Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Results 1 to 9 of 9
    1. #1
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      617

      Arrow My Love Letter to Hip-Hop.


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      My Love Letter to Hip-Hop

      by Bitter Bitch

      Hip-Hop is a black man and he used to love me. But Hip-Hop doesn’t love me anymore - a, loyal, black woman. I used to be so in love with him, but I am falling out of love because he has become too violent, lewd, and disrespectful it’s like I don’t even know him anymore. Hip-Hop has a cheating heart.

      He is constantly flirting with Violence and Death. Ms. Bling-Bling has his nose wide open and Foolish is his best friend. Hip-Hop is now a drunk ass weed head. He lacks the direction and passion he used to have when we first fell in love back in the early 70’s.

      Now that he has the acceptance of the mainstream he seems to constantly regress. His anger used to be beautiful and full of fire - aimed at systematic discrimination and injustice. He used to call himself prophet, MC , revolutionary, messenger but now he reduces himself to thug, gangster, and pimp.

      He has reduced me to nothing but hips, tits, and ass. I feel like a nagging housewife whose husband spends more time at the booty club than at home. It’s not even me that he fantasizes about anymore. Gone are the days when he idolized my black beauty and Afrocentricity.

      I guess the glare of Bling-Bling has skewed his sense of beauty. The women in his videos are mutations of my best qualities, MUTS for short. They have my ass, lips, ample bosom, and thighs – but the rest isn’t me - not all the way.

      Now that he is accepted, and a viable thriving industry you would think that he would sport me on his arm. You would think that his ascent would be dignified and a victory for us all, since it was US that put him there.

      White American couldn’t deny him/us any longer. Not with their commercials and children singing his praises and mimicking his style. Hip-Hop was such a bad brotha that he turned the fashion world on it’s ear and made the entire world embrace him. He changed the face of music all over the world. Now my thoughts read like a Lauren Hill song, I used to Love Him.

      Not only has he left me behind but his community as well. Gone are the days in which Hip- Hop used to call for a change in his neighborhood – he know brags about killing for a block that he doesn’t own. He glamorizes the lifestyle that is crippling our community.

      He’s mainstream but he’s killing me. He’s leading our kids astray and spending money like it will never cease to flow. He doesn’t realize that whites make more money off of him than he could ever blow on platinum teeth and cars with a fucked up suspension because 24 inch rims DON’T BELONG ON A JAG. I don’t know Hip-Hop anymore.

      I had a sister once, she too was a growing force in Hip-Hop’s world. But she’s undergone a personality split – you know like Sybil? Where once Sister Hip-Hop stood for strength, pride, courage, and grace – she know raps like a thug or dons G-strings made of lace.

      She is similar to the video hoe – but she has a flow. She’s a thugged-out chick or she raps about sucking dick. Why can’t we express ourselves in veiled sensuality? To sell a record why does everyone have to see her pussy? Hip-Hop you and your sister are killing me. Killing us. Is this what fame does to us?

      I like to watch white comedians and stars imitate us, because it reflects just how they see us. It lets me know what level we’re on. What we’ve accomplished and what we need to work on. They dress in gold chains and baggy pants. Hop around on stage pretending to dance. Saying “Yo yo yo this is how blacks talk. Look at my gait, this is how blacks walk.” Last time I checked we had more style, class, and finesse without all of the platinum, diamonds, cars and mess. But with all of the money and fame, we still appear lame. Sometimes I’m ashamed.

      Hip-Hop, I expected so much more from you. Like the song in Mahogany asks, “Do you know where you’re going to? Do you like the things that life is showing you? Where are you going to? “ Hip Hop where are you going to? As a race you are taking us with you and our children too.

      The guns, glitter, and cars. We are showing the world class is not a prerequisite to be a star. Now we have to deal with 50-Cent, Em, Busta, and Ja. Beefing and I am not sure why. Day after day and rhyme and after rhyme the bullshit escalates as America sits on the front lines.

      We no longer judge diss records of who is more skilled. The winner becomes the one whose not killed. But like with Pac and Biggie – nobody won. We lost 2 icons, their mothers lost 2 sons.

