Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Sadiku is offline Truth Laser

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0
      Given: 4/0

On Time On Target In Real Time

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Queen Jahness, as usual you are ontime with this blatant dsiregard and disrespect to Black people. Somebody needs their azz brought to task and heads need to roll for printing this bs. Anything to make a dollar. The way that the yt corporate mindset has operated towards us is, "If that's what the young Blacks are into (pseudo rites of passage) then why not put it out to make a few million dollars." This mindset has crossed over into the buckdancing "hnic" heads acting as vanguards of hip hop culture and it's dissemination. We should start a campaign to overload the servers and jam the phone lines at XXL. Let's work on it. This goes for anybody else who puts out this BS!!

Yeah, and I went to that link you posted, thanks for sharing this, but something has got to change... As can be gleaned from the incident with Vivica, 50 cent is keen on media manipulation to "get rich or die trying."

Whenever you're ready, I am...

"Life is about Death - It is a fight for survival to the very end. ." Sadiku

"Who wants equality with murderers, thieves, rapists, cheaters, liars,
      grave robbers, baby killers, baby stealers, savages, brutes and beasts?
      Who wants equality with the devil himself?" - Sadiku

"Who wants to integrate [into] a burning house?" - James Baldwin

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or
      justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." - Malcolm X

Elisa Keisha is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Given: 0/0

oh naw, not again! lol. I checked this page some years ago. its obbiously a mockery... but I aint sure whether its a mockery of whites or a mockery of blacks... and I really Dont care at all. Folks have too much freetime nowadays-

I just checked the "letters" section....

After looking at your website, I at first was appalled by the outlandish rhetoric that was used throughout it. However, the more I looked at the site the more I was conflicted in my views. At first glance this seems like a mockery of the black culture and made by ignorant people, however, it also seems like a mockery of white culture and its ignorance and constant quest to be "hip". So as of now, I am leaning towards the satire aspect of this website and the ignorance that it is exploiting

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

SANKOFA Asociacin Cultural
      www.myspace.com/sankofacultura
      http://sankofacultura.blogspot.com

RecoveringAA is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Wtf!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaAlchemist

WTF!!

Let ME meet a fu*cking Sally and Johnny!

so I can tell them what I "love" bout dem!

Akpe for allowing me to share

In Love of AFRIKANS home and aboard

Storm is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by ThaAlchemist
      I wonder if I am the only one that caught that? $)
      But yes, it is true, Sister Jahness.

Now that I think about it, maybe this annual issue of XXL could be beneficial in a way; if XXL was to go the route and say "rappers behind bars" or "rappers who f-ed up" instead of calling them "soldiers", that could take away from the glorification and possibly tell these youngsters that this is a life that they do NOT want to lead.

I appreciate everyone's comments on the issue (no pun intended).

and :cheers:
      I just recently heard two brothers joking around with each other. One said to the other "You can be a rapper now. You've been shot twice and been to jail." Sadly, that's true. Hey, it worked for fiddy.
      THE REVOLUTION IS COMING.....i know you hear our footsteps

Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiku
      Queen Jahness, as usual you are ontime with this blatant dsiregard and disrespect to Black people. Somebody needs their azz brought to task and heads need to roll for printing this bs. Anything to make a dollar. The way that the yt corporate mindset has operated towards us is, "If that's what the young Blacks are into (pseudo rites of passage) then why not put it out to make a few million dollars." This mindset has crossed over into the buckdancing "hnic" heads acting as vanguards of hip hop culture and it's dissemination. We should start a campaign to overload the servers and jam the phone lines at XXL. Let's work on it. This goes for anybody else who puts out this BS!!

Yeah, and I went to that link you posted, thanks for sharing this, but something has got to change... As can be gleaned from the incident with Vivica, 50 cent is keen on media manipulation to "get rich or die trying."

Whenever you're ready, I am...

Greetings Sadiku!

I agree with you something should be done. The madness has to stop. We need to create maybe a standard form letter and start emailing it to these magazines, companies etc as a unified body.

I don't think jamming the phone lines and servers of XXL or the like would be effective enough. Cuz after they fix the problem they would return to biz as usual. We need to be effective and have a real purpose with a set plan.

