Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      AfroCuban is offline Be-Headed

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Princess View Post
      It's very sad, but the only thing that stands out to me is that she actually went to a lab/hospital etc. for a sperm donor that could give her "pretty pickney". Sadly enough, so many black women AND black men (on the REGULAR, almost as "the thing to do" as procreation is concerned) "mate" with partners they think will give them lighter skin and/OR at least "guud hair" havin' chillunz. It is a representation of a terrible cycle that has yet to be broken.

And if you happen to have the right discussion, you might hear the
      supa-"conscious" brutha or sistuh talk about how they sister got "guud hair" just like they mama and grandma or "Yeah, the baby gon' have good hair just like me and my Diddy." lol
      This is a crime. too bad she did not meet one of my sons. ( not latino) LOL but Cuban Afrikan with the locs! the creator gave him and black skin ..then that baby would have been right

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimelight View Post
      Hotep,

We think we can choose children like going to the grocery store, or buying clothes. That's what yurugu has created. We Afrikan peoples have spent 25 generations under Maafa and expect to be in our right Afrikan mind? We Afrikan peoples, the root people (Mama and Baba to the world) detest ourselves not because we are Afrikan but because we want to be like the biological dead-ends on this planet. The only thing that saves our Afrikan self/people esteem is stop using words like "fair skinned", "good eyes", "bad hair", and return any and all frames of reference back to an Afrikan center. What we pay attention too is what we give our power too.

Shem Hotep,
      . The only thing that saves our Afrikan self/people esteem is stop using words like "fair skinned", "good eyes", "bad hair", and return any and all frames of reference back to an Afrikan center. What we pay attention too is what we give our power too.

I am shoutin! thank you thank you!! each one teach one

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
      I don't care how 'caramel' that baby's skin turns out, or how 'pretty' the kid comes out; that child will be just as expensive as a dark Black child. These silly Sisters go through a "pretty baby stage"; however, no matter how bad the Sisters are brainwashed, there are 2 1/2 times as many Brothers engaging in such self-destructive behavior; hence the IR rates. Anyways, that's a whole nother topic. I guess everyone who frequents sperm banks is guilty of that offense
      Muhammed Ali sd the same thing years ago when he married his second wife..and i quote..i want pretty babies with pretty hair cuz i'm preeeeeety!
      Men are often caught up in thais BS that is why they often are found walking around with shit on thier arms

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Balogun Arinwaka View Post
      Precisely.

The term "latino" does not refer to race, as the term "hispanic" also does not. The baby may very well come out darker and with nappier hair. If social services really worked for Black people, they would seek a court order to have her recieve psychiatric treatment by a Na'im Akbar-like psychologist before she had that child, because she is already a threat to it.

Balogun
      Comrades

There is no such thing a a latino nor a hispanic these are made up words coined by the stupid Euros because they refused to accept that we are from different cultures, and speak another language
      The word Hispanic was taken from the orig country now called santo domingo (hispanola)

The US government, trying to find a correct term for a group of people immigrating to the US and speaking Spanish, came up with the term "Hispanic" for it is the language the most important fact that ties all people coming from Spain, Mexico, Central and South America.

In reality like many Hispanics i know we do not like being called this and we only want to be called by our names: I agree with all of my African Cuban Associates that we are not liking the term "Hispanic/latino". It sounds a little disrespectful to us. and I think it's not the most appropiate word for describing my culture. "

The Gov here claims the distinction is one of familiarity. From an organizational perspective (The US Government), the term "Hispanic" may be appropriate for an entire group of people, in the same calculating way "Caucasian" is used to describe Euros or a massive corporation might refer to their employees as "human assets".

From a more personal perspective, I wouldn't really think of referring to my best friend as Latina. She's too familiar to me to use such a cold term. Instead, I might say she's AfroCuban", identifying her place of origin.
      The term "Hispanic" categorizes an entire group of people based on the derivation of their natural language. It's cold and impersonal, and basically erases any notion of personal and cultural heritage. Afro Cuban on the other hand, seems more intimate, personal and specific, even familiar.

Asante family

just speaking my piece noone has committed a wrong but the Gov!

Sun Ship is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

We know that there is nothing new about “many” Black women (and men) being caught up in choosing mates who have supposed “non-African” features so their children would have supposed “non-African” features, it’s just rare that it would made so public, as in what was mentioned in this article. It’s still all about self-hatred, both here in North American and South America.

Let alone how this developed amongst the white Europeans, this actually goes all the way back to the “varna” (skin color) based caste system developed by the early Brahmin class in India, and it seems it will never go away.

I remember an article in Essence Magazine years ago that revealed how a woman who was seemingly very African-centered who thought she did not really believe she harbored this type of self hatred, as in a subconscious wanting "desire" for light skinned children and so forth, until she was tested and questioned by a Black psychologist who was able to reveal and make her admit that she had these thoughts on a very deep subconscious level.

I think this type of thinking has been burned so deep into our unconscious mind and is only noticeable in very subtle ways that it moves from generation to generation without much notice or fanfare.

5602 is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Sankofa!

Clearly Black People have forgotten their mating sciences.

Also, can anyone put a link in to the source for this information? I'm asking cause much of what we hear in "white media" is propaganda designed to humiliated us.

Sun Ship is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Cool Let's get some clarity...

