Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Hebrew Israelites...a Pan-Afrikan group?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I was discussing "The Comforter", a Hebrew Israelite, with a brother down here and I was curious how many people agree or disagree with the belief that the Hebrew Israelites are a Pan-African organization. To summarize it, they believe that Blacks in amerikkka are NOT Afrikan. They believe we came from Jerusalem (which I've been told is in Africa, historically). I have pasted a link to some of their propoganda where they explicitly state that we are NOT Africans. Is this something we ignore and move on? Do we applaud their works, but shun their ideology? Just curious of how other Pan-Africanists feel about this group of Africans (whether they believe it or not).

http://www.theholyconceptionunit.org...lish/judah.pdf

edit:

Let me also state the counter claim by the brother... "Look at their works, and you will see them gathering our people together under one umbrella for one cause. Whether they claim Africa or not, they are Africans bringing Africans together."
      Last edited by AfroNinpo; 06-21-2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: clarification
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

MsLioness is offline Administrator

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by AfroNinpo View Post
      I was discussing "The Comforter", a Hebrew Israelite, with a brother down here and I was curious how many people agree or disagree with the belief that the Hebrew Israelites are a Pan-African organization. To summarize it, they believe that Blacks in amerikkka are NOT Afrikan. They believe we came from Jerusalem (which I've been told is in Africa, historically). I have pasted a link to some of their propoganda where they explicitly state that we are NOT Africans. Is this something we ignore and move on? Do we applaud their works, but shun their ideology? Just curious of how other Pan-Africanists feel about this group of Africans (whether they believe it or not).

http://www.theholyconceptionunit.org...lish/judah.pdf

edit:

Let me also state the counter claim by the brother... "Look at their works, and you will see them gathering our people together under one umbrella for one cause. Whether they claim Africa or not, they are Africans bringing Africans together."

Beautiful. Same thing I was wondering regarding Moorish American Moslems. They say we came from the land of Canaan...

To me, brother, its like this:
      You do not have to be in Africa to be a pan-Africanist. They want to better our conditions, and the religious, systematic way they plan to alleviate our problems, are forms of pan-Africanism...One God (One Aim) One Destiny.
      They just have to understand that there is room for their organizations in Pan-Africanism, yet no room for a Pan-African state inside of their organizations.

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/1
      Given: 5/0

Yes the Hebrew Israelites are Pan Afrikan. Shalam Ak.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. View Post
      Yes the Hebrew Israelites are Pan Afrikan. Shalam Ak.
      Ok...support that.
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by AfroNinpo View Post
      Ok...support that.
      I concur with his sentiment. If MsLioness was able to back up what she said, then surely you can too, G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

I think how a group defines themselves is paramount.
      Why is Ben Ammi Anointed Spiritual Leader of the African Hebrew Israelites of Jerusalem Group called "the African Hebrew Isrealites? His book "God,The Blackman and The Truth" is one of the most Afrikan centered pieces I have ever read. Are we getting to caught up in words at the expense of deeds? Is True Pan-Afrikanism more a word or deeds?

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by RBG Street Scholar View Post
      I think how a group defines themselves is paramount.
      Why is Ben Ammi Anointed Spiritual Leader of the African Hebrew Israelites of Jerusalem Group called "the African Hebrew Isrealites? His book "God,The Blackman and The Truth" is one of the most Afrikan centered pieces I have ever read. Are we getting to caught up in words at the expense of deeds? Is True Pan-Afrikanism more a word or deeds?
      I can definitely dig this. The only issue is have is, our people have been trying to define ourselves for the last couple centuries. Afro-Amerikkkan, Negro, etc. If we are to return to our roots, saying things like "The Black man is not African" is counter productive. All I'm saying is, whether we like it or not, words matter. I will say that deeds outweigh words, but words are still vital. The root word of Nationalism is 'Nation'. The definition of Nation is 'an aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language.' If we have one group of people who don't consider themselves to be a part of the same nation as our brothers and sisters on the continent... Would that not counter our aims as Nationalists?
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

In Re of them saying "The Black man is not African" .

Where did you get or read that brother. Can you provide me with the source
      / link because Ben Ammi never said that and his sect is foremost--They call themselves African Hebrew Isrealites.

Moorish Rebel is offline Nkrumah-Tureist

Thumbs Up/Down

Forward to ONE Unified Liberated Africa

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish Rebel View Post
      Good research Bro, I have always studied the teachings of Ben Ammi and admired the community work of Yahweh Ben Yahweh; without realizing the varied belief systems. The kingdomofyah link does a very interesting thing, "it tells the truth, but it ignores the Black Nationalist and Pan-Afrikanist movements as historical developments".

Asante for the clarification

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish Rebel View Post
      I, too, had lumped them into one group. Thanks for the clarification.
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur

Charmz is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Shalom Shalom
      I belong to the Edenic Hebrew Nation.....The thing about Black Nationalist is that some fail to realize that we are already a Nation with our own language, land, and heritage. The old testament tells of the glory of our Elders and ancestors and even tells how we are to end up in this land to be slaves and lose all of our hebrew heritage until the end.....i'm all for building up Africa but we need to build up ourselves first and focus on OUR nation....
      The fact that the ancient Egyptians were black-skin prompted Volney to make the following statement:"What a subject for meditation, just think that the race of black men today our slaves and the object of our scorn,is the very race to which we owe our arts, science and even the use of our speech."

BBC Tha Movement!!!

Warrior Princess is offline Administrator

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 16/0
      Given: 1/0

They believe we came from Jerusalem
      Well I've heard of one particular "spiritual" group of black ppl professing that they descended from black ppl who voluntarily "walked" to America as opposed to descending from the black people who involuntarily arrived to America via ship & slave trade. *scratching my head*
      "The greatest mistake of the movement has been to organize a sleeping people around specific goals. You have to wake the people up first, then youll get action." Brother Malcolm

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Charmz View Post
      Shalom Shalom
      I belong to the Edenic Hebrew Nation.....The thing about Black Nationalist is that some fail to realize that we are already a Nation with our own language, land, and heritage. The old testament tells of the glory of our Elders and ancestors and even tells how we are to end up in this land to be slaves and lose all of our hebrew heritage until the end.....i'm all for building up Africa but we need to build up ourselves first and focus on OUR nation....
      And I suppose that language is hebrew and that land is Israel, right? And that's according to the Bible, right? So, why should I believe the Bible?
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur

Sun Ship is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I’m glad someone cleared up the confusion, for as mentioned there are many various Black Hebraic groups who call themselves Hebrew Israelites with various or different belief systems.

Ben Ammi’s group believes that Palestine was originally Northeast Africa and I cannot say they are historically incorrect! There are also other African ethnic nations in West Africa who historical mythologies professed that they come from a land east of Egypt (Kemet).

I have been always very inspired by the actual life-quality changes that the African Hebrew Israelites have implemented under the guidance of Ben Ammi, though I have been rather dismayed by his decision to allow his people to serve in the Israeli army, for I know this is a requirement for all Israeli citizens, and just recently the African Israelites have become officially citizens of the state of Israel. Still, I don’t see serving to fight Palestinians as a very Pan-African move.

This decision to accept this mandatory enlistment, or service to me is problematic based on Israeli politics, even though I have to be fair because, I know that other African countries have made strange “Western bedfellows” and they should not be necessarily unconsidered in the Pan African movement.

With all that said, I think we need to open our arms to all Africans fighting or wrestling with oppression, for Pan Africanism is a developing ideology and all African nations, people, and organizations have fallen short of the more loftier goal of African redemption, liberation and freedom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information