BLACKFIST is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Master P Launches Katrina Relief Fund

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Master P Launches Katrina Relief Effort; Plans Benefit Concert, Album
      By Allen Starbury

As the devastation of Hurricane Katrina left thousands homeless and New Orleans submerged under many feet of water, rap mogul and native of the city, Master P, has worked tirelessly working to coordinate relief efforts to help citizens cope with one of the most catastrophic natural disaster ever experienced on US soil.

As the rapper works to help the city's people, he still hasn't heard from part of his family -- his dad, Percy Miller Sr. and his wife Sonya's sister. Over the past weekend, P traveled to New Orleans to help family members out of the city to relative's homes in Houston, Texas, Baton Rouge and Lafayette.

"Too many people cherish material things. They should be concerned about being alright. They should cherish their lives," said Master P. "Talking to people who stayed, man...they're just in shock. Seeing bodies floating in the water, seeing family and people they know and grew up with dead, watching neighbors trapped in attics, trying to get out and then knowing that they drown -- it's just awful."

Master P was one of many who lost their home in the hurricane. According to reports, P lost all of his homes, and all his of his family members lost their homes as well. Even rapper Juvenile has lost his home and was devastated by the destruction of his city.

"I am obviously devastated by my personal loss, but thank God that I was able to get my family out," said Juve.

P spent part of Wednesday -- in his Los Angeles home -- on the phone trying to organize a relief effort. He spoke with New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin and the suits at BET in hopes to gain their support.

"As a native of New Orleans, me, my wife Sonya and my son Romeo have formed Team Rescue to help our community affected by the devastation of Hurricane Katrina," P said in a statement. "We are contributing our own money toward items such as food, clothes and shoes and we are also reaching out to corporations for donations."

In addition, Sonya is reaching out to companies to provide product donations for mothers, like Pampers and Gerber baby food. P is also organizing a Save Our Hood concert and album to raise additional funds, while Romeo is calling on his teenaged peers for help with donations.

For those in need or who wish to make a donation can call Master P's Team Rescue hotline at 888.886.7377. For more information please go to www.teamrescueone.com.

Los
      Los is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Thanks, I posted this all over =)
      When tyranny is law, revolution is order

Thread Information