Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Exclamation C-Murder Changes Name, NAACP Files Lawsuit

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

By Remmie Fresh and Nolan Strong
      Date: 4/6/2005 10:00 am

Much has been made of C-Murder’s (Corey Miller) suggestive name, but the rapper has adjusted the moniker after being convicted in the shooting death of a 16 year old. He will now be called C. Miller, based on his real name.

While he’s proclaimed his innocence, he said that the general public has never known the true meaning behind his rap handle. "I am not a murderer," he said in a statement.

"From the beginning, I have been a target because of who I am, my stage name and for my success as an entertainer and the success of my siblings. People hear the name C-Murder and they don't realize that the name simply means that I have seen many murders in my native Calliope projects neighborhood,” said the rapper.

A retrial of Miller’s murder case was recently overturned and he now faces a mandatory life sentence. He and his lawyer, Ron Rakosky, are in the process of appealing the decision according to the Associated Press.

Additionally, the NAACP is plotting a federal lawsuit for Miller, because they say his lack of a retrial violates his civil and constitutional rights.

"Corey Miller is entitled to a new trial. The fact of the matter is Corey Miller was tried, found guilty and sentenced based on the testimony of witnesses who admittedly perjured themselves," Miller's attorney, Ron Rokosky said. "There is no physical evidence in this case. We requested a new trial. A judge reviewed the case finding countless legal errors and in the interest of justice she ordered a new trial ultimately overturning his conviction. Even though this judge acted properly, the Appellate Court is still denying Miller a new trial, which has never been done before in the history of Louisiana law and is a clear violation of Miller's civil and constitutional rights."

Millers lawyers and the NAACP will announce what step to take next, while Miller once again denied the murder charges.

"I formally change my stage name to C Miller, the first initial of my name and my legal last name, in hopes that I can finally receive justice," Miller said. "I am not asking for any special treatment or favors, I just want what is due to me... a fair and impartial trial."

C Miller's latest album release THE TRUEST S*** I EVER SAID debuted at #1 on the Billboard Independent Chart.
      Be Sure To Tune Into Our Very Own BlackMic Radio or bring ya mic and holla at ya boy in voice chat www.blackmic.com/chat

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I read he claims his rap name was never supposed to infer that he was a murderer or someone willing to murder. that is meant "I SEE Murders"..lol I aint buying that. I don't know if he is guilty, but at some point we have to realize we cant go around saying "we real. we talk about it, cause we about it" then when we get in trouble wonder why people think our nicknames aren't a reflection of what crimes we are capable of..

Take for example, I think Beanie Sigel is one of the best lyricists of the last 10 years. He is fighting an appeal on attempted murder charges. He says "they listen to my music and think I am guilty automatically." Hmm. Why wouldnt they? You keep telling us that you aint rapping, you telling us about your life. You keep saying you dont play and you drop hammers on your enemies. You keep telling us that you real, you arent a studio gangster. Dame keeps saying he loves you so much cause you are the realest rapper he knows. He says you talk it, then you walked it. If thats the case, Beanie don' killed a number of people in his lifetime, cause he talks it quite a bit. Now he wonders why racists have found him an easy target?

And the NAACP? whats this about? This WILL NOT raise membership up. lol Nobody wants to roll with the NAACP youth chapter. lol
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thread Information