Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Tehuti-4 is offline Atef Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/1
      Given: 0/0

Yall Should All Get Lynched

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TavFfuRYJIU&feature=PlayList&p=1DAF298B32496369&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=16"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

The most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.

TheStruggle is offline Self I

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

is that the best you can come up with....

lynching

zhao is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

i know we all hate ignorance but reality is much, much more complicated than the picture this video paints... hey i'm in a point-out-the-obvious mood what can i say.

wonder what people around here think about this mix and the introduction i wrote about it?

an excerpt:

1 in 3 African American males between ages 15 and 25 is rotting in a prison cell. every year, the CIA pumps 60 BILLION dollars worth of narcotics, mainly crack and heroin, into the ghettos (source Mike Rupert, political commentator, ex-CIA, ex-LAPD). education and pulling-up-by-bootstraps for a people systematically marginalised, disempowered, and disenfranchised for multiple generations is much, much easier said then done.

gangsterism is a grave and serious problem in the black community. drug dealing, prostitution, and petty violence breaks up families, leaves lives ruined (or very prematurely over), and perpetuates a culture of despair.

but there is a reason people in Korea, Iceland, Russia, Cuba, the world over, love gangsta-rap. and the reason is this -- there is something in the ghettos, in the projects, in the concrete-cotton-fields, that the rest of the world is missing, that the rest of us envy, want, and need:

a raw vitality, a life-or-death urgency, and a visceral in-the-moment experience of life.

to be sure, these are songs about drugs, guns, hos, and money. but if you look beyond the lyrics at face value, this music is about more than that. from the hopeless frustrations and beyond-desperate situations of life in dog-eat-dog abject poverty there arises a fearless and un-stoppable expression of rage and deep seated resentment toward pervasive, pandemic oppression, toward a state which continually sanctions and perpetrates the murder and torture of its own (second class) citizens.

i sometimes fantasize about all these rappers putting political messages directly, upfront in their songs, instead of as (largely) unacknowledged subtext. what if they directed their anger at the system, instead of at eachother... (and instead of shooting up the neighborhood, burning down Beverly Hills) but this is largely impossible for mainly 2 reasons: 1. it would not be allowed, radio plays will stop for artists that decide to do this, and other ignorant thugs will take their place. and 2. this music is BORN of thug-life, and it will, sure as the earth is round or we all die some day, continue to be what it has been. it really is a sad, sad situation with no end in sight. and we must all remember that, even as we get hype and bounce to this mix.

Tehuti-4 is offline Atef Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/1

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
      i know we all hate ignorance but reality is much, much more complicated than the picture this video paints... hey i'm in a point-out-the-obvious mood what can i say.

wonder what people around here think about this mix and the introduction i wrote about it?

an excerpt:

This is an interesting perspective Ahk. while there is most definitely anger and rage in our people the problem is as you know that most often our rage is expressed through hatred of one another and not the system that created and perpetuates our condition. I'm not sure this music is "born of thug-life" it was born of the street where parties, anti establishment rhetoric and the politics of the oppressed occupied equal space in our expression. TOO dangerous for capitalism to allow to flourish unchecked. The relentless attacks by capitalism against all revolutionary political expression and the Black bourgeoisie who took their 30 pieces of silver and fled the ghetto to live near yt created a social and political vacuum in the hood which was filled with gangsterism and thug values. Capitalism seized on this and saw this as an opportunity to co-op the music and use it to push the most perverse and backward values existing in our community. Safe for them, money for them, death & incarceration for us. Every week I see young brothers with a universe of potential get locked away in the dungeons of this country following bullshit thug values....which they learn in the street and get reinforced constantly in the music. We gotta break that cycle.

"For an oppressed people art is a tool of liberation" Kwame Toure
      The most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.

Abasi is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

I'd rather error on the side of liberation

I enjoyed the video. OUr people need healthy doses of real talk, feel me. While I think we hafta struggle to win our people to correct tendencies and healthy, principled, realtionships. However, I know its sum negros in oour community who are useless and activey work to keep our shit destable. They conspire with white power, either actively or by virtue of their self-centered perspective, and these cat need to be corrected. I'ma say this, this will come a time when every body gotta choose a side of the line. I'd rather error on the side of liberation, so if I gotta choose between protecting negros and gettin free, its a lotta dead negros.

I luve Africans, and being an African is a far cry from being a negro, dig.
      Until white power is an exhibit in the People's Museum,
      Comrade Abasi Shomari Baruti
      Uhuru!

Izwe Lethu I Africa
      (Africa Is Our Land!)

nattyreb is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

i see and respect everyone's points, i remember writing something on this video when it was posted b4 and i still think the "lynched" part is a problem. If maybe he said they should get their asses whupped, now that's another story.

