Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
      Akyeame Kwame is offline Abibikasawura

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0
      Given: 0/0

Commentary: Why Do Black Rappers Give Eminem a Free Pass for Dissing Black Women?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Commentary: Why Do Black Rappers Give Eminem a Free Pass for Dissing Black Women?

Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2005
      By: Gregory Kane, BlackAmericaWeb.com
      Okay, so I’ve officially died and gone to hell.

I actually agree with Suge Knight.

I was in the supermarket and passed the magazine stand. There it was. The October issue of XXL magazine with a scowling Suge Knight and Petey Pablo on the cover.

Now this is the same magazine that featured a “prison issue” with 50 Cent and Tony Yayo on the cover. I’m still bristling about that issue. So there was no way I was going to buy this magazine, right?

Wrong. Hey, the way Suge looked on the cover, I was scared NOT to buy it. What if the guy found out I passed this stand and didn’t cop this issue?

Besides, the tease indicated Suge had quite a bit to say: “Suge Knight denies Biggie murder accusation, calls out Snoop, accuses Dr. Dre of snitching, questions Eminem’s past, attacks The Game, wants to sign Shyne and praises his new protege Petey Pablo.”

Kind of hard to pass this one up.

And so, right at the top of the interview, Suge let Eminem have it.

“This is a guy who as an artist comes out and says all black women is n*gga b*tches and gold diggers … When you start saying black women is n*gga b*tches and gold diggers, then I got a problem ‘cause I got a mother. I got daughters.”

When the interviewer suggested that black rappers have no more respect for black women than Eminem does, Suge reminded him that Marshall Mathers ain’t exactly in the club.

“You cross the line when you start stereotyping a race,” Knight said. “Eminem be making his money off black people and black culture, then turning ‘round and degrading black women. He’s a racist.”

Knight also had harsh criticism for black rappers who diss each other in their tunes but haven’t pulled Eminem up for his attack on black women.

“You got a lot of these artists dissing on record … A lot of ‘em talking about keeping it real, how they off the block and all that bullsh*t. They’ll talk about every artist in the business and they mama. Except Eminem.”

Later in the interview, Knight gave his theory about why no black rapper has taken Eminem to task on a record or anywhere else.

“These guys got the slave mentality,” Knight said. “I mean, if the slave master come in, talk about your wife, call her all kinda bitches, have sex with her. What you gonna do, just watch? The point is, if you black you should be pissed off. And if you white you should be pissed off, ‘cause this guy bringing bullsh*t to you and the industry. Hip-hop supposed to be the bridge between the suburbs and the ghetto, and this guy’s cutting it off.”

When the interviewer asked Knight if he’d like to have a conversation with Eminem, he answered “You (bleeping) right I want to have a conversation with this (bleep). And I will.”

Why do I get the feeling that conversation will include some pimp-slapping?

The bizarre analogy to slavery aside, Knight does have a point. Black rappers have all kinds of silly “beefs” with each other. They diss each other on their records. They diss each other for the stupidest of reasons.

For some reason, Eminem disrespects black women and gets a free pass. Why?

Could it be that all too many black rappers feel the same way about black women?

Hey, I’ve seen their videos. Most of them have that “Tip Drill” theme going on. Remember “Tip Drill”?

The sisters at Spelman College would like to forget it. Nelly released the “Tip Drill” video a few years back. Then he was invited to visit Spelman. After watching “Tip Drill,” some black women at the school told Nelly not to bother showing up.
      Learn Twi, Yoruba and Wolof ||| Live Interactive Online

Abibitumi Kasa Afrikan Liberation Institute

Abibitumi Kasa Ning Network

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

It's the mindset of these black rappers that is the problem. Some of these artist don't respect black women so how are they going to stand up and protect her when someone else is degrading her? They can't do a damn thing about it, matter of fact they probably agree with Eminem. I heard what Eminem said, and I really don't see a difference with what he said and some of these other rappers like Dogg Pound Gangstas, 11/5 and the list goes on.

Out of the whole 30 years of Hip Hop these current rappers are some of the sorriest rappers ever!
      Last edited by New Dwaben Chief; 09-23-2005 at 05:01 PM.

