Forgot your password?

RecoveringAA is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0

What is happening here?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Greetings of Afreekan Love Family,

I am Joanie, a RE~covering Afreekan amerikkkan and RE~presentative from the Voices in the Margins.

Sizzla Kalonji Launches "Got to Be Strong" U.S. Tour

Sizzla Signs with Damon Dash Music Group

Philadelphia, PA - Aug 09, 2005 Jamaican Dave Productions and Legendary Records brings to you the highly anticipated Sizzla “Got To Be Strong” Tour. Kicking off in August, Sizzla’s four week tour sets it’s sites on Philadelphia’s Electric Factory on Friday, August 19th. The tour starts on the heels of a new hit single with Foxy Brown and a new contract with the Damon Dash Music Group. The alliance between Sizzla Kalonji and former Roc-A- Fella Records CEO, Damon Dash signals the start of a new musical era.
      From the moment it was released in 2003, Sizzla’s Grammy nominated album “Da Real Thing” was hailed as a brilliant masterpiece. Showcasing his artistic ability and versatility, singles such as "Dry Cry" and "Thank You Mama" pushed Sizzla to the forefront of reggae. Spending months at the top of the reggae charts, "Da Real Thing" marked a landmark in his already bustling career. Not since the release of his brilliant 1997 albums "Praise Ye Jah" and "Black Woman and Child" had the full range of Sizzla's talent and creativity been so boldly displayed. His reggae rough deejaying style and melodious singing voice can't help but demand acknowledgment.

It didn't take long for Sizzla Kalonji to hit with America's Urban audience. The hip-hop community caught on when Rap artist, Ja Rule sampled and remixed over Sizzla's hit song "Solid As A Rock". Since then, numerous international artists and producers have reached out to collaborate with Reggae's most influential artist. Def Jam producers recruited Sizzla to collaborate with hip-hop's female bombshell, Foxy Brown to create 2005's hottest summer anthem “Come Fly With Me”, which is currently blazing up radio request lines across America and working its' way to the top of the Billboard charts. Gaining momentum after each spin, "Come Fly With Me" has captured the attention of music lovers around the world.

Now, with a new contract with Damon Dash Music Group, Sizzla Kalonji's is receiving the high praise and recognition that he is so deserving of. As Sizzla inspires people to keep on surviving, embrace the pangs of love and burn out defiant forces, his fire continues to burn brighter as he takes his career to the next level.

Sizzla Kalonji, Friday, August 19th at the Electric Factory. Electric Factory is located at 7th & Willow Streets in Philadelphia, PA. Doors open at 8:00pm and showtime is 10:00pm. Tickets are $30.00 in advance and are available through Ticketmaster box offices, www. ticketmaster.com, Electric Factory box offices and local Caribbean Outlets in Delaware, New Jersey, Philadelphia and surrounding areas. For more information call 215-568-3222.

Debbie Davis
      Public Relations Director
      302-275-0454 debbie1ann@yahoo.com

Electric Factory is located at 7th & Willow Streets in Philadelphia, PA. Tickets on Sale now. $30 in advance. Doors at 8:00pm. Shwotime at 10:00pm.

Does this sound to anyone else that this is an indication he is BE~ginning to go 'unconscious'? His messages have always been extremly powerful and clear yet, to team with these folks...???

Akpe for allowing me to share
      Last edited by RecoveringAA; 08-10-2005 at 02:07 PM. Reason: add picture

Daisho is offline The Ghost Swordsman

B.K.N.Y. The Far East: Onyx Buddha Has Risen
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Empty Gods=Full Pockets...Cash Still Rules.

Perhaps, lets just see how the new project turns out before we declare what appears to be the obvious.
      In The Midst Of The Secret Wars...Deliberate, Strategize, Execute, Finalize, Clean Up What You`ve Carved Away, Reexamine The Conclusion & The Motivation, Master It, Record The Lessons & Move On!-Daisho*

Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0

Arrow

Greetings Sister Joanie, and Daisho!

Sizzla is an entertainer first and foremost. His music career will include collaboration with other music companies, and individual artists.

