Quote Originally Posted by Elisa_Keisha
      jajaja, Bush had any problems

DarkManJah is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 4/0
      Given: 2/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Kanye is becoming more overrated. He ticked off white folks for just a minute because they know that a blackman who loves jesus as much as he professes in his songs, is gonna protect their interest no matter what, with an occassional outburst implying otherwise. So, let's not be so gullible. He did not impress me then, he does not now (but i still got luv for him cause he still our brother). His conviction to christianity minimizes politically his criticism of Bush.
      Jesus walks? i hope Jesus falls flat on his white, fukin' face, in the minds of our people. Kanye is part of the mainstream hip-hop crowd (a slave tradition with Afrikan origins but no political convictions), and as such, he is incapable of sincere struggle, words or deeds, especially since i heard him say that his success is akin to a spiritual enlightenment. That did it for me, that material success, for him, is somehow spiritually divined. He said this on a mtv interview tih the conscious-looking, dredded brother, who is also without substance cause he works for mtv, though he could be an undercover insurgent, like many of us whose paychecks are signed by craccas. We'll see ( because hearing iz nothing) sooner or later.

QueenWarriorNefertari is offline QUEEN CYNEQUA

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Arrow Hold Up.

Why do we have to gullible???

You seem very judgemental Dark. Now, in a space and time when not even supposed conscious people and revolutionaries share there supposed true feelings about Bush and this country only with other supposed revolutionaries instead of in front of the whole world, where you can lose this status or fame you've worked in your career to build, as all entertainers do, I find what Kanye said and how he said it, when he said, around who said PHENOMENAL.

Cuz alot of us talk our smack ON THIS BOARD...but I'm waiting to see folks go Worldwide International with it as well. Some of us doing it.. but so many of us, who are QUICK to judge and critique are the LAST to step up on serious isht.

And thats just what I'm seeing, hearing and feeling at present. If I'm wrong, aight.

Salaamu Brother.
      Black Beyond Belief
      QUEEN BE AFROHEMIAN.

DJ RBG is offline S1W-Insurgent

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up Yo fuck that lets not attack the messenger

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManJah
      Kanye is becoming more overrated. He ticked off white folks for just a minute because they know that a blackman who loves jesus as much as he professes in his songs, is gonna protect their interest no matter what, with an occassional outburst implying otherwise. So, let's not be so gullible. He did not impress me then, he does not now (but i still got luv for him cause he still our brother). His conviction to christianity minimizes politically his criticism of Bush.
      Jesus walks? i hope Jesus falls flat on his white, fukin' face, in the minds of our people. Kanye is part of the mainstream hip-hop crowd (a slave tradition with Afrikan origins but no political convictions), and as such, he is incapable of sincere struggle, words or deeds, especially since i heard him say that his success is akin to a spiritual enlightenment. That did it for me, that material success, for him, is somehow spiritually divined. He said this on a mtv interview tih the conscious-looking, dredded brother, who is also without substance cause he works for mtv, though he could be an undercover insurgent, like many of us whose paychecks are signed by craccas. We'll see ( because hearing iz nothing) sooner or later.

You know, my pops shared with me that when James Brown made "Say it loud Im Black and Proud" in the 60s it forced other mainstream R & B groups to join in like the Temptations "Message To The BlackMan" Curtis Mayfields "Choice Of Colors" etc.
      Kayne West as far as Im concerned did his job, even if he doesnt do anything else, his sharpening of the contradition of what is or isnt transpiring in the Gulf States in regards to our People must be commended, Yo fuck that lets not attack the messenger, ya dig?
      " Fried, Baked, Grilled, Boiled Or Smoked, The Only Good Pig, Is A Dead Pig...Fuck The Holice!!!"

RecoveringAA is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Yo fuck that lets not attack the messenger, ya dig?
      yep...

'don't throw the baby out with the bathwater"

he looked scared at crap..yet...HE SAID IT...and on mass media...Brillant!

WE need more of that like QWN suggests.

Thumbs Up/Down

Smile

*singing* "Im not saying Im a gold digga Im just not fucking with you broke niggas"
      " Fried, Baked, Grilled, Boiled Or Smoked, The Only Good Pig, Is A Dead Pig...Fuck The Holice!!!"

Thumbs Up/Down

Smile

Look Ma what we caught, with no bait.......