Akyeame Kwame is offline Abibikasawura

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

Quote Originally Posted by New Dwaben Chief
      It's the mindset of these black rappers that is the problem. Some of these artist don't respect black women so how are they going to stand up and protect her when someone else is degrading her? They can't do a damn thing about it, matter of fact they probably agree with Eminem. I heard what Eminem said, and I really don't see a difference with what he said and some of Dogg Pound Gangstas music, or 11/5 etc.

Out of the whole 30 years of Hip Hop these current rappers are some of the sorriest rappers ever!
      "I wonder if these wack @#%$ realize they wack
      And they the reason my people say they tired of rap!"

Common
      "Chi-City"
      Learn Twi, Yoruba and Wolof ||| Live Interactive Online

Abibitumi Kasa Afrikan Liberation Institute

Abibitumi Kasa Ning Network

Cherubim is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Eminem is a fake punk ass white boy who is being promoted by the Whites who control the entertainment industry for various reasons.

First of all, he's a white boy who claimes to be from the Detroit area...the Blackest city in the nation but one of the most politically weak cities in America.
      But infact, he's really from Kansas City.
      They are trying to paint the city white and destroy the Black population which is why you have entertainers like Eminin, Kid Rock, and Uncle Cracker who are NOT from Detroit but claim it and rep it every chance they get.

Los Angeles is only 15-20% Black and everytime I see a movie or televison show about L.A. it's packed with Black people partying and grinning. Detroit is damn near all Black and it barely is recognized on the map...there's a reason for that.

Secondly, white men are tired of seeing their women and young girls faint and slobber all over Black rappers. They see us as more macho and generally more masculine in nature and the Black rapper is the epitome of "cool". So they need a white answer to the Black problem.
      Country and Alternative music isn't getting the job done, so they have to infiltrate rap music to promote white masculinity with people like Eminin and Vanilla Ice.

Not only do I have a problem with Emininem, but I have a problem with the dumb ass negroes who assist him and help build him up.

Like Dr. Dre who jumped over thousands of more qualified Black rappers just to sign him up and help him start his own lable and clothing line.

And "G-Unit" is a joke.
      The "G" actually stands for Gorilla (not guerilla).

You KNOW black men who volutarily name themselves after an animal like that must be mentally distrubed.

This imposter cracker is even rapping on tracks done by Biggie and Tupac as if they wree alive today and are best friends with him.
      The teens of today don't remember when Pac and Big were killed and they don't know deception from reality. So when they here Eminem rapping with Tupac and doing his tracks...they think the two were cool.

It's a desecration to the memory of both if you ask me.

I keep saying....but no one wants to believe me.....

It has to be something they're putting in our food that makes these silly negroes act the way they do and can't see that they're being made a fool out of.

BlkSpartacus is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

What a joke

There sould be no pass for that cracker, all those thoughtalking rappers said nathan. I believe one of the few that did say something were Mac10. Stop giving that devil a ghetto pass.
      "You think if there really is a God, he would agree with the man that shot Joanne Chesimard(F*** Naw) You listen what I learn to tell, I got a prophecy them crackers that framed Herman Bell gonna burn in Hell.". Saigon

Nia Maishani is offline 1 in a Billion Twin-Soul

Thumbs Up/Down

die, kkkrakkka, die

The only rapper who ever comes to mind when I think of who has had the testicles to break that pale pile of dung bastard m&m down like a cheap barbie doll is Esham. His other archenemy is Insane Clown Posse, although admittedly, I'm not real familar with their music. But Esham on the other hand, if you listen to his music that has preceded m&m's, you will see clearly that m&m flat out hijacked Esham's ideas & concepts. And Esham has flat out called him on it.

dr dre-- you gets zero respect.

xzibit-- you gets negative five respect.

snoop-- you gets negative ten respect.

Every last one of you negro male prostitutes in the business who are selling your souls for a chicken wing & biscuit at the expense of the honor of the black Mother of Civilization, gets negative infinity respect.

