice!!!"

luvlee87 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

i saw it 2...i hafta agree completely

Rebel Queen is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

I read that article by chuck and it did nothing for me either. I watched the surreal life one time and was so digusted by the actions of Flav that i refused to watch it a second time. God forgive me for watching it the firt time. Then they come out with the next show with just him and the white chick and i lost all respect for him. Not that i had much after seeing surreal life but you get my drift. I was so disgusted by him and this drunkard of a woman. He really made a fool of himself and stooped very low. He gets no support from me and i refuse to boost anymore of his ratings.

Runawayslave is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Y'all know, at first I thought Flav needed to get "dropped" too. But upon further review, you know he's just doing this for the paycheck. I have been saying for years that all entertainers (and athletes) are whores to a certain extent. Even the so-called "conscious" ones. I'm sure Flav, being a NY drug addict, is more of a opportunist that anything else. I know he can't possibly love this woman and is just pretending so as to maintain that program. I think he's smart enough (or desperate enough) to ride that hot streak while it's still going. If that means he's gotta kiss that white woman, then so be it. I'm not mad at the guy, I feel sorry for him although he'll make more money doing this, than I'll get during the whole year....or even the next 5,10 years
      Use tru lite 2 c rite thru
      all the things them devils do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information