Thumbs Up/Down

Wow. Nice propraganda
      "I come with my heart bearing truth, and there are no lies in it..."

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

Too bad Kanye West didn't have Dead Prez on his album.

lotuswombman is offline Ntr Hmt Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Talking I Ain't Sayin' He's A Golddigger (Bush Remix)

Greetings Family!!!!

I had the pleasure recently of listening to this song. It is a remix of Kanye West's original "I ain't sayin' she's a Golddigger," and as such, it is actually a take off our brother's words about the current President Bush and his recent actions (or lack thereof) during Hurricane Katrina.

It is composed by a group called "The Legendary K.O." and they have the following to say about this remix and Hurricane Katrina...

LEGENDARY K.O. PRESS RELEASE
      The Legendary K.O. delivers powerful message against George W. Bush Through Song “George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People” Receives Widespread Acclaim

As the world has seen and heard by now, rapper Kanye West expressed his frustration at the Katrina relief efforts and his thoughts on U.S. President George W. Bush last week during a nationally televised benefit. While his thoughts and statement have received much attention, a rap group from Houston, The Legendary K.O., has taken it one step further and recorded a song, entitled “George Bush Don't Like Black People”, using the Kanye West “Gold Digger” instrumental.

The song, available for free download through www.k-otix.com , received over 10,000 downloads in the first day alone, with listeners ranging from the U.S. to Europe and Japan.

Legendary K.O. member Micah Nickerson lives minutes away from the Astrodome, where many Katrina victims are being housed, came up with the song concept immediately after hearing Kanye West's remarks.

“I had really wanted to write about this in the first-person, as someone stuck in New Orleans and left by this administration to basically fend for myself, but was having trouble putting the emotions I felt into words. When I heard Kanye during the benefit, the rest as they say was history,” said Micah.

The song was recorded and included on a friend's web site promoting new music from various artists (www.fwmj.com). Within a day, his site was overwhelmed with the traffic, as users were flocking to download the song.

Damien Randle, the other member of The Legendary K.O., says that the song expresses their and many others feelings about this administration.

“No matter which side of the political debate we reside on, I think we can all agree that this situation represents the ultimate human tragedy, and highlights the need for sweeping improvements in some of the most fundamental segments of society. The safety and well-being of all people should always be considered first, and we felt compelled to express that through song,” said Damien.

The Legendary K.O. is not staying on the sidelines during this tragedy, making music, but not taking action. Micah and Damien have also donated food, clothes, and time to local organizations and urge anyone that has not donated to please do so.

Their actions have also caught the attention of numerous media outlets, including MTV.com: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/150...headlines=true

The group is also available for print, radio, and TV interviews. To set-up interviews now, please contact The Legendary KO at k-otix@k-otix.com

Suggested sites for donations:

http://www.houstonhurricaneaid.org/

Family... Check out the Link Below & ENJOY!!!!!!

I Aint Sayin' He's A Golddigger (The Remix)
      "A Nation can Rise NO HIGHER than its' WOMAN!" -The Most Hon. Elijah Muhammad

Akyeame Kwame is offline Abibikasawura

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

Thumbs Up/Down

Talking It pays to READ!!!

Brother

Thanks for the Insight! Didnt realize that it had been posted already!!!LOL!!! It does pay to READ!!!!

Peace
      Lotuswombman

Akyeame Kwame is offline Abibikasawura

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

Quote Originally Posted by lotuswombman
      Brother

Thanks for the Insight! Didnt realize that it had been posted already!!!LOL!!! It does pay to READ!!!!

Peace
      Lotuswombman
      no doubt...i did the same thing when i first joined (shoot, i still do it now sometimes)...

the search feature comes in handy...it's hard to beat all these Afrikans up in here to a story...

AK-47
      Learn Twi, Yoruba and Wolof ||| Live Interactive Online

Abibitumi Kasa Afrikan Liberation Institute

Abibitumi Kasa Ning Network

Thumbs Up/Down

Talking True Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Akyeame Kwame
      no doubt...i did the same thing when i first joined (shoot, i still do it now sometimes)...

the search feature comes in handy...it's hard to beat all these Afrikans up in here to a story...

AK-47
      THAT'S REAL!!!
      THANKS AGAIN FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT & THE INSIGHT!

PEACE
      LOTUSWOMBMAN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information