Well let's brainstorm and see what is the best solution. I am ready so let's do this.

Peace & Blessings!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.

If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!

Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

Working together, the ants ate the elephant.

Sadiku is offline Truth Laser

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Given: 4/0

Brainstorming, Now That's My Favorite

Brainstorming is my favorite organizing tool. How about if we start off with having a designated time and date for chat room discussion and organizing. Let's begin to discuss times and a day of the week. Wednesdays at 9:00 pm, or any other day is fine with me. I live revolution. Any day or time is good for me. Then we can brainstorm for real in real time and begin to develop real strategies and approaches. If we set a time, day of the week, or date let's always confirm by the site message system. As a backup we can always use an email address. Once we set a date let's send an invite to all the regular comrades. Thank you most gracious warrior Queen, I like having you on my team and I have an appreciation for your unrelenting dedication and work to free our people.
      "Life is about Death - It is a fight for survival to the very end. ." Sadiku

"Who wants equality with murderers, thieves, rapists, cheaters, liars,
      grave robbers, baby killers, baby stealers, savages, brutes and beasts?
      Who wants equality with the devil himself?" - Sadiku

"Who wants to integrate [into] a burning house?" - James Baldwin

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or
      justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." - Malcolm X

Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiku
      Brainstorming is my favorite organizing tool. How about if we start off with having a designated time and date for chat room discussion and organizing. Let's begin to discuss times and a day of the week. Wednesdays at 9:00 pm, or any other day is fine with me. I live revolution. Any day or time is good for me. Then we can brainstorm for real in real time and begin to develop real strategies and approaches. If we set a time, day of the week, or date let's always confirm by the site message system. As a backup we can always use an email address. Once we set a date let's send an invite to all the regular comrades. Thank you most gracious warrior Queen, I like having you on my team and I have an appreciation for your unrelenting dedication and work to free our people.
      Greetings Sadiku!

Your suggestions are well received and agreed upon.

The day and time you suggest is fine. For my email just
      use Jahness@yahoo.com

It's a pleasure to be on the same team with you also.

Thank you also comrade for being here to share with.

The change always starts with self. My only wish is to
      serve my people in any way I can.

Stay Blessed!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.

If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!

Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

Working together, the ants ate the elephant.

josteele is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Is there a plan B?

Quote Originally Posted by RecoveringAA
      Greetings Jahness,

You are always Ona Move with BlaCkceLLenT postings! Akpe for all you DO.

Yes the Mexican stamp is highly offensive and frustrating to see. Frustrating BE~cause WE have worked so hard to break these chains of racially oppressive messages, especially when other groups get in the mix of perpetrating the same bs WE have fought against here in amerikkka, jamaica, haiti, kkkanda, etc...

However, the images and messages OUR own perpetuate DOES MORE DAMAGE than the stamp. The majority of young folk of Afrikan Descent know and follow "fiddy" (damn shame) and the other "walking, talking dead" (rappers confiming their hate of self). They are not as likely to buy the stamp or have even heard of the controversy around it, what it means, and are probably clueless as to why anyone would BE offended by it in the first place.

What else to say?? WE still "catching it" (bs) from all ends, getting f*cked in every orifice availabe.

Major works are needed. WE need to really step up OUR efforts to awaken the children. WE have an obligation, no, a Spiritual mandate, to DO so.
      "The time is too late, now" (Nina Simone).

Akpe for sharing and allowing me to share

In Love of Afrikans home and abroad

First off I would like to say I dont agree with the image that Black rappers give, nor do I like the fact that they are going to be many Black childrens role-models. However, I do want to point this out. Disregarding the content of the music, and looking at it from a writers point of view the composition of many rap songs is great, they do make good music. Also, I dont see how can one blame them. I mean look at the MAJORITY of rich Black folks in the US if they aint entertainers then more than likely they arent Black their blackish. Blackish doesnt mean they talk with proper english like many whites do, thats 'indoctrinated' (or educated I forget which), blackish is a person who knows nothing of the struggle that blacks went through or dont care because they believe we bring it upon ourselves, they might as well be white. These rappers are just squeezing through the cracks, can you blame them? Have you ever been to the 'ghetto', aint nobody out their tryin to uplift Blacks, you only see that s***on TV or the internet. What is one to do when he/she aint go no father, drugged out mother, and the only 'cool' people they know participates in some sort of illegal activity. Again, I dont agree with their behavior but I do understand their passion for wanting a piece of Gods given earth. If there was another way to get the piece and they didnt join in then we should be able to look down on them. I say they grabbin what we all want, they just dont realize the harm their causing by doing so. Dang, that does remind me of the black folks who helped the white folks capture our people and bring us here, they just wanted a piece too. ITS A COLD WORLD.

