Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Im The Truth is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 7/0

Blackicon Eek Shout out to the slave masters!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Will never forget is this one of your sons you abandoned?
      African AmericanEntertainment > Entertainment > Souljah Boy Loves his Slave Master Message Boards, Chats and Profiles - AOL Black Voices

Our music critic calls Soulja Boy on the carpet.

One of the biggest songs in the country last year was an inane, sex-chant-infused Southern rap called "Crank That (Soulja Boy)," by young Soulja Boy Tell Em, from tiny Batesville, Mississippi, population 7,113. Soulja Boy Tell Em turned 18 this summer and is looking forward to voting for the first time. His monster hit song included repeated assertions of a cartoonishly absurd sex act: supermanning, or as he elaborated repeatedly in the song, "that ho," which means to come on a woman's back and then put a sheet over her so it sticks to her back and she looks like she’s wearing a cape. Ridiculous stuff. He also chants repeatedly, "Supersoak that ho,” the meaning of which needs no explanation, given the neighborhood we're already in.

These are ludicrous suggestions that play into the Cro-Magnon conception of men using sex and sperm to attack and slay women. It's such a mean-spirited vision of sex that every time I heard the record I thought, I bet that before this came out, he was a virgin.

Last week in Atlanta, I got to interview Soulja Boy Tell Em. I found out just how young he really is. He was one of about ten rappers I interviewed in one day for my BET show, The Black Carpet. I decided it'd be fun to give all the rappers part of the Proust questionnaire. I thought it'd be a way to get beyond image and into who they really are. Most of the guys gave good, thoughtful, intelligent, sensitive answers. I asked Juelz Santana, “How would you like to die?” He said, "Loved."

Then came Soulja Boy Tell Em. I asked him, “What historical figure do you most hate?” He was stumped. I said, "Others have said Hitler, bin Laden, the slave masters..." He said, "Oh wait! Hold up! Shout out to the slave masters! Without them we'd still be in Africa."

My jaw, at this point, was on the ground."We wouldn't be here," he continued, having no idea how far in it he'd stepped, "to get this ice and tattoos."

Wow. Never mind that diamonds come from Africa. Never mind that there were many generations of pain in between leaving Africa and getting diamonds. Never mind that the long-term cataclysmic effects of subtracting about tens of millions of young, strong people from Africa over the course of a couple of centuries is a large part of the reason why Africa now appears so distasteful to you. Never mind all that, Soulja Boy. You put country first.
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Yet another reason why it's important to education young people.
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

-Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by im the truth View Post
      will never forget is this one of your sons you abandoned?
      african americanentertainment > entertainment > souljah boy loves his slave master message boards, chats and profiles - aol black voices

our music critic calls soulja boy on the carpet.

One of the biggest songs in the country last year was an inane, sex-chant-infused southern rap called "crank that (soulja boy)," by young soulja boy tell em, from tiny batesville, mississippi, population 7,113. Soulja boy tell em turned 18 this summer and is looking forward to voting for the first time. His monster hit song included repeated assertions of a cartoonishly absurd sex act: Supermanning, or as he elaborated repeatedly in the song, "that ho," which means to come on a woman's back and then put a sheet over her so it sticks to her back and she looks like she’s wearing a cape. Ridiculous stuff. He also chants repeatedly, "supersoak that ho,” the meaning of which needs no explanation, given the neighborhood we're already in.

These are ludicrous suggestions that play into the cro-magnon conception of men using sex and sperm to attack and slay women. It's such a mean-spirited vision of sex that every time i heard the record i thought, i bet that before this came out, he was a virgin.