Now I don't think that it's automatically bad that he joins with some of these people. We could look at it the other way, maybe something positive will come out of all these joint adventures.

By the way what is the downside to working with any of these people mentioned. I don't know much about some of these people who you mentioned he will be collaborating with. If you can give me some more
      info, just for the sake of the discussion please.

Sizzla doesn't have to stay with these people forever, depending on his contract. so far he seems to have his head on right in the sense of his choices in his career. I don't really see this as a sign of him beginning
      to be unconscious. Remember Sizzla is an artist and his career choices
      will not only revolve around who we all like. He is considering his income
      level as well as broadening his audience base. lol

Thanks for the update on Sizzla sister Joanie. :o

Thanks for sharing and allowing me to share.

Peace & Blessings!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.

If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!

Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

Working together, the ants ate the elephant.

RecoveringAA is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by Jahness
      Greetings Sister Joanie, and Daisho!

Sizzla is an entertainer first and foremost. His music career will include collaboration with other music companies, and individual artists.

Now I don't think that it's automatically bad that he joins with some of these people. We could look at it the other way, maybe something positive will come out of all these joint adventures.

By the way what is the downside to working with any of these people mentioned. I don't know much about some of these people who you mentioned he will be collaborating with. If you can give me some more
      info, just for the sake of the discussion please.

Sizzla doesn't have to stay with these people forever, depending on his contract. so far he seems to have his head on right in the sense of his choices in his career. I don't really see this as a sign of him beginning
      to be unconscious. Remember Sizzla is an artist and his career choices
      will not only revolve around who we all like. He is considering his income
      level as well as broadening his audience base. lol

Thanks for the update on Sizzla sister Joanie. :o

Thanks for sharing and allowing me to share.

Peace & Blessings!
      And Greetings to you Sister Jahness,

Jahness,
      Yes I can overstand the need for "entertainers" to colloborate with a variety of artist and music companies. I also agree, that his collaboration with Foxy Brown and Damon Dash does not automatically signal a fall into unconsciousness...hence my question...or wondering out loud...."what is happening".

I Do know that foxy brown and roc-a fella records have had a notorious history for promoting sex, violence, drugs, misogny etc...all that has been a detriment to OUR youth from the hip hop world.

I also agree that an "entertainer's" primary objective is "getting paid" for what they DO. If they can DO so by providing conscious music or art....(if they have it in them) that is there preference.

I certainly hope something *positive* comes out of this. And, No, WE don't always like or agree with the choices OUR BE~loved "entertainers" make. Like WE did not like bill cosby's statements about the "folks in the margins", or michael jackson's beginning changes back in the 70's to 80's was it. Or tavis smiley's allowing money and fame to go to his head the way it seems to have.

So, I'm with Dashio, will continue to wait, watch and see. The Truth will Be re~vealed all in good time.

More on Foxy Brown can Be found here: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Plaza/8359/foxy/

This site seems to have difficulty handling volume or something. It allowed me to view the pic gallery up to #5, then had to reload itself or something. It was better the second time around.

This is an old pic of her.....She has been a bit underground for a while. I hope she is making some changes. I know she took a lot of heat from the conscious community when she first hit the scenes.

Here is a sample of her lyrics:
      Big Bad Mamma

Verse One:
      "Playa haters every minute wanna stop my dough (uh-huh)
      And every other minute wanna rock my flow (you know)
      And every third minute, y'all wanna swerve in it
      Come quick like a virgin in it... aowwww!
      So far, came through this year with no bra
      Sheer shirt, shakin my Na Na, this head hurt
      Got em strung, let em know I'm like a Icee
      for the best effect you got to use your tongue
      Find my G-Spot get me hot I'm ill
      Foxy, chocolate baby, Got Milk?
      Shake that ass like you just don't care
      Cause y'all just rookies of the year, what?
      Work niggaz, like you one of the live niggaz
      Fly niggaz, known to handle a pie nigga
      Chick in the, off-white pearl six
      on the cellular, gettin them open like Girl 6
      It's on"

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...xy/page11.html

Will Be back with more on Damon Dash...

Kealeboga

Thread Information