As much as i love P.E., my enjoyment for them is forever marred by "foofie-foofie," his hijinks are really beyond obscene. But lynched? Nah.

i do think it's a good way to hype the song and raise this very necessary discussion with our young folks, and he definitely gets points for that!
      "We must continue to move forward and do everything we can to outlaw legal lynching in America. We must continue to stand together in unity and to demand a moratorium on all executions. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. We will prevail. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight." -- Excerpts of Last Words of Bro. Shaka Sankofa, an innocent man executed by the state of Texas, 6/22/00. www.myspace.com/nattyreb7

G1deon is offline Warrior

Off The Chain... On The Way To A Revolution
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Given: 3/0

Blackicon 2gunsfiring V1

It's like this. Rap needed it. And much more of it. But this is all too little-too late. I would of called my rap, '1 to the head' ...and been more real with my intentions in how I feel and deal with these sell-outs... all dead. No time to call their mama and say that they love 'em... see me.

I give NYOil the respect for calling names out.
      I grown with rap. Melle Mel, Scarface, Paris, 2Pac ...I can tell the difference between what is real and what ain't, straight like that.

Today, I have my lil' son bringing back what he had learned outside, inside. These BS rap youtube videos that he has heard and told to play. It takes a balance to explain things to my son about these same people he's watching that I want expired.

He got nieces and nephews who are caught-up in this rap madness, who come and visit with their tainted influences. Our music been hi-jacked and laced and repackaged and sold back to the streets as straight poison. Any rapper peddling in this form, takes the heat for that.

I got no love, for these rappers. And in these times, we have no time to sit around and gaze. That's my take

Black Power Coalition Group
      LANGALIBALELE -
      Maroon Forever
      RIP

TheStruggle is offline Self I

Thumbs Up/Down

if one of our own lynch another black person, I call it cracker anger and fuck whoever lynch a black person and the people that agree to this shit. Imma get kick out for this shit...

EDIT ADDED: it ain't baby anger either don't get it twisted by the dancing been going on.

sangarariver is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Comment and observation

I have so many problems with this video as well as its commentary. In attempting to be critical and aware of the problem, the singers replicate the very thing they themselves are talking about. Calling Black women whores and bitches (no matter what they do or dont), and using the word lynched, they themselves are not demonstrating judgment and I would go as far as to say pride.

One of the critical weapons I have noticed that is used in mental slavery now, is generating Black hate against other Blacks. Divide and conquer. And its done as noisily as possible. Having Blacks in media denigrate others behaviour, then justifies Whites doing the same, and ends up justifying the larger White strategy, that they can argue is reasonable to put our brothers in jail and leave us out of true governance of our own countries (see the ruling aspect NGO's and the World Bank etc). Until we unequivocally unite, and always consider another a brother and sister (no calling someone a negro based on behaviour), through understanding that behaviour as an element of a shared condition, a survival (mental, physical economic, fear, and more) response to the condition we all share as Blacks, we will end up being part of the new White strategy of using our voices to distinguish Blacks from other Blacks , allowing unjust structural decisions around jail for example to continue. The language used to denigrate Blacks are vastly different than those used to denigrate Whites and other groups as well, for the same behaviours, along a continuum of how each is portrayed (based on how they are economically used) within economic structures. We lead by example, and that includes an example of positive, structurally aware, responsible (Including spiritual and more responsibility for all our brothers and sistas), inclusion.

This stuff does need to be talked about. Both the mis-use of this video, and the situation it attempts, but fails, to talk about (no discernment between value judgment and/or recognition and positive discussion of a problem and denigration). But it needs new (positive) language, that embraces responsibility, true structural understanding, shared identity no matter what, positive solutions, and positive alignment with spiritual beliefs that transcend this time period of "race" as a social construct, in a larger understanding.

Without this change, we end up, unknowingly, replicating the very elements that we criticize, in multiple ways, beyond what I mentioned here (as as long as we also reject our brothers and sistas with what is ultimately White perspectives of their behaviour (a perspective which is a fragmented understanding-useful for Whites who are in control- that allows the race based global decision making that occurs that Whites can argue is reasonable), we also indirectly support the behaviours continuance, since if they are rejected by their own community (us) even emotionally, being Black (ie in a Black social condition- even the Black middle class and upper class still share fundamentals of our condition-albeit very differently "faced" along class lines- as an example, the Black middle class have the highest likelihood of falling back into poverty than any other group-one example of many, but that discussion as to the political and economic control and vulnerability of Blacks as a group, no matter "what" and "where" you are re class, is another post), they will fall and lose their spirits and soul even more, and the behaviour will continue.

We (including the brothers who did the video and likely consider themselves aware-note that true awareness is self reflexivity) need to be as self reflexive, or even moreso, to continue and increase the survival, authenticity and "success" (carefully defined) of our struggle.

Pragmatic is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 31/0
      Given: 12/0

Quote Originally Posted by sangarariver View Post
      ..."One of the critical weapons I have noticed that is used in mental slavery now, is generating Black hate against other Blacks:

• Divide and conquer.

• And its done as noisily as possible.

• Having Blacks in media denigrate others behaviour, then justifies Whites doing the same, and ends up justifying the larger White strategy, that they can argue is reasonable to put our brothers in jail and leave us out of true governance of our own countries (see the ruling aspect NGO's and the World Bank etc).