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by josteele
      First off I would like to say I dont agree with the image that Black rappers give, nor do I like the fact that they are going to be many Black childrens role-models. However, I do want to point this out. Disregarding the content of the music, and looking at it from a writers point of view the composition of many rap songs is great, they do make good music. Also, I dont see how can one blame them. I mean look at the MAJORITY of rich Black folks in the US if they aint entertainers then more than likely they arent Black their blackish. Blackish doesnt mean they talk with proper english like many whites do, thats 'indoctrinated' (or educated I forget which), blackish is a person who knows nothing of the struggle that blacks went through or dont care because they believe we bring it upon ourselves, they might as well be white. These rappers are just squeezing through the cracks, can you blame them? Have you ever been to the 'ghetto', aint nobody out their tryin to uplift Blacks, you only see that s***on TV or the internet. What is one to do when he/she aint go no father, drugged out mother, and the only 'cool' people they know participates in some sort of illegal activity. Again, I dont agree with their behavior but I do understand their passion for wanting a piece of Gods given earth. If there was another way to get the piece and they didnt join in then we should be able to look down on them. I say they grabbin what we all want, they just dont realize the harm their causing by doing so. Dang, that does remind me of the black folks who helped the white folks capture our people and bring us here, they just wanted a piece too. ITS A COLD WORLD.
      Let me start by saying, I understand what you're saying. To answer your question, "How can one blame them?" I say, VERY EASILY! We are at war, my brother. In war, there is no time for exuses. To say that the only way to make it out of a messed up situation is to step on the heads of other Afrikans is crazy! We have for years said, "well I had to eat, what was I supposed to do?" That is only valid if one only cares about onself. The answer to a large portioin of our problem lies in banding together with our people and recreating ourselves. Survival is human nature, true indeed. But if there is a way to survive and flourih without hurting anyone, there is no excuse for doing otherwise. And to your point that there is nobody uplifting us in the hood, well there was nobody uplifting us in the fields either, and out of the fields came many of our Afrkian heros and sheros of legend. I'm just tired of making excuses for ourselves, King. It is time to hold eachother accountable for our actions.

HTP
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

josteele is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

ok, ok, ok...

Quote Originally Posted by AfroNinpo
      Let me start by saying, I understand what you're saying. To answer your question, "How can one blame them?" I say, VERY EASILY! We are at war, my brother. In war, there is no time for exuses. To say that the only way to make it out of a messed up situation is to step on the heads of other Afrikans is crazy! We have for years said, "well I had to eat, what was I supposed to do?" That is only valid if one only cares about onself. The answer to a large portioin of our problem lies in banding together with our people and recreating ourselves. Survival is human nature, true indeed. But if there is a way to survive and flourih without hurting anyone, there is no excuse for doing otherwise. And to your point that there is nobody uplifting us in the hood, well there was nobody uplifting us in the fields either, and out of the fields came many of our Afrkian heros and sheros of legend. I'm just tired of making excuses for ourselves, King. It is time to hold eachother accountable for our actions.

HTP

You are right about the insanity of turning against our own race, there is no reason to do it, except personal gains. But the point you made about nobody uplifting us in the fields, doesnt really relate to the situations in the ghettos. True it seemed as if the whole world was against us then and it feels the same way now, but they had someone then because they had each other. Aint no WE in the ghetto, its only he, she, or ME. Im not saying this is the way it should be, but this is the way it is. Our ancestors had nobody to turn to in their times of turmoil except each other, we now turn to everybody except each other. That makes me realize I think we need a new thread...

(thanks kindly for the input).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information