Last week in atlanta, i got to interview soulja boy tell em. I found out just how young he really is. He was one of about ten rappers i interviewed in one day for my bet show, the black carpet. I decided it'd be fun to give all the rappers part of the proust questionnaire. I thought it'd be a way to get beyond image and into who they really are. Most of the guys gave good, thoughtful, intelligent, sensitive answers. I asked juelz santana, “how would you like to die?” he said, "loved."

then came soulja boy tell em. I asked him, “what historical figure do you most hate?” he was stumped. I said, "others have said hitler, bin laden, the slave masters..." he said, "oh wait! Hold up! Shout out to the slave masters! Without them we'd still be in africa."

my jaw, at this point, was on the ground."we wouldn't be here," he continued, having no idea how far in it he'd stepped, "to get this ice and tattoos."

wow. Never mind that diamonds come from africa. Never mind that there were many generations of pain in between leaving africa and getting diamonds. Never mind that the long-term cataclysmic effects of subtracting about tens of millions of young, strong people from africa over the course of a couple of centuries is a large part of the reason why africa now appears so distasteful to you. Never mind all that, soulja boy. You put country first.
      what an ass!
      Check out RebelJewel.com for unique handmade accessories
      Follow me on TWITTER and I will follow you back
      Like the FACEBOOK PAGE
      REGISTER NOW Using discount code REBELFOR2010 for a further 10% discount
      Shipping to Europe and the U.S...
      A Gentleman Will Not Insult Me, And No Man Not A Gentleman Can Insult Me

To Make A Contented Slave, It Is Necessary To Make A Thoughtless One

If There Is No Struggle, There Is No Progress

Blackmind is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

I heard a number of comedians use this as a joke before. And the whole audience laughs.

Majadi is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

I am at work, I have almost regurgitated my breakfast for hearing this sickness, he and his momma need a good old fashioned, South Side of Chicago Ass whoopin'!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by majadi View Post
      i am at work, i have almost regurgitated my breakfast for hearing this sickness, he and his momma need a good old fashioned, south side of chicago ass whoopin'!
      lol!!!!!!!!!
      Check out RebelJewel.com for unique handmade accessories
      Follow me on TWITTER and I will follow you back
      Like the FACEBOOK PAGE
      REGISTER NOW Using discount code REBELFOR2010 for a further 10% discount
      Shipping to Europe and the U.S...
      A Gentleman Will Not Insult Me, And No Man Not A Gentleman Can Insult Me

To Make A Contented Slave, It Is Necessary To Make A Thoughtless One

If There Is No Struggle, There Is No Progress

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I'm at lunch on my laptop and nearly threw the thing (I guess to magicly hit him or something)

If the Song about "Superman that Hoe" was bad enough this ass thanked years of oppersion and murder of his own people for being in this country to be a fool........

SOMEBODY HURT THIS CHILD, DROP SQUAD, SPOOK BEHIND THE DOOR SOMEBODY........damnit.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

nattyreb is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

Oh noooo, the only other person i read making that statement in recent history was Pat Buchanan.
      "We must continue to move forward and do everything we can to outlaw legal lynching in America. We must continue to stand together in unity and to demand a moratorium on all executions. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. We will prevail. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight." -- Excerpts of Last Words of Bro. Shaka Sankofa, an innocent man executed by the state of Texas, 6/22/00. www.myspace.com/nattyreb7

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Jalili View Post
      I'm at lunch on my laptop and nearly threw the thing (I guess to magicly hit him or something)

If the Song about "Superman that Hoe" was bad enough this ass thanked years of oppersion and murder of his own people for being in this country to be a fool........

SOMEBODY HURT THIS CHILD, DROP SQUAD, SPOOK BEHIND THE DOOR SOMEBODY........damnit.
      Where the hell is my belt? F it... go get a switch!!!

I just talked to my sixteen year old daughter five seconds ago, therefore I am editing this comment! Any songs by this boy and any other men who disrespect my women (mother, wife, 3 daughters, and one granddaughter) I am causing to leave my house immediately, I am going on a personal war! Any male that I hear disrespect the Goddess I am going to have leave my home, vertically or horizontally but leave he will!!! This includes my son! Now fortunately my youngest is an R+B kinda queen, so she listens for sing songy types! Yet she has said she has heard the song at school and promises me there are no songs like this on our computer or in her collection. I am looking as I write give me a moment..............
      Last edited by Majadi; 11-01-2008 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Needed to add comments!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

O.K. Whew, I'm done, nothing found!