• Until we unequivocally unite,

• and always consider another a brother and sister (no calling someone a negro based on behaviour),

• through understanding that behaviour as an element of a shared condition, a survival (mental, physical economic, fear, and more) response to the condition we all share as Blacks,

• we will end up being part of the new White strategy of using our voices to distinguish Blacks from other Blacks , allowing unjust structural decisions around jail for example to continue.

The language used to denigrate Blacks are vastly different than those used to denigrate Whites and other groups as well, for the same behaviours, along a continuum of how each is portrayed (based on how they are economically used) within economic structures.

We lead by example, and that includes an example of positive, structurally aware, responsible (Including spiritual and more responsibility for all our brothers and sistas), inclusion.

This stuff does need to be talked about. Both the mis-use of this video, and the situation it attempts, but fails, to talk about (no discernment between value judgment and/or recognition and positive discussion of a problem and denigration). But it needs new (positive) language, that embraces responsibility, true structural understanding, shared identity no matter what, positive solutions, and positive alignment with spiritual beliefs that transcend this time period of "race" as a social construct, in a larger understanding.

Without this change, we end up, unknowingly, replicating the very elements that we criticize, in multiple ways, beyond what I mentioned here (as as long as we also reject our brothers and sistas with what is ultimately White perspectives of their behaviour (a perspective which is a fragmented understanding-useful for Whites who are in control- that allows the race based global decision making that occurs that Whites can argue is reasonable),

we also indirectly support the behaviours continuance, since if they are rejected by their own community (us) even emotionally, being Black (ie in a Black social condition- even the Black middle class and upper class still share fundamentals of our condition-albeit very differently "faced" along class lines- as an example, the Black middle class have the highest likelihood of falling back into poverty than any other group-one example of many, but that discussion as to the political and economic control and vulnerability of Blacks as a group, no matter "what" and "where" you are re class, is another post), they will fall and lose their spirits and soul even more, and the behaviour will continue.

We (including the brothers who did the video and likely consider themselves aware-note that true awareness is self reflexivity) need to be as self reflexive, or even moreso, to continue and increase the survival, authenticity and "success" (carefully defined) of our struggle".

Excellent post. Reads with Placing Principles before Personallity's.

Peace be upon you

sangarariver is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Thank you

Thank you for your response, highlights and reading. sangarariver.

G1deon is offline Warrior

Off The Chain... On The Way To A Revolution
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Given: 3/0

Knowing and recognizing Hip Hop's true foundations, you will see it was ALWAYS based upon battle. Battling your competition and exposing their weakness while the same time the inner battles to better one self's craft.

When white control and money became the focus, entered in the arena was the sell-out and the puppet and the gangsta. This is the white strategy, which you speak on.

So you cannot criticize these rappers (NYOil) who play on the same streets and have been brought up on the same blocks that are fully aware of the key-players and the strategy and its co-conspirators and who are attempting to expose the truth in today's rap game. I disagree with the wording of lynch, but I feel that this is just nit-picking and the focus must spot-light those that are the diseases in this music scene just as this video part-takes in.

The divide and conquer tactic is as old as time itself, and this is nothing new today in the mental slavery (Willie Lynch) of black people. They did it to BPP, Malcolm X, and Marcus Garvey... and exercised it within the Tupac and Biggie feud. The new strategy and most successful strategy they are using against us today is the usage of rap media to promote their drug selling, self-hate and the populating of their prisons thru these sell-out rappers. They deeply infiltrated into the black domain of rap music with blacks rappers willing to place money over life and dressed up a few with a slang and an image to sell that poison they pushing to destroy the youths and the movement. Why is even NYOil and this video even an issue...??? What this all boils down too, is the brother did a good service, not a dis-service.

This video serves as a reminder of a wake-up call done previously before by PE, KRS, etc to all those who are in the rap game who are 'selling out' that they are on notice. How everyone deals with a sell-out is on their own accord, but they must get dealt with. And judging by this video's response on the web proves it is far from a failure. It is invoking thought and dialogue and inciting right and wrongs. This is exactly what needs to be addressed and talked about, MUST be talked about and as you know silence is defeat. The focus of this discussion should not so much be about the messenger, but the message that the today's listener is probably hearing for the FIRST TIME in their young life that they never had heard before in this new time of rap music. Ol' skool has been thru it and has been bettered by it... this is just another cycle with a higher stake.

In reference to new language, responsibilities and everything positive, I have no problems with you in how we should go about our ways in this rap business. But that would fail as a whole; only TODAY because our youth are still under the influential poisons of amerikkka, but mixing of the medicine in the kool-aid seems to be cure that they are willing to swallow.

Hip Hop was always about battling, and was transformed into a means of communicating amongst the black youths in amerikkka... now that they hi-jacked it and laced it, battling must turn to war to restore this instrumental piece that is key to this revolution. So bring more videos just like this to the forefront and let our youth know they have a choice and a voice in what they are force-fed on BET.

Black Power Coalition Group
      LANGALIBALELE -
      Maroon Forever
      RIP

Thread Information