      Don’t let me get started on all of these disses. Grown ass men with sensitive egos like sissies. Battle records used to amaze us with their wit, sarcasm, and imagery. Now everyone is just taking cheap shots at one another’s family.

      Personally I think it would easier if they just whipped out the ruler and measured their dicks instead these mother’s losing sons and these kids becoming fatherless.

      In the name of rap this bullshit should cease, with all of your mansion in cars – why put your beef in the streets? Why put your insecurities on display? Defame your brother, just to get airplay? There’s enough money, diamonds, and fame for everyone one to enjoy – why do you have to wish death and destruction on your brother, your colleague, your boy?

      I’m not saying ya’ll have to be friends, but there will never be peace on the streets if you don’t uphold it on your end. As long as ya’ll continue to act like niggas – there will continue to be more Pacs, Biggies, little Nases, and Jiggas. All beefing to prevent looking soft. Hip Hop you got me turning my radio off.

      So Bitter
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    2. #2
      RASNUBIAN's Avatar
      RASNUBIAN is offline grounded in truth i stand

      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      JOLIET/CHICAGO AREA
      Posts
      223
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      104

      Hip Hop Taste Like Shit On My Lips


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Well Said Sista I Like This Piece. Mainstream Hip Hop Has Lost My Support And Love.
      "AS YOU FREE YOUR MIND FROM THE BEAST...DONT FORGET TO FREE YOUR BODY".............NUDITY IS NATURAL.

    3. #3
      RecoveringAA's Avatar
      RecoveringAA is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Posts
      1,664
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      199

      bitter to bitter things must get better


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahness
      My Love Letter to Hip-Hop

      by Bitter Bitch

      Hip-Hop is a black man and he used to love me. But Hip-Hop doesn’t love me anymore - a, loyal, black woman. I used to be so in love with him, but I am falling out of love because he has become too violent, lewd, and disrespectful it’s like I don’t even know him anymore. Hip-Hop has a cheating heart.

      He is constantly flirting with Violence and Death. Ms. Bling-Bling has his nose wide open and Foolish is his best friend. Hip-Hop is now a drunk ass weed head. He lacks the direction and passion he used to have when we first fell in love back in the early 70’s.

      Now that he has the acceptance of the mainstream he seems to constantly regress. His anger used to be beautiful and full of fire - aimed at systematic discrimination and injustice. He used to call himself prophet, MC , revolutionary, messenger but now he reduces himself to thug, gangster, and pimp.

      He has reduced me to nothing but hips, tits, and ass. I feel like a nagging housewife whose husband spends more time at the booty club than at home. It’s not even me that he fantasizes about anymore. Gone are the days when he idolized my black beauty and Afrocentricity.

      I guess the glare of Bling-Bling has skewed his sense of beauty. The women in his videos are mutations of my best qualities, MUTS for short. They have my ass, lips, ample bosom, and thighs – but the rest isn’t me - not all the way.

      Now that he is accepted, and a viable thriving industry you would think that he would sport me on his arm. You would think that his ascent would be dignified and a victory for us all, since it was US that put him there.

      White American couldn’t deny him/us any longer. Not with their commercials and children singing his praises and mimicking his style. Hip-Hop was such a bad brotha that he turned the fashion world on it’s ear and made the entire world embrace him. He changed the face of music all over the world. Now my thoughts read like a Lauren Hill song, I used to Love Him.

      Not only has he left me behind but his community as well. Gone are the days in which Hip- Hop used to call for a change in his neighborhood – he know brags about killing for a block that he doesn’t own. He glamorizes the lifestyle that is crippling our community.

      He’s mainstream but he’s killing me. He’s leading our kids astray and spending money like it will never cease to flow. He doesn’t realize that whites make more money off of him than he could ever blow on platinum teeth and cars with a fucked up suspension because 24 inch rims DON’T BELONG ON A JAG. I don’t know Hip-Hop anymore.

      I had a sister once, she too was a growing force in Hip-Hop’s world. But she’s undergone a personality split – you know like Sybil? Where once Sister Hip-Hop stood for strength, pride, courage, and grace – she know raps like a thug or dons G-strings made of lace.