One of the best examples of how black rappers are in the bed with the yurugu whitus boyus domesticus is on xzibit's album Restless. It is sickening in every way. There is more disrespect for the black Wombman on that album than I can recall hearing on any other. snoop and m&m both make substantial appearances on that album. Then again, so does KRS-One and I think Rass Kass, and Eric Sermon (?)!. "Sorry I'm Away So Much" was a straight rip-off of a concept song originated by Esham.

m&m appears on the album in a song most arrogantly dissing his fans--I think it's called "Don't Approach Me". One lost negro I know once told me how he saw m&m on mr.charlie television (mtv), on his own show, and that he turned around to the camera and then pulled down his pants and bent over into the camera, while talking to Insane Clown Posse. The negro thought that was amusing.

We love to let yurugu achieve gains--mostly through co-optation, and slither its way to the top on our backs.

I can hardly wait to hear about the bloodbath Suge will be running for the clot.
      Resident
      Blackalicious
      Guedebuster

Nia Maishani
      SmJ

"Walk like you're chosen." ~Grand Verbalizer

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 6/0

I agree Eminem is a total mockery of the kulture. Him and the Gorilla Unit are total fools.

Baba Ahmed is offline Honorable Ancestor

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

It's the mindset of these black rappers that is the problem. Some of these artist don't respect black women so how are they going to stand up and protect her when someone else is degrading her? They can't do a damn thing about it, matter of fact they probably agree with Eminem. I heard what Eminem said, and I really don't see a difference with what he said and some of these other rappers like Dogg Pound Gangstas, 11/5 and the list goes on.

My yung brutha it may be hard for u to understand this: "M&M" is sweet candy and white! Im way outta the so called HipHop "culture." I hope the brutha knocks his ass all the way out, if they meet. I mean do a pistol whip on'im. That'll be keep'n it real. I ain't gon debate anybody 'bout it. That's what I did once buffed a white boys noggin free of skin and left knots and bumps for him to remember to not let his mouf get his ass in trouble.

Now I agree non of the foul talk'n sistas is cool; nor vice versa....
      Free Dome Zone

http://www.oneblackearth.com
      http://oneblackearth.tripod.com
      ==========================

PayPal ready.

Thumbs Up/Down

One of the reasons Eminem is gaining so much popularity is that he does have a little talent.

Not nearly the talent rappers of the past have had, but they promote bull sh*t artists on the radio rapping about the same crap so much and give them such heavy rotation that all a white boy with a little talent has to do is come on rapping about social issues and all of a sudden he's the savior of hiphop.

It's the oldest trick in the book.

Create a problem, then offer a solution.

They won't show Jodeci, 112, or Dru Hill on television in concert...but every 2 weeks they have Britney Spears, J-Lo, or the Back Street Boys on promoting thier talent.

BlackIsPower is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

[QUOTE=Cherubim]One of the reasons Eminem is gaining so much popularity is that he does have a little talent.

DISSING YA MOMS AND SAYING YOU WANT TO KILL HER AND DOWN TALKING YA WIFE ON DAMN NEAR EVERY SONG IS "TALENT"? YOU KNOW WHY SOME OF THESE UNCLE TOMS LIKE EMINEM ? IT'S BECAUSE WHEN YOU HEAR THAT BULLSHIT ON THE RADIO EVERY 20 MINUTES OF THE DAY AND SEE HIS VIDEOS 24/7 YOU'RE GETTING PROGRAMMED TO "LIKE" THAT TYPE OF THING ..... TRUTH IS EMINEM WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT DRE, THE FACT IS THAT EMINEM KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE AND RAPS ABOUT UTTER B.S AND IF YOU NOT CAREFUL YOU'LL START TO BELIEVE HE'S ACTUALLY "DOWN" FOR THE CAUSE . RAPPIN ON A FEW POLITICAL SONGS AND PUTTING SOME WACK ASS BLACK RAPPERS ON DON'T MEAN EMINEM SHOULD GET A "BLACK PASS" HE'S PIMPIN BLACK CULTURE AND HE'S ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH IT SUGE KNIGHT SHOULD GO SEE THAT TRANSPARENT BASTID WITH SOME BRASS KNUCKLES AND ALSO PAY DRE SELF HATING ASS A VISIT AS WELL
      Word is bond,bond is life i give my life before my word shall fail /a soldiers oath/freedom or death/I won't stop if I fail,If I fail I get back up can't be soft /gotta be tough/failure is NOT a option/Real recognize Real/let's get it poppin /with mathematics you can solve any problem /that's how we make it to the Top from the Bottom -Dead Prez

Thumbs Up/Down

Some of these artist don't respect black women so how are they going to stand up and protect her when someone else is degrading her?
      That is IT in a nutshell. We are so unprotected by today's society that so many of us are stripping sexin' and all sorts of other compromising things for survival.

