Nas Buries 50 Cent On New Diss Track
by: John Kennedy
Tue, July 26th, 2005

http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/news/84924.php

Nas’ long-awaited response to 50 Cent’s “Piggy Bank” has finally been released Monday as a diss track titled, “MC Burial.”

On a slowed and altered “Ordinary People” backdrop, Nas spits fierce lines in 50’s direction.

“They say Jada defeated him, Joe too street for him / So I guess now it’s time for Nas to ether him,” Nas declares. “It’s on nigga, I’ma bury ‘em / these niggas don’t want beef, they’re vegetarian.”

The battle first began when 50 took Nas’ partnership with Murder Inc. as a breach of their friendship. As 50 recalls, Nas first replaced him on J-Lo’s hit song, “I’m Gonna Be Alright” without any notification, all of which 50 claims was the behind-the-scenes work of Murder Inc. head, Irv Gotti. 50’s next grievance was the former ally’s siding with Murder Inc. on “The Pledge.”

50 then put the battle on wax on the aforementioned “Piggy Bank,” as he tossed shots at both Nas and his new wife, Kelis, calling Nas a sucker for love.

On “MC Burial” Nas retaliates with: “You’re a sucker for death if I'm a sucker for love.”

Nas then proceeds to fire his own attacks on the fellow-Queens rapper.

“And y’all wanna know why I ain't gotta answer niggas / Cause I truly understand these niggas / Scared of me so they talk about family members / Like I can't point out your grandma, nigga.”

The track comes despite Nas’ previous comments that he would only respond to worthy competition, implying that 50 is not a laudable challenger.

Nas is currently preparing his eight solo studio album, which he is tentatively calling NASDAQ Dow Jones.