      She is similar to the video hoe – but she has a flow. She’s a thugged-out chick or she raps about sucking dick. Why can’t we express ourselves in veiled sensuality? To sell a record why does everyone have to see her pussy? Hip-Hop you and your sister are killing me. Killing us. Is this what fame does to us?

      I like to watch white comedians and stars imitate us, because it reflects just how they see us. It lets me know what level we’re on. What we’ve accomplished and what we need to work on. They dress in gold chains and baggy pants. Hop around on stage pretending to dance. Saying “Yo yo yo this is how blacks talk. Look at my gait, this is how blacks walk.” Last time I checked we had more style, class, and finesse without all of the platinum, diamonds, cars and mess. But with all of the money and fame, we still appear lame. Sometimes I’m ashamed.

      Hip-Hop, I expected so much more from you. Like the song in Mahogany asks, “Do you know where you’re going to? Do you like the things that life is showing you? Where are you going to? “ Hip Hop where are you going to? As a race you are taking us with you and our children too.

      The guns, glitter, and cars. We are showing the world class is not a prerequisite to be a star. Now we have to deal with 50-Cent, Em, Busta, and Ja. Beefing and I am not sure why. Day after day and rhyme and after rhyme the bullshit escalates as America sits on the front lines.

      We no longer judge diss records of who is more skilled. The winner becomes the one whose not killed. But like with Pac and Biggie – nobody won. We lost 2 icons, their mothers lost 2 sons.

      Don’t let me get started on all of these disses. Grown ass men with sensitive egos like sissies. Battle records used to amaze us with their wit, sarcasm, and imagery. Now everyone is just taking cheap shots at one another’s family.

      Personally I think it would easier if they just whipped out the ruler and measured their dicks instead these mother’s losing sons and these kids becoming fatherless.

      In the name of rap this bullshit should cease, with all of your mansion in cars – why put your beef in the streets? Why put your insecurities on display? Defame your brother, just to get airplay? There’s enough money, diamonds, and fame for everyone one to enjoy – why do you have to wish death and destruction on your brother, your colleague, your boy?

      I’m not saying ya’ll have to be friends, but there will never be peace on the streets if you don’t uphold it on your end. As long as ya’ll continue to act like niggas – there will continue to be more Pacs, Biggies, little Nases, and Jiggas. All beefing to prevent looking soft. Hip Hop you got me turning my radio off.

      So Bitter

      Str8 POWERFUL WORD SOUND!!

      And then I Found......the Rastaman and Reggae SOUND

      yet a funny thing was a goin on.....the script was kinda flipped.....the music (Roots/Culture Reggae) was hip....yet....the dick was still playin tricks....the dissing game......all the while sayin I was too blame.....for his failed fame.......

      str8 from the broke heart of....

      another Bitter Bitch


      akpe for allowing me to share

      In Love of Afrikans home and aboard

    4. #4
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      617

      Arrow


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by RASNUBIAN
      Well Said Sista I Like This Piece. Mainstream Hip Hop Has Lost My Support And Love.

      Greetings RASNUBIAN!

      Welcome to the discusion. Hip hop is not what it used to be.

      I still give thanks for those artists that are out there still trying
      to send the positive message and letting world know of some of
      the social issues that still plagues us as Afrikans.


      Lets hope for the best. Maybe the consciousness will come
      Black to the music and the youths especially will see hip hop
      as a platform to get the word out that the Revolution is now!

      Stay Blessed and thank you for your valued input.
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    5. #5
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      617

      Arrow


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by RecoveringAA
      Str8 POWERFUL WORD SOUND!!

      And then I Found......the Rastaman and Reggae SOUND

      yet a funny thing was a goin on.....the script was kinda flipped.....the music (Roots/Culture Reggae) was hip....yet....the dick was still playin tricks....the dissing game......all the while sayin I was too blame.....for his failed fame.......

      str8 from the broke heart of....

      another Bitter Bitch


      akpe for allowing me to share

      In Love of Afrikans home and aboard
      Greetings sister Joanie. Always nice to see you. Yes this author
      is straight up tellin the truth. No one will deny her that. It's word
      sound and power as you suggested as well.

      We all knew hip hop was extraordinary when it started. Nowadays
      except for a few artist, it pure nonsense. Some of the artist, make themselves look so stupid and plain ignorant.