We need the protection of our black men.....

Dahiyya

Thumbs Up/Down

Black Is Power:

DISSING YA MOMS AND SAYING YOU WANT TO KILL HER AND DOWN TALKING YA WIFE ON DAMN NEAR EVERY SONG IS "TALENT"? YOU KNOW WHY SOME OF THESE UNCLE TOMS LIKE EMINEM ? IT'S BECAUSE WHEN YOU HEAR THAT BULLSHIT ON THE RADIO EVERY 20 MINUTES OF THE DAY AND SEE HIS VIDEOS 24/7 YOU'RE GETTING PROGRAMMED TO "LIKE" THAT TYPE OF THING ..... TRUTH IS EMINEM WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT DRE, THE FACT IS THAT EMINEM KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE AND RAPS ABOUT UTTER B.S AND IF YOU NOT CAREFUL YOU'LL START TO BELIEVE HE'S ACTUALLY "DOWN" FOR THE CAUSE . RAPPIN ON A FEW POLITICAL SONGS AND PUTTING SOME WACK ASS BLACK RAPPERS ON DON'T MEAN EMINEM SHOULD GET A "BLACK PASS" HE'S PIMPIN BLACK CULTURE AND HE'S ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH IT SUGE KNIGHT SHOULD GO SEE THAT TRANSPARENT BASTID WITH SOME BRASS KNUCKLES AND ALSO PAY DRE SELF HATING ASS A VISIT AS WELL

Read what I said in it's CONTEXT, as well as my other posts in this thread instead of snatching one line out and gnawing on it.

Eminem does have SOME talent, as well as Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Lopez and the other whites they promote in the media. So when you match them against people like the Ying-Yang Twins, Lil John, and Macy Gray who basically have no talent but are still being promoted...you see a pattern forming.

The purposely make us look bad and themselves look good.

BLACKFIST is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Cherubim
      Black Is Power:

Read what I said in it's CONTEXT, as well as my other posts in this thread instead of snatching one line out and gnawing on it.

Eminem does have SOME talent, as well as Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Lopez

exactly what kind of talent does Eminem and Jennifer Lopez and Justin Timberlake have? im just curious

Thumbs Up/Down

Didn't read all the post, I wonder why our people even listen to him
      Osunkoya-Ifayomi
      formerly known as Kwaku

Aiye loja Orun Nile O
      Earth is a marketplace Heaven is home
      http://ileiwosanorunmilamimotemple.freeservers.com/

Nia Maishani is offline 1 in a Billion Twin-Soul

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Cherubim

Eminem does have SOME talent, as well as Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Lopez and the other whites they promote in the media. So when you match them against people like the Ying-Yang Twins, Lil John, and Macy Gray who basically have no talent but are still being promoted...you see a pattern forming.

The purposely make us look bad and themselves look good.
      How strange. From where I stand, they've made NONE of THEM look GOOD to ME. I've never felt even the slightest notion to purchase or listen heavily to any of their music, and that includes the black rapper & producer mentioned. As far as talent goes, there's not a person on the face of this planet who has NO talent, or even "basically" no talent. The so-called talent that folk perceive in scum like m&m, elvis and all the other bloodclots that have attached themselves to black veins has been honed through pathological studying of black talent. There is nothing special about a swine-skinned leech studying rhyme & meter from the Nubian talent who unwittingly & unintentionally paved his way to fame & fortune. Black Is Power's comment serves as a reminder to us that m&m was caucasian before he ever was an entertainer. Therefore, the gist of m&m's message is "watch me dig my mother's grave on television , let's all homosexuals , first & foremost I'm the ruler, the power & the God of this land , and you niggas can just sit around and praise & worship me and wipe my a%% with your mother/sister/daughter whenever I dump."

That's all the energy I'm giving "it". I need to go and spend some mo' time praising the true living God instead of just cursing the false god.
      Resident
      Blackalicious
      Guedebuster

Nia Maishani
      SmJ

"Walk like you're chosen." ~Grand Verbalizer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information