Marvin X Signs With Chuck D

Marvin X Agrees to Appear on Chuck D's Album in Support of Imam Jamil Al Amin

Marvin X will appear on Chuck D's album in Support of Imam Jamil Al Amin (H. Rap Brown). Chuck is gathering a dream team of poets for this project. Marvin X told Chuck he would be honored since H. Rap Brown introduced him to someone as "The greatest poet in the world."

So no matter what the circumstances of Rap's or the Imam's situation, I support him. I recently sent him copies of my latest books. It's not clear to me what happened to Rap or the Imam, but it seems he may have had a creative way to deal with the problem of drugs and prostitution in the park
in his neighborhood--he simply made the drug dealers and prostitutes "disappear," a common procedure in revolutionary communities throughout the world, especially when the dealers and prostitutes reject reformation and education.

Obviously his actions were contrary to the mission of the local police who were aware of his allegedly "disappearing acts." After all, the police supply the drug dealers and work closely with prostitutes to obtain information on johns and others in the community, including pimping the whores themselves. So we suspect the Imam was in the way of evil and was set up so things could get back to normal.

Ultimately, we must demand the release of all political prisoners in American Gulags, all the Panther brothers and sisters, Ruchell McGee, Mumia Abu Jamal, the brothers and sisters unjustly held on death row, the thousands held for drug related crimes (80% of the inmates admit they were on drugs and alcohol at the time of their arrests) and the known and unknown millions in the prison industrial complex called America. Imagine it costs $50,000.00 per prisoner per year to maintain America's warehousing of its most "creative citizens."

A few years ago, I spoke to the youth prisoners on New York's Riker's Island that holds sixteen thousand inmates, enough for a small city. The employee's parking lot on Riker's Island looks like the parking lot for the Super Bowl. At the youth prison, the cost is $55,000.00 per inmate per year. It doesn't cost that much to go to Stanford, Harvard or Yale. And imagine the cost of destabilization of families, the pain and suffering.

One of my actor's in my Recovery Theatre had a son who was released after serving two and one half years in the California prisons. The son got out and stayed out all of nine days. Imagine, two and one half years for nine days of freedom. The anguish and pain of the father cannot be described. I had talked with the young man from prison before his release. I tried to tell him to leave town upon his release, but he claimed he wanted to take care of his baby. I told him, "Son, you are the baby." Go away from the hood so you can get a life. A baby can't take care of a baby. The father said his son saw the baby for ten minutes.

Over the past few weeks, I have found myself speaking to children and youth. In February I was at Oakland's famous or infamous McClymond's High School with the Last Poets. A few nights ago, I was at the Hunters Point YMCA speaking to children on Career Day. On Friday night I was at the College of Alameda for a concert that turned out to be an audience of mostly children and young adults. And while I was at the College of Alameda, someone called inviting me to be the main speaker at Oakland's Lowell Jr. High Literacy Day.

Even though I am trying to rush out of town to my writing retreat, how can I refuse to speak at Lowell Jr. High, after all, I attended Lowell Jr. High. I am a product of Lowell Jr. High, which is about to be closed down in the wretched West Oakland, now on the road to gentrification. After all, West Oakland is closer to San Francisco than San Francisco, being only ten minutes away from the financial district on the subway. When I grew up there, West Oakland was the Bay Area's Harlem, even more so than San Francisco's Fillmore because there was more black population in West Oakland. But now it is a wasteland called the "lower bottom," what a term to describe the West Coast Harlem.

The tenth anniversary of the Million Man March must demand the release of all political prisoners, including Imam Jamil Alamin, Mumia Abu Jamal, Ruschell McGee, and literally millions of others. Before Saddam Hussain departed Baghad, he released the prisoners, can America do no less? But let's not be romantic, America will do less because at $50.000.00 per inmate per year, prisoners are valuable to the economy, to the bloodsuckers of the poor. But ultimately, the price to America shall be much higher than the fifty thousand dollars, it shall be in the millions when we consider the social-economic cost, the cost in mental health and physical health, the rate of HIV/AIDES resulting from incarceration, the psychological damage to children and partners. Woe to America, She has become a habitation of devils!