      You know we are in trouble when we start glorifying the pimps.
      After all the trouble our sisters used to suffer being involved in
      prostitution and drugs.

      Some of the stuff in hip hop just doesn't manke sense. The killing
      of so many of our Afrikan brothers, through the gangsta lifestyle. Now if that isn't a wake up call I don't know what is.

      The other negative for me in hip hop is the constant degrading of our women. Shew the way things look now is anything goes if you can be
      the one in the spotlight. women jsut don't seem to be appreciated one
      way or the next unless it involves some sort of cheap sexual favor.

      Props to those artist that are standing firm in bring the positive message across, without allowing yt to help degrade the art.

      It's all tricks in one way or the next. You hang in their sister. Don't let
      one negative brother destroy the positives in your life. We all go through that, we just have to learn how to survive the hurt and pain. Their are good brothers out there sister. You will find your right Warrior King when the time is right.

      Thanks for sharing and allowing me to share with you sister.

      Peace & Blessings!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    6. #6
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      617

      Arrow


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Greetings Everyone!

      My Love Letter to Hip-Hop...

      Just bumping to keep the forum jumping....


      Peace!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    7. #7
      RecoveringAA's Avatar
      RecoveringAA is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Posts
      1,664
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      199

      linking


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      And a Darn Good one to Bump...

      If I might say so myself :cheers: :cheers:

      I think Tanya was thinking the same thing when she(or whoever wrote) wrote this song.
      http://www.assatashakur.org/forums/u...ead.php?t=6891
      Last edited by RecoveringAA; 06-26-2005 at 12:29 AM. Reason: addition

    8. #8
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      617

      Arrow


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by RecoveringAA
      And a Darn Good one to Bump...

      If I might say so myself :cheers: :cheers:

      I think Tanya was thinking the same thing when she(or whoever wrote) wrote this song.
      http://www.assatashakur.org/forums/u...ead.php?t=6891

      Greetings beloved sister Joanie!

      Yes, we have to keep the discussions going on a lot of
      these threads.

      Our people have to be able to discuss these issues.

      Everyone's participation is needed. We all have to do
      our part in addressing issues that are affecting our
      communities.

      Peace!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    9. #9
      Sadiku's Avatar
      Sadiku is offline Truth Laser

      Join Date
      May 2005
      Location
      The Belly of the Beast
      Posts
      565
      Blog Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0
      Given: 4/0
      Rep Power
      130

      Bitter Man 2


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I am glad we are not all asleep. I remember when Lauryn dropped "Doo Wop, That Thing", and in it there was a indirect reference to lil Kim which this piece talks about - The thugged out Ho with Flow rapping about sucking dicks. It is ironic that lil Kim is headed to jail now. But it was all planned. They found her guilty on all 20 charges, but found Michael not guilty on all 10 charges.
      "Life is about Death - It is a fight for survival to the very end. ." Sadiku

      "Who wants equality with murderers, thieves, rapists, cheaters, liars,
      grave robbers, baby killers, baby stealers, savages, brutes and beasts?
      Who wants equality with the devil himself?" - Sadiku

      "Who wants to integrate [into] a burning house?" - James Baldwin

      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or
      justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." - Malcolm X

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 01-09-2015, 07:35 PM
    2. A quick love letter to THE BLACK WOMAN
      By Jalili in forum Afrikan Reflections
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 12-22-2008, 04:53 PM
    3. A Love Letter to the Kings
      By BlackQueen in forum Afrikan Reflections
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 07-12-2006, 05:56 PM
    4. A Love Letter
      By TyreeA in forum Poetic Resistance - Spoken Word - Poetry
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 05-14-2006, 10:42 AM
    5. Is this love? Is this love I am feeling? Hon. Bob Marley
      By Goddess IsIs Akkebala in forum Open Forum
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 01-24-2006, 11:47 AM

    Thread Participants: 3

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  


    About

      Assata Shakur Speaks is an Forum Devoted To Assata Shakur And All Political Prisoners Around The World.
      Assata Shakur Speaks Is An Oasis Of Pan African Information Geared Towards The Liberation Of Afrikan People.

    Follow Us On

    Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr DavianArt Dribbble RSS Feed



    BACK TO TOP