SoularFlarez is offline Her-Em-Akhet

Afrika iz my Block but tha whole Earth iz my Hood
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nzinga

THANK YOU!
      Sistas have to realize that if you play the role of the "females" that these rappers are talking about in their music, the male listeners are gonna put two and two together and thus treat you as the subject.
      The b*tch and H*e talk ends with us. We must value ourselves more.
      But to open another can of worms, it's hard because a lot of our sisters don't have the male role model because their fathers have run out. That's just the reality. So to get male attention they do what they see in these nasty videos. Brothas need to higher their standards of women as well, and believe that they deserve a better quality of woman.
      Together we can make a difference.
      so true...i am tryen to let these sistas know that ESPECIALLY younger ones...and to tell the brothas how n WHY sum the females act how they do....

SoularFlarez is offline Her-Em-Akhet

Afrika iz my Block but tha whole Earth iz my Hood
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by ThaAlchemist
      I agree with you, Sister. The man has to hold the female in a higher regard, because that could be the spark for the lower self-esteem Sisters to bring out the Queen in themselves.

Thank you all for your input.

and :cheers:

yeah....it seem alot EASIER to inspire that in a female too i notice that

Nzinga is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Queen
      So because a sister doesnt value herself, thats an excuse for a brother to go hog wild?
      Of course not, but that's the reason that he does it. There are always exceptions, but what i've witnessed in my short life is that people tend to reflect what you potray. If someone respects themself, people tend to give them respect. It's a "you get what you put out" type of thing.
      I stay on campus and I see sistas all day degrading themselves, and brothas seem to happily join in.
      Now I'm not saying that there aren't men who just have zero respect for women in general, however, a lot of men say that they'll "treat a b*tch like a b*tch". We need to take a firmer hand with our young ladies as women.
      And men the same with young brothas. Together we can make the difference(which we both agreed upon)
      Creatures Spawned from Africa Have an inner sense of pride Time for us to tap back into that

Rebel Queen is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

lot of men say that they'll "treat a b*tch like a b*tch".
      I think in situations as such, both the man and womans mentality is at fault. I am in no way saying that a woman should be walking around with her stuff hanging out. But whenever i hear comments like that from men or even women, it reminds me of what the police do to black men just because of the way they may dress or just because they may have a fro or locs. Whether thats what happens or not does not make it right and i guarantee that when i have my son, the day i ever hear him speak of any sister like that whether she has on sweats are walking around in her underwear, i will knock his a** out. WE really need to start uplifting each other and get out of this habit of treating a hoe like a hoe... or a ni**er like a ni**er. That goes for both men and women. You know its one thing when u try to uplift a sister or a brother but they dont listen(what can u do then), but to see a sister thats dressed like what u may call a "hoe"... instead of a brother or even another sister saying she needs help... the first thing they say is she a hoe.. whats wrong with us man??? I dont care how realistic this is.. it doesnt make it right. Just as it doesnt make it right for a sister to call a brother a dirty ni**a just cause he walking around in some saggy pants... i dont get it man...We need to take a firmer hand with both our sisters and our brothers... Thanks for the dialogue sis!

BlkSpartacus is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Very true

I Agree with Rebel Queen, the lack of support is so disgusting. We tend to criticize one without even questioning why that person might dress or act a certain way. Everyone wants to be better than someone even if it means degrading the next person. My question how much better can you be if that person that your knocking might be from the same neighborhood as you.
      "You think if there really is a God, he would agree with the man that shot Joanne Chesimard(F*** Naw) You listen what I learn to tell, I got a prophecy them crackers that framed Herman Bell gonna burn in Hell.". Saigon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information