Forgot your password?

XXPANTHAXX is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 29/0
      Given: 142/1

Talking Kill Whitey the Interview UNO The Prophet

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I did all these interviews a while back, but I never got a chance to post them because I'm lazy like that and also because you know how The Man (i.e. Eugene Levy, nullus) likes to keep a brother down. But I'd like to do some more of them, so I'm going to be focusing the next couple of days on getting a few of them published here.

My cousin Jamarhl (sic!) Crawford aka UNO the Prophet aka Nat Turner Devil Burner is a conscious MC and spoken word poet from Boston, MA. He's also friends with Professor Griff from Public Enemy, who turned him on to the sight around the time of Kanye West's Hurricane Katrina incident.

In the interview we discuss a range of issues, including Kanye's ignorance, the diamond industry, whether or not the Jews were involved in the slave trade, and a gang of other shit.

How long have you known Professor Griff?
      At least 7 years or so, I think. He had me on his album a few years ago, which actually came out on Sept. 11, when the towers came down. It was called and Word Becomes Flesh. Check it out on Google or whatever.

And he was the one who sent you my site?
      Yeah he text messaged me after a convo about the Kanye West/Bush thing, and after me analyzing Kanye's hipocrisy, even though I love him as a brother.

Do you see any parallels between the situation Kanye is in today and PE in the late '80s/early '90s, particularly the situation with Professor Griff?
      Not really. Griff's comments had some depth behind them in that Griff is not an uninformed idiot, he's well-read, well-studied, and well-researched. Many may not have agreed with the overall verbage of his comments, but its not like the basic information contained therein was completely off base. Without re-dissecting the whole Jewish thing we definitely know a few things: Israel is a made up state on someone elses land and Jews definitely had a hand in the slave trade, as did everyone - it was the business of the day. Kanye on the other hand said what my daughter could say. "Bush doesnt like black people." No kidding? Bush also doesnt like poor people.

Do you think Kanye could get away with saying that Jews were involved in the slave trade?
      Kanye I dont believe has the balls or depth to say anything that outside of the box. I mean, his record is out, it would ruin his cute cuddly teddy bear image. Kanye is not a student of politics, if he were his statements would be both more factual in basis rather than just slogans, and also his statement would be more consistent with his lifestyle.

Speaking of which, he put out a song that was critical of the diamond industry, but kind of glossed over the fact that it's mostly run by Jews. Do you think that was a coincidence, or did he just not do his homework?
      The version of the song i listened to was actually a regular MC rhyme about how fly he and his crew is, blah, blah bullshit. There might have been 2 slight references to the diamond industry other than the title, which was the most explosive.

Did you listen to "Ice Age?"

Yeah, I did. When was that recorded?
      Probably 2-3 yrs ago... when the bling-bling thing started. That was the motivation.

I notice Kanye claims that all his diamonds are blood free, but from what I understand there's no way of telling whether they are or not.
      There are so many good documentaries out there. Actually, I sampled them for the song. But in any event diamonds are all sent to Antwerp where they are laser engraved and encoded to be conflict free. But before that there is no way of knowing. So in other words, it's all bullshit; they are most likely stamping "conflict" diamonds like it's legit to make the $$$$

Anway all diamonds are property of the continent of Africa and are part and parcel to the rape and pillaging of the mother continent by the European invaders/conquerors/colonists.

So when artists rap about how many diamonds they have - even "conflict free" diamonds - they're supporting the rape of the African continent?
      Basically. They are supporting a system that exploits the natural resources of one for the benefit of another. There are few examples of that in other cultures, not to mention that Africa is starving and these self-professed niggers or "niggas" or whatever are bragging about $250,00 dollar necklaces (chains) and cars and what not and then Katrina comes and cats act like this is our only tragedy?!?!? What about brothers going to prison every day, what about AIDS, what about violence and killing... but all of a sudden cats got a conscience? Go back to booty shaking or put your money and resources and platform where your mouth is.

Are there any artists today that you like? I mean, in the mainstream hip-hop.
      dead prez, Talib, PE, PRT, Mos (sometimes), Jigga (cant deny the talent), MOP (the fire). And i love all the beats; this is an all time high for beats, and an all time low for lyrics/concepts. Oh yeah, The Roots, too. Don't like the jazzy stuff but Black Thought is ridiculous.

Have you heard any of the new PE stuff?
      Yeah the Katrina joint, "We Ain't All Right." None of the Paris stuff though - that's what I'm waiting to hear.

Anything else you'd like to add?
      Yes, there are a few points to add.

Go right ahead.
      KILL Whitey.

Kanye is a good brother but uninformed and if I had his money they would see a real "difference" in Hip-Hop or whatever it is people are praising him for.... I challenge any mogul out there to give me a million dollar budget like these other chumps who come and go and see if I can mkae it happen.... let's make the band and take the land and break the hand. HOLLA BLACK!

Did I say Kill Whitey? Make sure to put that in.

You can check Jamarhl out on the Internets at www.jamarhlcrawford.com. Also, he's featured on the new Les Nubians album (what's a nubian?), Echos, which came out a couple of weeks ago.
      Nov 2, 2015 "Assata Shakur Liberation Day" marks 36 yrs of freedom for our Comrade Assata Shakur, Our Warrior was liberated from a NJ prison by Comrades In The Black Liberation Army click here to read more or here www.assatashakur.com

I_ziz is offline Ithiopian Yodite / Militia

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Aaaaaaaaaaashe
      "God and Nature first made us what we are, and then out of our own created genius we make ourselves what we want to be. Follow always that great law. Let the sky and God be our limit and Eternity our measurement."
      -The Right And Honourable Marcus Mosiah Garvey

Thread Information