SoularFlarez is offline Her-Em-Akhet

Afrika iz my Block but tha whole Earth iz my Hood
      Thumbs Up/Down

Blackicon Sleep

damn......

he still young so I wouldnt say all is lost.... but if sumbody doesnt pull him to the side and put him on game then its gonna be the same people who been tellin US lies all our lives, KEEPING him asleep.... .....and being in the public eye makes it even worse

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by SoularFlarez View Post
      damn......

he still young so I wouldnt say all is lost.... but if sumbody doesnt pull him to the side and put him on game then its gonna be the same people who been tellin US lies all our lives, KEEPING him asleep.... .....and being in the public eye makes it even worse
      I think this fool is gone, because I know since he has been on the scene plenty of people have tried to drop some sense into his head. I went to school with people like this and now after 5 years.........they haven't changed.

Maybe he will wake up one day but at the rate he is going and people paying for his ignorance he'll be dead and gone long before he comes to his senses.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

shakim1969 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

What a mis-educated young man. You better believe that there are many more brothers and sisters who hold the same sentiments like Souless Boy.
      Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it. ~ Malcolm X ~

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by SoularFlarez View Post
      damn......

I remember when I used to get mad at the older generation for "dropping the ball" for my generation. NOW...because of my age...I actually feel like I AM the older generation...particularly for young (sisters and) bruthas like Soulja Boy. I gotta stop looking at what the older generation didn't do for me and instead...I gotta start doing for the younger generation that's coming up behind me. I have to admit though, that I was very disgusted hearing Soulja Boy say something so "backwards" in terms of "thanking" the slave masters of his forefathers. My initial reaction was "somebody better get this boy a copy of the autobiography of Malcolm X before I find him and kick his ass." But after thinking about it...I feel like I need to talk to him. I need to tell him a basic matter of fact: that HAD THERE BEEN NO SLAVERY (OR SLAVE MASTERS) IN THE FIRST PLACE, AFRICA WOULD HAVE BEEN A THRIVING CONTINENT (more so than amerikkka even). That if you removed hundreds of millions of "amerikkkans" from amerikkka (their youth, their strong, their teachers, their doctors, their intellectuals, their historians, their scientists, their clergymen, etc....and left them with their old, their weak, their disabled, their mentally challenged) how developed would amerikkka be? How fast would amerikkka "bounce back" from a de-population of that scale? It's true that Africa is suffering today...and it may NOT be the "ideal" place that many of us would want to call home...but for Africa to not be "completely destroyed" after slavery and colonialism...only demonstrates the TRUE power, beauty and inner strength of Africa. So to Souljah Boy, I would explain to him that it is "BECAUSE OF" the slave master that Africa is a place that he wouldn't want to be. BUT...I would ALSO explain to Soulja Boy...that if Africa was such a "horrible" place to be in the first place (and amerikkka was such a "wonderful" place to be) then why did the slave masters have to use shackles and chains (around our necks? around our wrists? around our ankles?) made of IRON in order to "kidnap" us and "drag" us (and drag us "Kicking and screaming") over here in the first place? Then why didn't we "run out into the water"...to "meet and greet" the slave ships if coming to amerikkka was such a "blessing?" So yeah...I don't wanna "hurt" Soulja Boy now as much as I want to drop a little science on him. But Nah...I can't lie...truth be told...I still want to hurt Soulja Boy a little too, LOL!!! *shrugging shoulders*

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Would the same sentiments be said about Muhammad Ali who after defeating George Foreman for the heavyweight title in Zaire, Muhammad Ali returned to the United States where he was asked by a reporter, "Champ, what did you think of Africa?" Ali replied, "Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat." ?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-093350-3933r/
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

-Baba Orunmila

--Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information