Quote Originally Posted by AfroCuban View Post
      Comrades

There is no such thing a a latino nor a hispanic these are made up words coined by the stupid Euros because they refused to accept that we are from different cultures, and speak another language
      The word Hispanic was taken from the orig country now called santo domingo (hispanola)

The US government, trying to find a correct term for a group of people immigrating to the US and speaking Spanish, came up with the term "Hispanic" for it is the language the most important fact that ties all people coming from Spain, Mexico, Central and South America.

In reality like many Hispanics i know we do not like being called this and we only want to be called by our names: I agree with all of my African Cuban Associates that we are not liking the term "Hispanic/latino". It sounds a little disrespectful to us. and I think it's not the most appropiate word for describing my culture. "

The Gov here claims the distinction is one of familiarity. From an organizational perspective (The US Government), the term "Hispanic" may be appropriate for an entire group of people, in the same calculating way "Caucasian" is used to describe Euros or a massive corporation might refer to their employees as "human assets".

From a more personal perspective, I wouldn't really think of referring to my best friend as Latina. She's too familiar to me to use such a cold term. Instead, I might say she's AfroCuban", identifying her place of origin.
      The term "Hispanic" categorizes an entire group of people based on the derivation of their natural language. It's cold and impersonal, and basically erases any notion of personal and cultural heritage. Afro Cuban on the other hand, seems more intimate, personal and specific, even familiar.

Asante family

just speaking my piece noone has committed a wrong but the Gov!

I agree that Europeans created all of these terms to define Africans and other is the colonial Americas, the question I have is, why Africans from so-called “Latin America” who are in the US are not publicly protesting this? There is a very large Spanish speaking diasporic community of African descent that are allowing their selves to be designated as Hispanic and Latino, and conceding to this definition by their deafening silence. I’ve heard no objection from the Spanish speaking diasporic community of African descent concerning how for decades the US Census and most applications that asked about race, use terms that divide Blacks in North America, from so-called Black “Hispanics” (their terminology, not mine).

I know there are many who stand on there African heritage regardless of language or postcolonial culture, still it is obvious that when put before the media, or in the larger public arena, too many diasporic Africans from the Spanish speaking colonies want to uphold being "Hispanic" or "Latino" or their neocolonial identification and nationality, and not their obvious African ancestry, as well as make sure that it is understood that they are not to be grouped with the diasporic Africans of North America.

If the term “Latin or Latino” are so derogatory, racist, nondescript, and dismissive than why participate in any event that uses such a term?
      As I implied in another thread, the African Cubans should be outside of the Latin Grammy’s with protest signs castigating those cultural thieves inside, and telling the world the truth about Cuba’s and so-called “Latin” America’s Africanized culture, and not just being used as tokens as the non-African, or self-designated and self-defined “white” Spanish-speaking people of Latin America (who definitely see themselves as Latinos and Hispanics) get rich, rewarded, and take most of the credit for the African culture of Cuba and other places.

Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb AFRO CUBAN 4 life

Guidance

May we know that it is the journey that is important.

May we find our own truths and the divine within ourselves and in doing so help our fellow travelers to find their own.

May we see each other through spirit and not through worldly eyes

May each of us find our true path and learn from our mistakes (karma) and accept each other's revolutionary pathway and not feel, show, or express disapproval with the choices the other makes..

May the Gods and Goddesess smile upon us with compassion and continue to turn the wheel of Dharma.

May all beings be free from suffering and its causes.

May all beings have happiness and its causes.

May we all achieve liberation and peace

May God always appear in the world as long as there is one being who is not yet free.

May we be free of harm from self, and others

nkpe3297 is offline Man of truth

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

You know this is nothing new. Why do people make a big deal about something that has been going on for a very, very long time.

I live in Greenville SC, many of the folks here have interacial marriages. Mostly I have seen more interacial children here than I have ever seen in contrast to Charleston SC, where racism is rampant.

But here in Greenville, these people literally put these biracial kids on parade, like "look at what I made"...and so fourth. I feel like many men and women dod not do this out of love, or desire, but purely for the genetic result of mixed children.

I have to admit though, some of these kids still look dark, some don't even have the "good" hair, some look like they don't know which way to go.

And it's a lot of them around here in Greenville which made me ask myself what is going on here??

Are you so-much into self-hatred that you have to make kids with the enemy?

My wife has encounter questions about our daughters due to their complexion, even though we are both black, but they swear she married a yt ..and believe me I don't like that crap. Genes are genes, you never know what or how things are going to turn out when you put two people together.

How we follow a barrage of caste sytems within our own culture, the #1 reason stems from slavery. And I don't belive so much that it is subconcous, it's deemed as what people think is pretty, and what has been crammed daily into our heads. Imageery is big. White folks wanna be like us so much it's not even funny, after years of putting us down, we still wanna look like them.

Unfortunately, we can't tell someone who they should mate with, but we know that the reasons why they are doing it is over 500 years old.

And even within our culture, we percieve beauty, and right based on how light and good the hair is. we are racist amongst our ownselves.

YT is trying his best to dilute our gene pool, and vene the bi-racial children are gonna face there own problems, and have to figure out which way to go, bad enough Halle Berry has given in, but theese kids are gonna catch hell in the future.

I'll colse with this is more than a fad....to see how there kids will look. Eventually when the coverment can't classify them, and when YT shows the nature of the beast on these kids because they aren't truly white, what do you think will happen next. Identity crisis.

Walk Wit Me is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

oooohssss

lovesss me some light skin and non kinky hurr masssaaaaa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-20-2010, 12:02 PM
    2. 09-19-2009, 09:53 AM
    3. 09-10-2009, 02:14 PM